kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#701 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:02 pm

GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Houston has been one of the elite teams in the league the last few years and were a CP3 injury away from upsetting the Curry-KD Warriors and likely winning the title 2 years ago.

Not winning the championship doesn't mean they're not successful or just flat out incapable of winning a championship. That's some crazy oversimplification to try and justify a narrative.

You guys are literally arguing against math. That's not a good look.

The Nets arent as good as Houston they just run a similar offense

Oh we're much much better team right now. Also have confidence knowing D'Antoni ain't coaching, so chances look way better.

Yeah they're better than they were last year for sure I was just pointing out that Houston had a better team.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager

Post#702 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:The offense didn't work the offense would still be ranked in the 20s regardless of the personnel because the 3 pointer is a low percentage shot. A team will score more points taking 3s bc of math but it's still a low percentage shot analytics can't change that. Kenny was too stubborn not listening to his players that's why he got fired.

The top 10 teams in 3 point attempts count for 8 of the top 10 offenses.

and im not sure how you can say the offense would be ranked in the 20s "regardless of personnel" when its was #2 with Kyrie in the lineup

Yep, the offense was elite before Kyrie went down with the shoulder issue.

Also, mid range jumpers aren't exactly efficient shots. I am not against them being taken because I believe in take what the opponent gives you, but acting like they are better than uncontested threes is really reaching.

I stand corrected the offense is ranked 15th
now not in the 20s it was in the 20s the last couple of years. If a team continues to miss threes you should stop taking them that's not "reaching" its logic. Yet shooting threes was the system whether they went in or not that's what the problem was.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,551

Post#703 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:19 am

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

and im not sure how you can say the offense would be ranked in the 20s "regardless of personnel" when its was #2 with Kyrie in the lineup

Also, mid range jumpers aren't exactly efficient shots. I am not against them being taken because I believe in take what the opponent gives you, but acting like they are better than uncontested threes is really reaching.

now not in the 20s it was in the 20s the last couple of years. If a team continues to miss threes you should stop taking them that's not "reaching" its logic. Yet shooting threes was the system whether they went in or not that's what the problem was.

The thing is, those three point shots kept us in games. We didn't have enough talent to do otherwise, unless you were going to advocate for DLo Isolation plays to shoulder the burden?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#704 » by kamaze » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:22 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The thing is, those three point shots kept us in games. We didn't have enough talent to do otherwise, unless you were going to advocate for DLo Isolation plays to shoulder the burden?

Talent had nothing to do with the system from the coach's view that was the offense drawn up and there was very little deviating from it. That's why most of his players hated him.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#705 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:08 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Talent had nothing to do with the system from the coach's view that was the offense drawn up and there was very little deviating from it. That's why most of his players hated him.

You have zero evidence that most of the players hated him.

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#706 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:49 pm

GTR11 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:It amazes me how you come up with different conspiracy theories from all over, yet manage not to understand basic point. Kyrie is a mid-range monster who happens to be great 3 pt threat, however that's not his game. You didn't read Shams piece right ( not that I agree with that ). Also Kamaze saying that Kenny's playbook was limited. Drive to the basket and shoot 3's can get you only that far, how's that been working out in Houston.

Houston has been one of the elite teams in the league the last few years and were a CP3 injury away from upsetting the Curry-KD Warriors and likely winning the title 2 years ago.

Not winning the championship doesn't mean they're not successful or just flat out incapable of winning a championship. That's some crazy oversimplification to try and justify a narrative.

Houston been massive disaster ever since D'Antoni been hired, you fooling yourself believing otherwise. If you not first you're last and be mocked as a loser for the rest of your life. Could've would've should've is for losers looking for an excuse.
Analytics have to be used to improve player/team quality. There is way more to the game than just plain #'s. Most get confused and forget basics. Most efficient shots lay ups and open 3's right? What analytics say when teams take that away? There you go.

What evidence is there for this? How have they been a massive disaster? They've legitimately been one of the best teams in the league over the last few years, and were the only team that was actually a threat to the KD/Curry Warriors over a 3 year period and took them to the brink. And CP3's injury was a huge factor, can't ignore that.

So not winning a title means they're failures...I love how teams from the 90s like the Jazz and Sonics get glorified like crazy and had the misfortune of running into Jordan's Bulls, but the Rockets are massive disasters who didn't have the misfortune of running into the Curry/KD Warriors.

MDA is an elite coach. He changed the way basketball is played and all of the offensive improvements we've seen over the last 15 years are directly related to what he did with the Suns when he took over in 04-05. He didn't benefit from it with a championship, but the 3pt revolution and the focus on efficiency, and the emphasis away from post play and more towards perimeter-oriented offense and outside shooting was inspired by him. Steve Kerr has MDA to thank.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#707 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

You have zero evidence that most of the players hated him.

"I'm not going to give it to Kenny"
"I still don't think he knew what he had honestly. I don't think he knew what I was capable of in the fourth quarter."-Dlo
"On top of that, Charnia mentioned Kevin Durant being unhappy with some of the habits developing in the organization earlier this week. Shams described KD's comments as "choice words."
You can find the article on Netsdaily the case for Jacque Vaughn as the Nets head coach.

Apologies for talking about another site mods but he wanted the evidence.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#708 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:59 am

Dlo didn't have enough pull to get him fired but KD Kyrie and DJ did I heard Dinwiddie wasn't a fan of him either. DJ wanted to start.

Get mad about the truth :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#709 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:49 pm

ok.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#710 » by Prokorov » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:31 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:The offense didn't work the offense would still be ranked in the 20s regardless of the personnel because the 3 pointer is a low percentage shot. A team will score more points taking 3s bc of math but it's still a low percentage shot analytics can't change that. Kenny was too stubborn not listening to his players that's why he got fired.

It amazes me how you come up with different conspiracy theories from all over, yet manage not to understand basic point. Kyrie is a mid-range monster who happens to be great 3 pt threat, however that's not his game. You didn't read Shams piece right ( not that I agree with that ). Also Kamaze saying that Kenny's playbook was limited. Drive to the basket and shoot 3's can get you only that far, how's that been working out in Houston.

its been working great for houston. and goldens state. and toronto. and boston. and LA.

Kyrie is a monster everywhere. the idea our offense wouldnt be better with him is absurd. Kennys offensive system works. it does all over the league
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#711 » by Prokorov » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:39 pm

GTR11 wrote:Houston been massive disaster ever since D'Antoni been hired, you fooling yourself believing otherwise. If you not first you're last and be mocked as a loser for the rest of your life. Could've would've should've is for losers looking for an excuse.
Analytics have to be used to improve player/team quality. There is way more to the game than just plain #'s. Most get confused and forget basics. Most efficient shots lay ups and open 3's right? What analytics say when teams take that away? There you go.

This is absurd. D'antoni rockets a "massive disaster"?

in his 3 full seasons (not sure where they end up yet this year):

-173 - 73 (.703)
-2 division titles in 3 years

-advanced to the semis year 1
-advanced to conference finals year 2 (lost to KD warriors in 7)
-advanced to semis year 3 (lost to KD warriors in 6)

So under D'antoni 2nd best win% in the league in that span. Produced an MVP and #1 offense. Made it to the conference finals. lost to the enventual champs 2 of 3 years.

by your standards everyone but the warriors/cavs/raps have been a disaster the last 5 years
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#712 » by GTR11 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:53 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Houston been massive disaster ever since D'Antoni been hired, you fooling yourself believing otherwise. If you not first you're last and be mocked as a loser for the rest of your life. Could've would've should've is for losers looking for an excuse.

What evidence is there for this? How have they been a massive disaster? They've legitimately been one of the best teams in the league over the last few years, and were the only team that was actually a threat to the KD/Curry Warriors over a 3 year period and took them to the brink. And CP3's injury was a huge factor, can't ignore that.

So not winning a title means they're failures...I love how teams from the 90s like the Jazz and Sonics get glorified like crazy and had the misfortune of running into Jordan's Bulls, but the Rockets are massive disasters who didn't have the misfortune of running into the Curry/KD Warriors.

MDA is an elite coach. He changed the way basketball is played and all of the offensive improvements we've seen over the last 15 years are directly related to what he did with the Suns when he took over in 04-05. He didn't benefit from it with a championship, but the 3pt revolution and the focus on efficiency, and the emphasis away from post play and more towards perimeter-oriented offense and outside shooting was inspired by him. Steve Kerr has MDA to thank.

Could've would've should've. No one remembers PHX team, you know why? Yeah they lost and broke it down. You know who'll be remembered? T.PAIN, Manu, Timmy, Dirk, Kobe etc. Spending all that money and ain't got nothing to show for it. SukTown, Swamp Jersey etc called why? Ok than.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#713 » by GTR11 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Houston been massive disaster ever since D'Antoni been hired, you fooling yourself believing otherwise. If you not first you're last and be mocked as a loser for the rest of your life. Could've would've should've is for losers looking for an excuse.

-173 - 73 (.703)

So under D'antoni 2nd best win% in the league in that span. Produced an MVP and #1 offense. Made it to the conference finals. lost to the enventual champs 2 of 3 years.

by your standards everyone but the warriors/cavs/raps have been a disaster the last 5 years

There you go. No one remembers losers, maybe when they want tell joke or something.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#714 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:34 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

-173 - 73 (.703)

There you go. No one remembers losers, maybe when they want tell joke or something.

Losers get remebered all the time. some of the most famous and iconic teams ever didnt win a title. those d'antoni suns teams are incredibly popular. GB raves about them. same with the webber/bibby kings. barkleys suns. the ewing/oakley/starks/van gundy era knicks.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#715 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

-173 - 73 (.703)

Losers get remebered all the time. some of the most famous and iconic teams ever didnt win a title. those d'antoni suns teams are incredibly popular. GB raves about them. same with the webber/bibby kings. barkleys suns. the ewing/oakley/starks/van gundy era knicks.

:lol: :thumbsup:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#716 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:There you go. No one remembers losers, maybe when they want tell joke or something.

and no one, no one raves more about losers than fans of the ewing/oakley/starks era Knicks. No one :lol:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#717 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:05 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

and no one, no one raves more about losers than fans of the ewing/oakley/starks era Knicks. No one :lol:

Early 00's Nets baby!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#718 » by Paradise » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:05 pm

So, Serge Ibaka liked a Philippines Nets fan IG post on having 4 Players that can score 40 points on any given night. The picture included Kyrie, KD, Spence and Caris.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#719 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Paradise wrote:So, Serge Ibaka liked a Philippines Nets fan IG post on having 4 Players that can score 40 points on any given night. The picture included Kyrie, KD, Spence and Caris.

It's a done deal, he's coming on board.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#720 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Paradise wrote:So, Serge Ibaka liked a Philippines Nets fan IG post on having 4 Players that can score 40 points on any given night. The picture included Kyrie, KD, Spence and Caris.

It's a done deal, he's coming on board.

DJ/Serge/KD/LeVert/Kyrie

Return to Brooklyn Nets