ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1421 » by ILOVEIT » Sat May 30, 2020 8:20 pm

The Maestro wrote:Would you trade Wiggins/Green/2020 pick

For

Simmons/Horford

It's not a HORRIBLE offer....but the argument could be made that Wiggins, Green, Lamelo/Wiseman/Edwards has more value than Simmons and Horford. Simmons' shot is broken....Warriors love their spacing and Draymond is much more likely to bring up his 3 point shooting percentage than Simmons ever even taking one.

Now Embiid...that's a player we'd be exciting about trading for.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1422 » by Mylie10 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:23 am

As time goes by, I'm really starting to believe the Nets are gonna land Beal.

That's gonna be a really tough team if that happens.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#1423 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 1, 2020 2:36 am

Mylie10 wrote:As time goes by, I'm really starting to believe the Nets are gonna land Beal.

I have the Blazers as a dark horse team to land Beal. They have CJ McCollum + all their own draft picks through 2025.

CJ + 2020 pick isn't awful. Wizards would have 2 lottery picks to add to Rui + CJ to instantly take over Beals role. It's the best of both worlds gaining a young assets plus veteran star in return. Yes it's a weaker draft but grabbing a combo of Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, Precious, Bey, Green etc isn't bad imo.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1424 » by Commodor » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:50 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:As time goes by, I'm really starting to believe the Nets are gonna land Beal.

I have the Blazers as a dark horse team to land Beal. They have CJ McCollum + all their own draft picks through 2025.

CJ + 2020 pick isn't awful. Wizards would have 2 lottery picks to add to Rui + CJ to instantly take over Beals role. It's the best of both worlds gaining a young assets plus veteran star in return. Yes it's a weaker draft but grabbing a combo of Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, Precious, Bey, Green etc isn't bad imo.

I don’t see why the Blazers would do this. It’s a lateral move at best.

Beal is just putting up numbers because he’s literally alone. His numbers are the same as CJ when Wall is is on the floor.

Additionally, Beal/Lillard would have a transition time to figure out the pecking order. CJ and Lillard have played together for years, you can’t underestimate that chemistry. Historically, Beal and Wall were known for power struggles, not coexistence.

Personally, I think Portland is primed for a reset. They won’t win the West between the LAs and us resurrecting. They should trade Lillard and CJ for the house.

I think we could be a great facilitator too with our picks. Lillard would fetch an elite star in return, but all our picks + Wiggins + Picks from team 3 could make Portland content.
chef_martin
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1425 » by chef_martin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:34 pm

I wonder if Dallas would be willing to part with Maxi Kleber and Dorian Finney-Smith. They're both relatively older players (28/27), who might age out in 3-4 years when Luka really starts to reach his prime (around 25). Maxi would be a perfect fit next to Dray since he can defend, switch, and shoot 3s, while Dorian would probably be the best defender on the team. I think I'd be willing to give up the 2020 1st for Maxi/Dorian/18th.

Dallas might see this as a way to get a 3rd star in LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards, and then another star (Giannis) in 2021 free agency, which is why they'd be interested. But I still think that it would be a beneficial trade for us right now, since it greatly increases our front-court depth and our chances of winning a championship in the next 3-4 years.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1426 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:18 am

chef_martin wrote:I wonder if Dallas would be willing to part with Maxi Kleber and Dorian Finney-Smith. They're both relatively older players (28/27), who might age out in 3-4 years when Luka really starts to reach his prime (around 25). Maxi would be a perfect fit next to Dray since he can defend, switch, and shoot 3s, while Dorian would probably be the best defender on the team. I think I'd be willing to give up the 2020 1st for Maxi/Dorian/18th.

Dallas might see this as a way to get a 3rd star in LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards, and then another star (Giannis) in 2021 free agency, which is why they'd be interested. But I still think that it would be a beneficial trade for us right now, since it greatly increases our front-court depth and our chances of winning a championship in the next 3-4 years.

Dude, that sucks. When Wiseman and Edwards turn into turn into All Stars and we have that puke package to look back at, the GM is at the job cetre.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#1427 » by NYG » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:00 am

Reggie Bullock, Frank Ntilikina and Wayne Ellington for Top 20 Protected GSW 2021 1st?

All fit into the Iggy TPE without losing your best assets.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#1428 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm

I've been on a couple of other boards, and it seems like we're more likely stuck with the top 3 pick (and Wiggins).

Just looks like we don't have enough assets/value to start a serious dialogue. Wiggins is the draft pick trade killer because of what he is (currently) as a player and his atrocious contract that's scaring others away. Though, I'll give Wiggins the benefit of a doubt since he's been with a losing organization for most of his career, so far. Hopefully he can prove us all wrong.

But, I think in some cases, if there's a team that really is eyeing a certain player in the draft and really want him, we can agree in principle that we'd draft that player for them, and possibly swap their pick (any team drafting between #5 - #10 is ideal), and take on Wiggins, as well (Probably not gonna happen, though).

Draft night has some emotional impulse/attachment for GM/FO, so they can pull the trigger if they really want to facilitate the trade.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#1429 » by The Maestro » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

NYG wrote:Reggie Bullock, Frank Ntilikina and Wayne Ellington for Top 20 Protected GSW 2021 1st?

GTFOH
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1430 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:41 pm

NYG wrote:Reggie Bullock, Frank Ntilikina and Wayne Ellington for Top 20 Protected GSW 2021 1st?

No thanks
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1431 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

No thanks

Agree. Can't say as I want any of them--oh, and they don't all fit in the TE.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1432 » by OptionZero » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Roster spots also become an issue when contemplating bringing in 3 players into the TPE

Any ONE of them might have some use, if nothing else as tradeable salary, but three is excessive.

Bullock has some upside as a 3&D wing but he's had a bunch of health issues. Ellington is old. Ntilikina sucks.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#1433 » by The Maestro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 am

If they get the top pick, what about trading Wiggins to Charlotte for their pick (probably 8-9) and Batum?

Take Haliburton or Okongwu or whomever and then treat Batum (expiring) like a TPE and flip him for someone else?
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#1434 » by KidPistol » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:39 am

Im not too much of an expert of the financial side of
The NBA but if we could find a way to get Ben Simmons in a Warriors uniform, that would be perfect. I know it would be a reach but Ben would probably be cheaper than Giannis I’d assume.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#1435 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm

KidPistol wrote:Im not too much of an expert of the financial side of
The NBA but if we could find a way to get Ben Simmons in a Warriors uniform, that would be perfect. I know it would be a reach but Ben would probably be cheaper than Giannis I’d assume.

There is a pretty straight forward trade to get Simmons on the Warriors.

Draymond, Wiggins
for
Simmons, Horford.

Curry, Klay, SF? (Paschall?), Simmons, Horford.

Warriors get a legit starting center with ability to stretch the floor.
Simmons would be the new Draymond point forward....super talented and his passing would absolutely flourish with Curry and Klay running around.

Philly would love Green next to Embid...doing all the dirty work and Wiggins gives them more range but still slashing game. This resolves the Philly chemistry issues.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#1436 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Draymond, Wiggins
for
Simmons, Horford.

Simmons would be the new Draymond point forward....super talented and his passing would absolutely flourish with Curry and Klay running around.

Philly would love Green next to Embid...doing all the dirty work and Wiggins gives them more range but still slashing game. This resolves the Philly chemistry issues.

At 34 and that contract, I'm unsure about Horford. Limits our spending flex within those years to stay competitive.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1437 » by Coxy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:08 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Draymond, Wiggins
for
Simmons, Horford.

I don't think Philly even pick up the phone on that.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1438 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:38 am

I like this list from a piece I read as targets.

John Collins
Robert Covington
Aaron Gordon
Jrue Holiday
Marcus Smart

I think all of them would be great additions to the Warriors.

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Dray
Chriss

Poole
Bowman
Paschall
Smiley
Lee
Mulder
Looney
Toscano-Anderson

Plus:
one of the above
Top 5 pick
2 2nd round picks
TPMLE
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#1439 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:27 am

Aaron Gordon and the 15 pick for the traded player exception and the possible 1st pick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1440 » by Coxy » Sat Jul 4, 2020 2:45 am

basketballRob wrote:Aaron Gordon and the 15 pick for the traded player exception and the possible 1st pick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Nope.

Counter - Gordon absorbed with our TPE + a 2nd rounder.

Return to Golden State Warriors