Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,009

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1501 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
I’d rather take a 5% chance on free agency or Otto’s resurgence than tying down to Wiggins for 3 years. As far as I can tell, GSW is purely managing their trade chips. They can say what they want about Wiggins’ long-term future in GS, but fact is their plan is to boost his stats and sell high, barre the very small chance the culture motivates him into stardom (about as small as our star FA odds).

I don’t want to trade Zach for a rebuild. I’d trade up with him (add picks) for a two-way all-star.

Please name me the top-3 pick who starts on this Bulls team. Would you start Edwards over Zach? LaMelo over Coby? The guy has led his NBL team to the worst record in Australia while shooting putrid percentages. Wendell is coming off a junk season, but he is barely 20 years old and if he finally gets in shape without injury setback, while Wiseman is much more impressive athlete, I don’t think his 19yo self starts over a 3rd year Wendell.

This draft sucks. There are no superstar tier prospects. They’re basically on par with the guys we have.

Unless he goes to GSW, LaMelo is not winning more than 25 games next year as a starter.

Wiggins is not their long term plan. DAR, a far better player was literally dumped for a high pick.
GSW is all about shooting, and borderline star level OPJ provides way more value compared to Wiggins who cannot shoot yet takes those long midrange jumpers. If they dont trade, sure your letting Green and Steph rot and waste the cheap cost controlled talents by not properly contending.

You simply trade one of Lavine and White if you get Lamelo. Those guys are not foundational pieces and you dont choose them over a cost controlled fresh rookie. And those guys overlap way too much each other its better to get value rather than losing them for nothing. The idea of trading Lavine for a two way star is ludicrous when his contract is running out and command a max.

I have no idea what LaMelo promises as a foundation piece that Coby and Zach don’t. Anybody with a 180 lb. frame and a terrible jump-shot is a flawed foundation piece. Comparing him to the 230 lb. super athlete Simmons is an insult.

LaVine has 2 years of full $20m bargain salary left. Near expiring DeRozan was traded for Kawhi. Oladipo and Sabonis (who were both run of mill assets before IND, an average starter and 11th pick) were traded for Paul George.

You pair Zach with either Lauri, Wendell, Coby or this year’s FRP (not to mention futures), and Ben Simmons, Embiid and a whole lot of options can open up when the market opens up.

Way better than building around the 2016 Timberwolves plan (Wiggins, Zach on max contracts). Ew.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1502 » by gobullschi » Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
I’d rather take a 5% chance on free agency or Otto’s resurgence than tying down to Wiggins for 3 years. As far as I can tell, GSW is purely managing their trade chips. They can say what they want about Wiggins’ long-term future in GS, but fact is their plan is to boost his stats and sell high, barre the very small chance the culture motivates him into stardom (about as small as our star FA odds).

I don’t want to trade Zach for a rebuild. I’d trade up with him (add picks) for a two-way all-star.

Please name me the top-3 pick who starts on this Bulls team. Would you start Edwards over Zach? LaMelo over Coby? The guy has led his NBL team to the worst record in Australia while shooting putrid percentages. Wendell is coming off a junk season, but he is barely 20 years old and if he finally gets in shape without injury setback, while Wiseman is much more impressive athlete, I don’t think his 19yo self starts over a 3rd year Wendell.

This draft sucks. There are no superstar tier prospects. They’re basically on par with the guys we have.

Unless he goes to GSW, LaMelo is not winning more than 25 games next year as a starter.

Wiggins is not their long term plan. DAR, a far better player was literally dumped for a high pick.
GSW is all about shooting, and borderline star level OPJ provides way more value compared to Wiggins who cannot shoot yet takes those long midrange jumpers. If they dont trade, sure your letting Green and Steph rot and waste the cheap cost controlled talents by not properly contending.

You simply trade one of Lavine and White if you get Lamelo. Those guys are not foundational pieces and you dont choose them over a cost controlled fresh rookie. And those guys overlap way too much each other its better to get value rather than losing them for nothing. The idea of trading Lavine for a two way star is ludicrous when his contract is running out and command a max.

I have no idea what LaMelo promises as a foundation piece that Coby and Zach don’t. Anybody with a 180 lb. frame and a terrible jump-shot is a flawed foundation piece. Comparing him to the 230 lb. super athlete Simmons is an insult.

LaVine has 2 years of full $20m bargain salary left. Near expiring DeRozan was traded for Kawhi. Oladipo and Sabonis (who were both run of mill assets before IND, an average starter and 11th pick) were traded for Paul George.

You pair Zach with either Lauri, Wendell, Coby or this year’s FRP (not to mention futures), and Ben Simmons, Embiid and a whole lot of options can open up when the market opens up.

Way better than building around the 2016 Timberwolves plan (Wiggins, Zach on max contracts). Ew.

I like how LaVine conveniently gets a max contract if he stayed on the Wolves. The Timberwolves would have been better off if they kept their young core together.

I like how Phili is going to gift us one of their two best players. It’s not like we are in their division or anything. :roll:

When we pair LaVine, Lauri, and our 1st round pick for this two way elite player (that doesn’t exist or isn’t available) who are we left with? We’re just in the same place we were before with less talent. Your plan isn’t a plan. It’s a wait and see then play Monday morning QB.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#1503 » by PaKii94 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:17 am

samwana wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Butler was a once in a generation ascent.

Lavine is a good example of how scoring can only go so far when you're mediocre to bad at everything else.

Lavine has value, but he's certainly no star.

So your saying Kevin Dura t doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

All the good teams have 3 stars. Your deflecting blame on LaVine when he doesn’t even have one other star.
Durant was pushing for Blakeney to get signed.. That's all you need to know about Durant's knowledge

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

That's what I was gonna say. Just because you're an NBA star doesn't mean **** to player evaluations. Yeah obviously he'll be better than a random off the street but he really doesn't have more inside knowledge than we do on players.

We also saw another HOFer's evaluations too in Magic
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1504 » by gobullschi » Mon May 25, 2020 4:27 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
samwana wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
So your saying Kevin Dura t doesn’t know what he’s talking about?

All the good teams have 3 stars. Your deflecting blame on LaVine when he doesn’t even have one other star.
Durant was pushing for Blakeney to get signed.. That's all you need to know about Durant's knowledge

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

That's what I was gonna say. Just because you're an NBA star doesn't mean **** to player evaluations. Yeah obviously he'll be better than a random off the street but he really doesn't have more inside knowledge than we do on players.

We also saw another HOFer's evaluations too in Magic

There is a big difference between saying a player should get a contract and saying a player is a future SUPERSTAR.

Also, you can’t compare a player projection for a guy who has been in the league for six years to drafting a 18-20 year old.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#1505 » by 2018C3 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:51 pm

gobullschi wrote: The Timberwolves would have been better off if they kept their young core together.

I think we both would have better if that trade was never made. We hoped to get a star, but ended up loosing one. Hopefully Zack still continues to improve, and we end up wining this one. The timberwolves already lost, but as it turns out we both might have.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,009

Post#1506 » by MrSparkle » Mon May 25, 2020 9:10 pm

2018C3 wrote:
gobullschi wrote: The Timberwolves would have been better off if they kept their young core together.

I think we both would have better if that trade was never made. We hoped to get a star, but ended up loosing one. Hopefully Zack still continues to improve, and we end up wining this one. The timberwolves already lost, but as it turns out we both might have.

My 2c? Timberwolves would've had zero playoff appearances instead of 1.

Dunn
Zach
Wiggins
Lauri
KAT

A team full of career losers, with four guys who couldn't defend a pineapple even with Thibs coaching them.

I was 110% against trading Butler, but we had a crappy, imploding FO to begin with. Even if we kept Jimmy and signed a good second star FA, that Portis/Niko situation and 2013-2016 draft/trade/FA dumpster fire (Payne/McDermott, Snell/MCW, Jerian, Valentine, Wade/Rondo) was spinning nowhere regardless of the trade.

Happy we have a totally new FO.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,548

Post#1507 » by NYG » Tue May 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Rodney Hood, Nassir Little, Jarrett Allen and 20th Overall via three-team trade involving Brooklyn and Portland for Thaddeus Young and 7th Overall?

With Taurean Prince going to Portland?
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1508 » by gobullschi » Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 pm

NYG wrote:Rodney Hood, Nassir Little, Jarrett Allen and 20th Overall via three-team trade involving Brooklyn and Portland for Thaddeus Young and 7th Overall?

No thanks. If the Bulls were going to trade down all the way to 20, they would need a future lottery pick. Nassir Little doesn't have that kind of value and there aren't enough minutes available at center to play Jarrett Allen, Wendell Carter Jr., and Daniel Gafford.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,617

Post#1509 » by sco » Thu May 28, 2020 11:36 am

gobullschi wrote:
NYG wrote:Rodney Hood, Nassir Little, Jarrett Allen and 20th Overall via three-team trade involving Brooklyn and Portland for Thaddeus Young and 7th Overall?

No thanks. If the Bulls were going to trade down all the way to 20, they would need a future lottery pick. Nassir Little doesn't have that kind of value and there aren't enough minutes available at center to play Jarrett Allen, Wendell Carter Jr., and Daniel Gafford.

I'll start by saying that the discernible difference between potential picks at 7 vs. 20 this year, IMO, is low given the lack of a tourney and other key tools. I like all 3 guys in that deal coming back at least as much as Thad. I agree that keeping the trio of C's is unlikely, but WCJ plus the 20th pick might bring back a good player in a follow-on deal.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1510 » by gobullschi » Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm

sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

I'll start by saying that the discernible difference between potential picks at 7 vs. 20 this year, IMO, is low given the lack of a tourney and other key tools. I like all 3 guys in that deal coming back at least as much as Thad. I agree that keeping the trio of C's is unlikely, but WCJ plus the 20th pick might bring back a good player in a follow-on deal.

I disagree. The two biggest problems with this draft is the there is no sure fire star and there are no wings. Of course the year the Bulls need a wing there isn’t one. :banghead:

Next years draft class is stacked at the wing.

The Bulls were devastated by injuries this year. No team is going to make the playoffs when 3 of your starters miss significant time. Interestingly, the season getting cut short before Otto, Wendell, & Lauri returned, ends up giving the Bulls a much higher draft selection then they would have if the season played out. It would be a shame if the front office can’t find a way to take advantage of it.

It’s not that the value received is horrible, but that deal basically splits a valuable asset into 3 smaller (less valuable) assets. Bulls need quality not quantity.
sco
RealGM

Post#1511 » by sco » Thu May 28, 2020 2:50 pm

gobullschi wrote:
sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

I disagree. The two biggest problems with this draft is the there is no sure fire star and there are no wings. Of course the year the Bulls need a wing there isn’t one. :banghead:

The Bulls were devastated by injuries this year. No team is going to make the playoffs when 3 of your starters miss significant time. Interestingly, the season getting cut short before Otto, Wendell, & Lauri returned, ends up giving the Bulls a much higher draft selection then they would have if the season played out. It would be a shame if the front office can’t find a way to take advantage of it.

It’s not that the value received is horrible, but that deal basically splits a valuable asset into 3 smaller (less valuable) assets. Bulls need quality not quantity.

I understand what you're saying, but IMO, Allen is the best piece of that deal and likely a better C than WCJ long-term. Even moreso if WCJ wants to play PF...it's possible those two could learn to play together if they improve their outside shooting - which is entirely possible.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1512 » by gobullschi » Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm

sco wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
sco wrote:I'll start by saying that the discernible difference between potential picks at 7 vs. 20 this year, IMO, is low given the lack of a tourney and other key tools. I like all 3 guys in that deal coming back at least as much as Thad. I agree that keeping the trio of C's is unlikely, but WCJ plus the 20th pick might bring back a good player in a follow-on deal.

I understand what you're saying, but IMO, Allen is the best piece of that deal and likely a better C than WCJ long-term. Even moreso if WCJ wants to play PF...it's possible those two could learn to play together if they improve their outside shooting - which is entirely possible.

Jarret Allen hasn’t developed an outside shot after 3 seasons and is shooting a mere 62% from the stripe. He was also taken out of the starting line up this season.

It’s possible I win the lottery but that doesn’t mean it’s a good investment. Defensive centers are a dime a dozen.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1513 » by gobullschi » Fri May 29, 2020 4:29 am

Incoming Chicago:
Jrue Holiday

Incoming New Orleans:
Thaddeus Young
Tomas Satoransky

Jrue Holiday | Coby White
Zach LaVine | Adam Mokono
Otto Porter Jr. | Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen | Luke Kornet
Wendell Carter Jr. | Daniel Gafford
sco
RealGM

Post#1514 » by sco » Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am

gobullschi wrote:Incoming Chicago:
Jrue Holiday

Incoming New Orleans:
Thaddeus Young
Tomas Satoransky

NO says no. If you add Lauri, maybe.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1515 » by gobullschi » Fri May 29, 2020 2:54 pm

sco wrote:
Jrue Holiday

Incoming New Orleans:
Thaddeus Young
Tomas Satoransky

I expect a similar compensation package for Jrue Holiday that Memphis got for Mike Conley, which was Kyle Korver, Jae Crowder, Grayson Allen, the 23rd pick, and a protected first-round pick in 2020.

Maybe including Chandler Hutchison?

Chandler Hutchison = Grayson Allen
Thaddeus Young + Tomas Satoransky = Kyle Korver + Jae Crowder
#7 = #23 + protected 1st

NO could package the #7 & #13 to move up for Anthony Edwards. They would have a phenomenal young roster.

Lonzo Ball
Anthony Edwards
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Jaxson Hayes

+ NAW & Josh Hart off the bench

I read the two teams that were actively pursuing Holiday was Miami and Denver. Their packages seem much less valuable.

Denver offer: Gary Harris & #23
Miami offer: Kendrick Nunn & future 1st
sco
RealGM

Post#1516 » by sco » Fri May 29, 2020 6:26 pm

gobullschi wrote:
sco wrote:
Jrue Holiday

Incoming New Orleans:
Thaddeus Young
Tomas Satoransky

I expect a similar compensation package for Jrue Holiday that Memphis got for Mike Conley, which was Kyle Korver, Jae Crowder, Grayson Allen, the 23rd pick, and a protected first-round pick in 2020.

Maybe including Chandler Hutchison?

Chandler Hutchison = Grayson Allen
Thaddeus Young + Tomas Satoransky = Kyle Korver + Jae Crowder
#7 = #23 + protected 1st

NO could package the #7 & #13 to move up for Anthony Edwards. They would have a phenomenal young roster.

Lonzo Ball
Anthony Edwards
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Jaxson Hayes

+ NAW & Josh Hart off the bench

I read the two teams that were actively pursuing Holiday was Miami and Denver. Their packages seem much less valuable.

Denver offer: Gary Harris & #23
Miami offer: Kendrick Nunn & future 1st

I think both of those offers are better than Young, Satoransky and #7
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1517 » by Andi Obst » Fri May 29, 2020 6:51 pm

gobullschi wrote:I expect a similar compensation package for Jrue Holiday that Memphis got for Mike Conley

I think that would be a possibility under the same circumstances, but the situations are just completely different. The Grizzlies wanted to rebuild and give Conley the chance to play for a very good team at the same time, which made Utah an obvious fit. New Orleans has absolutely no reason to deal Jrue. They want to make the playoffs (we'll see if that's still possible, but if not they're definitely going for it next season) and Jrue is a very valuable piece for such a young team trying to win. The Pelicans also have enough future picks (and like a million players on rookie contracts). No need for a mid-lottery pick in a weak draft.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#1518 » by PaKii94 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:24 am

Jrue would be great for Lavine/Coby/Lauri to play off of. I'm all for trading for him with draft capital
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1519 » by drosereturn » Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 am

PaKii94 wrote:Jrue would be great for Lavine/Coby/Lauri to play off of. I'm all for trading for him with draft capital

If the Bulls decide to build with Lavine, I am all in on Jrue since he can play some decent pg, putting up 20/7/5 2 yrs in a row.
While not elite, think of him as Brogdon with better handles. As long as Lavine is the 3rd guy touching the ball ala Klay Thompson, its decent.

Also would love to get Lonzo Ball and that would solve every ballhandling problem.
Something like Jrue/Ball for two of White/Lauri/Carter and 2020pick (#7) and 2021 top 10 protected.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
sco
RealGM

Post#1520 » by sco » Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Jrue would be great for Lavine/Coby/Lauri to play off of. I'm all for trading for him with draft capital

If the Bulls decide to build with Lavine, I am all in on Jrue since he can play some decent pg, putting up 20/7/5 2 yrs in a row.
While not elite, think of him as Brogdon with better handles. As long as Lavine is the 3rd guy touching the ball ala Klay Thompson, its decent.

Also would love to get Lonzo Ball and that would solve every ballhandling problem.
Something like Jrue/Ball for two of White/Lauri/Carter and 2020pick (#7) and 2021 top 10 protected.

Sure and Williamson too while you're at it...NO say NO.

Return to Chicago Bulls