ImageImageImage

Denver will draft/trade for Leandro Bolmaro

Moderator: THE J0KER

Can Leandro Bolmaro be our Manu Ginobili off the bench?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:53 pm

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Nikola Jokic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Denver will draft/trade for Leandro Bolmaro 

Post#1 » by Nikola Jokic » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:53 pm

Mods (THE J0KER, NuggetsWY) please do not lock/delete this thread.

I have a friend in the Nuggets FO who said Jokic, Malone and Tim Connelly (TC) have been monitoring Leandro Bolmaro for the past few years. If Bolmaro is available when Denver picks in the 1st round, we will draft him 100%. If we think he will be drafted before us, we will trade up to get him.

TC believes he could be a Manu Ginobili for us off the bench for a possible championship dynasty. A la the championship Spurs teams from 2002 to 2014.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/leandro-bolmaro/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Bolmaro

http://www.tankathon.com/players/leandro-bolmaro

Nikola Jokic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Denver will draft/trade for Leandro Bolmaro 

Post#2 » by Nikola Jokic » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:55 pm

My friend told me a few days before the trade deadline that Juancho was going to be traded to Minnesota. And we would use the 1st round pick from the trade on Bolmaro.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:29 pm

Who's your friend ?? This thread was already tried ( I'd bet it was you, now under a new acct). I'll bet he isn't drafted, he's not a 1st rounder from what I've seen. This seems like your own vendetta, and that's OK you like this player, but...old hat already.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 9, 2020 1:25 pm

Nikola Jokic wrote:Mods (THE J0KER, NuggetsWY) please do not lock/delete this thread. I have a friend in the Nuggets FO...

:lol: New to RealGM? It was nice of you to suggest we do not lock/delete your thread - it caught my attention and I almost locked it immediately. You are lucky we try to be somewhat tolerant here.

Saying "I have a friend in the Nuggets FO" is definitely something many laugh at. If that were true, then you should have proven that in that past. Showing up as a new RealGM poster and claiming to have a friend in the FO is probably not going to be believed by anyone.

"My friend told me a few days before the trade deadline that Juancho was going to be traded to Minnesota. And we would use the 1st round pick from the trade on Bolmaro." Las Vegas takes odds on everything and if you had that sort of inside knowledge on the Minnesota trade, you should have made a bet. Your credibility is becoming weaker as I read along.

Shooting less than 30% from 3?
Shooting less than 70% from FT?
Shooting only 42% for FG?
He seems to commit a lot of fouls without providing solid defense. His handles seem weak. Comparing him to Ginobili seems a very big reach.

I would be shocked if Denver drafted him with a 1st round pick. I'm not sure I've even seen his name mentioned in any team's 2nd round options. It seems like he might be undrafted.

Why would the Nuggets draft him? Where would he play? Is he a shooting guard? Is he a small forward? Consider who he'd be behind, just the players that can clearly play each position already, only those still on the roster at this point.

SG - Harris, Barton, Murray, Morris, Dozier (all seem better fits)
SF - Barton, Porter, Craig, Bates-Diop - probably Grant too

I do hope you will stick around after the draft, even if you are proven wrong. I've been proven wrong more than once, but until people get to know you, you might want to slow down on making extreme claims. Just an advice from an old-timer, for what it's worth.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#5 » by psimanic1 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 7:48 pm

According to nbadraft he goes with 36 to PHI, and our pick could be a reach for him, but buying 2nd rounder maybe?
aleksandarser
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by aleksandarser » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Thin Joker
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:13 am

aleksandarser wrote:Thin Joker

We already have a Jokic thread - this post should be there - not hijacking another thread.
Hindu Man
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#8 » by Hindu Man » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi fellow Nuggets fans

Sorry for my bad English. I live in Madrid, Spain. I follwed Nuggets because of Juan Hernangómez before he was traded.

I follow ACB (Spain basketball league) can confirm what OP said that Leandro Bolmaro is a talent. Based on watching him play in person and on TV.... he is more of a 6'7"-6'8" mix of Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernández (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Fernández_(basketball) with the Argentinian fearlessness and flair of Manu Ginóbili

Bolmaro is Argentine-Italian that is why he is compared to Ginóbili and the great Lionel Messi

At moment shooting is Bolmaro's biggest weak point but that can be improved as he is only 19 years old

His ceiling is Manu Ginóbili and at very bottom (worse scenario) I think he can be like a PG/SG version of Danilo Gallinari

Leandro is worth a 1st round pick and I hope Denver drafts him for next season but he may want to stay 1 more season in Spain and then come to Denver Nuggets and NBA in 2021-2022 season.....I m not sure

Cheers
Hindu Man
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Hindu Man » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Bolmaro is a very humble young guy and I can see him getting along well with Jokic and coach Malone

He would be an instant fan favorite like Juan Hernangómez was....good locker room guy too...according to reports from ACB
Hindu Man
Ballboy

Post#10 » by Hindu Man » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 pm

If you would comprehend Spanish thi video shows his coaches and family talk about him

Again sorry for bad english
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:05 pm

I guess it's easier to fall in love with a player when he's from your country and can see him play. I am only going off reports/mock drafts I've seen but only once have I seen him in the 1st round and even then it wasn't close enough to the Nuggets pick to be considered. No offense, but I want the Nuggets to either 1) trade out to get a 2021 1st 2) get the best player at 21 or 3) move UP for the player that'll make a difference for this team. If they could trade down AND pick up Bolmaro plus a future 1st, that's about the only way I could see us getting him. And to compare him to Ginobili is a lot of high praise, but as I stated, I have only seen a highlight reel and that's doesn't justify it for me.

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#12 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:03 am

I’d like the pick. I think the team needs a Cassius Stanley even more than bolmaro but really like the idea of LB A lot. 2nd ball handling guard Taking Barton’s spot could thrive with boo bol and MPJ
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#13 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 am

Murray/Harris
Stanley/Bolmaro
MPJ/TC
Boo bol/grant
Jokic/Plumlee
skywalker33

Post#14 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:18 am

Coeur wrote:I’d like the pick. I think the team needs a Cassius Stanley even more than bolmaro but really like the idea of LB A lot. 2nd ball handling guard Taking Barton’s spot could thrive with boo bol and MPJ

Interesting comparison to Barton, I can see it. Think he could be a replacement for Will but see Bolmaro as an early-to-mid 2nd or late 1st at best. Same with Stanley but there is some risk there too.

Can't say I see Harris dropping into backup PG spot, not enough play-making skills, although it did cross my mind once or twice

Return to Denver Nuggets