ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Injury Info/Updates

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Re: Orlando Magic Injury Info/Updates 

Post#21 » by TheGlyde » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:44 am

DJ is reportedly (Josh Robbins) back to jogging and shooting jumpers.

Hopefully comes back with his eye in from long range, we need the spacing.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#22 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:18 pm

Birch is questionable with back tightness....
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#23 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:24 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Birch is questionable with back tightness....

He needs to sit this next game against the Celtics if the Magic want a chance to win. Wes is so much better than Birch. It's not close. So much better at scoring and spacing.

Wondering how Isaac's been doing and if he's closer to February 27th than March 12th for being re-evaluated.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:33 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:

He needs to sit this next game against the Celtics if the Magic want a chance to win. Wes is so much better than Birch. It's not close. So much better at scoring and spacing.

Wondering how Isaac's been doing and if he's closer to February 27th than March 12th for being re-evaluated.

Isaac won’t be playing this year buddy saw him with a huge brace and crutches the other night. They’re hoping he’s ready for pre season at this point.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:35 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:

I’m looking at him randomly sitting out even though he went through warmups vs Charlotte and the DSJ rumor dropping. Salaries match up and everything. Like always probably looking into it too much.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#26 » by zaymon » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:39 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:

Birch is a better rebounder and screener. I dont think its that one sided. Clifford started with Iwundu but than changed to Birch. He must think rebounding and screening are better for us in some matchups, at least at the beginnings of the game. When Clifford had set rotation he was predictable and hard headed, when he is creative and changes rotations according to opponent he is dumb.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#27 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:53 pm

zaymon wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

Birch is a better rebounder and screener. I dont think its that one sided. Clifford started with Iwundu but than changed to Birch. He must think rebounding and screening are better for us in some matchups, at least at the beginnings of the game. When Clifford had set rotation he was predictable and hard headed, when he is creative and changes rotations according to opponent he is dumb.

I like Coach Cliff and never said he was dumb. But I disagree completely with starting Birch over more floor spacing. It's nice that he can rebound and set screens. But for who? We don't have many shooters nor scorers for him to set screens for. Especially since they can double the ball handler without worrying about Birch at all. Also, it's great he gets rebounds, but we still lack the offense to do something with the rebounds he gets.

All we need for now until we either trade for players, or get healthy, is for someone to space the floor and make the occassional cuts. Iwundu can do both. Birch can't do either. There's no space for Fultz, Evan, or AG to drive with Birch in there. Also no room for Vuc to post up because Birch's guy comes over immediately to double without fear.

This is the only post I'll talk about this in this thread because that's not what this thread is about.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#28 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:56 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

Isaac won’t be playing this year buddy saw him with a huge brace and crutches the other night. They’re hoping he’s ready for pre season at this point.

While that's certainly very possible, I'm hoping he'll be ready to go in 3 weeks or so. If he's not 100% then don't play him at all this year since we won't be doing anything anyway. But if he's 100% ready to go, then I hope we put him on the floor.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:02 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:He needs to sit this next game against the Celtics if the Magic want a chance to win. Wes is so much better than Birch. It's not close. So much better at scoring and spacing.

While that's certainly very possible, I'm hoping he'll be ready to go in 3 weeks or so. If he's not 100% then don't play him at all this year since we won't be doing anything anyway. But if he's 100% ready to go, then I hope we put him on the floor.

Dude would be getting in non contact work if he was going to be ready in 3 weeks... wouldn't hold out hope based on what we're seeing/hearing.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by TheGlyde » Wed Feb 5, 2020 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Orlando Magic Historian

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#31 » by drsd » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:36 pm

TheGlyde wrote:DJ is reportedly (Josh Robbins) back to jogging and shooting jumpers.

Hopefully comes back with his eye in from long range, we need the spacing.

A recent tweet says two weeks after the ASW. So: maybe early March.

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by TheGlyde » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:53 pm

https://www.nba.com/magic/bamba-making-strides-his-second-nba-season-20200205

DJ Augustin wrote:``My knee is feeling great,’’ he said prior to Wednesday’s game. ``I think I have another week or two to go before I can really test it out. After All-Star break, I’ll be able to practice with the team and hopefully play in that first game after the break.’’
Orlando Magic Historian

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by TheGlyde » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 am

:(

https://od-cmg.streamguys1.com/orlando/orl580/20200208115352-JeffWeltman2-7.mp3?awCollectionId=orl580-02&awGenre=sports&awEpisodeId=20200208115352-JeffWeltman2-7 (11:30 mark)

Weltman wrote:I never want to say 1000%... We are not expecting him back, put it that way, and if we are pleasantly surprised so be it... We don't ever want to rush our guys back or put them in a position to get reinjured, god forbid, so we're taking a very cautious approach as we always do.
Orlando Magic Historian

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TheGlyde » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:02 pm

Orlando Magic Historian

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#35 » by Def Swami » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Read on Twitter
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by TheGlyde » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:13 am

https://www.nba.com/magic/isaac-participates-light-shooting-drills-happy-be-team-20200224

``I want to be back right now,’’ he added. ``The goal is that I want to be back right now, so that keeps me pushing and taking care of it day by day. … I’m not completely sure (about playing again this season). I just want to continue to be wise, listen to the coaching staff and what management is thinking and then move accordingly.’’
Orlando Magic Historian

drsd
RealGM

Post#37 » by drsd » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:21 am

Evan Fournier expected to be fully recovered when NBA resumes

Link
drsd
RealGM

Post#38 » by drsd » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:22 am

Looks like Irving and Durant will not play in the final 8 Nets games.

Link
drsd
RealGM

Post#39 » by drsd » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:23 am

... both Al-Farouq Aminu and Jonathan Isaac could see a return to play from their knee injuries ...

[url=https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2020/06/05/eyes-turn-to-jonathan-isaac-as-the-orlando-magics-season-prepares-to-resume/}OMD link[/url]
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by TheGlyde » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:30 am

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2020/05/21/chuma-okeke-shooting-jumpers-orlando-magics-hiatus/

“Before the lockdown, I was shooting in the gym and I felt pretty good shooting, getting off the floor,” Okeke said. “I was going through drills somewhat full speed. It felt good. I don’t know what percent I’m at right now because it’s been a while since I’ve even shot a ball. I’ve just been working out and conditioning.”
Orlando Magic Historian

Return to Orlando Magic