Image ImageImage Image

Revamped Playoffs Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Re: Revamped Playoffs Discussion 

Post#61 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:55 pm

samwana wrote:This whole solution trying to solve this completely ruined season is ruining another season. Why? I don't understand how those left out teams agree with this format.

Because more revenue for the NBA is very important for all teams, not just the 22 teams playing in Orlando. It's all about money. Playoff games will still draw a lot of interest, especially after such a long break.

Bringing back all 30 teams would've been really unncessary and some teams probably wouldn't have been interested at all. Seems like the Bulls didn't really care.

BTW, I don't see how next season is ruined already.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#62 » by Southpaw » Sat Jun 6, 2020 4:31 pm

TheStig wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
TheStig wrote:I have an idea for the league. Since you have all these young stars on the sideline, they should do a draft of them to the teams in the bubble for the rest of the year. Lowest ranked team gets #1 and so on. So you get guys like young, lavine, collins, KAT, Griffin, Curry and Russel in the playoffs.

Would be interesting to see if adding Curry to Washington or Kat to the Spurs or such could push a first round upset.

This is pure fantasy.

Would never happen.

It would be pretty cool if it did happen.

Agreed, but it would add another asterisk to an asterisk-y season. I wanted them to go all out on experimenting in this Orlando bubble with the playoff format but now that we have an official announcement, it's good imo that they went as "normal" as possible.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#63 » by TheStig » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:30 pm

Southpaw wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
This is pure fantasy.

Would never happen.

It would be pretty cool if it did happen.

Agreed, but it would add another asterisk to an asterisk-y season. I wanted them to go all out on experimenting in this Orlando bubble with the playoff format but now that we have an official announcement, it's good imo that they went as "normal" as possible.

If you got an asterick, might as well have a big asterick.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#64 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:57 pm

The solution they came up with was awful. They should have started the playoffs (no regular season) the first week in July, which would have allowed the season to end around September, which is when the NFL is supposed to start. Instead, they are going to go toe to toe with the NFL which is going to be a terrible decision.

Teams that go deep into these "playoffs" will have almost no offseason, while teams that got their season shortened will have a 6 month offseason.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#65 » by dice » Sat Jun 6, 2020 10:12 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:The solution they came up with was awful. They should have started the playoffs (no regular season) the first week in July, which would have allowed the season to end around September, which is when the NFL is supposed to start. Instead, they are going to go toe to toe with the NFL which is going to be a terrible decision.

Teams that go deep into these "playoffs" will have almost no offseason, while teams that got their season shortened will have a 6 month offseason.

so you're saying look out for the hornets, bulls, knicks, pistons, hawks, cavs, wolves and warriors to make some noise next season?

this may well benefit the warriors next season, but other than that i don't see significant concerns from a competitive fairness perspective

you can look at it as we just had a mini-offseason, too
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#66 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sat Jun 6, 2020 10:15 pm

dice wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:The solution they came up with was awful. They should have started the playoffs (no regular season) the first week in July, which would have allowed the season to end around September, which is when the NFL is supposed to start. Instead, they are going to go toe to toe with the NFL which is going to be a terrible decision.

so you're saying look out for the hornets, bulls, knicks, pistons, hawks, cavs, wolves and warriors to make some noise next season?

this may well benefit the warriors next season, but other than that i don't see significant concerns from a competitive fairness perspective

you can look at it as we just had a mini-offseason, too

The Warriors and the Nets will absolutely have an advantage next year.

Although I am sure the affected teams will just use more "load management" to rest their stars.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#67 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Chicago Bulls