ImageImageImageImageImage

8 team Vegas summer league?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

8 team Vegas summer league? 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Tue Jun 9, 2020 2:29 am

I know the timeline won't work out probably, but if NBA is thinking about letting the 8 teams who aren't going to Orlando to play in a "summer league", they should just have them play a tournament to decide #1 pick

Warriors could start Curry-Thompson-Wiggins-Green-Criss with Lee - Paschall- on a Bender- Mulder - and dominate the tournament
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Re: 8 team Vegas summer league? 

Post#2 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 9, 2020 3:02 pm

I used to go to an annual hip hop show in SF back in the day called “Broke Ass Summer Jam”

That’s what they should call this summer league.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:15 am

Little Digger wrote:I know the timeline won't work out probably, but if NBA is thinking about letting the 8 teams who aren't going to Orlando to play in a "summer league", they should just have them play a tournament to decide #1 pick

Warriors could start Curry-Thompson-Wiggins-Green-Criss with Lee - Paschall- on a Bender- Mulder - and dominate the tournament

Doesn’t make sense to have THE BEST team of the non playoff teams win the #1 pick lol.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 am

I do like the idea of a summer league for the 8 non playoff teams and maybe throw in A Jalen Green Gleague All-Star Team.

Do something like a 8game exhibition followed by a tournament.

Warriors & Cavs, Hawks probably benefit the most with really young guys on the team to develop.

Bowman
Poole
Lee
Paschall
Chriss
Smailagic
Mulder

All those guys could use more in game experience.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#5 » by Little Digger » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Steve Kerr says the Warriors aren't interested in a summer league with teams two timezones away. None of the other seven eliminated teams are near them geographically: "We'd be more interested in practice time."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors