ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Predicted 8 Game Schedule:

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Orlando Magic Predicted 8 Game Schedule: 

Post#1 » by TheGlyde » Fri Jun 5, 2020 7:54 am

This article takes a calculated guess at a possible schedule for the 8 regular season games to be played at Disney:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/03/nba-playoff-schedule-projecting-for-all-22-returning-nba-teams/

The new structure will reportedly be based on teams’ existing schedules, teams playing their next eight originally scheduled games against the continuing 22 teams.

Prediction:
Pacers (39-26)
Kings (28-36)
Nets (30-34)
Nets (30-35) ;)
Pelicans (28-36)
76ers (39-26)
Raptors (46-18)
Lakers (49-14) or Trail Blazers (29-37)

I would take it, if we get 2/8 of the final games against the Nets, then our fate to avoid the playin and potentially Milwaukee in the first round is 100% in our own hands. Obviously would prefer the Blazers in the 8th game given that our original strength of schedule was quite favourable
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Re: Orlando Magic Predicted 8 Game Schedule: 

Post#2 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Jun 5, 2020 1:23 pm

Would not be happy having to play the Lakers 3 times while the rest of the East only had them for 2. Especially when we were finally in the cupcake part of our schedule.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#3 » by zaymon » Fri Jun 5, 2020 1:38 pm

I would love to crush Pacers. Loses against them hurt me the most this season and Oladipo gives that match another dimension. 76ers are welcome, Raptors and Lakers/Blazers would be brutal.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#4 » by j-ragg » Fri Jun 5, 2020 1:49 pm

Hopefully LA would be in rest mode if it’s the last game of the “season”.

I don’t want the Bucks but another Raps series would be so boring to watch I’d rather just be 8th. Won’t win either but also won’t have to watch Lowry flopping across the court while my bp raises.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#5 » by drsd » Fri Jun 5, 2020 2:08 pm

j-ragg wrote:Hopefully LA would be in rest mode if it’s the last game of the “season”.

I don’t want the Bucks but another Raps series would be so boring to watch I’d rather just be 8th. Won’t win either but also won’t have to watch Lowry flopping across the court while my bp raises.

The Lakers is 5 1/2 games above the Clippers for the overall #1 in the West. The could perhaps lose out these last 8 games and still be the #1 seed. I cannot expect starters to play more than 25 mpg each in any game. In game 8, all players might rest. I guess it depends how rusty the team is in the first 7 games.

drsd
RealGM

Post#6 » by drsd » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:25 am

Well it looks like the Magic will have a very deep bench going for the final eight games. I guess that means Coach Clifford will not need to overwork his starters in grinding out key wins to overtake the Nets.
drsd
RealGM

Post#7 » by drsd » Sun Jun 7, 2020 9:20 am

drsd wrote:Well it looks like the Magic will have a very deep bench going for the final eight games. I guess that means Coach Clifford will not need to overwork his starters in grinding out key wins to overtake the Nets.

Now it is reported that Isaac and Aminu are not expected to suit up. That hurts.
drsd
RealGM

Post#8 » by drsd » Sun Jun 7, 2020 9:30 am

With the stated point that a 8-seed is a play-in ONLY if the 9-seed is within 4 games, Orlando is nearly certain to be in the playoffs.

Washington needs to go 7-1 and the Magic 1-7 for Orlando to be required to play-in. Orlando's magic number is thus three, Orlando wins plus Wizards losses above three and the Magic is in this playoffs without a play-in !

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#9 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:57 pm

We are actually aiming for the 7th seed and hope the Celts overtake the Raps right? So we can take advantage of our scoring option in Vuc.
drsd
RealGM

Post#10 » by drsd » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:05 am

RookieStar wrote:We are actually aiming for the 7th seed and hope the Celts overtake the Raps right? So we can take advantage of our scoring option in Vuc.

Orlando is 0-9 against the Bucks, Raptors and Celts this year. Not sure there is a deserved outcome.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#11 » by Bensational » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:04 am

drsd wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Hopefully LA would be in rest mode if it’s the last game of the “season”.

The Lakers is 5 1/2 games above the Clippers for the overall #1 in the West. The could perhaps lose out these last 8 games and still be the #1 seed. I cannot expect starters to play more than 25 mpg each in any game. In game 8, all players might rest. I guess it depends how rusty the team is in the first 7 games.

It will be interesting to see if teams are more concerned with rest and health, or getting their teams back into playing shape. They're all gonna be pretty rusty still, even 8 games in. Don't want to try jump straight into playoff mode without properly warming up.
drsd
RealGM

Post#12 » by drsd » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Bensational wrote:It will be interesting to see if teams are more concerned with rest and health, or getting their teams back into playing shape. They're all gonna be pretty rusty still, even 8 games in. Don't want to try jump straight into playoff mode without properly warming up.

Sure but the Lakers and Bucks will not play their starters more than 25 mpg, given that both have clinched their conference #1s with another win out two.

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#13 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Its weird but Im not hyped about the season resuming.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#14 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

I miss basketball, so I welcome it back but as far as our prospects go I wouldn't say I'm very hyped either. Outside of the young guys, I was pretty miserable watching this season before the pandemic so the idea of coming back for only 8 games and getting the chance to get swept by the Bucks in 4 doesn't really do much for me.

Milwaukee is a horrendous matchup for us. They completely cancel out our length advantage and are leagues ahead of us at every other facet of the game as well. It's not like we would beat Toronto either but at least we usually play them semi competitively.

With Isaac out and us more than likely locked in at the 8th seed, I would have been content just moving onto next season.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#15 » by zaymon » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Well I think Fultz and Bamba are enough for me to get excited.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan41
Sixth Man
And1: 163

Post#16 » by MagicFan41 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:50 pm

drsd wrote:With the stated point that a 8-seed is a play-in ONLY if the 9-seed is within 4 games, Orlando is nearly certain to be in the playoffs.

Washington needs to go 7-1 and the Magic 1-7 for Orlando to be required to play-in. Orlando's magic number is thus three, Orlando wins plus Wizards losses above three and the Magic is in this playoffs without a play-in !

I could be interpreting the rules incorrectly but I think you are mistaken. I think it means that if Washington finishes 4 games behind us at the end of the 8 games (including where they were prior to the pause in the season - so overall for the whole season), then there would be a play-in for 8th seed. They are starting this 8 game thing 5.5 games behind us so they only have to gain 2 games on us to end up 3.5 games behind us (to activate a play-in). Which means if they go 5-3 and we go 3-5 they would end up 3.5 games behind us and be within the 4 games for the play-in.
MagicFan41
Sixth Man
And1: 163

Post#17 » by MagicFan41 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:58 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:I miss basketball, so I welcome it back but as far as our prospects go I wouldn't say I'm very hyped either. Outside of the young guys, I was pretty miserable watching this season before the pandemic so the idea of coming back for only 8 games and getting the chance to get swept by the Bucks in 4 doesn't really do much for me.

Milwaukee is a horrendous matchup for us. They completely cancel out our length advantage and are leagues ahead of us at every other facet of the game as well. It's not like we would beat Toronto either but at least we usually play them semi competitively.

With Isaac out and us more than likely locked in at the 8th seed, I would have been content just moving onto next season.

Why would we be locked into the 8 seed? If we gain just 1 game on Nets (and we prob play them at least once), we make the 7 seed. Hopefully they give us the much easier schedule since we had the 2nd easiest schedule remaining prior to the stoppage.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#18 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:47 pm

MagicFan41 wrote:Why would we be locked into the 8 seed? If we gain just 1 game on Nets (and we prob play them at least once), we make the 7 seed. Hopefully they give us the much easier schedule since we had the 2nd easiest schedule remaining prior to the stoppage.

We haven't shown the ability to beat good teams this season. The bottom feeders being left at home will hurt us imo. I was counting on the stretch of games against bad teams before the pandemic to try and secure the 7th spot. I'll wait to see our schedule but I'm not confident they will do us any favors.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#19 » by j-ragg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:01 am

7th of 8th doesn’t matter to me, same result. Maybe 1 win if DJ goes ham. If it were possible to get to 6th it’d get interesting but, here we are.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#20 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:06 am

j-ragg wrote:7th of 8th doesn’t matter to me, same result. Maybe 1 win if DJ goes ham. If it were possible to get to 6th it’d get interesting but, here we are.

It should still be interesting to see how our team handles the playoffs. Who can come in and show poise this post season vs the across the board flops last post season - apart from some DJ and AG highlights.

Return to Orlando Magic