Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#841 » by Jedzz » Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 pm

minimus wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:
He cant create his own shot and his shooting mechanics are inconsistent. So chances are that in NBA he cant play neither with the ball (ballhandler) nor off the ball (shooter), hence complete liability in offense.
complete liability on offense? You have got to be kidding.

He already struggles to slash in NCAA, what happens in NBA? Culver, Okogie at least have athleticism and can slash. Haliburton is 175lbs, slender frame.

He is 3-17 in late clock situations, because of lack of strength, cant shoot pull up Js, he struggles to dribble, pass, finish with left hand. I'd be happy to get him with BRO pick, but not in top5.

If you want to claim he should stay in college one more year to fill in a bit and work on finer areas so be it. That I would often suggest for many. But I don't hear you claiming perfection is needed from anyone else. Especially our tops picks. When was the last time you demanded perfection from any of our top 10 picks? And how do you stare a .666 TS capable prospect's name in the face and speak so negatively about any of his shooting moments? I'f he's shooting well over 40% from 3 and 55-60 some percent from 2, but you are still dogging him about whatever you can find I swear its a sickness. Because if you've found the couple unique areas he needs more work at that were failures, imagine how much better he was in every other area to still attain a .600s+ TS. None of you are reporting on the "late clock situations" or "in the paint shooting" or whatever individually on all these other scrubs you want so badly with that early pick. All many of you are pointing to with these players is defense they've proven. Well I'm standing up saying that's not enough, and Halibut's defense isn't a tier below anyone mentioned so far. He simply appears to have more to work with already to go along with defense.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#842 » by Jedzz » Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 am

minimus wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I want Deni & Aaron Gordon as starting forwards next year

I prefer Gordon + Vassell, but I would be okay with Gordon + Deni.

I think people are forgetting about Golden Toe. I made that mistake of questioning his manhood and meaning to this team during his injury this season and when he finally came back he showed exactly why he's the Golden Toe. The team was really pretty good to start the season and people were showing how when he was playing it made a big difference team wide stats wise, and while gone it was all gone. But the epic break for a sore toe was just too much for me. But yes, he came back and proved it all over again. He can carry the SF/wing role to me.

Wolves may need a better bench wing/forward, sure try a rook if you want. Their first pick in the draft would be a good time to fill it. I've also been talked into wanting to see the Gordon experiment tried here. I think he's proven he's a bit of a mental douche already. But for what the team needs it might help to have his size and athleticism around.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#843 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 am

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Impressive. I want him. :D

That's a really quick release. Hopefully we get #1 and Edwards but wouldn't be mad if we fall and get this guy.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#844 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:I want Deni & Aaron Gordon as starting forwards next year

I prefer Gordon + Vassell, but I would be okay with Gordon + Deni.

I think people are forgetting about Golden Toe. I made that mistake of questioning his manhood and meaning to this team during his injury this season and when he finally came back he showed exactly why he's the Golden Toe. The team was really pretty good to start the season and people were showing how when he was playing it made a big difference team wide stats wise, and while gone it was all gone. But the epic break for a sore toe was just too much for me. But yes, he came back and proved it all over again. He can carry the SF/wing role to me.

Wolves may need a better bench wing/forward, sure try a rook if you want. Their first pick in the draft would be a good time to fill it. I've also been talked into wanting to see the Gordon experiment tried here. I think he's proven he's a bit of a mental douche already. But for what the team needs it might help to have his size and athleticism around.

Who's Golden Toe? I have no clue.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#845 » by Klomp » Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Who's Golden Toe? I have no clue.

Took me a few seconds too, but then I remembered that was his nickname for Jake Layman while he was out with his toe injury.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#846 » by Jedzz » Sun May 31, 2020 3:13 am

What do you guys think about Markus Howard? Could he transcend his size by leading with shooting? Not sure what could be said as a weakness offensively anyway. Size obviously defensively, but he doesn't have a terrible defensive rating in college.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#847 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 6:01 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I want Deni & Aaron Gordon as starting forwards next year

Layman & Hernangomez as forwards off the bench, Towns & Naz taking all C minutes... D'Lo, Beasley, Culver, Okogie, McLaughlin rotating G minutes... we also can get a solid prospect with the 33rd overall pick too, we're in a great position
ClarkeW
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#848 » by ClarkeW » Mon Jun 8, 2020 6:28 pm

https://www.theringer.com/2020/6/8/21276726/nba-draft-2020-wings-prospects

Read the article above today, really just highlights where expectations should be at if we draft a wing (or anyone) with one of our first two picks. There aren’t going to be any superstars on the board when we draft (even if it’s #1 overall). We’re going to have to draft based on the intangibles we like and be patient as they develop for a couple of years more than likely.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#849 » by minimus » Tue Jun 9, 2020 5:15 pm

Many MIN fans want Jo Isaac here. What about Jaden McDaniels?
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#850 » by Neeva » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 am

minimus wrote:Many MIN fans want Jo Isaac here. What about Jaden McDaniels?

Not me too will be way too expensive orlando will want too much for a player that is not even an all star in the east.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#851 » by Slim Tubby » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:30 pm

3. Toppin
16. Maxey
33. Oturu

That would be an absolute home run for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#852 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:3. Toppin
16. Maxey
33. Oturu

I'd love it. :D
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#853 » by karch34 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm

16. Maxey
33. Oturu

I think I'm probably holding age and D against Toppin too much. With the D, we thought that was the for sure NBA level skill Wiggins and Towns brought so that might not be as predictable as we think and who knows what Dayton asked of Toppin on that end since he was definitely carrying the offensive load. I would say while I like all 3, I have don't see us drafting Oturu over a 3&D wing if we already drafted Toppin.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#854 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 am

karch34 wrote:
16. Maxey
33. Oturu

I think I'm probably holding age and D against Toppin too much. With the D, we thought that was the for sure NBA level skill Wiggins and Towns brought so that might not be as predictable as we think and who knows what Dayton asked of Toppin on that end since he was definitely carrying the offensive load. I would say while I like all 3, I have don't see us drafting Oturu over a 3&D wing if we already drafted Toppin.

I definitely agree with your philosophy but I have Oturu as a Top 20 pick. He’s already way ahead of Reid when it comes to their overall game. He would just be too good to pass up if he falls to us in the 2nd but the premise of your post is spot on.

Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#855 » by karch34 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:13 am

Slim Tubby wrote:
karch34 wrote:
16. Maxey
33. Oturu

I definitely agree with your philosophy but I have Oturu as a Top 20 pick. He’s already way ahead of Reid when it comes to their overall game. He would just be too good to pass up if he falls to us in the 2nd but the premise of your post is spot on.

Agreed. The value at 33 would/should be too good to pass up. Its purely potential philosophy that makes me think 2 pure front court players is unlikely,
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#856 » by No-Man » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:20 am

I would want Deni Avdija but if he is gone by the time you pick (most likely outcome is 6th) I'd go with Pokusevski on a trade down 1000%

Not a fan of Edwards for this team, nor Ball but at some point they make sense, same with Toppin who I have 2nd in my board but would be a terrible fit here in general
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#857 » by Mattya » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Deni to me is clearly the best choice if we are looking at fit. If he can improve his shot like I think he can then he could be very good running off of screens to get his shot or to drive and create space for others. It isn't as relevant as his play for Maccabi, but watching his play during the u20s you get to see him featured in an offense more.

TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 555

Post#858 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:47 am

Am I the only one who would choose Wiseman without any doubt??
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#859 » by minimus » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:33 am

TwolvesFanRome wrote:Am I the only one who would choose Wiseman without any doubt??

I'd take Wiseman if we can trade down and get additional assets. For instance, Wiseman, Culver for Marcus Smart, #17, #22.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 555

Post#860 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 am

minimus wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:Am I the only one who would choose Wiseman without any doubt??

I'd take Wiseman if we can trade down and get additional assets. For instance, Wiseman, Culver for Marcus Smart, #17, #22.

I don t believe that pack whort the loss of JC and Wiseman :noway:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves