ImageImageImageImageImage

***Official Nets/NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season has resumed)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Should KD and Kyrie play?

Yes. Let's go for it and make the top tier teams piss themselves
71%
No. We should go out quietly like cowards.
29%

Total votes: 14

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: ***Official Nets 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season Resumes 7/31/20) 

Post#21 » by Paradise » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:10 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:I don’t give a damn what anyone says. I think we will make a legit run to the Semis and ECF this season.

We don’t even know what to expect from Kurucs, Claxton, Musa, Cheese. All of these young guys are getting a fresh start and Kyrie could’ve very well return even if KD does not.

If KD and Kyrie sit, I am not that optimistic. If they play, all bets are off.

Let both sit until next season.

What is Brooklyn like?

KD:

It’s a city with a lot of energy and culture. It’s fresh in basketball space because Barclays has only been around six or seven years now. I feel like it’s new energy. They’re looking for something to latch onto. We are one of the first teams in Nets history where before we touch the floor that fans are expecting us to do good things. I’m excited about the expectations they put on us. I’m excited to play hard for them. In that city, the basketball culture is deep there and they’re looking for a team to latch on to. I’m excited.

MoneyMo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,792

Post#22 » by MoneyMo » Sat Jun 6, 2020 3:40 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#23 » by Stone » Sat Jun 6, 2020 12:42 pm

This is a great opportunity to turn this setback into something positive. Lets make some noise without Ky and KD and make a deep run and send a message to the league ......#Brooklyn Grit
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 6, 2020 3:58 pm

I understand why, but it's just depressing to think that we are probably going to slip down to 8th and get humiliated.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#25 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 6, 2020 6:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I understand why, but it's just depressing to think that we are probably going to slip down to 8th and get humiliated.
I think we still have a solid chance of retaining 7th. Orlando really aren't better than us, and they're also a rhythm team, who tend to go on hot streaks. So who knows how all this time off will affect them as well. Level of competition will be high, so there aren't many bad teams left, and we still have an easier schedule than most teams. If Levert, and Dinwiddie continue to play at the level they were before break, we'll be fine.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#26 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:42 am

Did someone gain a lot weight during the shutdown?

I did but I meant the players?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#27 » by GTR11 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 10:54 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:The magic # is 7 (Nets wins + Washington losses). Get to 7 & there is no risk of needing a play-in.

7 wins is a tall task when we have to play the Clippers twice, Boston once and Portland.

That assumes Washington goes 8-0, which they won't.

Yeah Wiz pretty much all but mathematically eliminated. It's us and Orlando Tragic going for that 7th seed. Those two games that we going to face off will decide everything. They very streaky and we went through internal drama. I think it's 50/50 just because it's been a while since both teams played.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#28 » by Claud » Sun Jun 7, 2020 7:32 pm

I'm actually looking forward to seeing guys like LeVert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Fro, Clax, etc HAVE to step up.

The best thing KD and Kyrie can do is heal up and be 1000% ready to kill next season, championship or bust.

This will be invaluable experience for the "other" guys.

Even if Kyrie and KD were back, we can't really ask them to be at 100% since they're just coming back from surgery so no point in risking it at all.

I think we can still be a dangerious out for any top team except Milwakee... Caris was tearing it up pre-COVID stoppage.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#29 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:44 am

I'm admittedly disappointed but get it at the same time, KD not playing. I don't see why Kryrie isn't playing. TBH I'm not sure how much better we would be with him. Seems chemistry was good end of season, especially with Caris and Spencer.

I think we can still scare a team or two in the PO. But not the Bucks.

I'd sign Ciozza if they can and I dunno for the other. Maybe Shumpert.

