ImageImageImage

The Jarrett Culver Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Re: The Jarrett Culver Thread 

Post#581 » by Killboard » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

If Culver can improve his jumpshot then sky is the limit. That's a big if but I'm not ready to refuse to it in year one. He would be a terrific fit between Beasley and Dlo. He also seems to have gained weight as a late. The rest of the skillset is there: passing, defense, driving.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#582 » by Calinks » Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 pm

What if Culver comes back and he's awesome after this break? He's been the best wing in my 2K20 career because the developers shafted Beasley and made him super mediocre.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#583 » by Jedzz » Sat May 23, 2020 11:37 pm

Killboard wrote:If Culver can improve his jumpshot then sky is the limit. That's a big if but I'm not ready to refuse to it in year one. He would be a terrific fit between Beasley and Dlo. He also seems to have gained weight as a late. The rest of the skillset is there: passing, defense, driving.

Calinks wrote:What if Culver comes back and he's awesome after this break? He's been the best wing in my 2K20 career because the developers shafted Beasley and made him super mediocre.

I'm not sure passing, defense, driving have all been super positive to claim "is there" on those yet. Very rookie like, but maybe showed some anyway. At least these skills aren't totally missing so far.

I realize this is just people trying to be positive. But video games even? :D I would be happy if I heard they plan to keep him but he was already ruled to be an off bench rotational player for the next few seasons until he proves more. We've got people so critical of Russell that they suggest he should be an off-bench 6th man, and so critical of JMac's size that they don't even care to retain him and all he actually is already capable of, and yet so many are still trying to be positive in anyway they can for this Culver kid they won't realistically assess him in words at all. I haven't read them condemming the use of Culver as a starter this season. Russell did show efforts on defense playing here, and unlike Culver we saw that Russell does actually have passing and shooting skill to take note of. Maybe the one thing Culver started to show confidence in was drivingt the net. But he was no where near the abililty to start a drive and then pull up and pass instead. If it happened once I don't remember it more than once. He is very much an early rookie prospect that needs hella more time yet. I can only hope they develop him more wisely than they faked doing so with Wiggins.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#584 » by Klomp » Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 pm

minimus wrote:

His ability to defend bigger opponent is a huge plus. Kawhi, PG13, Middleton this type of players has always been a problem for us. Big wings who are skilled enough to beat our bigs off the dribble and are big enough to overpower our wings. I wonder how much Jarrett can improve his body. Getting 10-15lbs up to 210lbs would make even more capable defender and slasher. From what I've read he has putting some work during this stoppage to improve his strength.

As part of the team’s strength and conditioning program, Jarrett is doing daily weigh-ins. He’s added more muscle during these two months than he has in his entire life, in no small part to the extra motivation and spotting from his brothers.

“Just trying to have a consistent schedule,” Jarrett said. “Lift, shooting workout, work out again at night.

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#585 » by Klomp » Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm

Amid a pandemic in which NBA practice facilities, arenas and local gyms have all been shut down, even the elite of the elite haven’t had access to that luxury. The NBA’s reigning Most Valuable Player, Giannis Antetokounmpo, hasn’t shot a basketball in nearly two months. Stephen Curry, a two-time MVP himself, was forced to build an outdoor hoop with his bare hands. But an actual in-house gym, safe from the elements and the outside world? Beyond rare. At best, an NBA roster might feature one or two veteran players equipped with a home gym.

Now, Jarrett is one of them -- if only temporarily. After being stuck in his downtown Minneapolis apartment by himself for just two days following the NBA’s March 11 shutdown, Jarrett couldn’t take it anymore. He decided to rent a house on AirBnB -- most importantly, one with an indoor basketball court. Do they even have those, he wondered. Jarrett called up his agent Chris Emens and Minnesota Timberwolves VP of basketball operations Gersson Rosas to put in his request.

“I was going crazy the first two days without shooting a basketball,” Culver said. “I was just bugging everybody, like, ‘I want to have a basketball court. I need to have a basketball court. I need to shoot.’”

This would prove easier said than done. The AirBnB rental market has tanked amid concerns over coronavirus exposure. For Culver’s family and the Timberwolves, that was the first order of business: Was it safe? Secondly, even if the AirBnB rental was safe and available, would they be open to a month-to-month rental? Who would live there?

“As an organization, we’ve always been about being player-focused and family-oriented,” Rosas said. “We wanted to find a solution for Jarrett and his family.”

The Timberwolves and Culver’s camp put together a mini-task force to fulfill his childhood dream of having an in-home court -- so long as it passed the Wolves’ strict guidelines.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/airbnb-keeping-jarrett-culver-nba-ready-during-quarantine
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#586 » by Jedzz » Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 am

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
As part of the team’s strength and conditioning program, Jarrett is doing daily weigh-ins. He’s added more muscle during these two months than he has in his entire life, in no small part to the extra motivation and spotting from his brothers.

“Just trying to have a consistent schedule,” Jarrett said. “Lift, shooting workout, work out again at night.

Read on Twitter

This can't be real. Someone said these guys are all shut-ins in their condos with no access to workout equipment. This guy like all the others will clearly need a full training camp to get back in shape for playing ball.

This guy on twitter started off accurately assessing him as a rookie with too much to think about that just needs time to click in to this level. But then goes off the rails with claims of being a playoff team 3rd option someday. Can people just please be hopeful he improves enough to belong on a roster at all in a couple seasons and stop trying to project greatness out of thin air?

Brian Heaton
@brianjheaton
I have faith. He was thinking too much, especially early on. It'll come. Some guys come out and hit it immediately. Others it takes some reps. I think his ceiling will be as a starter and third option on a playoff team.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,704

Post#587 » by minimus » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 am

Calinks wrote:What if Culver comes back and he's awesome after this break? He's been the best wing in my 2K20 career because the developers shafted Beasley and made him super mediocre.

Any significant Culver development in terms of shooting will have similar to Oladipo impact in IND. Or Jimmy Butler in CHI. It will push this team to playoffs, thats how much talent he has and how awful his shooting is. As slasher, versatile 3&D he is an ideal fit in MIN.
minimus
RealGM

Post#588 » by minimus » Sun May 24, 2020 7:00 am

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:

His ability to defend bigger opponent is a huge plus. Kawhi, PG13, Middleton this type of players has always been a problem for us. Big wings who are skilled enough to beat our bigs off the dribble and are big enough to overpower our wings. I wonder how much Jarrett can improve his body. Getting 10-15lbs up to 210lbs would make even more capable defender and slasher. From what I've read he has putting some work during this stoppage to improve his strength.

Read on Twitter

Jarrett has no in between game. After he fixes his FTs and 3pt shot, he needs to watch Kawhi and PG13 short range game.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#589 » by LibertyPrime » Sun May 24, 2020 7:54 pm

minimus wrote:

It warms my heart to see this. JC had such a tough first season - his role shifted back and forth and he was learning, at times, the most difficult position in the NBA because we had no other options at PG (until JMac started to bloom). But he kept his head up and I think we'll see big things from him soon.
"The last domino falls here!"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#590 » by Jedzz » Sat May 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Klomp wrote:The NBA’s reigning Most Valuable Player, Giannis Antetokounmpo, hasn’t shot a basketball in nearly two months.

Stephen Curry, a two-time MVP himself, was forced to build an outdoor hoop with his bare hands. But an actual in-house gym, safe from the elements and the outside world? Beyond rare. At best, an NBA roster might feature one or two veteran players equipped with a home gym

I don't know where you find this unsubstantiated stuff, or why anyone would write such things. Did this author set out to inflate NBA player struggles and tug on heart strings for NBA players during this break by embellishing this fiction as he has? I mean really? Maybe he felt he had to one-up someone on the internet.

3778603057 - that's the number of dollars in 2019/20 season salary of the top 444 players making 1MM or above, plus 43 players making from 500-999K. That amounts to over 16 players per team. Let me format that total dollar amount for you. $3,778,603,057.00 Read that number as Billions. I get these numbers from Basketball Reference if you want to check them.

So Steph Curry had to walk up hill both ways to build an outdoor hoop with his own hands,. One broken hand even, and it doesn't count because it might rain on it! That author just pulled my heart out and stomped on it.

Yet, rookie salary Culver with a .467 TS% as a rookie is able to request from his GM and Manager to locate him a home he can rent with an indoor court for use during the outage.

Sounds to me like one person (Steph) already makes over 40MM NBA dollars per season and another player (Culver) really still wants a chance to get to that level yet and is more willingt to pay for his chance to keep improving yet. Like most NBA players could certainly do if they want. Giannis not touching a basketball in two months is 100% on him. :lol:

Over 90% of Americans make well below 100K per year, likely could not rent a home with a basketball court for months, and are currently struggling somewhat to attain normal heathcare, staple foods and goods. This is true. Meanwhile Four Hundred Forty Four NBA Players making anywhere form 1MM/yr to 40MM/yr certainly can find solutions to continue working out during this event. I'm certain some NBA players feel inconvenienced by the lost access to their usual team facilities. But it doesn't mean they have no access or way to continue.

To suggest it is very difficult or impossible for a players like Steph/Giannis to continue working on their craft and conditioning during this outage is just horribly misplaced efforts in writing. If it was even remotely true one could certainly say everything is going to hell in a basket. That is unless it was a comedy piece. In that case, thanks for something to laugh about.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#591 » by Dewey » Wed Jun 3, 2020 2:02 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:The NBA’s reigning Most Valuable Player, Giannis Antetokounmpo, hasn’t shot a basketball in nearly two months.

Stephen Curry, a two-time MVP himself, was forced to build an outdoor hoop with his bare hands. But an actual in-house gym, safe from the elements and the outside world? Beyond rare. At best, an NBA roster might feature one or two veteran players equipped with a home gym

I don't know where you find this unsubstantiated stuff, or why anyone would write such things. Did this author set out to inflate NBA player struggles and tug on heart strings for NBA players during this break by embellishing this fiction as he has? I mean really? Maybe he felt he had to one-up someone on the internet.

3778603057 - that's the number of dollars in 2019/20 season salary of the top 444 players making 1MM or above, plus 43 players making from 500-999K. That amounts to over 16 players per team. Let me format that total dollar amount for you. $3,778,603,057.00 Read that number as Billions. I get these numbers from Basketball Reference if you want to check them.

So Steph Curry had to walk up hill both ways to build an outdoor hoop with his own hands,. One broken hand even, and it doesn't count because it might rain on it! That author just pulled my heart out and stomped on it.

Yet, rookie salary Culver with a .467 TS% as a rookie is able to request from his GM and Manager to locate him a home he can rent with an indoor court for use during the outage.

Sounds to me like one person (Steph) already makes over 40MM NBA dollars per season and another player (Culver) really still wants a chance to get to that level yet and is more willingt to pay for his chance to keep improving yet. Like most NBA players could certainly do if they want. Giannis not touching a basketball in two months is 100% on him. :lol:

Over 90% of Americans make well below 100K per year, likely could not rent a home with a basketball court for months, and are currently struggling somewhat to attain normal heathcare, staple foods and goods. This is true. Meanwhile Four Hundred Forty Four NBA Players making anywhere form 1MM/yr to 40MM/yr certainly can find solutions to continue working out during this event. I'm certain some NBA players feel inconvenienced by the lost access to their usual team facilities. But it doesn't mean they have no access or way to continue.

To suggest it is very difficult or impossible for a players like Steph/Giannis to continue working on their craft and conditioning during this outage is just horribly misplaced efforts in writing. If it was even remotely true one could certainly say everything is going to hell in a basket. That is unless it was a comedy piece. In that case, thanks for something to laugh about.

Ya ... “bare hands” :nonono: ... these writers must think people are real morons
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#592 » by K4P » Sun Jun 7, 2020 5:35 pm

not the best footage but his jumper does look a bit different
minimus
RealGM

Post#593 » by minimus » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:11 am

KAT4PREZ wrote:not the best footage but his jumper does look a bit different

Well... I'd say it is still broken... I hope he will continue to work of his jumpshot mechanics, because he fits very well as 3rd ballhandler, defender. I like our potential at SG/PG position. Nowell has potential to be an above average shooter and solid defender. At least he has showed some effort in defense when he played with main team. Culver fits as ballhandler, team defender, DLo has 7' wingspan can shoot over defenders. The only one who look on paper as 'weak point' in defense is McLaughlin who is 5'10"170lbs, but Jordan is smart enough to use his strengths and hide his weaknesses enough to not harm team. Okogie is an elite athlete.

It was mentioned here on this board couple of times, having guards who can use their body in defense is beneficial. Okogie, DLo, Beasley, Nowell, Culver - they all are around 200lbs, good athletes. I am thinking about TOR last year. Lowry, VV, Powell looked a bit undersized as backcourt, but being smart, strong defenders who give effort it was enough to implement one of the best defenses in NBA.
minimus
RealGM

Post#594 » by minimus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:13 pm

I am sick and I don't work today. I had an hour to watch MIN highlights. I chose this one:

Here is the list of all Culvers defensive plays:

Giannis. Forced TO. Quick hands, aggressive defense in the post.
Giannis. Steal. Quick hands, transition defense.
Harden. Miss and steal. Good contest, discipline, excellent footwork, against step side 3pt shot. (x2)
PG13. Forced travel. Good technique, going under screen, stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Kawhi. Forced TO. Disciplined defense in the post.
Kawhi. Forced miss from midrange. Lost opponent after screen, but stayed connected and contested the shot.
Luka. Clean steal. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Luka. Broke DAL play. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Zion. Forced TO. Good rotation, positioning. (x2)
Lowry. Block. Good rotation, positioning.
Lowry. Steal. Good positioning, quick hands.
Lowry. Forced TO. Good positioning, quick hands.
Fox. Clean steal. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Ingles. Forced TO. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Oubre Jr. Broke PHO play. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Guduric. Forced miss. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Jamal Murray. Stopped fastbreak. Good positioning, quick hands.
Derrick White. Clean steal. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Dejounte Murray. Clean steal. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Dragic. Forced TO. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands, effort, dived for the ball.
Paschal. Clean steal. Lost opponent after poor closeout, but stayed connected and stole the ball.
Jamal Murray, Grant. Broke DEN play. Good rotation, quick hands, multiple efforts.
Bogdanovic. Forced TO. Good positioning, quick hands.
Exum. Forced miss. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Lee. Forced TO. Lost opponent after poor closeout, but stayed connected and stripped the ball.
MKG. Steal. Stayed in front of opponent, used body to defend, quick hands.
Schroeder. Forced TO. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Garland. Forced TO. Good closeout, discipline, quick hands.
Hunter. Forced TO. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Hunter. Steal. Good positioning, quick hands.
Ibaka. Forced TO. Good rotation, positioning, double team.
Hield. Steal. Lost opponent after backdoor cut, but stayed connected and stripped the ball.
Cabolco. Forced TO. After KAT rotated to contest shot, Culver stayed connected and stripped the ball from bigman.
Luwawu-Cabarrot. Steal. Good positioning, quick hands.
Adams. Good rotation, positioning, double team.
Holmes, Ariza. Forced miss. Quick hands, boxout, multiple efforts.
Ennis. Steal. Active hands, reading pass.
WAS player. Steal, good positioning, and luck.
McKinnie. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Plumlee. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass, effort to get back in transition. (x2)
Prince. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass, effort to get back in transition.
DeVincenzo. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass, effort to get back in transition.
Burke. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Dedmond. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass, effort to get back in transition.
Harris. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass, hustle.
Brown. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Bjelica. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, anticipation, reading pass, good technique fronting bigman.
Sabonis. Forced TO. Quick hands and luck.
Tucker. Forced TO. Quick hands, effort, dived for the ball.
Bowman. Forced TO. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Osman. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Bogdanovic. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Dragic. Forced TO. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Sexton. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Guy. Steal. Good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
BRO player. Steal. Anticipation, active hands, reading pass.
Len. Steal. Anticipation, active hands, reading pass.
Curry. Steal. Anticipation, good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Bjelica. Steal. Good rotation, anticipation, active hands, reading pass.
Plumlee. Forced TO. Anticipation, active hands, reading pass.
PorteR Jr. Forced TO. Good rotation, anticipation, active hands, reading pass.
Brogdon. Steal. Quick hands and luck.
DEN player. Steal. Quick hands and luck.
Brooks. Steal. Anticipation, good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Rivers. Steal. Anticipation, good positioning, active hands, reading pass.
Crowder. Block. Good positioning, effort to get back in transition.
MPJ. Block. Good positioning, stayed connected. (x2)
GSW player. Block. Good positioning, stayed connected.
Osman. Block. Lost opponent after screen, but stayed connected.
Exum. Block. Lost opponent after screen, but stayed connected.
McConnell. Lost opponent after screen, but stayed connected.
GSW player. Block. Good positioning, stayed connected.
Forbes. Block. Good positioning, stayed connected.
Coby White. Stopped fastbreak. Active hands, effort to get back in transition.
Prince. Forced miss. Good rotation, positioning, discipline.
Trent JR. Stopped fastbreak. Active hands, effort to get back in transition.
Clemons. Block. Good rotation, positioning.
Langford. Block. Good rotation, positioning.
LAC player. Block. Lost opponent after cut, but stayed connected.
Sexton. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Brogdon. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Exam. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Tyler Johnson. Block. Lost opponent after cut, but stayed connected.
Ariza. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Anunoby. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Barnes. Forced miss. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Trae Young. Block. Stayed in front of opponent, discipline.
Temple. Block. Good closeout.
Forbes. Block. Good closeout, discipline.
Bogdanovic. Block. Good closeout, discipline.
Osman. Block. Good contest, discipline.
Eric Gordon. Block. Good contest, discipline.
Adebayo. Block. Good contest, luck.
Middleton. Block. Good contest, discipline.
Lee. Forced TO. Good rotation, charge.
Allen. Forced TO. Fought through screen. (x2)
Satoransky. Broke CHI play. Stayed in front of opponent, quick hands.
Boucher. Steal. Stayed connected to play till the end, stole the ball from big.
DeAndre Jordon. Rebound. Aggressive rebound in defense, when Naz rotated to contest shot.
Bjelica. Rebound. Fought for rebound.

As you can see Culver has showed a lot of promise as defender. He defends quick players, he defends big wings, he defends in transition and in half court. He rebounds the ball, he blocks and steals the ball. He defends PoA and he acts as team defender.

Three things that came to my mind:
1. He is everything in defense what we expected from Wiggins, but never got. I mean how many times I was saying myself: C’mon Wiggs!!! You need only to jump for that ball, it could not be real that a guy with your physical tools cant rebound the ball!!! C’mon Wiggs!!! Just step up in defense, make that step to rotate!!! Meanwhile, Culver seems to go for every block, steal, every opportunity to get the ball. How many defensive plays had Wiggins this year? Every his defensive play was like a miracle to me.

2. Culver is a very promising defender, but he still has a lot to learn. He commits weak fouls, sometimes he lacks discipline. Saying this I should admit that his potential as defender is scary. Unlike Wiggins he seems to hit weight room for serious. With improved defensive awareness, 10-15lbs of muscles he will be defensive menace.

3. His shooting makes him unplayable and leads to unproductive stretches in defense. However, I think it is more than fixable, in comparison with Wiggins low motor, low basketball IQ. Wiggins attitude and motor cant be fixed, Culver shooting can be fixed. But I can see only one solution to Culver problem: make him gain 10-15lbs in offseason, work on his shooting and then give him starting SF job from day 1 of next season. If he can play effectively as 4th, 5th option in offense then everything will be fine. Otherwise, Rosas will have to trade him. But even if he improves FT shooting to acceptable 70+% you can keep more on the court more. What is more important is his work ethic and willingness to learn. I can see his tendency to play as low-efficiency scorer a-la Wiggins, who settles for mid-range turnaround, fadeaway shots. But he seems to change his shot selection to use more 3pt pull-up shots and strong drives to the hoop. He does not shot well from 3pt, but he is a willingness long-range shooter.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#595 » by King Ken » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:12 am

My take from last July:

King Ken wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not a big fan, I been pretty down on him. I liken him to Evan Turner. But what I like is his passing potential as he is a great decision maker. Not that he is advanced but his decision making is legit. His biggest gift is his off the ball movement speed and feel. He looks like Reggie Miller in movement. I think that's something to build on honestly. Other than that, he's gonna take sometime.

His shooting development is his most critical need. It's the difference between a good #3/#4 option and a legit menace and multiple time all star and potential HOF. His floor is higher than Turner just due to his decision making and movement alone.

King Ken wrote:
Klomp wrote:
King Ken wrote:His shooting development is his most critical need. It's the difference between a good #3/#4 option and a legit menace and multiple time all star and potential HOF. His floor is higher than Turner just due to his decision making and movement alone.

Does this do anything to ease your concern?

Read on Twitter

Not at all. He going to have to quicken up that release when you don't have elite or excellent first step. It's his gather that takes the most time. I really think he should model his game and film study after Reggie Miller.

King Ken wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
King Ken wrote:Not a big fan, I been pretty down on him. I liken him to Evan Turner. But what I like is his passing potential as he is a great decision maker. Not that he is advanced but his decision making is legit. His biggest gift is his off the ball movement speed and feel. He looks like Reggie Miller in movement. I think that's something to build on honestly. Other than that, he's gonna take sometime.

His shooting development is his most critical need. It's the difference between a good #3/#4 option and a legit menace and multiple time all star and potential HOF. His floor is higher than Turner just due to his decision making and movement alone.

Gerson had a clear top five w Culver in that group.
We were fortunate the Hawks gm fell in love a role player at #4.

The right and ideal role player I might add. We could have chose the wrong one.

My take now: It's the same thing. I really hated his jumper especially considering his lack of first step and explosiveness where you can buy time on his development. I did think he has the potential to be a good player and really showed some good flashes but man, that jumper is Lonzo broke. Overall, he's better than I thought but much further to go on that jumper than I thought as well. He's three years away from a reasonable inconsistent jumper this point. Not the two years from the draft I felt he was away. I can see him living up to his potential on another franchise in three years. I don't think he will ever be a shooter like that. I never really thought he would either.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#596 » by WolfAddict » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:21 am

The delay in releasing just looks weird...
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#597 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:58 am

My 2 cents worth. Culver is being written off here too soon. I'm seeing trade offers where we would give 17 and Culver to move up to pick 10 in this years draft. No way in hell.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#598 » by Dewey » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 am

KGdaBom wrote:My 2 cents worth. Culver is being written off here too soon. I'm seeing trade offers where we would give 17 and Culver to move up to pick 10 in this years draft. No way in hell.

Ya ... some cultures think this way now days
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#599 » by Norseman79 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:45 am

KGdaBom wrote:My 2 cents worth. Culver is being written off here too soon. I'm seeing trade offers where we would give 17 and Culver to move up to pick 10 in this years draft. No way in hell.

I agree in that I would rather see Okoge go than Culver. However,you mean if Okongwu is there at 10, and all it would take is Culver and 17 to go get him, you wouldn't do it?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#600 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:55 am

Norseman79 wrote:

I agree in that I would rather see Okoge go than Culver. However,you mean if Okongwu is there at 10, and all it would take is Culver and 17 to go get him, you wouldn't do it?

I don't think that could happen. However, if it did, I would have to reconsider my stand on Okongwu. If 9 straight teams passed him by maybe he isn't as good as I think.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves