Image ImageImage Image

OT: Knicks to pursue Thibs as HC

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

OT: Knicks to pursue Thibs as HC 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Wed May 27, 2020 6:25 pm

I wonder how long the honeymoon will be and how rocky the marriage will be.

Read on Twitter
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Re: OT: Knicks to pursue Thibs as HC 

Post#2 » by coldfish » Wed May 27, 2020 6:32 pm

They will instantly win close to 40 games and after a year or so, the fanbase will demand that he get fired because some worthless rookie is only playing sparingly and the team "should be a contender with how much talent it has". Eventually Thibs will get canned and they will go back to winning 20-30 games every year.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,179

Post#3 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed May 27, 2020 6:51 pm

He should be at the top of our coaching search as well. Not that he would come back after the way JR roasted him in the press.... :roll:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#4 » by HomoSapien » Wed May 27, 2020 7:26 pm

coldfish wrote:They will instantly win close to 40 games and after a year or so, the fanbase will demand that he get fired because some worthless rookie is only playing sparingly and the team "should be a contender with how much talent it has". Eventually Thibs will get canned and they will go back to winning 20-30 games every year.

Those threads where people were demanding more minutes for McDermott definitely couldn't have aged well.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,693

Post#5 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:02 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
coldfish wrote:They will instantly win close to 40 games and after a year or so, the fanbase will demand that he get fired because some worthless rookie is only playing sparingly and the team "should be a contender with how much talent it has". Eventually Thibs will get canned and they will go back to winning 20-30 games every year.

Those threads where people were demanding more minutes for McDermott definitely couldn't have aged well.

And there are still people who feel like he doesn't know how to handle rookies or rotations.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#6 » by TheStig » Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Thibs is a excellent coach but that team has no real talent. Maybe RJ will be good. Maybe they win they lotto. But I couldn't imagine plopping Thibs in last year's Knicks team and having that team wining 40 games.

The only way Thibs makes sense is if the agent GM knows he can sign some guys but I think the FA class will be slim. Lot's of options will be picked up with the pending cap plunge.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#7 » by TheStig » Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

Could you really fault them? We traded 6 picks for the great McDermott.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,693

Post#8 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 pm

TheStig wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I could due to Thibs has always known when guys are ready. Unless he's been forced to (like with Teague), he hasn't thrown out guys there who weren't ready for their roles. I think we have enough evidence that shows he has good judgement.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#9 » by erlim » Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Everything James Cancer Dolan will turn to poison.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#10 » by HomoSapien » Wed May 27, 2020 8:19 pm

TheStig wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I get it, but in hindsight we had about half this board turn against him in part because he knew faster than everyone else that McDermott sucked.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#11 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 pm

He should get chance to be Bulls coach with new managment.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#12 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed May 27, 2020 8:34 pm

He should get chance to be Bulls coach with new management.
The Senator
Junior
And1: 340

Post#13 » by The Senator » Wed May 27, 2020 8:39 pm

I'll be happy for him if he gets the chance. Never liked how Thibs was undermined and pushed out the door here and if the things he's said in recent interviews are indicative of a shift in his mindset, perhaps this could actually work out. Not that I'd ever want the Knicks to be better than the Bulls, but their fans deserve better than they've gotten for a long time and I hope that he ends up making them halfway(but no more) respectable.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#14 » by TheStig » Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
TheStig wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I get it, but in hindsight we had about half this board turn against him in part because he knew faster than everyone else that McDermott sucked.

I was being sarcastic. You're correct there were two distinct fractions in this board, the GarPax group that thought Thibs good but but a crazy **** and then you had the Thibs people who thought the game passed GarPax by. Being in the later, I have to chuckle at the great anointment of Dougie.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#15 » by dice » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 pm

TheStig wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

huh? they traded #16, #19 and #53 for #11. pretty standard valuation trade
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#16 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:25 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:He should be at the top of our coaching search as well. Not that he would come back after the way JR roasted him in the press.... :roll:

Dear god no
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,738

Post#17 » by dougthonus » Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:And there are still people who feel like he doesn't know how to handle rookies or rotations.

Fans will say that about every coach whom is struggling in any way. Complaining about rotations can be legitimate of course, but since its usually a hindsight type of complaint that you can't prove the other side of, it is always a favorite to rip on a coach about.

I'm not sure if anyone has liked the Bulls rotations since the Jordan era.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#18 » by dumbell78 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm

dice wrote:
TheStig wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

I'm sure he's including the 2nd rounders we had to include to dump one last contract to Orlando. This was to make room and allow for the anointed one to come to us.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#19 » by dice » Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 pm

dumbell78 wrote:
dice wrote:
TheStig wrote:Could you really fault them? We traded 6 picks for the great McDermott.

I'm sure he's including the 2nd rounders we had to include to dump one last contract to Orlando. This was to make room and allow for the anointed one to come to us.

well, that's very disingenuous. the secondary trade you're referring to the bulls gave up #51 and #47, cleared a little cap space (itself a benefit) and also got a former late 2nd rounder who never ended up coming to play in the nba. the players taken w/ the #51 and #53 picks the bulls gave up never played in the nba either. the #47 turned into jake layman

so that's harris, nurkic and 3 mid-to-late 2nd rounders (5 picks in total) for mcdermott, a former 2nd round pick who almost certainly wasn't coming over, and a little cap space. i never liked the trade, and it certainly didn't work out for the bulls, but mcdermott has finally become an nba caliber player in indy, while harris for some reason has regressed to trash the last couple of seasons, making the trade not look as awful as it had a couple of years ago. regardless, it never had anything to do with the late draft picks

if there's a good point to make there shouldn't be any need to distort the truth
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,220

Post#20 » by Red8911 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Thibs has his positives and negatives as a coach but he would be perfect for a rebuilding team like the Knicks. He would be great for our bulls too but Reinsdorf would probably not even entertain that idea unless AK is really high on him.

Believe it or not Thibs wasn’t the best option when the bulls had a good team with Rose, I don’t think he’s a guy to take a team to a championship. Now though the bulls are in a totally different situation and could use Thibs to become a playoff team again.I hate the Knicks but they are making the best choice if they hire him.

Return to Chicago Bulls