Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#861 » by minimus » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:17 am

TwolvesFanRome wrote:
minimus wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:Am I the only one who would choose Wiseman without any doubt??

I'd take Wiseman if we can trade down and get additional assets. For instance, Wiseman, Culver for Marcus Smart, #17, #22.

I don t believe that pack whort the loss of JC and Wiseman :noway:

A win now move to add an elite defender(RoCo level) and 3rd ballhandler.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#862 » by NYG » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:20 pm

If the following things become true...

1. The clear cut Tier 1 by draft night is James Wiseman, LaMelo Ball and Anthony Edwards.

2. Minnesota wins the draft lottery.

3. The trade offers either don’t exist or aren’t good at all.

Who would the T’Wolves draft and why?
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#863 » by wolves_89 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:35 pm

NYG wrote:If the following things become true...

1. The clear cut Tier 1 by draft night is James Wiseman, LaMelo Ball and Anthony Edwards.

Anthony Edwards would be the clear favorite for the Wolves. Not only does he have the most upside, but he doesn't play the same position as the team's two best players.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#864 » by Neeva » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:39 am

Yep it is clearly Edwards. Although I think I might prefer trading down with the knicks to 5/6 and getting the 2021 knicks frp also (top 5 protected), don’t know if knicks will bite.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#865 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:02 am

wolves_89 wrote:

Anthony Edwards would be the clear favorite for the Wolves. Not only does he have the most upside, but he doesn't play the same position as the team's two best players.

I'm a little confused at that statement. Are you thinking he would play SF/Wing instead of a Guard role? One good thing about Edwards is we wouldn't have to wait 5 years to find out if he's going to fill out. He's likely going to be a great rim finisher from the start. But he was attempting 8 3s per game and only only hitting 29%, sometimes really poor shooting games from deep. That concerns for this team. Dwayne Wade comparisons? Not sure about it.

Dangle Wiserman in front of Atlanta?
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#866 » by gandlogo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:23 am

I would go with Ball. Some reports have him at 6’8 now. Excellent passer. Great frame and feel for game. Good shooter (mechanics can be refined), finisher, rebounder, and defender (more help/positioning than man up). Almost feels like Ben Simmons with a jump shot. Seems versatile and like he could share the court with DLo.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#867 » by shangrila » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:07 am

gandlogo wrote:

I would go with Ball. Some reports have him at 6’8 now. Excellent passer. Great frame and feel for game. Good shooter (mechanics can be refined), finisher, rebounder, and defender (more help/positioning than man up). Almost feels like Ben Simmons with a jump shot. Seems versatile and like he could share the court with DLo.

I agree but for me it's less choose the best and more choose who's not the worst. All of those guys have serious red flags that keep me from getting excited.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#868 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Could you attempt to use Wiserman as a SF/PF instead of locking into C just because of height? He gets around pretty quickly, seems more versitile than his height suggests.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#869 » by Domejandro » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Jedzz wrote:Could you attempt to use Wiserman as a SF/PF instead of locking into C just because of height? He gets around pretty quickly, seems more versitile than his height suggests.

Definitely not SF, but maybe Power-Forward. The issue is that I do not think his lateral quickness would be able to keep up with small-ball (he is elite for a Center, but certainly not for a small-ball Power-Forward).
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#870 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Wiseman has to be the pick if we win the lottery, he has the most upside of anyone in the draft in my opinion. That said he definitely isn't without risk, both in that we saw very little of him in college, as well as the unknown of how well he could play off of KAT. But if he can be some type of KG/Bosh type of PF/C we could cause a lot of issues for teams.

I just can't get on the LaMelo Ball train. We've never seen him play with any discipline, and he's Trae Young level of bad on the defensive side of things. The upside is that he fills out, his defensive issues are effort/coaching related, and he can be a 6'8" PG on offense and a wing defensively. I need some convincing that he would be the best pick if we had the choice of anyone in the draft.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#871 » by Neeva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:36 am

I’d be wary of picking a center so high more than likely he will end up losing value in a few years while other picks behind him gain more . Like Ayton..
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#872 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Almost have to wait for combine, or some type of scouting where we can get official measurements and interviews. If Ball measures in the 6'8-9 range with a good wingspan, hard to pass on that given his skill and all around game. Edwards scares me in the he is really 6'3 kind of way.

I have said multiple times if the goal is to resign Beasley, then finding two long, defensive forwards has to be the goal.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#873 » by No-Man » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 am

Domejandro wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Could you attempt to use Wiserman as a SF/PF instead of locking into C just because of height? He gets around pretty quickly, seems more versitile than his height suggests.

Definitely not SF, but maybe Power-Forward. The issue is that I do not think his lateral quickness would be able to keep up with small-ball (he is elite for a Center, but certainly not for a small-ball Power-Forward).

this ain't true, at all, he gets burned often times on the perimeter and is dumb when it comes to defensive positioning
minimus
RealGM

Post#874 » by minimus » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Fischella wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

this ain't true, at all, he gets burned often times on the perimeter and is dumb when it comes to defensive positioning

I suppose it was a joke or sarcasm.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#875 » by No-Man » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Almost have to wait for combine, or some type of scouting where we can get official measurements and interviews. If Ball measures in the 6'8-9 range with a good wingspan, hard to pass on that given his skill and all around game. Edwards scares me in the he is really 6'3 kind of way.

I have said multiple times if the goal is to resign Beasley, then finding two long, defensive forwards has to be the goal.

Ball is 6'7 or 6'7.5 in shoes with a 6'10/6'11 wingspan almost guaranteed
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#876 » by Jedzz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Fischella wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Which part are you saying isn't true? That he gets around pretty quickly, or what?

Aye, the defense police. Like we give a hoot.
minimus
RealGM

Post#877 » by minimus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Read on Twitter

He is legit 6'8" wing. I wonder whether he continues to grow.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#878 » by Jedzz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:35 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I always.

What does Legit 6'8 mean? 6'8 in shoes or without shoes. Legit I saw it posted somewhere legit like twitter, or actual records from a combine or official recording?

It really would be nice to be able to believe all these measurements listed wrong everywhere the entire time from coming out of highschools and throughout their college times or wherever they play, to even once pros. Legit straight up lieing about this stuff constantly across the board. Andrew Wiggins was drafted at 6'8" with 7' wingspan or 6'9" and 19 years of age and growing depending who said legit louder. By the start of year two he was listed everywhere around the net as 6'9" and somewhere between the 95th and 98th percentile of height for SFs. Two years later he was a decrepit 90 year old shrinking at the spine already and down to 6'7" because it fit the storyline better for the guard position he wanted I guess.

I want a single, truthful organization to start going around and measuring these players and attaching the measured height to a date it was measured. I would legit pay my way through a pay wall for something like that which was trustworthy.
minimus
RealGM

Post#879 » by minimus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 am

Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:He is legit 6'8" wing. I wonder whether he continues to grow.

I always.

What does Legit 6'8 mean? 6'8 in shoes or without shoes. Legit I saw it posted somewhere legit like twitter, or actual records from a combine or official recording?

I agree, we need some trustworthy measurements. I mean when I watch Avdija playing he is clearly bigger than Vassell, Okoro, Edwards and other guys, listed as wings. He is probably the closest thing in terms of skills and size at SF, to my ideal wing prospect from draft. The only one wing who might bring such versatility at SF is Saddiq Bey.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#880 » by Pistol King » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I always.

It really would be nice to be able to believe all these measurements listed wrong everywhere the entire time from coming out of highschools and throughout their college times or wherever they play, to even once pros. Legit straight up lieing about this stuff constantly across the board. Andrew Wiggins was drafted at 6'8" with 7' wingspan or 6'9" and 19 years of age and growing depending who said legit louder. By the start of year two he was listed everywhere around the net as 6'9" and somewhere between the 95th and 98th percentile of height for SFs. Two years later he was a decrepit 90 year old shrinking at the spine already and down to 6'7" because it fit the storyline better for the guard position he wanted I guess.

I want a single, truthful organization to start going around and measuring these players and attaching the measured height to a date it was measured. I would legit pay my way through a pay wall for something like that which was trustworthy.

He measured at 6'7.5" without shoes in the 2018 Basketball Without Borders camp. 14th August, almost 2 years ago.

https://eurospects.com/?page_id=5499

And he likely grew since then. Everywhere I'm hearing interviews and teammates talking about Deni, I see them describing him as a 6'9 player. But yeah, nothing better than waiting for an official measurements. Really hope there will be a combine this year.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves