ImageImageImage

Josh Jackson This Offseason?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Josh Jackson This Offseason? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:36 pm

Would you all like Josh Jackson this offseason? You all think Carlisle can fix him? Would playing next to Luka and KP help do that?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,821

Re: Josh Jackson This Offseason? 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:55 pm

He seems to have developed nicely in Memphis. He has plenty of off-court issues though and that’s risky, so I’d only be comfortable offering him a 2 year deal at the most
FIRE JASON KIDD
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#3 » by Teffer10 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 4:05 pm

I'm not sure he would mesh well with Carlisle because he is a bit of a headcase but I would love to sign him because he has some nice qualities that would fit our needs.
He has the potential to be an elite wing defender with good size and has playmaking skills. He can get his own shot but is not a great shooter.

Believe it or not he does have leadership skills. I watched him take over the Kansas Jayhawk team as a freshman, a team that had Frank Mason as a senior and Devonte Graham as a junior on the roster. At 6'8" he took on the big man role when Dok (Udoka Azubuike) went down and he did a damn good job.

He has it in him and maybe Carlisle is the right person to bring it out.
Coming out of college I thought a good NBA player comparison was SJax and Carlisle was able to coach him so who knows.

All I can say is that he was very much loved and respected at Kansas but I was surprised and disappointed that he wasn't able to take his game to another level in Phoenix.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#4 » by Bluelabel24 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 9:42 am

HairyGOATee wrote:Would you all like Josh Jackson this offseason? You all think Carlisle can fix him? Would playing next to Luka and KP help do that?

imo it should all depend on the price.. if he would come cheap then why not, the mavs have nothing to lose in that scenario. I do believe he can develop here.. he has elite physical tools,is a good defender and is 23yrs.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#5 » by JamesConway » Mon Jun 8, 2020 11:25 am

There's always space for a reclamation project, so why not. He won't be able to demand much money this summer, my best guess is that he will sign a minimum contract somewhere.
MiltTheStilt
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by MiltTheStilt » Mon Jun 8, 2020 11:01 pm

Bluelabel24 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Would you all like Josh Jackson this offseason? You all think Carlisle can fix him? Would playing next to Luka and KP help do that?

imo it should all depend on the price.. if he would come cheap then why not, the mavs have nothing to lose in that scenario. I do believe he can develop here.. he has elite physical tools,is a good defender and is 23yrs.

It always depends on the price.

That said. Jackson had a few good games last season and looked promising. Definitely, worth kicking the tires.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am

What's the maximum annual amount you all would want the Mavs to spend on Josh Jackson ?
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#8 » by BlueSan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:15 pm

No
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:42 am

BlueSan wrote:

No

To all 3 questions?
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#10 » by DBoys » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:15 am

Teffer10 wrote:I'm not sure he would mesh well with Carlisle because he is a bit of a headcase but I would love to sign him because he has some nice qualities that would fit our needs.
He has the potential to be an elite wing defender with good size and has playmaking skills. He can get his own shot but is not a great shooter.

Believe it or not he does have leadership skills. I watched him take over the Kansas Jayhawk team as a freshman, a team that had Frank Mason as a senior and Devonte Graham as a junior on the roster. At 6'8" he took on the big man role when Dok (Udoka Azubuike) went down and he did a damn good job.

He has it in him and maybe Carlisle is the right person to bring it out.
Coming out of college I thought a good NBA player comparison was SJax and Carlisle was able to coach him so who knows.

All I can say is that he was very much loved and respected at Kansas but I was surprised and disappointed that he wasn't able to take his game to another level in Phoenix.

"All I can say is that he was very much loved and respected at Kansas but I was surprised and disappointed that he wasn't able to take his game to another level in Phoenix."

I think it's unwise to pretend his track record isn't what it is. There are neon lights everywhere.

He has had huge off-court issues which actually began when he was at Kansas if not before. The timing of him being arrested at Kansas was perfect (just before March Madness) for team and fans to pretty much want to ignore it and sweep it under the rug quickly, which they did.

The crap continued in Phoenix who gave up on him because they were so major and ongoing. Felony arrest. Rumors of blowing off team schedule. Incidents with endangering a baby. They paid Memphis to take him, who gave up too, and chose to let him be a FA this summer, declining the last two option years on cheap rookie scale contract.

I think he's a bad fit in Dallas. Pass.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#11 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:48 am

If we can get him on a minimium contract, then why not?

Return to Dallas Mavericks