RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#1701 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 pm

getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
The only two guys who remotely interest me is Days and Williams. I'm out on Mays. Wouldn't even spend a 2nd on him. I don't think there's anyone from LSU worth drafting honestly but I'd consider the aforementioned guys with a late 2nd if I think I can get them to hit a 3 ball.

I think Mays is way too solid to go undrafted. Days has barely snuck into my Top-60.

I just can't see his game translating to the NBA well. I'd rather take a flier on someone else like Josh Hall. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing, but he makes way too many mistakes for how old he is. He will be 23 by the time the draft rolls around.

Maybe I need to work on my reverse-age-discrimination, as I have Riller and Mays quite a bit higher than most.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1702 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Stillwater wrote:lol if Nas get picked 25th in a decent draft Watford can go 35th in a weak one...and hes bigger with less hype but just as explosive and raw with no outside shot, is not a great defender etc etc.

How many times does it have to be repeated that this draft is weak at the top. The 30s are not the top of the draft. If you think Watford can go 35, you are smoking some good ****, Stillwater. According to HoopsHype, only 2 out of 9 mocks have him even being picked in the draft.

Okay he's explosive. Cool beans. What does he do well?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1703 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:51 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I think Mays is way too solid to go undrafted. Days has barely snuck into my Top-60.

I just can't see his game translating to the NBA well. I'd rather take a flier on someone else like Josh Hall. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing, but he makes way too many mistakes for how old he is. He will be 23 by the time the draft rolls around.

Maybe I need to work on my reverse-age-discrimination, as I have Riller and Mays quite a bit higher than most.

Well, Riller has a legitimate case for top 20.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1704 » by No-Man » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:55 am

Watford isn't explosive at all lmao, he is just a good ball handler for his height, that's about it
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#1705 » by God Squad » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 am

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I think Mays is way too solid to go undrafted. Days has barely snuck into my Top-60.

Don't let the age of prospect dismay you. The Raptors have consistently drafted older prospects that they believe can fit into there system. How many times do teams pass of proven/analytical darlings to draft the raw 19year old who amounts to little in the NBA? Obviously it can slice both ways, but more often than not teams are passing on the older proven guys for young potential.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#1706 » by God Squad » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:30 am

RiotPunch wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Raptors board seems to be high on Riller. Could be a Masai type older player with great advanced stats.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1707 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Stillwater wrote:lol if Nas get picked 25th in a decent draft Watford can go 35th in a weak one...and hes bigger with less hype but just as explosive and raw with no outside shot, is not a great defender etc etc.

How many times does it have to be repeated that this draft is weak at the top. The 30s are not the top of the draft. If you think Watford can go 35, you are smoking some good ****, Stillwater. According to HoopsHype, only 2 out of 9 mocks have him even being picked in the draft.

Okay he's explosive. Cool beans. What does he do well?

Yep he pretty much sucks just like most of this drafts options ... doesn't mean he wont get picked high 2nd because prospects with that size length and explosive athleticism have more upside even as a raw project esp on a non guarantee 2nd round contract.
The point was Nas didnt have any more skill and went 25th proving my point.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1708 » by getrichordie » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Lol @ Naz not having more skill than Watford. That is just a really bad take.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1709 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:25 pm

getrichordie wrote:Lol @ Naz not having more skill than Watford. That is just a really bad take.

Ok explain why chief otherwise stop baiting .
I liked Nas better but really wasnt a better player in college even if it had more to do with Roy Williams.i dont see much difference at all as nba long term project prospects.neither have any legit basketball skill beyond athleticism
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1710 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Fischella wrote:Watford isn't explosive at all lmao, he is just a good ball handler for his height, that's about it

yeah actually he is...but the way he plays inside yes he might as well not be. Not a great NBA prospect by any means but every year long 6'9" forwards with 7'4" wingspans and 34" standing verticals and giant mitts get drafted late first early second. Is he the next great sleeper nope
but he fits the mold of the types teams hope will be and that is enough.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1711 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Lol @ Naz not having more skill than Watford. That is just a really bad take.

I liked Nas better but really wasnt a better player in college even if it had more to do with Roy Williams.i dont see much difference at all as nba long term project prospects.neither have any legit basketball skill beyond athleticism

What does Roy Williams have to do with Naz Reid?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1712 » by Stillwater » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:37 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

What does Roy Williams have to do with Naz Reid?

lol well played :nonono:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#1713 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:39 pm

he's talking about Nas Little
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1714 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:30 pm

clyde21 wrote:

he's talking about Nas Little

Yeah I don’t think of Nassir when I see Nas. I thought he was talking about Naz until he said Roy Williams. Had to google it.

Nassir Little was taken way too high and isn’t relevant IMO.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#1715 » by EvanZ » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Watford is 6'9" and had 10 dunks. You don't label a guy like that explosive. He's objectively unexplosive. Emmitt Williams is the explosive guy on that team, and I have him ranked a bit higher than Watford.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#1716 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:32 am

getrichordie wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:
getrichordie wrote:If Celtics don't buy a late 2nd and draft Queen, I'm going to hate the Celtics for life.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/12/2020-nba-draft-trevelin-queen-new-mexico-state-interview/

I'm interested in you arguing this.

What is there to argue?

Didn't mean it as a challenge. Bad wording on my part.

I meant I was interested in your take about the guy and why you think he could fit with Boston.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1717 » by Stillwater » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:08 pm

EvanZ wrote:Watford is 6'9" and had 10 dunks. You don't label a guy like that explosive. He's objectively unexplosive. Emmitt Williams is the explosive guy on that team, and I have him ranked a bit higher than Watford.

I get that take the more I look at his college film... what I dont understand is why he was a 5 star recruit won 3 state titles as the best player on the team was regarded as the best player in Alabama a top 6 recruit at pf and why he rarely ever jumped out of the gym in college & just high enough to dunk when he had an open lane. Rarely tries to dunk through any defender big or small unless they are falling away. It is almost like he was afraid to or something indicating a hidden injury possibility or maybe just paranoid of injury before getting paid.
He cant shoot well enough to be a first round pick as is but he should be a consideration early 2nd unless his power inside out game is too limited for a team needing shooters in the front court, but at the same time he uses solid body control is built well with strong body etc. I think the heavy foot thing could be put to rest if there was a combine but that is looking unlikely.
Personally dont see much of a prospect without a lot more development and he definitely could go undrafted with no workouts or combine to dispell these concerns about him, but the blueprint is decent if they can find a path to building him up and I could see any team taking a flier from 28-60 depending on predraft answers to questions that right now are keeping him essentially slept on.
I guess explosive was the wrong word to use, so I will go with noplo-gadget
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1718 » by getrichordie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:
I'm interested in you arguing this.

What is there to argue?

Didn't mean it as a challenge. Bad wording on my part.

I meant I was interested in your take about the guy and why you think he could fit with Boston.

Celtics could always use cheap wings. He’s shown a lot of, and steady, improvement from JuCo to NMSU. He’s 6’6/200 and a DPS player. He’s quite crafty, looks like a potential sharp shooter from outside and has length and foot speed to defend perimeter players. He has shown the ability to use threat of 3-pt shot to beat close outs and get to and finish above the rim. He’s flashed the ability to hit players in the pocket with beautiful dimes off of live dribble off-hand passes.

And he wants to be a Celtic. He was a big fan of Ray Allen so it is his dream to play for Boston.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1719 » by No-Man » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:37 pm

getrichordie wrote:
And he wants to be a Celtic. He was a big fan of Ray Allen so it is his dream to play for Boston.

WUT?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1720 » by getrichordie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Fischella wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

WUT?

What is the point in this post?
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to NBA Draft