Mirotic Shares His Perspective, Confirms He Rejected Jazz's Offer

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Mirotic Shares His Perspective, Confirms He Rejected Jazz's Offer 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon May 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Apparently he was supposed to be the first player the Jazz would sign in free agency. He declined a 3 year deal. He didn't want to be just a pick and pop guy who is expected to stand and shoot open shots and contribute 10 points a game. I do think he'd actually have had a much expanded role on the Jazz and would have enjoyed his time on the court. Not that I regret we didn't get him.

Nikola Mirotic Says He Turned Down Three-Year Offer From Jazz Last Offseason
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258245/Nikola-Mirotic-Says-He-Turned-Down-Three-Year-Offer-From-Jazz-Last-Offseason
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Re: Mirotic Shares His Perspective, Confirms He Rejected Jazz's Offer 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Mon May 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Might have been a blessing in disguise for the Jazz..... If that's all he expected to contribute, good thing he turned us down.......
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#3 » by Catchall » Mon May 25, 2020 10:20 pm

So he was on his way to meet with the Jazz, but decided he didn't want to go back to the NBA. Okay. Bogdanovic has worked out just fine.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:31 am

I wasn't excited about Mirotic, and it seemed like a foregone conclusion during the season that we were going to sign him. Glad it worked out for everyone involved.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#5 » by Denizfeital » Fri May 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Nikola who? We are just fine without him.

I am always suspicious when someone say that he doesn't want to play in the NBA. I mean, you know what is best for you, but sometimes this is just an excuse you give to yourself.

Regards,
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#6 » by KqWIN » Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm

I actually think Mirotic is a much better player than Bojan and would have been a better player for the Jazz. Niko was one of my most underrated players in the NBA. He was always a +/- god.

I think in our system, he could have really seen a big boost in his production, not the other way around like he thought.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#7 » by red4hf » Sat May 30, 2020 11:21 am

KqWIN wrote:I actually think Mirotic is a much better player than Bojan and would have been a better player for the Jazz. Niko was one of my most underrated players in the NBA. He was always a +/- god.

I think in our system, he could have really seen a big boost in his production, not the other way around like he thought.

I think you're absolutely right, Mirotic could have been very good on the Jazz........

But seeing his attitude, I'm glad it didn't work out......
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#8 » by KqWIN » Sat May 30, 2020 3:37 pm

red4hf wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I actually think Mirotic is a much better player than Bojan and would have been a better player for the Jazz. Niko was one of my most underrated players in the NBA. He was always a +/- god.

I think you're absolutely right, Mirotic could have been very good on the Jazz........

But seeing his attitude, I'm glad it didn't work out......

Sure, when a guy gets his face broken and nobody on the team blames the one who did it...there's definitely something off with his attitude. On top of that, the Jazz already have bad issues with guys wanting to do more on offense. So Niko having that attitude might have been even more toxic.

On the other hand...Even though everyone seems to love Bogey, Niko is a different player and would have fit more naturally. He could have upped his role with being the black whole that Bogey is.

The Jazz really needed to hit on the player that replaced Favors. Bogey was about as good as you could have hopped for, but I think there was a great deal of upside and underappreciated ability with Mirotic.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#9 » by MalonesElbows » Fri Jun 5, 2020 6:02 pm

He's just one of those players that yearned for his homeland. We saw it before with Rudy Fernandez who left to go back to Spain.

Return to Utah Jazz