RealGM
And1: 10,247

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#1681 » by Catchall » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 am

getrichordie wrote:
Spoiler:
getrichordie wrote:
catchall wrote:...

Did find some other notes corroborating what I heard on podcast.

Weaknesses (written by Gribanov)

> Decision making needs a lot of work. Poor shot selection and sloppy passing.

> Out of position defensively too often. Not always aware of what’s going on or in the wrong spot. Misses rotations.

> Jump shot not consistent enough out behind the 3 point line, combined with turnover issues makes it tough to play him at the wing. Release point a little low.

> A bit upright with the dribble, makes him susceptible to strips. Some decent vision but takes too long to make the decision to pass and pass too often inaccurate.

Found it. It was Gribanov's analysis on Perry in his youtube videos. Make sure to subscribe. He puts out good content and has a fun accent.

@31:00

Who the **** is this guy, and why do I care what he thinks?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1682 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 am

Catchall wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Spoiler:
getrichordie wrote:
Did find some other notes corroborating what I heard on podcast.

Weaknesses (written by Gribanov)

> Decision making needs a lot of work. Poor shot selection and sloppy passing.

> Out of position defensively too often. Not always aware of what’s going on or in the wrong spot. Misses rotations.

> Jump shot not consistent enough out behind the 3 point line, combined with turnover issues makes it tough to play him at the wing. Release point a little low.

> A bit upright with the dribble, makes him susceptible to strips. Some decent vision but takes too long to make the decision to pass and pass too often inaccurate.

Found it. It was Gribanov's analysis on Perry in his youtube videos. Make sure to subscribe. He puts out good content and has a fun accent.

@31:00

Who the **** is this guy, and why do I care what he thinks?

Not saying you should care what he thinks, but he's been analyzing prospects since their AAU days for a long time. He writes and produces content for The Stepien. I generally come up with my own idea of prospects and watch his videos to see where we agree/disagree and he usually has really level-headed and in-depth takes on guys. He also gives explanations as to why he likes or doesn't like certain archetypes. He's just a smart analyst. Might not be a big name to you, but he's one of the smartest draftniks out there.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#1683 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 am

Catchall wrote:Keyontae Johnson from Florida is worth a look. NBA athlete, 2% steal rate, 77% ft, 38% 3pt, rebounds well for a wing. He could be a decent 3D guy. He's only 3 months older than Cassius Stanley at Duke.

He's going back to school. But yes, he's a very good prospect and will be a first round pick. He's definitely not a sleeper.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1684 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 am

If Celtics don't buy a late 2nd and draft Queen, I'm going to hate the Celtics for life.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/12/2020-nba-draft-trevelin-queen-new-mexico-state-interview/

[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1685 » by No-Man » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:49 am

Perry has awareness issues but he is 100% getting drafted and closer to the 1st than anything

his limitations will be lessen by playing in a smaller role anyway, his skillset is too intriguing
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#1686 » by big-shot-ROB » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:19 am

getrichordie wrote:If Celtics don't buy a late 2nd and draft Queen, I'm going to hate the Celtics for life.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/12/2020-nba-draft-trevelin-queen-new-mexico-state-interview/

I'm interested in you arguing this.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1687 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:26 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
getrichordie wrote:If Celtics don't buy a late 2nd and draft Queen, I'm going to hate the Celtics for life.

I'm interested in you arguing this.

What is there to argue?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#1688 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Perry is not really a sleeper, people have been talking about him as a FS last year and a lot of people have him as a 1st rounder
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1689 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Those Queen highlights remind me a ton of Gerald Green, but based on that interview much more mature. I like him.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#1690 » by TB » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:09 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Those Queen highlights remind me a ton of Gerald Green, but based on that interview much more mature. I like him.

Looking at his stats though, a sophomore with that athleticism that doesn't score, rebound, or block shots at an elite level against bad competition... seems worrisome.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#1691 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:23 pm

TB wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Those Queen highlights remind me a ton of Gerald Green, but based on that interview much more mature. I like him.

Looking at his stats though, a sophomore with that athleticism that doesn't score, rebound, or block shots at an elite level against bad competition... seems worrisome.

a 23.5 year old sophomore, to be exact
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1692 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 pm

a 23.5 year old sophomore, to be exact

Valid, albeit I dont think 5.2rpg in 27mpg is bad for a SG. He managed 0.8bpg as a (old) freshman playing only 15mpg, so the 0.3 may be a statistical anomaly. The 1.7spg is very impressive, he shows great gambling skills there.

I am not touting him as a FRP, but off that highlight video there are certainly some tools to work with. I like him in the 40's range, more so than some other guys (Nwora, Scrubb, Hughes, Riller). If not for age, I would put him in that CJ Ellerby / Cassisu Stanley tier.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1693 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 pm

I've seen Watford mocked at the back end of the 2nd round and I just don't understand it. What is Watford good at?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1694 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Lol @ this possession by Simonovic (@0:48)

[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1695 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:16 pm

getrichordie wrote:I've seen Watford mocked at the back end of the 2nd round and I just don't understand it. What is Watford good at?

Only two LSU dudes worth drafting in this class, and Watford ain't one of them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1696 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:25 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I've seen Watford mocked at the back end of the 2nd round and I just don't understand it. What is Watford good at?

The only two guys who remotely interest me is Days and Williams. I'm out on Mays. Wouldn't even spend a 2nd on him. I don't think there's anyone from LSU worth drafting honestly but I'd consider the aforementioned guys with a late 2nd if I think I can get them to hit a 3 ball.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1697 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 pm

getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

The only two guys who remotely interest me is Days and Williams. I'm out on Mays. Wouldn't even spend a 2nd on him. I don't think there's anyone from LSU worth drafting honestly but I'd consider the aforementioned guys with a late 2nd if I think I can get them to hit a 3 ball.

I think Mays is way too solid to go undrafted. Days has barely snuck into my Top-60.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1698 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 pm

lol if Nas get picked 25th in a decent draft Watford can go 35th in a weak one...and hes bigger with less hype but just as explosive and raw with no outside shot, is not a great defender etc etc.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1699 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:43 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Only two LSU dudes worth drafting in this class, and Watford ain't one of them.

I think Mays is way too solid to go undrafted. Days has barely snuck into my Top-60.

Mays could have gotten picked last year , this year with so many pg's I doubt it unless he is the perfect fit somewhere.
The athleticism is solid but overall just an average prospect at this point , but that being said could easily come in and have a marcus smart light kind of influence
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1700 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Only two LSU dudes worth drafting in this class, and Watford ain't one of them.

I just can't see his game translating to the NBA well. I'd rather take a flier on someone else like Josh Hall. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing, but he makes way too many mistakes for how old he is. He will be 23 by the time the draft rolls around.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to NBA Draft