ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#581 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 23, 2020 5:19 pm

In2ition wrote:I had a GSW fan propose a trade of their top 3 pick and trade exception from the Iggy trade for Kelly.
What do you think? You get cap room, but the higher pick is a higher cap hold on top of their own pick. Could be helpful in FA this yr.

Are we also keeping our pick at 10 still too, IF so, then sign me up! Oubre has been amazing for us! However, He is recently coming off of a knee injury, And is due for a big payday in the 2021 free agency market. So IF we could score a top 3 pick, Keep ours at 10 and also get cap space, That's an absolute win for us. Especially heading into 2021 and with needing to extend Bridges and Ayton AND also wanting to potentially upgrade our roster. So theoretically, in this scenario:

In the top 3- We draft either Melo Ball or Hayes. Then I'd trade the 10th pick to Boston for the 17 and 26th pick.

17- Jalen Smith or Paul Reed.

With Jalen Smith, You get: ELITE rim protection/ rebounding/ and high level floorspacing with him hitting on over 37% from three.

With Paul Reed, You get ELITE shotblocking/ defensive versatility and rebounding.

26- Tyler Bey.
You get ELITE perimeter defense/ Elite defensive playmaking/ ELITE rebounding/ reliable 3 point shot at over 40%. And he's a double/double stats stuffing monster too.

*** In free agency, Use the additional cap space added to our own, And then sign one of GALLINARI/Ibaka/ Milsapp/ Favors ( 1year deals). Then using the remaining cap space, Pursue and sign either Joe Harris or Bryn Forbes?? Added elite shooting!
*** Resign Baynes!
Or IF we go big in the Top 5, I'd then do this:
Top 5- DRAFT TOPPIN!
Trade the 10th pick to Boston for Marcus Smart/ 26th pick.
26- Draft Tyler Bey ( ELITE perimeter defender , rebounder and defensive playmaker) with consistent 40%+ from three.

*** Resign and then trade Saric/ Diallo and a future conditional 2nd for Seth Curry ( ELITE perimeter shooting) beside either Rubio or Smart.

In free agency, I'd then pursue Gallinarior Ibaka ( 1 yr deal).
*** Resign Baynes.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#582 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#583 » by Blonde » Sat May 23, 2020 7:06 pm

I paid the $5 for the Zona Sports draft database in the above link a few months back. I’d recommend it for anyone here who wants a ton of draft information in a convenient format.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#584 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Blonde wrote:I paid the $5 for the Zona Sports draft database in the above link a few months back. I’d recommend it for anyone here who wants a ton of draft information in a convenient format.

Interesting. I remember that guy before he started that website and when he asked for money for a draft section I laughed because I figured there was much better free information elsewhere. Interesting to hear it has quality content. Good for him. I know he's been working hard.
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#585 » by youngWizzy » Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Hey guys, I just added a new feature to my site that let's you compare two prospects side by side here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/compare

Probably one of the cooler tools I've added.

I also added age as a method for comparing players for per40 and advanced stats which a lot of you requested! You can also choose to add manual measurements on the site as well as pick and choose which measurements you would like to compare physical measurements for players. Also similarity scores for comparisons are on the site as well!

If you don't mind checking it out that'd be amazing!!!!

Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#586 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue May 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Curious who you guys take 1 if trading the pick wasn't an option?

No way id go Wiseman due to fit and I just don't see him as some super prospect.

I like Haliburton and Hayes but man 1 seems high for either one.

Edwards looks like a decent prospect but that means pretty much full time point Booker to make him work.

Ball is the YOLO pick, if he hits he could be a unique good player but man could he bust hard.

It's just an odd top of the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#587 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Curious who you guys take 1 if trading the pick wasn't an option?

No way id go Wiseman due to fit and I just don't see him as some super prospect.

Edwards looks like a decent prospect but that means pretty much full time point Booker to make him work.

Ball is the YOLO pick, if he hits he could be a unique good player but man could he bust hard.

I've succumbed. If I'm forced to make the #1 pick, I take LaMelo. I'd want to bring him in off the bench, and I'm not sure a Ball could handle that. But the tuth is, there isn't a player in this draft I'd start on day 1.

GoK's idea of trading down with NYK to add the #27 and the DAL '21 seems pretty good to me, too, in principle. Depends where they're drafting and what other components we might be able to add to the deal. Am I interested in DSJ, Ntilikina or Knox? Not sure I am, as I prefer guys who can play. Portis and Randle make too much for me to want to add them to my bench.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#588 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Curious who you guys take 1 if trading the pick wasn't an option?

I've succumbed. If I'm forced to make the #1 pick, I take LaMelo. I'd want to bring him in off the bench, and I'm not sure a Ball could handle that. But the tuth is, there isn't a player in this draft I'd start on day 1.

GoK's idea of trading down with NYK to add the #27 and the DAL '21 seems pretty good to me, too, in principle. Depends where they're drafting and what other components we might be able to add to the deal. Am I interested in DSJ, Ntilikina or Knox? Not sure I am, as I prefer guys who can play. Portis and Randle make too much for me to want to add them to my bench.
I think I'm at the same spot where I'd roll the dice on Ball. Now huge qualifier that I would really really try to trade the pick but it takes two to tango.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#589 » by ATTL » Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 pm

I dont trust ball at all.
I take Edwards 1 and trade kelly.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#590 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue May 26, 2020 8:27 pm

I like what I've read about Devin Vassell. I'm not in the we need to trade oubre camp but if Vassell is there at 10 he'd be a temping pick and then you probably need to trade a wing.

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#591 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I like what I've read about Devin Vassell. I'm not in the we need to trade oubre camp but if Vassell is there at 10 he'd be a temping pick and then you probably need to trade a wing.

I'd be perfectly happy to add Vassell. I have him ahead of Edwards. He'd back up Devin, and I'd be curious to see how the Devins would play together. But I wouldn't be prompted to move Kelly just because we drafted DV. Kelly doesn't play any backup 2, but rather 3/4. We badly need a backup 2.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#592 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:16 am

I think in a situation like this, if you really like guys like Halliburton and Hayes, and think they are more of sure things than Ball, you take who you want. If you think Ball is a gamble, I am not sure this is the team that should do that.

I don't think this is a very good draft, especially at the top. You could also take the guy you deem has the most trade value, but that's risky.

I'm sure people said "I like Tatum, but man no 1 seems high for him" and same can go for a lot of other players. I have not looked into a lot of players, but I am not sure I would take Ball, if the consensus is he is a boom/bust guy. I don't know.

But since we have expert decision makers in Jones and Bower, I'm sure they would make the best decision.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#593 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I like what I've read about Devin Vassell. I'm not in the we need to trade oubre camp but if Vassell is there at 10 he'd be a temping pick and then you probably need to trade a wing.

I'd be perfectly happy to add Vassell. I have him ahead of Edwards. He'd back up Devin, and I'd be curious to see how the Devins would play together. But I wouldn't be prompted to move Kelly just because we drafted DV. Kelly doesn't play any backup 2, but rather 3/4. We badly need a backup 2.

Agreed! :wink:

It would be awesome to be able to have 2 ELITE lockdown perimeter defenders in both of Vassell and Bridges. Then you could just let Booker, Oubre, and Ayton go crazy on offense. Then also, IF Vassell takes big steps forward offensively, Then he could potentially replace Oubre( IF he gets a big offer in 2021 that we can't afford to match or beat)!!! So then assuming that in this scenario, We are keeping Oubre ( for now) then we'd play Vassell at the backup 2, Cam Johnson at the 3, Bridges at the starting 3 and Oubre at the starting 4. We'd still need a backup guard AND a backup 4 to replace Saric for now. So with respect to that.................

I would still absolutely look to trade some package of Saric **( resigned at around 6 - 8 million, and traded), Diallo, and Okobo to one of:

1- Dallas-
Saric( resigned at 8 million and traded)/ Diallo/ Okobo and a future conditional 2nd for Delon Wright and the 31st pick.
31- Draft Jalen Smith 1st***( IF he falls that far) or Killian Tillie ( 2nd) or Paul Reed ( 3rd) to be the Backup 4/5 ( Sarics' replacement).

2- Philly-
For Mike Scott/ and the 34th and 36th pick.
34- Draft Jalen Smith (1st)** IF he falls that far, or or Killian Tillie (2nd) or Paul Reed ( 3rd) to be Sarics' replacement).

36- Grant Riller 1st (*** IF he falls that far) or Malachi Flynn ( 2nd) , Or Cassius Winston ( 3rd).

OR
******Maybe take a chance on an elite Toronto phenom in Karim Man'e???
He's 6'5 with a 7'0+ wingspan, And is super athletic and has elite potential.

3-Utah-
For Miye Oni and the 24th pick.
24- Draft Grant Riller ( 1) or Tre Jones ( 2) or Tyrell Terry ( 3).
***Then buy a 2nd ( 34) from Philly, And draft one of Paul Reed/ Killian Tillie/ or Reggie Perry.

But in all honesty, My gut tells me that Jones is planning a trade back scenario to take Saddiq Bey, And potentially get another asset too. Most likely something like the 10th pick/Saric (* sign n' trade) and Diallo to:
- Dallas for Delon Wright / 18th pick and the 31st pick.

18- Draft Saddiq Bey.
31- Immanuel Quickly or Elijah Hughes.

Or
- Boston, The 10th pick/ Saric ( resigned at 6-8 million, and traded)/Diallo/ Okobo for Marcus Smart and the 17th pick/ 30th pick.
17- Saddiq Bey.
30- Immanuel Quickly or Cassius Stanley or Elijah Hughes.

Although, I still really like the idea of doing the Oubre trade that a Golden State Warriors fan proposed the most! Wherein we trade Oubre to Golden State for their 17.2 million trade exception AND their top 4 pick.

It would suck to lose Oubre, But we may lose him in 2021 free agency anyways. And this trade would give us cap space + premium draft assets to use towards roster improvements or in a trade. For instance:
Top 4 pick- Draft Toppin. ( Amare 2.0) for us?

Then trade the 10th pick And Saric ( resigned at around 6-8 million)/Diallo/ future conditional 2nd to Boston for Marcus Smart and the 26th/ 30th picks.

26- Draft Tyler Bey (Shawn Marion 2.0/ Elite versatile defender) And Oubres' statistical production replacement.

30- Draft Immanuel Quickly or Skylar Mays. ( Microwave volume scorers off the bench with Quickly being similar to ( Lou Williams) and Skylar Mays being similar to ( Jamal Murray). So we'd be better with either honestly.

So we'd walk out of draft night with Toppin/ Tyler Bey/ Immanuel Quickly AND Marcus Smart. Also we'd have the 17 million ( Iguodala trade exception) to use towards free agency. So now we can pursue one of Gallinari/ Ibaka/ Milsapp/ or even Favors. On a big 1 year deal. Then resign Baynes and Kaminsky. And roll into next season, And into the playoffs!!!

- Rubio/ Smart/ Jerome.
- Booker/ * Free agent /Quickly. *( Bryn Forbes or Alec Burks)??
- Bridges/ Cam/Tyler Bey.
- Gallinari/ Toppin/ Kaminsky.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ * Noel or *Len. *( Free agency).
Playoffs :D :nod:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#594 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed May 27, 2020 3:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I think in a situation like this, if you really like guys like Halliburton and Hayes, and think they are more of sure things than Ball, you take who you want. If you think Ball is a gamble, I am not sure this is the team that should do that.

I don't think this is a very good draft, especially at the top. You could also take the guy you deem has the most trade value, but that's risky.

I'm sure people said "I like Tatum, but man no 1 seems high for him" and same can go for a lot of other players. I have not looked into a lot of players, but I am not sure I would take Ball, if the consensus is he is a boom/bust guy. I don't know.

But since we have expert decision makers in Jones and Bower, I'm sure they would make the best decision.
Ha yeah the suns expert decision makers would never mess up a draft ;)

It's kind of hard to predict who they would like at the top of this draft.

I'm actually starting to warm up to the group that would be there around 10. Some decent role player types or take a swing on a potential pg of future like Anthony, Terry, or Maxey.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#595 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Very cool! The 2021 draft just keeps getting deeper and more EPIC! This kid is an ELITE 4/5 defensive prospect. He's got a 7'4 wingspan and a 9'4 standing reach as well. He's a complete game changer on the defensive end and has elite athleticism as well. There'll definitely be a large number of elite bigs and wings in the 2021 draft that push more elite prospects further down into the middle/ late first round at this rate. Which bodes really well for us actually.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/moussa-cisse.html?m=1
If he continues to improve on his midrange game and adding weight and strength, Then he'll be absolutely lethal as a modern day 3 and D power forward/ center. :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#596 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 27, 2020 10:11 pm

2 clips for two of my favorite draft prospects that we're hopefully considering.

Jalen Smith-
Read on Twitter
?s=19
He's actually a versatile 3 and D power forward that can also play at the 5 too. Regardless, He's constantly improving his offensive game/ strength. He definitely has immense Ibaka/ Rich man's Anthony Randolph potential. And I'll go on record to say that he'd be by far the best 3 and D fit next to Ayton that we could possibly hope for.
I'd happily draft him anywhere in the 10- 25 range even. And then look at buying a mid- late 2nd to add Elijah Hughes to be our backup 2/3 and microwave scorer off the bench.

Elijah Hughes-
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He's a 6'6- 6'7 Uber athletic high motor clone of Oubre. And he absolutely has elite big time shotmaking potential. He also is known for making big plays both on offense and defense throughout the game. He'd be an unbelievable steal in the 2nd round. And he'd fit amazingly in between Booker and Oubre or between Rubio and Bridges, or really any combination. And he would also give us a strong ISO scorer and clutch shotmaker off the bench :D.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#597 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jun 4, 2020 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#598 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 9, 2020 1:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Saddiq Bey is still really intriguing!
Weemsickew14
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#599 » by Weemsickew14 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:35 am

I think Devin Vassell and Jalen Smith are 2 names to keep an eye on. I really like Vassell as a backup 2 for Booker. He's an elite defender, knockdown shooter, and can create a little; he compares similarly to Mikal I believe, but has a little more on offense. Smith has been talked about quite a bit. Love his shooting stroke, size, and instincts. Would be happy with Vassell at 10, Smith at 10 would be similar to taking Cam Johnson at 11 last year, not too much of a reach. If we could get both we would add shooting and defense, but not playmaking like James Jones talked about.
Weemsickew14
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#600 » by Weemsickew14 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:06 am

While lurking around the board I created my big board for the SUNS.

1. Ant Edwards, I believe bpa in the draft. He can be a true number 1 very questionable fit though...

2. Killian Hayes (Who i want the most), Killian is a complete pg with no glaring weaknesses. I have him ranked over Ball as I believe the upside between the 2 is similar but Hayes has much higher floor. Love Hayes and think he will be great.

3. Lamelo, High upside with his length, flare, and scoring potential. Think his shooting stroke is okay, but could see his small frame make him struggle around the rim and not so sure his defense compares to Lonzo.

4a. Obi Toppin, If he could play some defense would be ranked higher. Love the offense, not so sure about defense. Maybe he can improve? Very talented and can shoot. Amare with a 3pt shot?

4b. Haliburton, Love his feel for the game and point guard ability as well as his length. Question his skinny frame and his shooting stroke, but if it goes in it goes in. See a Shai-Gilgeous type with a more pass first mentality.

4c. Devin Vassell, One of my favorite players. See a Mikal Bridges type but with a better offensive game coming out. Would be a great backup for Booker. He can play and is a very safe pick, I would be happy.

5. Jalen Smith, Very similar to Ibaka. Great shooter, rebounder, and shot blocker. Very intrigued and I believe the front office is too. Only question is his ability to guard the perimeter.

Other than the names listed, I am not really too in love with anyone else. I think Saddiq Bey warrants a look but his lack of defensive stats and slow footspeed concerns me. I really only like him at the 4 like a covington. Cole Anthony has quite a bit of potential, but I just see another Brandon Knight/Coby White type player and I am not a fan of that type of skillset. Although Wiseman and Okongwu are elite prospects and I would love to have either, I just do not see it happening due to fit/need. Nesmith can shoot but that's it and Okoro is too raw.

Curious to hear what everyone thinks :D

Return to Phoenix Suns