ImageImage

Re: Anfernee Simons trade ideas

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Jamal23
Junior
And1: 18

Post#1 » by Jamal23 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 pm

He is a poor fit and we need to upgrade our small forward and backup point position please post some trade ideas.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Re: Re: Anfernee Simons trade ideas 

Post#2 » by Goldbum » Fri May 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Huh, not sure about the "bad fit" part. I do agree with our need at SF and backup PG.
However we do have and will likely keep Ariza for a year. Little could very well develop, and we still have Hood.
At his salary I'm not sure your going to get a back up PG who's a better player. Playing him more on ball and less off ball with another play maker could cause him to shine. I've advocated for an Aaron Gordon trade for a while but it works better if you move CJ and Start Trent than moving Ant. I'm interested to see what other people suggest here though.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Jamal23
Junior

Post#3 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:47 am

LAL receives Zach LaVine
POR: Kyle Kuzma & Danny Green
CHI receives : Anfernee Simons & Ariza

Why Lakers: They need another scorer on the wing and Zach LaVine can do that.
WHY POR; They need a forward Kuzma fits the bill and Danny green gives a 3 D guy perfect fit
WHY CHI: New regime starting over Anfernee Simons is a very talented player that can score on all three levels hasn't reach his potential yet
Jamal23
Junior

Post#4 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:49 am

ORL receives : Anfernee Simons & Ariza
POR receives : Terrance Ross & James Ennis III
Why ORL: They a young guard that can score all three level Anfernee Simons can do that. Plus is from the area.
WHY POR: T Ross can play the small forward which is what they need. He is also from the area and fits well with Dame and CJ
Jamal23
Junior

Post#5 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:52 am

POR receives Aaron Gordon & & James Ennis III
ORL receives : Anfernee Simons, Ariza & Hood

Why ORL: They a young guard that can score all three level Anfernee Simons can do that. Plus he is from the area.
WHY POR: AG gives them another scorer plus fits well with Dame and CJ because he doesn't need the ball
Jamal23
Junior

Post#6 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:36 am

POR receives Josh Richardson
PHI receives Anfernee Simons & Ariza

WHY PHI : They need a guard who can score all three level Anfernee Simons can do that.
WHY POR: Plays small forward 3 D fits a need for the blazers. Shoots the 3 ball very good too
Jamal23
Junior

Post#7 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 am

POR receives Aaron Gordon & & James Ennis III
ORL receives Landry Shamet, Rodney McGruder, & hood
LAC receives Anfernee Simons & Ariza

WHY POR: AG gives them another scorer plus fits well with Dame and CJ because he doesn't need the ball.
WHY ORL: Landry can shoot thats what they need he also would for nicely next to Markelle Fultz
WHY LAC: Clips need a young point who can get his own shot and still has room to grow. Simons would fit with PG and Kawhi and give them something Pat Beverly can't
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#8 » by Norm2953 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:05 am

In this summer with the salary cap dropping perhaps $30 Million, guys like Simons on their rookie deals
who can play are not getting traded. I'm skeptical any team is going to be willing to take on any major
contracts unless its for the Anthony Davis' of the world who will get paid.
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#9 » by ebott » Sat May 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Does Simons really have that much trade value?
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
Jamal23
Junior

Post#10 » by Jamal23 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Yes and I believe trading him is the other way the blazers can make a major improvement to the time. They have to do something this is Dame time!
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#11 » by PDXKnight » Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 pm

Yeah I’m with ebott, simons doesn’t have this Much value
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#12 » by d-train » Sun May 31, 2020 6:25 am

Norm2953 wrote:In this summer with the salary cap dropping perhaps $30 Million, guys like Simons on their rookie deals
who can play are not getting traded. I'm skeptical any team is going to be willing to take on any major
contracts unless its for the Anthony Davis' of the world who will get paid.

The money will go a lot deeper than Anthony Davis level players. The CBA requires that every team spends money. 50 or so players are going to get top money. AD is top 5, so AD level players and 45 or more others will get top money. Your point is correct, the money after the top players is going to tighten. And, the length of contracts will shorten, they have already been shortening before the China virus.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#13 » by d-train » Sun May 31, 2020 6:27 am

ebott wrote:Does Simons really have that much trade value?

No player has trade value if his team wants to trade him. Simons has value to the Blazers. If he doesn't, he has no value to any team.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#14 » by GEE » Sun May 31, 2020 6:38 pm

I'll just say that I have zero desire to trade Simons. While recognizing that sophomore seasons can be tough for even the best of players, I think he's progressing quite well as our back up PG. Still no telling where this kids' ceiling is. A special talent for sure, but his VALUE is still largely based on his potential IMO.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#15 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun May 31, 2020 7:11 pm

I wasn't going to say anything on the trade board because this is kind of the purpose of that board, but as far as the Blazers are concerned the franchise really likes Simons. So Blazers aren't going to trade him for "fair value", we would only trade him if someone offered exceptional value, the "cant say no" kind of offer. Of course if you talk about those type of offers on the trade board you will frustrate the other fans for giving the Blazers "too good to be true" offers, but otherwise you are forcing a bunch of "fair value" trades that will never happen because we value him above the current "fair value" of the market... if that makes any sense.
Jamal23
Junior

Post#16 » by Jamal23 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 1:30 am

yes it did
Jamal23
Junior

Post#17 » by Jamal23 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 1:33 am

do you have any trade ideas? I want to see what you think his value is
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#18 » by Sinobas » Mon Jun 1, 2020 1:02 pm

d-train wrote:

No player has trade value if his team wants to trade him. Simons has value to the Blazers. If he doesn't, he has no value to any team.

Another illogical d-train post...
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#19 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jun 1, 2020 4:02 pm

Sinobas wrote:
d-train wrote:

Another illogical d-train post...

I take his post to mean if a team markets a player on the trade block his value dwindles significantly?
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Post#20 » by HoopsFanAZ » Mon Jun 1, 2020 9:03 pm

Deleted.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers