MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,548

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#402 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I see zero reason why non playoff teams should be playing at this point so I agree with him for the most part. Other guys who aren't set for life like he is don't have that luxury.

And yes, if Kyrie said this, ESPN would be nailing him to a cross.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#403 » by TheNetsFan » Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 pm

I kind of like the Round 1 group stage being floated. I don't love the idea of 4 non-playoff teams (all from the West) making up a 5th tier, but a World Cup style round 1 would be interesting & could benefit us if we get back Kyrie & KD.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#404 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 27, 2020 3:01 am

TheNetsFan wrote:I kind of like the Round 1 group stage being floated. I don't love the idea of 4 non-playoff teams (all from the West) making up a 5th tier, but a World Cup style round 1 would be interesting & could benefit us if we get back Kyrie & KD.

Adding the non playoff teams is so that they can sneak Zion into the tourny. it's complete BS.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#405 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I kind of like the Round 1 group stage being floated. I don't love the idea of 4 non-playoff teams (all from the West) making up a 5th tier, but a World Cup style round 1 would be interesting & could benefit us if we get back Kyrie & KD.

Adding the non playoff teams is so that they can sneak Zion into the tourny. it's complete BS.

If they only care about sneaking Zion and Dame in, then go with 9&10 from each conference. I guess the issue is NOP is tied with Sacramento.

Another option I could see for tier 5 is to put the two 9s in and have the 10s and 11s have play in games for the last two spots.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#406 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 27, 2020 12:24 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

If they only care about sneaking Zion and Dame in, then go with 9&10 from each conference. I guess the issue is NOP is tied with Sacramento.

Another option I could see for tier 5 is to put the two 9s in and have the 10s and 11s have play in games for the last two spots.

From the standpoint from the player perspective, I really see no reason to have teams outside of the top 16 undergo training camp from say mid June to mid July and then get shuttled down to Orlando just to play in 1 or 2 games. When you look at this, it absolutely makes Lilliard's point even better...it's a waste of time, and frankly an unnecessary risk for players, coaches, and team personnel.

The more i think about it, the more I like the idea of each team playing out 3-5 games to get their game legs back under them and also clear up any playoff positioning battles that were underway, and then toss out conference brackets and go to 1-16 tournament style, 7 games per series.

If we were to hold on to the current spot that we have under that scenario, we would end up drawing the Lakers in round one. A potential KD return w/ Kyrie vs Lebron and AD match up scenario would be a ratings boom for the NBA and for the Nets it would be huge for national visibility.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#407 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 27, 2020 12:24 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

From the standpoint from the player perspective, I really see no reason to have teams outside of the top 16 undergo training camp from say mid June to mid July and then get shuttled down to Orlando just to play in 1 or 2 games. When you look at this, it absolutely makes Lilliard's point even better...it's a waste of time, and frankly an unnecessary risk for players, coaches, and team personnel.

The more i think about it, the more I like the idea of each team playing out 3-5 games to get their game legs back under them and also clear up any playoff positioning battles that were underway, and then toss out conference brackets and go to 1-16 tournament style, 7 games per series.

If we were to hold on to the current spot that we have under that scenario, we would end up drawing the Lakers in round one. A potential KD return w/ Kyrie vs Lebron and AD match up scenario would be a ratings boom for the NBA and for the Nets it would be huge for national visibility.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#408 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The nice thing about the group stage Rd 1, assuming it sets a future precedent, is that a 20 team group stage could guarantee every team a minimum of 4 home playoff games. That has the potential to be a big added revenue boost.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#409 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 1, 2020 3:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

while im sure the Zion plays a big role there are strong reasons outside that.... the season ended super abruptly with teams just a few games out of the playoffs. and some had momentum. you need to include those teams in the hunt somehow as they would have surely factored in to things.

i know if the nets were .5 games out on a several game win streak and were just tossed aside id be pissed
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#410 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Jun 1, 2020 6:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

while im sure the Zion plays a big role there are strong reasons outside that.... the season ended super abruptly with teams just a few games out of the playoffs. and some had momentum. you need to include those teams in the hunt somehow as they would have surely factored in to things.

i know if the nets were .5 games out on a several game win streak and were just tossed aside id be pissed

Nobody was 0.5 games out though. #9 was 3.5 games behind #8 in the West & 5.5 games behind in the East with approximately 16 games to go.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#411 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

If we were in the Wizards position I would absolutely support the Nets staying at home because being out of the playoffs is inexcusable. we are right where we should be all things considered.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#412 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 am

This man is getting a lot of heat right now from basketball fans and is gonna get a lot more. For the record, I'm with him on this.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1968480#p83211513

Shut up and dribble, NBA! Right?! :nonono:
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#413 » by Isocleas2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 am

Kyrie figures if he gets the whole season cancelled people might stop asking him why he refuses to lace them up with his teammates.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#414 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:10 pm

Rich Rane wrote:This man is getting a lot of heat right now from basketball fans and is gonna get a lot more. For the record, I'm with him on this.

What has the race thing he is bringing up to do with finishing the season? How about you read this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/h7su6x/jared_dudley_ive_done_interviews_taking_about/

The players would get shafted afterwards, if the season is cancelled. Do your regular joes have the same luxury that Kyrie demands? They have to do their jobs without being in a bubble and getting daily tested.

I'm not sure if he understands what would happen afterwards. I think this time the owners would have the upper hand, if the CBA deal gets ripped up and the players would be in shambles. Especially in times like these, getting paid like usual could help funding BLM or other movements.

I wonder if you would have the same reaction, if Kyrie was still playing for the Celtics.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#415 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:Kyrie figures if he gets the whole season cancelled people might stop asking him why he refuses to lace them up with his teammates.

He had surgery on his shoulder you moron, he hasn't been cleared to play by the Nets staff. Get off our board with this bull ****

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#416 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:41 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:This man is getting a lot of heat right now from basketball fans and is gonna get a lot more. For the record, I'm with him on this.

What has the race thing he is bringing up to do with finishing the season? How about you read this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/h7su6x/jared_dudley_ive_done_interviews_taking_about/

The players would get shafted afterwards, if the season is cancelled. Do your regular joes have the same luxury that Kyrie demands? They have to do their jobs without being in a bubble and getting daily tested.

I'm not sure if he understands what would happen afterwards. I think this time the owners would have the upper hand, if the CBA deal gets ripped up and the players would be in shambles. Especially in times like these, getting paid like usual could help funding BLM or other movements.

I wonder if you would have the same reaction, if Kyrie was still playing for the Celtics.

Kyrie isn't the only player saying that they should hit the pause button, but go off.

And NBA players don't have to fund anything. The movement for Black equality and to end police brutality doesn't rely on their money...this is such a disingenuous take from someone who only cares about watching basketball and nothing else.

"The race thing", huh? Way to tell on yourself dude.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#417 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 pm

I support Kyrie Irving 100%. He has never been silent about the subject at hand, so he's coming from a genuine place.

DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant

Post#418 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:

Kyrie isn't the only player saying that they should hit the pause button, but go off.

And NBA players don't have to fund anything. The movement for Black equality and to end police brutality doesn't rely on their money...this is such a disingenuous take from someone who only cares about watching basketball and nothing else.

"The race thing", huh? Way to tell on yourself dude.

Yeah as a foreigner in germany I totally outed myself lol. :lol: Especially since I had to deal with everydays racissm my whole life here.

I've actually been watching basketball since last week, as the german basketball league pulled off what the NBA plans to do, on a lower scale in Munich (that's a german city). Players who didn't want to play and stay in the united states got their contracts waived and most likely received their salaries while they were at home and because of that, the teams were allowed to sign 2 replacement players.

The german football league has also started a couple weeks ago and many more league are have started this week. And wasn't he talking about, the NBA returning for 3 months in one place for entertainment purposes would look poorly. I mean what does he think the NBA and other leagues are supposed to be if not entertainment?

I mean if Kyrie thinks the NBA is trying to undermine the BLM movement and keep black people down, he could flat out retire and not accept their dirty money, couldn't he? He earned more than enough and could use the time in his hand to educate people on police brutality, racism and maybe the earth shape.

I bet most americans would kill right now, to be able to work in a bubble while getting tested everyday.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant

Post#419 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:19 pm

And what is that supposed to mean.

"There’s only 20 guys actually getting paid, and I’m part of that," Irving said on the call, according to Goodman. "Let’s not pretend there’s not a tiered system purposely to divide all of us.”

So Lillard is not in the top 20 of the highest paid players and he is making 29,8 million. Man that must be nice to hear as an NBA fan, who is the reason why they get paid so much. Has he become a socialist? I mean if he thinks there is a tiered system to divide all NBA players, he could have taken a pay cut and let the other free agents you guys signed split the money to make a stand and show the owners the middle finger.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#420 » by ProspectPark » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:13 pm

I support Kyrie 100%.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets