ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#661 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 21, 2020 6:04 pm

I don't think not wanting to spend 15 minutes in real-time chopping firewood is something that really "limits the potential of gaming". If anything, figuring out what works and trimming off the fat is how games get better and evolve. Other games like Farming Simulator exist for a reason.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#662 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu May 21, 2020 6:07 pm

RDR was one of my all time favorite games and RDR2 fell flat for many of the reasons already mentioned. Was pretty disappointed with the game and never finished it. It is a beautiful game though, almost thought of getting it for PC just to enjoy the scenery.
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#663 » by crkone » Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't think not wanting to spend 15 minutes in real-time chopping firewood is something that really "limits the potential of gaming". If anything, figuring out what works and trimming off the fat is how games get better and evolve. Other games like Farming Simulator exist for a reason.

Yeah if people don't like that stuff every survival game wouldn't sell.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#664 » by crkone » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Jesus after GTAV was free, CIV VI is free on the Epic Game Store.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#665 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Earlier this week and then especially today with some fortunate drops I've become extremely comfortable in NG+ on Nioh 2 and it makes playing the game so freaking enjoyable. I can go solo most of the missions in the game now, but more importantly I can go on expeditions with other folks and that. is. a. blast. Nioh 2 is my favorite multiplayer game of all-time, even as it's matching isn't ideal.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,639

Post#666 » by machu46 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 pm

I tend to get tired of most RPG games and then come back later on and finish them, but I still view them in my head as some of the favorite games I play. This was true for all of the Arkham games, inFamous Second Son, and now RDR2. I haven't gotten back to RDR2 yet but I'm sure I'll do it at some point. I still think of it as one of my favorite games when I was playing it. I just find RPG games to tire me out a bit and then another game comes along that steals my attention away for awhile.

The only ones that I've been able to really play through without taking a lengthy break were GTA IV, V, and the Uncharted series.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,639

Post#667 » by machu46 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:50 pm

crkone wrote:Jesus after GTAV was free, CIV VI is free on the Epic Game Store.

This has been an excellent start to my PC gaming experience.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#668 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

So I'm finally understanding the fatal flaw of TLOU and Naughty Dog games in general. The combat mechanics are clunky as all hell.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#669 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm

My uncles bought me my first NES when I was a kid (I think in 1986?). We played a lot of Ikari Warriors. I just passed it on to my nieces and nephew by getting them the NES Classic. I'm so excited.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#670 » by tydett » Sat May 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:So I'm finally understanding the fatal flaw of TLOU and Naughty Dog games in general. The combat mechanics are clunky as all hell.

Combat is actually pretty great in Uncharted 2 Crushing, but I agree, the combat in TLOU is really not great.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#671 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Will never understand the appeal of the Naughty Dog games.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#672 » by stellation » Mon May 25, 2020 8:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Will never understand the appeal of the Naughty Dog games.

Unfriend * 10000 YOU **** MONSTER!
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#673 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Ok, I don't know why (I know exactly why - quarantine boredom + gaming ADD), but I picked Cities: Skylines back up again and forced myself through the early slog. I don't like unlimited money in games like this because I burn out super fast and would rather unlock things as I go, but C:S starts slow and frustrating.

But I did indeed fight through the early bit, and I'm having some fun. This is the most I've played in 3-4 years - and I previously only had about 20h total playtime. I also picked-up Parklife which has added a facet I always wished the game had, which is actually building parks instead of placing a 4x4 tile like everything else.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#674 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 25, 2020 5:28 pm

stellation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Will never understand the appeal of the Naughty Dog games.

Unfriend * 10000 YOU **** MONSTER!

I know, between this (which I already knew) and not liking rice, I'm questioning the associations I make on this board :D
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#675 » by jschligs » Mon May 25, 2020 6:36 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Ok, I don't know why (I know exactly why - quarantine boredom + gaming ADD), but I picked Cities: Skylines back up again and forced myself through the early slog. I don't like unlimited money in games like this because I burn out super fast and would rather unlock things as I go, but C:S starts slow and frustrating.

But I did indeed fight through the early bit, and I'm having some fun. This is the most I've played in 3-4 years - and I previously only had about 20h total playtime. I also picked-up Parklife which has added a facet I always wished the game had, which is actually building parks instead of placing a 4x4 tile like everything else.

I have about 80 hours on it, the beginning always sucks, middle part is fun, but then I reach a point where there are literally too many issues to keep up with. The biggest is traffic jams. No matter how many main avenues, highways, bus stations, subways, etc. that I make I cannot alleviate it.

Then add in the random issues like deaths, garbage being too full, etc. and I fizzle out after 8 hours in a city. I'll always go back just to try it again only to experience the same thing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#676 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 am

I got my two nieces and nephew (who's still too young to play) a Nintendo Classic. They freaking love it. Always feels good to pass along the classics to another generation.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#677 » by Sauce Boss » Sat May 30, 2020 7:04 pm

Picked up Deep Rock Galactic for some coop shenanigans, been a lot of fun. Xenoblade Chronicles comes on Tuesday with Amazon delays, which will probably eat up my attention when it arrives.

It feels weird because it’s the time of year when we should be getting the E3 deluge of new game info, but with COVID it feels quiet. We’ll still get news, but I wonder how big of news we’ll get if studios are hit with delays (do you postpone a summer announcement when your fall game is now an early 2021 game?).
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#678 » by WRau1 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:00 am

Had a good time playing Minecraft: Dungeons with my son. Whenever I can get him or my daughter to play RPGs w/me, I consider that a win.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#679 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun May 31, 2020 5:09 am

I've never played Minecraft and thought about getting it the other day. Can it be fun to just play solo?
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM

Post#680 » by crkone » Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:I've never played Minecraft and thought about getting it the other day. Can it be fun to just play solo?

https://www.pointsprizes.com/blog/122/things-to-do-in-minecraft-when-youre-bored

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks