Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1541 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 8:10 pm

First off, that trade would never happen. Philly laughs hysterically to the point of a heart attack over the phone.
More importantly, that lineup does not help Simmons fully realize his potential. Too many defensive issues and not enough proven shooting.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1542 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am

Bulls need a center and better balance..few trades

Resign Dunn for $10 million trade him to Clippers for Ivica Zubac.

Trade Thad to to Clippers for Ivica Zubac.

Trade Thad & Kornet for Zubac.

Trade Thad to Spurs to a resigned Jakob P. I don’t see Spurs committing money to him when Aldridge is there.

Trade Kornet and Thad for a resigned Jakob P and second round pick.

It is clear to me the Bulls need a center in the rotation, plus push Carter to the bench until he plays 82 games a season for 20 minutes a game.

In addition trade Porter & Sato for a combo veteran guard, to rotate with White and Lavine, like Gary Harris, Spencer Dwinddie, and Delon Wright.

Free agency spend $15 million on 2 3&D guy. Any combo of S. Brown, Harkles, Semi Ojeley or Iwundu.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1543 » by gobullschi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:Bulls need a center and better balance..few trades

Trade Thad to Spurs to a resigned Jakob P. I don’t see Spurs committing money to him when Aldridge is there.

It is clear to me the Bulls need a center in the rotation, plus push Carter to the bench until he plays 82 games a season for 20 minutes a game.

In addition trade Porter & Sato for a combo veteran guard, to rotate with White and Lavine, like Gary Harris, Spencer Dwinddie, and Delon Wright.

Free agency spend $15 million on 2 3&D guy. Any combo of S. Brown, Harkles, Semi Ojeley or Iwundu.

You lost me at "Bulls need a center".
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,176

Post#1544 » by _txchilibowl_ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:31 am

gobullschi wrote:

I see the logic. Never a bad thing to have a banger to fill the Robin Lopez role. Lauri especially would appreciate it. However, I wouldn't want to commit any real money to the position...
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1545 » by Onibuh » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:24 pm

gobullschi wrote:

we see 20+ games with Gafford and Kornet. Pretty sure we Need a Center.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1546 » by aramada » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Gafford showed enough promise to project as a primary back up next season. Also, Lauri can play minutes at the C if needed. Lastly, center is a position where finding a rotation player is cheap and easy. No need for trades.
If the point is to say Carter is not good enough to start with us (i don’t see this mentioned in the post) then trade him, he has some value. In this case, waiting for the lottery would help as top 3 could land us Wiseman
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1547 » by rtblues » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 pm

If the "Sell-High" adage is true, and if you accept that Lavine is probably not a #1 guy on a championship-level team, then wouldn't trading him make sense? Seems like he would bring back the most in return and has very "trade-able" contract.
I do understand that his scoring goes away and the debate about can that slack be picked up by the remaining players and the players they''d receive in return for a Lavine trade is another debate in itself.

I'm not vehemently pushing this idea or anything like that, but simply "floating" the idea here for the reactions.
I'm also not suggesting that they'd receive back a #1 guy either, a Zach trade doesn't warrant if we already accepting
that he isn't a #1 guy a contender. You generally don't get back "much better" than what you give in trades.

I guess it will depend on what Karnisovas views are on Lavine's value/fit/abilities/ceiling and his vision of what type of players he wants on the team. But I do think it is in the "realm of possibilities" that Lavine could be moved.

One thing is certain, Otto Porter ain't opting out and no one is taking that contract, based on price/performance.
Trading Lauri is selling low and they'd get hosed badly on any trade, and he's younger than Lavine.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#1548 » by sco » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:26 pm

rtblues wrote:If the "Sell-High" adage is true, and if you accept that Lavine is probably not a #1 guy on a championship-level team, then wouldn't trading him make sense? Seems like he would bring back the most in return and has very "trade-able" contract.
I do understand that his scoring goes away and the debate about can that slack be picked up by the remaining players and the players they''d receive in return for a Lavine trade is another debate in itself.

I'm not vehemently pushing this idea or anything like that, but simply "floating" the idea here for the reactions.
I'm also not suggesting that they'd receive back a #1 guy either, a Zach trade doesn't warrant if we already accepting
that he isn't a #1 guy a contender. You generally don't get back "much better" than what you give in trades.

I guess it will depend on what Karnisovas views are on Lavine's value/fit/abilities/ceiling and his vision of what type of players he wants on the team. But I do think it is in the "realm of possibilities" that Lavine could be moved.

One thing is certain, Otto Porter ain't opting out and no one is taking that contract, based on price/performance.
Trading Lauri is selling low and they'd get hosed badly on any trade, and he's younger than Lavine.

I'm ok trading Lavine on the sell-high theory, BUT I think the premise needs to be that you get a prospect to be a #1 guy on a contending team back (which might be 2 #1 picks with one being unprotected)...otherwise, I don't see us accomplishing anything.
:clap:
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1549 » by Bulldog23 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 pm

aramada wrote:Gafford showed enough promise to project as a primary back up next season. Also, Lauri can play minutes at the C if needed. Lastly, center is a position where finding a rotation player is cheap and easy. No need for trades.
If the point is to say Carter is not good enough to start with us (i don’t see this mentioned in the post) then trade him, he has some value. In this case, waiting for the lottery would help as top 3 could land us Wiseman

My thought on trading for center was finding a center who could play 82 games 30 minutes a game who could compete. Laurie and the other big men are young and still figuring it out. I am not interested in another unproven young guy for the Bulls to develop. If you look at free agents at the center position unless you are willing to spend I don’t see any answers. I was trying to find a moderate or less expensive option to find a rotational player who fit along side the Bulls big men. I also think the scheme for big men on offense and defense needs to change as well to make more attractive for current and future big men to play for the Bulls. As far as cheap rotational player only makes sense for a veteran team who understands how to win, not on a young team that need players to play.
sco
RealGM

Post#1550 » by sco » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:
aramada wrote:Gafford showed enough promise to project as a primary back up next season. Also, Lauri can play minutes at the C if needed. Lastly, center is a position where finding a rotation player is cheap and easy. No need for trades.

My thought on trading for center was finding a center who could play 82 games 30 minutes a game who could compete. Laurie and the other big men are young and still figuring it out. I am not interested in another unproven young guy for the Bulls to develop. If you look at free agents at the center position unless you are willing to spend I don’t see any answers. I was trying to find a moderate or less expensive option to find a rotational player who fit along side the Bulls big men. I also think the scheme for big men on offense and defense needs to change as well to make more attractive for current and future big men to play for the Bulls. As far as cheap rotational player only makes sense for a veteran team who understands how to win, not on a young team that need players to play.

I like the idea of adding a vet C to the mix, but decent ones are a dime-a-dozen and should be gettable via FA or a minor trade. I would wait a season to see if there is a viable starter among our young guys.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1551 » by aramada » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:03 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:

The way I read this, you’d like to upgrade from Carter to a better and less injury prone center, which is fine by me... now trading Carter in this context means you are looking for a team that believes more in his upside than us, even though we are one of the worst and youngest teams in the league right now, where guys like WCJ have the best chance to play and learn. The alternative is getting back-up value for him or keep him as a back-up... I think he won’t get a good enough return in this market and it’s too early to “waste” the upside and production he showed when he was healthy.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1552 » by scottyg » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Perfect trades to help the young bulls grow and make a play off push-

Bulls get -
- Chris Paul
- Demar Derozan

OKC gets -
- Otto Porter
- Christiano Felicio

Spurs get -
- Thad young
- Tomas Satoransky
- 2nd rd pick via bulls

Why? A lineup that lets LAVINE and Markanen be free and learn from Chris Paul and not have the attention on them and make some play off noise
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#1553 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Wiggins + Looney + Paschal + Top 3 2020 1st Round Pick for Otto Porter Jr. + Thaddeus Young + 2021 Future 1st Round Pick?
sco
RealGM

Post#1554 » by sco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:31 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Looney + Paschal + Top 3 2020 1st Round Pick for Otto Porter Jr. + Thaddeus Young + 2021 Future 1st Round Pick?