Dinwiddie (32) l LeVert (16)
LeVert (16) l Temple (20) l TLC (12)
Harris (32) l Prince (16)
Prince (16) l Chandler (16) l Kurucs (16)
Jordan (24) l Allen (24)
+
Chiozza, Shumpert, Musa, Claxton
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#30 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 7:05 am

Trader_Joe wrote:I'm admittedly disappointed but get it at the same time, KD not playing. I don't see why Kryrie isn't playing. TBH I'm not sure how much better we would be with him. Seems chemistry was good end of season, especially with Caris and Spencer.

Jordan (24) l Allen (24)
+

Ky's recovery time was set as 4-6 months. One's he went under the knife it was clear he wasn't coming back this year. It's actually KD who was question mark. By all counts he should be ready to go right about now. Him waiting it out till next year kind of surprising. Didn't he say he'll play for team USA? Well it's all about next year and they said so from the door, so I'm not mad at all.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#31 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 9:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
This was glaring issue in Kenny's system. I wonder how Vohn going to fix that. C who's liability on offense and one playmaker throughout the season exposed a lot of weak sides from guys like Prince, Din, Joe, D.LO and few others. I know KD and Kyrie will fix that ones they step on the court but it'll be interesting who's our next coach. I mean right now we need to find a way to keep Din and LeVert on the court together as much as possible. This brings us back to the issue we had, who's our third string pg/sg who can make plays? Sean will need to address that issue during offseason.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#32 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 9:32 am

Kyrie - Din - Chiozzo
Joe - LeVert - Musa
KD - Temple - Rodi
Prince - Rodi - Nic
DJ - Allen - Nic
This team with a right coach can win few chips. I'm not sure I'm going to waist draft picks and talent we got right now for Beal. I mean when you got Din and LeVert coming out vs 2nd unit... it can get ugly for opposing teams quick.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#33 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:43 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I'm admittedly disappointed but get it at the same time, KD not playing. I don't see why Kryrie isn't playing. TBH I'm not sure how much better we would be with him. Seems chemistry was good end of season, especially with Caris and Spencer.

Jordan (24) l Allen (24)
+

Ky's recovery time was set as 4-6 months. One's he went under the knife it was clear he wasn't coming back this year. It's actually KD who was question mark. By all counts he should be ready to go right about now. Him waiting it out till next year kind of surprising. Didn't he say he'll play for team USA? Well it's all about next year and they said so from the door, so I'm not mad at all.

He said he was interested in playing for Team USA and that was pre-Covid19.
Also, I didn't realize Kyrie's was that long. I thought it was only a few months.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#34 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:12 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
This was glaring issue in Kenny's system. I wonder how Vohn going to fix that. C who's liability on offense and one playmaker throughout the season exposed a lot of weak sides from guys like Prince, Din, Joe, D.LO and few others. I know KD and Kyrie will fix that ones they step on the court but it'll be interesting who's our next coach. I mean right now we need to find a way to keep Din and LeVert on the court together as much as possible. This brings us back to the issue we had, who's our third string pg/sg who can make plays? Sean will need to address that issue during offseason.

I don't see how Kenny made the team choke in the 4th. Or what he's supposed to do without a closer for more than half the season.

According to point differential, in the first half we're the 11th best team in the league. In the 3rd, we go down to about average. 16th in the league. Then in the 4th, we go all the way down to 29th in the league.

I've been critical of some of his end of game plays but that kind of drop isn't coaching. It didn't happen last year. The team just didn't have any fight in them for 80% of the year. You can blame that on Kenny if you want but it has nothing to do with system or strategy. This team just laid down too many times. Or choked under pressure when things were tight.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#35 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The NBA returns July 31st, and will run until October. 22 teams are in, and with the new playoff qualification format we will need to hold on to our 7th spot to avoid any potential disaster of falling out and having to play in the play in tourney to make the playoffs.

Each team will play 8 regular season games before the playoffs begin. Per POOCH

Read on Twitter

The Warriors are not invited to Orlando, so the NBA will replace that game with another opponent, so our upcoming schedule is:

-Clippers
- Kings
- Wizards
- Celtics
- Magic
- Clippers
- Magic
-Blazers

Those two games against the Magic will be absolutely critical, but overall this is a brutal schedule. :nonono:

KD and Kyrie need to suit up. They are both healthy. There is no reason why we should be going into this undermanned.

The Nets need to hit the ground running here. The danger of falling out of playoff contention is legit.

I dont think KD and Kyrie are healthy enough to play. i hoped they would be, but clearly they are not. its more to being game ready then just being physically healed. NBA playoffs is another animal. even for guys not coming off injury chances of a hamstring or groin pull are very high. id expect 2-3 player from every team to run into a nagging thing.

doesnt make sense to risk it. 2021 season starts in december, why risk them missing the start of that?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I don't see one easy game on that list if we don't have our two heavy hitters unfortunately. Kings, Wizards, Magic and Blazers will all be playing hard to make the sure that they can qualify for the play in tournament, and I think Portland is probably one of the most dangerous teams in the pool now that they are 100%. The Magic are only a half game behind us and they have given us trouble.

we need our full squad, if not I don't see the point :-?

no one has an easy schedule since no tanking teams are playing.... if you look at other teams schedules we have one of the softest.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:34 pm

Paradise wrote:I don’t give a damn what anyone says. I think we will make a legit run to the Semis and ECF this season.

We don’t even know what to expect from Kurucs, Claxton, Musa, Cheese. All of these young guys are getting a fresh start and Kyrie could’ve very well return even if KD does not.

I think that anything can happen. i can see the magic beating the lakers . who knows who is in game shape vs who wont be. who knows who will shake off the rust. and in such a short span any star can get hot for 5 games with defenses not yet back to gelling. i could see any team winning in round 1 and like any of 10 teams winnning it all. i could see the pelicans going to the finals. i can see the bucks getting swept. its going to be a circus
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#38 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I understand why, but it's just depressing to think that we are probably going to slip down to 8th and get humiliated.

why would that be humiliating? a team without its 2 best players dropping out after an insanely long layoff?

its win win. we do well thats awesome. if not we have our own lotto pick plus the philly pick making a 3rd star trade much easier
GTR11
RealGM

Post#39 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 6:00 am

MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I don't see how Kenny made the team choke in the 4th. Or what he's supposed to do without a closer for more than half the season.

According to point differential, in the first half we're the 11th best team in the league. In the 3rd, we go down to about average. 16th in the league. Then in the 4th, we go all the way down to 29th in the league.

I've been critical of some of his end of game plays but that kind of drop isn't coaching. It didn't happen last year. The team just didn't have any fight in them for 80% of the year. You can blame that on Kenny if you want but it has nothing to do with system or strategy. This team just laid down too many times. Or choked under pressure when things were tight.

Well system was guard heavy oriented and more often than not teams double teamed primary ball handler ( cheating while Allen offensive liability ) and forced a lot of turnovers. Perfect example be 6's game without Biid. Ben and Thybulle just took ball away from us, or how about entire month where we got violated on both ends and lost 14-18 games? This just happened few months ago.
Kenny is a good coach and I like him a lot. His system made our players who they are right now. Joe, LeVert, Din, Rodi etc players all showed they belong under his system. However let not pretend here he was chip caliber coach. He has flows that made Sean question him and forced his resignation. I'm also not sure how he can handle star caliber players and lead them to the glory. We had this debates during past season and to some point it was true ( some stuff was exaggerated ) . Wish him nothing but best, without him we not in this position by any means. We Marks led team and Tsai made it clear past season. Me, I'm 100% on board with them.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#40 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 11:37 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Jordan (24) l Allen (24)
+

He said he was interested in playing for Team USA and that was pre-Covid19.
Also, I didn't realize Kyrie's was that long. I thought it was only a few months.

I'm just going by my memory. Bob tweeted it few days after surgery.

Return to Brooklyn Nets