Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1521 » by Ayman78 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:13 am

I have a trade idea I wanted to share. This trade hinges on the Bulls getting lucky in the lottery. Bulls trade Otto Porter Jr., the number 1 overall pick in this year's draft, 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2022, another 1st round pick in 2023 lastly Denzel Valentine for Ben Simmons and filler.

76ers starting lineup:
PG: LaMelo Ball *
SG: Josh Richardson 
SF: Otto Porter Jr. *
PF: Tobias Harris 
C: Joel Embiid 

Bulls Starting lineup:
PG: Coby White 
SG: Zach Lavine 
SF: Ben Simmons 
PF: Lauri Markkanen 
C: Wendell Carter Jr. 

What are your thoughts.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1522 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 31, 2020 5:46 am

Ayman78 wrote:I have a trade idea I wanted to share. This trade hinges on the Bulls getting lucky in the lottery. Bulls trade Otto Porter Jr., the number 1 overall pick in this year's draft, 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2022, another 1st round pick in 2023 lastly Denzel Valentine for Ben Simmons and filler.

76ers starting lineup:

Bulls Starting lineup:

What are your thoughts.

Ya know... I think PHI says no. I don't think Embiid would be excited about playing with 19yo LaMelo. He's a competitor, and he wants to win right now.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#1523 » by JRoy » Sun May 31, 2020 6:41 am

Ayman78 wrote:I have a trade idea I wanted to share. This trade hinges on the Bulls getting lucky in the lottery. Bulls trade Otto Porter Jr., the number 1 overall pick in this year's draft, 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2022, another 1st round pick in 2023 lastly Denzel Valentine for Ben Simmons and filler.

76ers starting lineup:

Bulls Starting lineup:

What are your thoughts.

CHI doesn’t have the assets to get a real star, need to draft well and not overpay roleplayers.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1524 » by drosereturn » Sun May 31, 2020 7:07 am

76ers starting lineup:

Bulls Starting lineup:

What are your thoughts.

0% chance they get number 1. It would have to be Porter, 3 unprotected including this yr and Carter, Lauri, White.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1525 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 am

:noway: what?? Lauri, Porter, Carter, White and 3picks for Simmons?!? What? He aint freaking mvp of the league lol
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#1526 » by Dez » Sun May 31, 2020 8:10 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote::noway: what?? Lauri, Porter, Carter, White and 3picks for Simmons?!? What? He aint freaking mvp of the league lol

Logic and reason aren't a strong suit there.

Especially given that we currently have a 7.5% chance of pick 1 and a 32% chance of top 4.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Post#1527 » by sco » Sun May 31, 2020 1:22 pm

IMO Otto, Lauri, Sato and our 1st for Simmons is fair.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1528 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:33 pm

I’m rooting for Lauri, but the more I think about his fit and extension... :-?

How about Lauri, Thad for Mikal, Cam Johnson, TPE

Then we sign Saric to an 8m RFA offer since PHX will be two PFs deep.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,180

Post#1529 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:45 pm

Gafford + #7 + Otto for Jaylen Brown + filler?
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Post#1530 » by Kazuya10 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:05 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:Gafford + #7 + Otto for Jaylen Brown + filler?
Boston would never do this

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#1531 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:12 am

Kazuya10 wrote:

What if you took out Gafford and substituted either Lauri or WCJ instead?
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Post#1532 » by Kazuya10 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:42 am

That would be more realistic IMO

Or your current trade with the additional

1) Lotto protected in 21
2) Pick swap in 22 which would be a tough pill to swollow.
3) In the unlikely event we have a better record then Boston unprotected in 23

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1533 » by gobullschi » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:11 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Kazuya10 wrote:

Why does Boston want to move Brown? If they move him it will be for a proven all star.
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#1534 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:49 am

gobullschi wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Kazuya10 wrote:Boston would never do this

Why does Boston want to move Brown? If they move him it will be for a proven all star.

I don't know that they would be of course. Just speculation on my end. But with Tatum due the MAX, salary structure could become a decision for the Celtics. Perhaps they'd like to diversify their talent while freeing up some money. I'd like the Bulls to pursue Brown if that were the case.

Brown/filler

for

WCJ/Otto/#7
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1535 » by Ayman78 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 1:24 pm

This is a bit of a crossover, but how about the Bulls trading down in the draft and adding a Thad Young for an unprotected pick next year and an additional second round pick. The key target player here would be Jaden Mcdaniels and accumulation of assets to potentially open up two max slots for next offseason.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1536 » by gobullschi » Sun Jun 7, 2020 6:18 pm

Ayman78 wrote:This is a bit of a crossover, but how about the Bulls trading down in the draft and adding a Thad Young for an unprotected pick next year and an additional second round pick. The key target player here would be Jaden Mcdaniels and accumulation of assets to potentially open up two max slots for next offseason.

I’m becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Jaden McDaniels just because of the upside that he brings. The Bulls are desperate for a player that has a high ceiling and this draft class doesn’t have many of them. He reminds me of a more offense oriented Jonathan Issac, but he could take a while to develop into a rotational piece. It would be a risky move for a first time general manager to start their career taking a guy who might not have an impact until year 3 or 4.

I’m in favor of any of the three options:

1. Trade up for LaMelo Ball
He has a special way of moving with the basketball in his hands that you typically see with the elite players in the NBA. If AK has some good intel from his sources overseas about his work ethic and mentality, Id be all for an aggressive move up in the draft.

2. Trade down with NO and add Jrue Holiday and #13 (Jayden McDaniels)
Garpax had the right idea to add some solid veterans around their young guys, the problem is, neither were good enough to be starters. Holiday gives the Bulls that veteran that plays both ways, run the offense, and be a well respected leader that this team needs. It’s a jumpstart this team needs to make a playoff push. Jayden then gives you a high upside development guy.

3. Trade down in the 1st for Jayden McDaniels and a future 1st.
This approach really only works if someone falls in love with someone where we are selecting because I don’t see many teams giving away a future pick without heavy protections. Chances are the Bulls won’t lose three starters again next year, so it seems like an underwhelming way of using a top 7 pick. The draft class does look enticing, so depending on the deal it’s an option.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1537 » by Onibuh » Mon Jun 8, 2020 7:00 am

gobullschi wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:This is a bit of a crossover, but how about the Bulls trading down in the draft and adding a Thad Young for an unprotected pick next year and an additional second round pick. The key target player here would be Jaden Mcdaniels and accumulation of assets to potentially open up two max slots for next offseason.

I’m becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Jaden McDaniels just because of the upside that he brings. The Bulls are desperate for a player that has a high ceiling and this draft class doesn’t have many of them. He reminds me of a more offense oriented Jonathan Issac, but he could take a while to develop into a rotational piece. It would be a risky move for a first time general manager to start their career taking a guy who might not have an impact until year 3 or 4.

He has a special way of moving with the basketball in his hands that you typically see with the elite players in the NBA. If AK has some good intel from his sources overseas about his work ethic and mentality, Id be all for an aggressive move up in the draft.

Garpax had the right idea to add some solid veterans around their young guys, the problem is, neither were good enough to be starters. Holiday gives the Bulls that veteran that plays both ways, run the offense, and be a well respected leader that this team needs. It’s a jumpstart this team needs to make a playoff push. Jayden then gives you a high upside development guy.

This approach really only works if someone falls in love with someone where we are selecting because I don’t see many teams giving away a future pick without heavy protections. Chances are the Bulls won’t lose three starters again next year, so it seems like an underwhelming way of using a top 7 pick. The draft class does look enticing, so depending on the deal it’s an option.

If Bulls think Holiday and #13 are better than #6/7/8, why should NO think different?
If Bulls don't think any prospect is worth this pick, why would another Team want to trade up?
If Bulls think McDaniels is BPA they have to pick him and don't Risk losing him with a trade down.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#1538 » by Dez » Mon Jun 8, 2020 9:12 am

Onibuh wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

If Bulls think Holiday and #13 are better than #6/7/8, why should NO think different?
If Bulls don't think any prospect is worth this pick, why would another Team want to trade up?
If Bulls think McDaniels is BPA they have to pick him and don't Risk losing him with a trade down.

Teams value and rate players differently......
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1539 » by gobullschi » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:31 pm

Onibuh wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

It wouldn’t be a simple Holiday/#13 for #7 swap because the Bulls would need to include more in the deal (i.e. protected 1st in 2021) Pelicans already have Lonzo Ball at PG and Holiday expires in 2022. If Lonzo is there long term answer at PG, Pelicans may look to move him now before his value disappears. Plenty of rumors last year.

It’s not a question about whether the Bulls don’t think a prospect is worth this pick, it’s about adding an established veteran to run the offense and moving out of a draft position that is filled with guards (position Bulls are set at).

McDaniels isn’t currently ranked that high (things could change tho).
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1540 » by Onibuh » Tue Jun 9, 2020 7:31 am

There is a reason why there aren't many trades to trade down. If trades happen, it's a trade up to secure a Player and most of the time it's a good offer for the team with the higher pick.

If NO makes the offer, you take it. If you offer it NO, they won't say yes unless there is a Player worth of the selection and if NO sees it, Bulls see it too.

Return to Chicago Bulls