I like that deal, but doubt Warriors bite. It essentially treats Wiggins as a salary dump, but I think he has stand alone value. Porter (due to injury) and Young have minimal trade value. I think you'd need to add Lauri to that deal for even minimal consideration.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#1555 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:56 pm

sco wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Looney + Paschal + Top 3 2020 1st Round Pick for Otto Porter Jr. + Thaddeus Young + 2021 Future 1st Round Pick?

I like that deal, but doubt Warriors bite. It essentially treats Wiggins as a salary dump, but I think he has stand alone value. Porter (due to injury) and Young have minimal trade value. I think you'd need to add Lauri to that deal for even minimal consideration.

What are your feelings on Lauri? Is Porter been injury prone or was it just this season he sustained an injury? Thaddeus is a bit older but looks to still be able to produce off the bench.

Considering the circumstances, maybe Wiggin + 2020 Top 3 pick for Porter + Young + 2020 7th Pick?
sco
RealGM

Post#1556 » by sco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:46 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
sco wrote:

What are your feelings on Lauri? Is Porter been injury prone or was it just this season he sustained an injury? Thaddeus is a bit older but looks to still be able to produce off the bench.

Considering the circumstances, maybe Wiggin + 2020 Top 3 pick for Porter + Young + 2020 7th Pick?

Lauri is a starting caliber PF, with upside and may flourish in offense like GS.

Otto has had a couple of flukey injuries but is likely to exercise his option for 1 more year under contract. Has played well when healthy...some think it is more a problem with Bulls inability to keep guys healthy than him others think he's an injury risk.

Honestly, I'm not a Wiggins fan, but would do that deal to nab a better pick, which, IMO is our best chance out of purgatory.
Orange_Blue
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1557 » by Orange_Blue » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:16 pm

The ChiBulls need as many assets as they can secure, as they go in a new direction with leadership. That said would you trade Lauri Markkenan for Zack Collins and Portland's 2020 FRP?

Why: Markkenan has missed games each year in the league (59 games missed over three seasons) & is due a big contract after next season. He's due big $$ and the team will not be in position to compete, as they continue the rebuild. Trading him brings back a replacement forward w/ a strong motor on a rookie deal for two more yrs plus extra 1st round draft pick.

Thoughts?
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#1558 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Orange_Blue wrote:The ChiBulls need as many assets as they can secure, as they go in a new direction with leadership. That said would you trade Lauri Markkenan for Zack Collins and Portland's 2020 FRP?

Why: Markkenan has missed games each year in the league (59 games missed over three seasons) & is due a big contract after next season. He's due big $$ and the team will not be in position to compete, as they continue the rebuild. Trading him brings back a replacement forward w/ a strong motor on a rookie deal for two more yrs plus extra 1st round draft pick.

Thoughts?

To me Collins is more of center, not really a PF. Don't really see the need for him.

He was in the same draft class as Lauri, btw.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#1559 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:58 pm

sco wrote:

Wiggins is going to make 33 mil in 2022/2023. Overall, he is going to get over 90 mil until then. He has never been anything but terrible. Even Looney adds guaranteed money to our payroll.

I want to stay as far away as humanly possible from that.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM

Post#1560 » by sco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
sco wrote:

Wiggins is going to make 33 mil in 2022/2023. Overall, he is going to get over 90 mil until then. He has never been anything but terrible. Even Looney adds guaranteed money to our payroll.

I want to stay as far away as humanly possible from that.

Yeah that's a bad contract - no doubt. I look at that deal as a swing for the fences on the pick (in terms of our future #1). I look at Wiggins as a guy who is a 4th quartile starter with a little upside (sorta like Lauri with a slightly lower floor, but similar upside).

Return to Chicago Bulls