ImageImageImageImageImage

***Official Nets/NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season has resumed)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Should KD and Kyrie play?

Yes. Let's go for it and make the top tier teams piss themselves
71%
No. We should go out quietly like cowards.
29%

Total votes: 14

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: ***Official Nets 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season Resumes 7/31/20) 

Post#41 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 9, 2020 1:14 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
This was glaring issue in Kenny's system. I wonder how Vohn going to fix that. C who's liability on offense and one playmaker throughout the season exposed a lot of weak sides from guys like Prince, Din, Joe, D.LO and few others. I know KD and Kyrie will fix that ones they step on the court but it'll be interesting who's our next coach. I mean right now we need to find a way to keep Din and LeVert on the court together as much as possible. This brings us back to the issue we had, who's our third string pg/sg who can make plays? Sean will need to address that issue during offseason.

I don't see how Kenny made the team choke in the 4th. Or what he's supposed to do without a closer for more than half the season.

According to point differential, in the first half we're the 11th best team in the league. In the 3rd, we go down to about average. 16th in the league. Then in the 4th, we go all the way down to 29th in the league.

I've been critical of some of his end of game plays but that kind of drop isn't coaching. It didn't happen last year. The team just didn't have any fight in them for 80% of the year. You can blame that on Kenny if you want but it has nothing to do with system or strategy. This team just laid down too many times. Or choked under pressure when things were tight.

Well system was guard heavy oriented and more often than not teams double teamed primary ball handler ( cheating while Allen offensive liability ) and forced a lot of turnovers. Perfect example be 6's game without Biid. Ben and Thybulle just took ball away from us, or how about entire month where we got violated on both ends and lost 14-18 games? This just happened few months ago.
Kenny is a good coach and I like him a lot. His system made our players who they are right now. Joe, LeVert, Din, Rodi etc players all showed they belong under his system. However let not pretend here he was chip caliber coach. He has flows that made Sean question him and forced his resignation. I'm also not sure how he can handle star caliber players and lead them to the glory. We had this debates during past season and to some point it was true ( some stuff was exaggerated ) . Wish him nothing but best, without him we not in this position by any means. We Marks led team and Tsai made it clear past season. Me, I'm 100% on board with them.

that "14-18" game stretch kenny was playing with a cast of backups. most coaches the nets are 1-17 in that stretch. garrett temple was the backup PG for 3 weeks at one point. so of course teams could trap us. we had to ask joe harris to be a go to scorer like he was kobe or something. You can criticize kenny for alot of things, and he isnt the fit moving forward as this team no longer needs a coach but a manager. but kenny is an elite top 5 coach who got is twice as many wins as the avg coach would and d-leaguers and 2nd roudners into solid rotational fixtures
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#42 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 4:51 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
This was glaring issue in Kenny's system. I wonder how Vohn going to fix that. C who's liability on offense and one playmaker throughout the season exposed a lot of weak sides from guys like Prince, Din, Joe, D.LO and few others. I know KD and Kyrie will fix that ones they step on the court but it'll be interesting who's our next coach. I mean right now we need to find a way to keep Din and LeVert on the court together as much as possible. This brings us back to the issue we had, who's our third string pg/sg who can make plays? Sean will need to address that issue during offseason.

I don't see how Kenny made the team choke in the 4th. Or what he's supposed to do without a closer for more than half the season.

According to point differential, in the first half we're the 11th best team in the league. In the 3rd, we go down to about average. 16th in the league. Then in the 4th, we go all the way down to 29th in the league.

I've been critical of some of his end of game plays but that kind of drop isn't coaching. It didn't happen last year. The team just didn't have any fight in them for 80% of the year. You can blame that on Kenny if you want but it has nothing to do with system or strategy. This team just laid down too many times. Or choked under pressure when things were tight.

Well system was guard heavy oriented and more often than not teams double teamed primary ball handler ( cheating while Allen offensive liability ) and forced a lot of turnovers. Perfect example be 6's game without Biid. Ben and Thybulle just took ball away from us, or how about entire month where we got violated on both ends and lost 14-18 games? This just happened few months ago.
Kenny is a good coach and I like him a lot. His system made our players who they are right now. Joe, LeVert, Din, Rodi etc players all showed they belong under his system. However let not pretend here he was chip caliber coach. He has flows that made Sean question him and forced his resignation. I'm also not sure how he can handle star caliber players and lead them to the glory. We had this debates during past season and to some point it was true ( some stuff was exaggerated ) . Wish him nothing but best, without him we not in this position by any means. We Marks led team and Tsai made it clear past season. Me, I'm 100% on board with them.

Never said he was a championship coach. Nor does it matter because we never had anything close to a championship roster when he was coach.

Just saying these 4th quarter problems didn't happen last year or the year before. We were better in the 4th when Whitehead was running the show. So it's not a system thing. This year's team just had no fight at all. That's on Kenny too. He couldn't get THIS group to play hard.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#43 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 9, 2020 7:36 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Never said he was a championship coach. Nor does it matter because we never had anything close to a championship roster when he was coach.

Just saying these 4th quarter problems didn't happen last year or the year before. We were better in the 4th when Whitehead was running the show. So it's not a system thing. This year's team just had no fight at all. That's on Kenny too. He couldn't get THIS group to play hard.

It didn't help that Irving and Durant didn't buy in. That was pretty much the end, once the team saw the alphas side eyeing Kenny it was over. Remember when Jason Kidd got Byron ousted? Same thing.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 9, 2020 8:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Well system was guard heavy oriented and more often than not teams double teamed primary ball handler ( cheating while Allen offensive liability ) and forced a lot of turnovers. Perfect example be 6's game without Biid. Ben and Thybulle just took ball away from us, or how about entire month where we got violated on both ends and lost 14-18 games? This just happened few months ago.

It didn't help that Irving and Durant didn't buy in. That was pretty much the end, once the team saw the alphas side eyeing Kenny it was over. Remember when Jason Kidd got Byron ousted? Same thing.

i think thats an unfair comparison. kidd wanted scott out. he hated him and made no bones about it.

Kyrie and Durant simply didnt come to kennys defense and save him. they played no role in him being out and once we got more details it seemed more initiated by kenny. Dinwiddie, jordan, and chandler seemed to be the main drivers pushing kenny out and wanting more defined roles.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#45 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:22 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

i think thats an unfair comparison. kidd wanted scott out. he hated him and made no bones about it.

Kyrie and Durant simply didnt come to kennys defense and save him. they played no role in him being out and once we got more details it seemed more initiated by kenny. Dinwiddie, jordan, and chandler seemed to be the main drivers pushing kenny out and wanting more defined roles.

Chandler? That would be messed up if he had a hand in it

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#46 » by GTR11 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:02 am

MGrand15 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Yes, if coach is not THE LEADER OF HIS MAN than chances are you got mediocre or most likely trash coach. Zen, Pop's, Belichik etc these one's who separate themselves from others because they leaders by nature, than you got tools like Lue, Lawrence Frank etc.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#47 » by GTR11 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm not trying to say Kenny is soft or anything. For some coaches it takes time to develop. Rick Carlisle comes to mind. Wasn't ready for Detroit job, some years later shocked the world and won big time. I mean if your team eliminates Kobe, Bron and KD on the way to the chip, you're damn good coach.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:58 pm

GTR11 wrote:I'm not trying to say Kenny is soft or anything. For some coaches it takes time to develop. Rick Carlisle comes to mind. Wasn't ready for Detroit job, some years later shocked the world and won big time. I mean if your team eliminates Kobe, Bron and KD on the way to the chip, you're damn good coach.

I think we can all agree that Kenny's time here was also a developmental phase for him. He did a great job with what he had, and he'll be employed come December.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Woj says that the Nets might be able to sign two players since KD and Kyrie will not be playing. Chiozza is the obvious signing since we need to retain him now and for next season, but who else would we be able to sign? It looks like we can't sign anyone not already in the G League or who hasn't played in the NBA this season. I would bring back Shump if possible.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#50 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Woj says that the Nets might be able to sign two players since KD and Kyrie will not be playing. Chiozza is the obvious signing since we need to retain him now and for next season, but who else would we be able to sign? It looks like we can't sign anyone not already in the G League or who hasn't played in the NBA this season. I would bring back Shump if possible.
I would say Chiozza and Shumpert are the safe choice here. Chiozza is the obvious one, but Shumpert can be Temple insurance, and has playoffs experience. He's a terrible offensive player at this point, but we could use his defense and energy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

And now the other shoe has dropped.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

:lol:

Not saying Ky is wrong or anything but Garrett Temple, another VP of the NBPA, literally just said the exact opposite.

This should end well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:09 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Not saying Ky is wrong or anything but Garrett Temple, another VP of the NBPA, literally just said the exact opposite.

This should end well.

It looks like not everyone got a say in the matter, but I will point out that the NBAPA board which Kyrie is a member of voted to approve.

I don't blame any player who refuses to play. The cases of Covid in Florida are spiking in Florida. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a GOP run state right now

MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This should end well.

It looks like not everyone got a say in the matter, but I will point out that the NBAPA board which Kyrie is a member of voted to approve.

I don't blame any player who refuses to play. The cases of Covid in Florida are spiking in Florida. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a GOP run state right now

Yeah - just to add to that - circumstances have changed since the initial talks. The protests have gotten a lot bigger and people don't want it to lose steam.

They never agreed on exact details of the 'bubble.' When you break it down, the idea gets messy. No Dunks had a podcast with Henry Abbott which really broke down the worst case scenarios. I think the players should play but don't blame anyone AT ALL who doesn't want to go through that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#55 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:00 pm

At this point, whoever wants to play should feel free to play without condemnation, and anyone who chooses to sit out because of political reasons or health reasons should do so without condemnation. Neither side would be wrong, especially if the guys who do want to play want to use the platform to spread awareness.

Thankfully Adam Silver, who has been on the ball with how he handles things, is doing just that:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^the deep nasal swab alone should be enough of a threat for dudes to stay put. Honestly, imo with the way the cases and hospitalizations are exploding in Florida, I would mandate that anyone who leaves the campus without league approval will be suspended for the duration of the playoffs, no exceptions. You just know some idiot is going to sneak out of the bubble to do something and could end up getting people sick.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:13 am

Read on Twitter

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

^^^and yet the league front office is silent about this. Those numbers are going to continue to rise as no stay at home measures, masks, or social distancing rules are being enforced. Do they really care about these players or nah?

GTR11
RealGM

Post#57 » by GTR11 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Thoughts?
Florida became epicenter. I mean from one epicenter to another for what?
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#58 » by Stone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:14 pm

When Atlantic City was being considered, wasn't it dismissed right away because of the high amount of Coronavirus cases?

Could you blame anyone for not wanting to go into a CV epicenter? I know I wouldn't..
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#59 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Stone wrote:When Atlantic City was being considered, wasn't it dismissed right away because of the high amount of Coronavirus cases?

Could you blame anyone for not wanting to go into a CV epicenter? I know I wouldn't..

At this rate it would be safer to have the players play games in Barclays and MSG than in Florida.

The season is going to be cancelled. Florida is headed in the wrong direction. 4000+ new cases Saturday. With the idiots down there hell bent on acting like everything is normal, I would not he shocked if their Healthcare system gets overwhelmed by mid July.

All of those idiots who keep talking **** about "if you're scared, stay home" are about to learn a hard lesson.

Also, if the NFL thinks they will be kicking off this year they are delusional. The Dolphins, Bucs, and Cardinals will not even be able to set foot in a stadium.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#60 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:When Atlantic City was being considered, wasn't it dismissed right away because of the high amount of Coronavirus cases?

At this rate it would be safer to have the players play games in Barclays and MSG than in Florida.

The season is going to be cancelled. Florida is headed in the wrong direction. 4000+ new cases Saturday. With the idiots down there hell bent on acting like everything is normal, I would not he shocked if their Healthcare system gets overwhelmed by mid July.

All of those idiots who keep talking **** about "if you're scared, stay home" are about to learn a hard lesson.

Also, if the NFL thinks they will be kicking off this year they are delusional. The Dolphins, Bucs, and Cardinals will not even be able to set foot in a stadium.

We really facing the fact that sports entertainment might be shot down till things get right. It all start with electing adequate people starting this Nov. It's chain reaction no way around it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets