ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#81 » by Ell Curry » Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 pm

I was reading a Warriors trade their 1st this year thread and looking at it, there are very few guys who make as much as sense for the pick as OG Anunoby. He's cheap, made the leap defensively this year to where the Warriors could credibly see him as the #1 guy to throw at LeBron and Doncic and Harden and he's big enough to play the 4 is Wiggins works out.

Basically Green-Anunoby-Klay-Curry would allow them to play literally any good player from a floorbound 5 to a tiny pure point and still have a very good starting 5.

If Ujiri thinks there is a star at the Warriors pick, someone he's in love with, it makes some sense. Unsure what else would be in a deal. The Warriors would be dumb not to ask for TD. Powell also makes sense as part of a deal but can't see giving up 2 of those guys for the pick. Though again, if Masai thinks some guy is a goddamn star anything is possible. Finding one of those to pair with Siakam is still presumably his #1 goal.
Where's the D?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#82 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 am

Ell Curry wrote:I was reading a Warriors trade their 1st this year thread and looking at it, there are very few guys who make as much as sense for the pick as OG Anunoby. He's cheap, made the leap defensively this year to where the Warriors could credibly see him as the #1 guy to throw at LeBron and Doncic and Harden and he's big enough to play the 4 is Wiggins works out.

Basically Green-Anunoby-Klay-Curry would allow them to play literally any good player from a floorbound 5 to a tiny pure point and still have a very good starting 5.

If Ujiri thinks there is a star at the Warriors pick, someone he's in love with, it makes some sense. Unsure what else would be in a deal. The Warriors would be dumb not to ask for TD. Powell also makes sense as part of a deal but can't see giving up 2 of those guys for the pick. Though again, if Masai thinks some guy is a goddamn star anything is possible. Finding one of those to pair with Siakam is still presumably his #1 goal.

we'd probably have to give up OG and Terrence Davis for their #1.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#83 » by Psubs » Sat May 30, 2020 5:07 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:I was reading a Warriors trade their 1st this year thread and looking at it, there are very few guys who make as much as sense for the pick as OG Anunoby. He's cheap, made the leap defensively this year to where the Warriors could credibly see him as the #1 guy to throw at LeBron and Doncic and Harden and he's big enough to play the 4 is Wiggins works out.

we'd probably have to give up OG and Terrence Davis for their #1.

2 in the hand is worth 1 in the bush. There is no Zion. What if Wiseman turns out like Ayton? I mean he's good and all but is he worth someone that can guard 1-4 and hit 3's at almost 40% plus Terence Davis?!?!?! Would I trade Terence Davis for Marvin Bagley? Maybe not. :D

Players I would trade OG for.

2019 Zion
2018 Doncic
2017 Tatum (maybe)

This is after knowing how they are after their 1st year.

Edwards could be Tyreke Evans. Obi could be Amare. Wiseman could be Ayton. Lamelo could be Lonzo. Avdija could be Doncic (likely not). Still would rather keep OG.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#84 » by Psubs » Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 am

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nancela02.html

The Cavs are a mess. Zizic is a FA, they could use a later pick to draft a backup C. What about poaching Larry Nance Jr (bigger RHJ with a jumper)? He's developed a workable 3pt shot.

McCaw, Stanley and #28 for Larry Nance Jr and swap 2021 2nd round picks.

PG Lowry - FVV - TD
SG FVV - Powell - TD/Thomas
SF OG - Powell - Watson
PF Siaka - Nance - OG
C Gasol/Ibaka - Boucher
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#85 » by Raptors_128 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:22 pm

McCaw + Johnson + 2021 2nd for Wright (there were rumours that the Mavs might try to salary dump Wright so they can sign Hardaway to a long term deal - McCaw is an expiring and a bootleg Wright)

Wright + Powell + Thomas + Hernandez for Gordon + Birch (if the Magic believe the Norm we saw towards the end of the season who averaged about 20 ppg on great efficiency with good defense is the new Norm then, moving from a position of strength (PF) to a position of weakness (PG/SG if Fournier walks) might make sense for them. Add in an elite shooter in Thomas on a team that lacks spacing + a young big and the Magic might bite. Orlando also had prior interest in Wright during the 2019 trade deadline if I remember correctly there was a deal between the Raps and Magic in place before we pulled the trigger on Gasol)

Gordon + 28th + 2021 Raps 1st for Johnson + Minny top-5 pick (Minny finally gets their PF to pair with KAT while also picking up 2-1st round picks they can use on players to surround their core. A core of KAT + Russell + Gordon is pretty nice)
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,355

Post#86 » by Saul Goodman » Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 pm

If Ibaka is dead set on a long term final cash in deal in free agency (he would be wise too) we should sign and trade him to get some value. He would be perfect for the Warriors.

Ibaka. 4 years 50 mill

for

Looney
Poole
Smailgiac
Bender
2021 lotto protected 1st

Resign Gasol to a 1 year 20 mill deal.

Resign RHJ to a 1 year 11 mill deal

resign FVV to a 4 year 80 mill

Lowry/Davis
Vanvleet/Powell/Poole
OG/RHJ/Bender
Siakam/Boucher/2020 1st
Gasol/Looney

Still deep as hell, financially flexible with a decent crop of interesting 905 guys to have a look at
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#87 » by OGLife » Sun May 31, 2020 9:20 am

Saul Goodman wrote:If Ibaka is dead set on a long term final cash in deal in free agency (he would be wise too) we should sign and trade him to get some value. He would be perfect for the Warriors.

Ibaka. 4 years 50 mill

for

Looney
Poole
Smailgiac
Bender
2021 lotto protected 1st

Resign Gasol to a 1 year 20 mill deal.

Resign RHJ to a 1 year 11 mill deal

resign FVV to a 4 year 80 mill

Lowry/Davis
Vanvleet/Powell/Poole
OG/RHJ/Bender
Siakam/Boucher/2020 1st
Gasol/Looney

Still deep as hell, financially flexible with a decent crop of interesting 905 guys to have a look at

Id rather give Ibaka 2 year deal and keep him over that trade.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#88 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:

McCaw + Johnson + 2021 2nd for Wright (there were rumours that the Mavs might try to salary dump Wright so they can sign Hardaway to a long term deal - McCaw is an expiring and a bootleg Wright)

Wright + Powell + Thomas + Hernandez for Gordon + Birch (if the Magic believe the Norm we saw towards the end of the season who averaged about 20 ppg on great efficiency with good defense is the new Norm then, moving from a position of strength (PF) to a position of weakness (PG/SG if Fournier walks) might make sense for them. Add in an elite shooter in Thomas on a team that lacks spacing + a young big and the Magic might bite. Orlando also had prior interest in Wright during the 2019 trade deadline if I remember correctly there was a deal between the Raps and Magic in place before we pulled the trigger on Gasol)

Gordon + 28th + 2021 Raps 1st for Johnson + Minny top-5 pick (Minny finally gets their PF to pair with KAT while also picking up 2-1st round picks they can use on players to surround their core. A core of KAT + Russell + Gordon is pretty nice)

so really McCaw, Johnson, 2021 2nd round + Powell + Thomas + Hernandez + 28th + 2021 Rap 1st for

Birch + Johnson + Top 5 pick?

lmao. wtf is that.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#89 » by Raptors_128 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:

so really McCaw, Johnson, 2021 2nd round + Powell + Thomas + Hernandez + 28th + 2021 Rap 1st for

Birch + Johnson + Top 5 pick?

lmao. wtf is that.

You have to look at each trade individually and only the Orlando trade seems like a stretch imo. The justification for each trade is there, it doesn't seem that unrealistic to me but obviously, we all think differently.

For Dallas its essentially a salary dump.

There are reports that Minnesota has inquired about Gordon and most of the trades I've seen around are Gordon + 15th for top-5 pick. I think Gordon + 28th + 2021 1st is fair.

The deal for Gordon from the Magic only happens if they are high on Norm. If you take away the last game he played before getting injured (only played 1:35) he's averaging 17/2/4 on 50/40/84 shooting in 29.5 minutes per game with good defense (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/powelno01/gamelog/2020/#256-298-sum:pgl_basic) whereas Gordon is putting up 14/8/4 on 43/30/68 shooting in 33 minutes per game with good defense. If you give Norm more minutes and a starting role with more usage, I don't see why he can't put up an efficient 20-22 ppg (which is what he was putting up in the second half of the season). We can't keep both Fred and Norm on contracts worth $15-20+ million which is why Norm is in the trade or else I would suggest we keep him as our starting SG and forgot moving up to grab a top-5 pick.

If Norm isn't enough, you can throw in TD if there is someone you really want in the top 5.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#90 » by Psubs » Sat Jun 6, 2020 3:45 am

What about Henry Ellenson from the 905? He's doing better than Dewan.

Only 23 and the saying is that it takes big men longer to develop.
BallstriKer
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#91 » by BallstriKer » Sat Jun 6, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm coming around to the idea of trying to re-sign Poeltl in free agency and get Gasol to mentor him.

Poeltl is a typical case of slower development for a big man, but he's good got defensive instincts and a good basketball IQ, in addition to some sweet post moves.

The one big thing is we need to get him to start shooting the 3 ball. He's got a nice shooting stroke and I think he can be a good floor spacer. I'm not sure why this part of his game has not been developed more by the teams he was on (including us), but there's potential there. Interestingly, Gasol also only started taking 3s a few years after entering the league.

Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,355

Post#92 » by Saul Goodman » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:03 am

I wonder if the Kings are actually seriously considering moving Marvin Bagley. He would be the PERFECT long term fit next to Pascal.
What would be the best offer? Powell?

Lowry/VV/OG/Pascal/Bagley

I can dig it Bagley is cost controlled through 2021 so he can fit in with the giannis dream.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Psubs
RealGM

Post#93 » by Psubs » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:37 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I wonder if the Kings are actually seriously considering moving Marvin Bagley. He would be the PERFECT long term fit next to Pascal.
What would be the best offer? Powell?

Lowry/VV/OG/Pascal/Bagley

I can dig it Bagley is cost controlled through 2021 so he can fit in with the giannis dream.

I think they are more apt to move Hield and re-sign Bogdanovic. Giles and Len are FA's and Holmes has 1 year left, so they are keeping Bagley.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#94 » by Psubs » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:52 am

How is Anthony Edwards the #1 pick?

I guess he is still 18 until August. I saw a better comparison as Tyreke Evans.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#95 » by nabbs » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:22 am

Psubs wrote:How is Anthony Edwards the #1 pick?

I guess he is still 18 until August. I saw a better comparison as Tyreke Evans.

I saw bigger dipo. He is really intriguing and the perfect 2 guard archetype. Not sure how this draft gonna play out

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Psubs
RealGM

Post#96 » by Psubs » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:48 am

Is there any hope that Stanley Johnson has dropped weight like Gasol and put up 10,000 shots since the shutdown?
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#97 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:35 am

BallstriKer wrote:I'm coming around to the idea of trying to re-sign Poeltl in free agency and get Gasol to mentor him.

Poeltl is a typical case of slower development for a big man, but he's good got defensive instincts and a good basketball IQ, in addition to some sweet post moves.

The one big thing is we need to get him to start shooting the 3 ball. He's got a nice shooting stroke and I think he can be a good floor spacer. I'm not sure why this part of his game has not been developed more by the teams he was on (including us), but there's potential there. Interestingly, Gasol also only started taking 3s a few years after entering the league.

Why don't the Spurs resign him? What other centers do they have?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#98 » by Psubs » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:26 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-warriors-should-pursue-marc-gasol-beginning-nba-free-agency

I think we can retain Marc for slightly over the MLE. What about $12-10-12-8 million. Would Ibaka come back for $18 million per season? 4 years with 4th year player option?
BallstriKer
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#99 » by BallstriKer » Mon Jun 8, 2020 4:15 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
BallstriKer wrote:I'm coming around to the idea of trying to re-sign Poeltl in free agency and get Gasol to mentor him.

Why don't the Spurs resign him? What other centers do they have?
True, they don't have many centers to build around for the future on their roster. We might need to overpay slightly for the Spurs not to match. But, if DeMar picks up his player option, which he most likely will, the Spurs will be over the cap. They might be forced to chose between re-signing Forbes or Poeltl. Given that Forbes is a starter and Poeltl is not, there's a chance they might not want to match a slight overpay for Poeltl.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#100 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 5:17 pm

Psubs wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-warriors-should-pursue-marc-gasol-beginning-nba-free-agency

I think we can retain Marc for slightly over the MLE. What about $12-10-12-8 million. Would Ibaka come back for $18 million per season? 4 years with 4th year player option?

Yeah I think Marc for the MLE is good.

Ibaka should be traded though. I'd say he's a top 5 or so C in the NBA and will be looking for his last big deal that we definitely should not signing him to unless its for the purposes of trading.

I've always thought an Ibaka/Hayward swap would be really good for both teams, unlikely as that might be.

Something with him going to Portland could be interesting as well but it would be hard to match salaries and get good value.

Getting Myles Turner in return would be amazing but it would require a 3 team deal as Indiana has committed to Sabonis.

Those are the only teams I can think of that have a need and could give reasonable value.

Return to Toronto Raptors