Post#402 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am

Trae seems on pace to out produce both of these guys

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Re: Around the League News and Rumors (Non-Hawks) Part 2 

Post#403 » by HMFFL » Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Magic center Mo Bamba says he's gained 28 pounds during the quarantine, but that most of it is muscle.

"I’ve worked my tail off during this quarantine,’’ Bamba said. "This is going to sound weird, but I put on probably about 28 pounds since quarantine (started),’’ Bamba said while laughing. "We did the whole body (composition) testing when we got back in (the Magic practice facility) and I’ve only added about 2.5 percent body fat. So, a lot of it is muscle and I can’t wait to get back out there and work.’’ It sounds like Bamba is ready to go and he was playing well before the shutdown, tying his career high with 15 points, 10 rebounds, four blocks and three 3-pointers in just 17 minutes against the Hawks on Feb. 26. 

SOURCE: NBA.com

May 26, 2020, 6:45 PM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#404 » by HMFFL » Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 am

Shams Charania: 19-year NBA veteran and former Wildcat Jason Terry has accepted assistant coaching job at Arizona, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Terry departs Mavs, where he’s been assistant GM of Texas Legends. Announcement expected Thursday.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#405 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#406 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 30, 2020 3:41 pm

HMFFL wrote:Magic center Mo Bamba says he's gained 28 pounds during the quarantine, but that most of it is muscle.

"I’ve worked my tail off during this quarantine,’’ Bamba said. "This is going to sound weird, but I put on probably about 28 pounds since quarantine (started),’’ Bamba said while laughing. "We did the whole body (composition) testing when we got back in (the Magic practice facility) and I’ve only added about 2.5 percent body fat. So, a lot of it is muscle and I can’t wait to get back out there and work.’’ It sounds like Bamba is ready to go and he was playing well before the shutdown, tying his career high with 15 points, 10 rebounds, four blocks and three 3-pointers in just 17 minutes against the Hawks on Feb. 26. 

Look for Bamba to be suspended 25 games soon.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,869

Post#407 » by jayu70 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Magic center Mo Bamba says he's gained 28 pounds during the quarantine, but that most of it is muscle.

Look for Bamba to be suspended 25 games soon.
:lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#408 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:11 pm

And the NCAA complains that kids are increasingly skipping college to play overseas or in the G-League.

It's because they're system is fundamentally broken and the students continuously get scr3w3d over.

(OK State and NCAA better do the right thing and let this kid out of his commitment.)

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#409 » by HMFFL » Tue Jun 9, 2020 9:02 am

Carmelo made me laugh.

Portland Trail Blazers star Carmelo Anthony has “mixed feelings” about resuming the 2019-20 season at the Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. “As far as basketball goes, I’m ready for it and excited to get back to work,” Anthony said during a discussion with Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma. “But to be honest with you, I’m still battling on traveling to Orlando amid everything going on. Just being isolated away from the rest of the world is why I have mixed feelings about the NBA returning"

https://clutchpoints.com/blazers-news-carmelo-anthony-admits-mixed-feelings-about-nba-return/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#410 » by HMFFL » Tue Jun 9, 2020 9:03 am

Jamaaliver wrote:And the NCAA complains that kids are increasingly skipping college to play overseas or in the G-League.

It's because they're system is fundamentally broken and the students continuously get scr3w3d over.

(OK State and NCAA better do the right thing and let this kid out of his commitment.)

Read on Twitter
Let's hope they do.
I like that the young men have different outlets and no longer have to rely on the NCAA.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#411 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#412 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 pm

Schlenk might go down as one of the best drafting GM’s in the history of the game when it’s all said and done. You don’t usually hit on:

Collins
Trae/Huerter
Hunter/Cam

That’s in 3 drafts. Honestly I don’t know how all their careers will turn out obviously but Schlenk drafts really well. Tactical in his approach. Drafting A+/A
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#413 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,925

Post#414 » by shakes0 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Schlenk might go down as one of the best drafting GM’s in the history of the game when it’s all said and done. You don’t usually hit on:

Collins
Trae/Huerter
Hunter/Cam

That’s in 3 drafts. Honestly I don’t know how all their careers will turn out obviously but Schlenk drafts really well. Tactical in his approach. Drafting A+/A

Spud, this is a really biased outlook. Collins was an A+ move. Huerter was a solid A pick. Trae is where things get murky. Guy is already an allstar and on his way to superstar, but there's Luka. As much as I love Trae, you can't give a GM an A+ when they trade away a guy like Luka.

Reddish is looking like it could be another A+ pick. But Hunter, not so sure about that one yet. Considering some of the players picked after him, the jury is still out on whether or not that was a good pick, let alone an A grade.

Also, his second round picks have been terrible.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#415 » by kg01 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:46 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Schlenk might go down as one of the best drafting GM’s in the history of the game when it’s all said and done. You don’t usually hit on:

Collins
Trae/Huerter
Hunter/Cam

Spud, this is a really biased outlook. Collins was an A+ move. Huerter was a solid A pick. Trae is where things get murky. Guy is already an allstar and on his way to superstar, but there's Luka. As much as I love Trae, you can't give a GM an A+ when they trade away a guy like Luka.

Reddish is looking like it could be another A+ pick. But Hunter, not so sure about that one yet. Considering some of the players picked after him, the jury is still out on whether or not that was a good pick, let alone an A grade.

This is all fair. In spud's defense though, his hit rate on FRP's has been really good. You could chalk the Luqa thing up to his horrid trade history so he gets off on a technicality. :)

Plus, if you look at the Hawks drafting history, what Schlenk has done so far looks like freaking genius work.
king01 :king:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#416 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:07 pm

NBA championship rings through the years

https://hoopshype.com/gallery/nba-championship-rings-through-the-years/

Threezus
Starter
And1: 1,613

Post#417 » by Threezus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:32 am

shakes0 wrote:

Collins
Trae/Huerter
Hunter/Cam

As for the Trae and Luka trade i consider Luka a bit better right now but not by a ton. Trae is close enough to him and could possibly overtake him in the long term. That if Reddish even comes close to his ceiling that trade is easily won by us. I personally think Reddish has a ton of upside not just offensively but way more than either of those 2 defensively. Rather Cam reaches it or not is another thing But i see Reddish as a guy who can reach Paul George levels as a similar player. Trae + a Paul George quality of player and im giving away Luka for that every single time and i think Doncic is very very good.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#418 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:38 am

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#419 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 pm

Threezus wrote:As for the Trae and Luka trade i consider Luka a bit better right now but not by a ton. Trae is close enough to him and could possibly overtake him in the long term. That if Reddish even comes close to his ceiling that trade is easily won by us. I personally think Reddish has a ton of upside not just offensively but way more than either of those 2 defensively. Rather Cam reaches it or not is another thing But i see Reddish as a guy who can reach Paul George levels as a similar player. Trae + a Paul George quality of player and im giving away Luka for that every single time and i think Doncic is very very good.

I don't believe Trae Young is even close to the level of Luka at the moment. Time will tell if Trae overtakes Luka, but winning a championship(s) is the best bragging rights Trae can have, and to win his first as early on as possible. Right now, Atlanta is still trying to develop it's young players, while Dallas is looking for a third pieces, because they're more ready to be a serious postseason contender.

Cam reaching his potential has always been what I bring up when discussing the trade because that will be a factor to determine who won the trade. As of right now, Luka looks like a future MVP, and to some is the next face of the NBA.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#420 » by HMFFL » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm surprised Anthony Tolliver is being singed by any team.

Marc Stein: Anthony Tolliver and the Memphis Grizzlies have a verbal agreement on a deal that can be finalized starting Tuesday when the league’s one-week transaction window opens, league sources say

– via Twitter TheSteinLine

Return to Atlanta Hawks