ImageImageImage

Where to spend our MLE?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Where to spend our MLE? 

Post#21 » by ejs78 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Im not opposed to this since they made no effort to sign Holmes.
dirkforpres wrote:Harry Giles, anyone?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#22 » by JamesConway » Thu May 28, 2020 9:48 am

I'd be surprised to see him get more than the minimum. I wouldn't mind bringing him in, certainly a talented guy. Who knows what Casey can get out of him.
MiltTheStilt
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#23 » by MiltTheStilt » Mon Jun 1, 2020 8:41 pm

JamesConway wrote:

I'd be surprised to see him get more than the minimum. I wouldn't mind bringing him in, certainly a talented guy. Who knows what Casey can get out of him.

What sort of money are the Kings looking to spend on Bogdan Bogdanovic? I have to believe he'd get along with Porzingis and Luka.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#24 » by Darren » Tue Jun 2, 2020 12:45 am

Jerami Grant, 6-8 PF/SF, opts out. Maybe a Powell replacement worthy of discussion. Fill the role by Powell nicely with 40% from long-range and move well without the ball. Despite the size, Grant is available to block some shots and take all Jackson's minutes. When DFS is out, the Mavs still be able to put a good defender on the floor. Sounds good enough?
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#25 » by Heezzi » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:26 pm

Darren wrote:Jerami Grant, 6-8 PF/SF, opts out. Maybe a Powell replacement worthy of discussion. Fill the role by Powell nicely with 40% from long-range and move well without the ball. Despite the size, Grant is available to block some shots and take all Jackson's minutes. When DFS is out, the Mavs still be able to put a good defender on the floor. Sounds good enough?

This is the best bet. Sign him, trade Wright, Jackson, and Brunson for a better backup point guard, draft a 3pt shooter.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#26 » by JamesConway » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:15 pm

Heezzi wrote:
Darren wrote:Jerami Grant, 6-8 PF/SF, opts out. Maybe a Powell replacement worthy of discussion. Fill the role by Powell nicely with 40% from long-range and move well without the ball. Despite the size, Grant is available to block some shots and take all Jackson's minutes. When DFS is out, the Mavs still be able to put a good defender on the floor. Sounds good enough?

This is the best bet. Sign him, trade Wright, Jackson, and Brunson for a better backup point guard, draft a 3pt shooter.

Dang, didn't have him on the list at all. That would be a great target for the MLE if he declines the player option he has according to bballref.com

I did not know that he shot the outside ball as efficiently as he did over the last years. Seems like a great fit alongside KP.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#27 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jun 5, 2020 4:17 pm

agree on Jerami, would be a terrific addition and our starting Pf
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#28 » by deb » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:39 pm

Jerami Grant's player option for the 20/21 season is 9,3 million. Why would he opt out and then sign with the mavs for the MLE? He's already playing significant minutes on basically a contender. I'm thinking Jerami wants to get paid and the mavs don't have the cap space to get him...
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#29 » by Heezzi » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:53 pm

deb wrote:Jerami Grant's player option for the 20/21 season is 9,3 million. Why would he opt out and then sign with the mavs for the MLE? He's already playing significant minutes on basically a contender. I'm thinking Jerami wants to get paid and the mavs don't have the cap space to get him...

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/01/jerami-grant-not-leaning-toward-taking-9346153-player-option-with-nuggets/
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#30 » by deb » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:26 pm

Heezzi wrote:
deb wrote:Jerami Grant's player option for the 20/21 season is 9,3 million. Why would he opt out and then sign with the mavs for the MLE? He's already playing significant minutes on basically a contender. I'm thinking Jerami wants to get paid and the mavs don't have the cap space to get him...

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/01/jerami-grant-not-leaning-toward-taking-9346153-player-option-with-nuggets/

Exactly my point. If he opts out, he'll be looking for a raise, not to sign with the mavs for the MLE.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#31 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am

Marcus Morris would be ideal.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#32 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:48 am

HairyGOATee wrote:Marcus Morris would be ideal.

Yes, but I think he would take more than the MLE and would want a multi-year contract ...
1+1=11
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#33 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:38 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Marcus Morris would be ideal.

Yes, but I think he would take more than the MLE and would want a multi-year contract ...

Very true.

Christian Wood would be interesting I guess.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#34 » by Pointguard01 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:27 pm

I love Grant. He would be solid but I fear that both DFS and Grant in the starting lineup doesn’t make sense. Both guys are non-shooters that have learned to shoot. Do we trust them? If I’m defending that team, I sag off both and allow them to beat me. I think we can get by with just DFS but don’t think both.

Plus, Grant will command more than the MLE. Denver will at least give a couple million over to retain him so it may be a moot point.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#35 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:20 pm

What they think of Aron Baynes in free agency, he could sign 1 year alone
1+1=11
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#36 » by Darren » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#37 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:39 pm

I love sniper Bertans,
Luka / Curry / Thjr / Bertans / Zinguis and just go on the offensive ... he will take more than the MLE and Wizards looks like he will keep it or try ... I can see Hawks giving him 15
1+1=11
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#38 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:

I love sniper Bertans,
Luka / Curry / Thjr / Bertans / Zinguis and just go on the offensive ... he will take more than the MLE and Wizards looks like he will keep it or try ... I can see Hawks giving him 15
I agree, he will cost more than the MLE. He will be on most teams list or any team with cap space. I have mentioned him before so I would love for us to sign him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#39 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:21 am

Lets see who we add in the draft first.

See who is falling to our pick at least and lets hope a stud with defensive ability will fall that far. If that happens you get a contributor at a super cheap price.

Based on needs that are left unfilled after picking someone in the draft we can sign a free agent or 2.

So far we have
Luka Wright JJB and Brunson pretty well stocked up on PG's
THJ if we resign him. Wright can slide over here and Curry is a shooter that works as well. Lee is likely gone
DFS been defending teams best weapon and Jackson may get it going next season
WCS Boban and KP is pretty much one of the top center platoons in the NBA
Kleber Powell are okay for what they do and KP here solidifies PF when needed.

With Brunson Powell and Lee injured the team needs to hope the younger guys come back full strength.

Biggest hole that I see needs filled is either a great SG or SF depending on our free agent movement. THJ finally turned a corner here and if he comes cheap we got to take him back.

That being said I like that 6'7" kid in ORL Evan Fournier.

He has size to play both spots. Adding him gets us some versatility.

Back up PF and center? Powell's injury leaves us needing help. If WCS resigns we have 4 bigs and at least 2 can play PF.

Morris in NY is good but not a rebounder? Bertans fits with his shooting but what is his D like?

Dario Saric should be available at MLE. The 2 above might be too expensive though Bertans might be worth it even though he has had 2 major injuries.

This team could use a little more rebounding. KP and Kleber are good from the 3 point line already.

We might draft a big so if we do that we have insurance already with Boban and WCS and Powell surely comes back next year sooner or later. Grooming a big with that 2nd round pick makes sense.

A 6th big found in the draft might be wise to go after for development purposes. Either 7' Yurtseven or the 6'11 Udoka could be developed to replace Boban after he retires. So far its looking like both are there to get in the second. Yurts is a better shooter and Udoka is a bruiser inside.

Rookies cost less and leave a lot more room for free agents.

A SF or SG with size to play SF is what I want most since we have Curry at the 2 and THJ might come back.

Luka Wright JJB Brunson
Curry THJ ROOKIE 1st rounder
Fournier DFS Jackson
KP Kleber Powell
WCS Boban Rookie C

That first rounder I have no clue who we get but that extra spot is there to groom a good selection if we get a good pick who is ready to come into the league and perform day one.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#40 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Lets see who we add in the draft first.

See who is falling to our pick at least and lets hope a stud with defensive ability will fall that far. If that happens you get a contributor at a super cheap price.

Based on needs that are left unfilled after picking someone in the draft we can sign a free agent or 2.

So far we have
Luka Wright JJB and Brunson pretty well stocked up on PG's
THJ if we resign him. Wright can slide over here and Curry is a shooter that works as well. Lee is likely gone
DFS been defending teams best weapon and Jackson may get it going next season
WCS Boban and KP is pretty much one of the top center platoons in the NBA
Kleber Powell are okay for what they do and KP here solidifies PF when needed.

With Brunson Powell and Lee injured the team needs to hope the younger guys come back full strength.

Biggest hole that I see needs filled is either a great SG or SF depending on our free agent movement. THJ finally turned a corner here and if he comes cheap we got to take him back.

That being said I like that 6'7" kid in ORL Evan Fournier.

He has size to play both spots. Adding him gets us some versatility.

Back up PF and center? Powell's injury leaves us needing help. If WCS resigns we have 4 bigs and at least 2 can play PF.

Morris in NY is good but not a rebounder? Bertans fits with his shooting but what is his D like?

Dario Saric should be available at MLE. The 2 above might be too expensive though Bertans might be worth it even though he has had 2 major injuries.

This team could use a little more rebounding. KP and Kleber are good from the 3 point line already.

We might draft a big so if we do that we have insurance already with Boban and WCS and Powell surely comes back next year sooner or later. Grooming a big with that 2nd round pick makes sense.

A 6th big found in the draft might be wise to go after for development purposes. Either 7' Yurtseven or the 6'11 Udoka could be developed to replace Boban after he retires. So far its looking like both are there to get in the second. Yurts is a better shooter and Udoka is a bruiser inside.

Rookies cost less and leave a lot more room for free agents.

A SF or SG with size to play SF is what I want most since we have Curry at the 2 and THJ might come back.

Luka Wright JJB Brunson
Curry THJ ROOKIE 1st rounder
Fournier DFS Jackson
KP Kleber Powell
WCS Boban Rookie C

That first rounder I have no clue who we get but that extra spot is there to groom a good selection if we get a good pick who is ready to come into the league and perform day one.
WCS the normal thing is that he leaves, the player option is almost minimal and perhaps he wants to be the owner of his future, Fournier has a player option of 17 million as you plan to catch him ?? he would not help much in D ... Morris already He does not play anymore for NY, he is a Clippers and I agree that it would be a good fit is FA but again it will take more than MLE and maybe a multi-year contract, which would compromise FA21 ... would it be worth it ??? Harkless / Crowder as maybe realistic and I'm not quite sure
1+1=11

Return to Dallas Mavericks