Update: First scrimmage July 23rd vs. Dallas

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Re: Update: California could allow sports without fans by first week of June 

Post#101 » by TyCobb » Tue May 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Wonder if LeBron is still China’s number one fan.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#102 » by Slava » Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Chinese buy sneakers too.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Re: Update: Two Lakers players test positive for COVID-19 

Post#103 » by stan francisco » Wed May 20, 2020 5:59 pm

zuju wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Once we have 5 minute affordable tests, available to everyone (August, September?) then restaurants and businesses can open up to customers who swab themselves in the car before parking etc.

Anecdote. A colleague from China said that they found ONE Corona case in his home city of a million. They locked down the whole city.

Here, we don’t even know if half our population already have it. We have only just started finding out how bad it is. We need to test every American so we can mitigate.

Of all people who contracted it, 70-80% got it from within their home. Don’t kiss your dog. It spreads by droplet contact.

In Iceland where they’ve tested all citizens it turned out that 50% of those who contracted it showed no symptoms at all. No symptoms. That’s how it brought the world to its knees.

‘I feel fine‘, is exactly how people are right now putting their loved ones like grandma at risk.

I’ve been in voluntary isolation for over two weeks already. Not sick, just don’t want to unknowingly spread it around should I have it and be asymptomatic.

Stay inside.

Good work, bro

While I am not sure how you got that 70-80% of patients contracted it within their home, I would say stay home is the safest action you can take to protect yourself, your family and/or the others

Sometimes going out and buy some daily commodities or food is inevitable. Wear a mask, sterilize/wash your hand frequently, especially after touching handles, and change & wash your clothes after returning home.

As I have repeatedly urged in this forum, whenever you go out of your home, wear a FACE MASK !! Do not try to sterilize your mask with alcohol or steam it. It will damage the structure of the masks.For instance, steaming a mask will simply destroy the structure of the first 2 layers, the water-proofing nature will be lost and the ability to block virus/bacteria will be vanished.

Stay healthy, Folks.

The situation in the area I live (in Asia) is getting worse recently. Stay Strong together and fight this invisible enemy !

By the way, how are the lakers do? Do the infected recovered ?

According to governor Cuomo, 66% of NYC’s Corona cases were contracted at home. In China, the lockdown was more hard core so it does make sense.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#104 » by stan francisco » Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Time to follow the lead of the Korean soccer team but perhaps ask the film industry to make the dolls, not get them from the Hustler store.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#105 » by Danny Darko » Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 am

Read on Twitter
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#106 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue May 26, 2020 5:56 am

Barkley just slipped and said TNT bosses told him the season will continue
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#107 » by Landsberger » Tue May 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't say I'm a fan of 1-16 seeding. It seems destined to result in a forever * for the winner.
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#108 » by EggIsCooling » Tue May 26, 2020 10:36 pm

At this point, any format will do!!! Let’s get back to business... The eventual Champion can go directly to Disney’s World right after the game.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,830

Post#109 » by Beethoven » Sun May 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Yeah let's get this going and bring the championship and call it a day. Enough w this limbo coronavirus season.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,654

Post#110 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Update: Silver to propose 22-team format to resume season 

Post#111 » by Landsberger » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:45 pm

22? Based on record? By conference? ... or marketability? 22 is an interesting number until you get to the probability that they need a 2/3 vote to lock it in. That's why the top 16 thing may not be going forward.

I can imaging owners of lagging teams will not be happy with this. The towns, arenas and concession workers in those towns won't be either.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#112 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:15 am

22 is a dumb number. The "potential" play in is stupid.

Oh well, it's basketball. Let's go!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#113 » by Slava » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:42 am

It works well for the Lakers, as an older team the initial 8 games would be a solid warm up before playoffs.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 1,850

Post#114 » by Demagoog » Thu Jun 4, 2020 10:37 am

TylersLakers wrote:22 is a dumb number. The "potential" play in is stupid.

Oh well, it's basketball. Let's go!

Lots of people will be introduced to the game after The Last Dance and a chance of just watching some sports. This is an opportunity for the NBA to introduce the future stars, like Zion, to the world. They were never going to pass up on that. I heard on Jalen & Jacoby that the NBA specifically wanted the Pelicans in, just because of Zion.

That said, the Lakers have been a terrific team on the road this year, I'm not sure if a dead environment is in our favour, but, oh well, basketball is back! It's about damn time for banner #17 to come to Los Angeles.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#115 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:46 pm

Landsberger wrote:22? Based on record? By conference? ... or marketability? 22 is an interesting number until you get to the probability that they need a 2/3 vote to lock it in. That's why the top 16 thing may not be going forward.

I can imaging owners of lagging teams will not be happy with this. The towns, arenas and concession workers in those towns won't be either.

Marketability is a non issue since they going to play at Disney world without fans.
The bottom eight are automatically locked in for the draft so they don’t care.
Forum permissions