Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#441 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:I just realized I was going back and forth with a white guy telling me a black man how to confront racism in this country. Unbelievable.

You're talking about me? I'm white?

You're not?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#442 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:54 pm

kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:I just realized I was going back and forth with a white guy telling me a black man how to confront racism in this country. Unbelievable.

You're not?

Nope.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#443 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Yeah I was talking about you.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#444 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

You're not?

Nope.

Are you black?

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#445 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:59 pm

kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
You're not?

Nope.

Are you black?

Nope. Person of color that's endured more than several encounters with racism. If you still wanna feel offended for me not being black though, I'll apologize that far.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#446 » by kamaze » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Nope.

Are you black?

Nope. Person of color that's endured more than several encounters with racism. If you still wanna feel offended for me not being black though, I'll apologize that far.

I don't know if offended is the right word. I have trust issues. I commend you and other people for caring though, honestly I used to believe only black people gave a damn how we're treated.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#447 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:26 pm

kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Are you black?

I don't know if offended is the right word. I have trust issues. I commend you and other people for caring though, honestly I used to believe only black people gave a damn how we're treated.

I'm pretty certain you're far from the only black person that's felt this way (and by this country's history, I'm not saying black people are wrong at all far feeling that way). Hell, most of my black friends' initial reaction to George Floyd's murder was anger, but followed with "add another one to the list". A lot of black people I've met over protests the last few weeks were the same, some bringing themselves to tears at the sheer amount of people from different backgrounds that would march with them.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#448 » by kamaze » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:34 am

Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I'm pretty certain you're far from the only black person that's felt this way (and by this country's history, I'm not saying black people are wrong at all far feeling that way). Hell, most of my black friends' initial reaction to George Floyd's murder was anger, but followed with "add another one to the list". A lot of black people I've met over protests the last few weeks were the same, some bringing themselves to tears at the sheer amount of people from different backgrounds that would march with them.

"Why are they killing us?" You go from wanting to do something violent.
It's been a war on us where one side is the aggressor that's why I think if you choose to fight back take it to the extreme. If I'm not willing to take it there then stay your ass home.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,863

Post#449 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:51 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:They mean well but it is what it is this is an ugly country and I don't believe anything we as citizens do will change anything. Cops are still attacking people; a black man was executed in Atlanta; things are getting worse.

MDB you ready to ride?

The protests are working, despite the killings and brutality. Public opinion has shifted dramatically in support of ending systemic racism. It will take time, but i see that finally white people are waking up and realizing what has been happening to us. People are finally listening. That is huge. Compare the public opinion now to when Colin Kaepernick's protest was ongoing. Things have changed, it's just unfortunate it took someone's death to trigger it.

Yeah some progress has been made I just don't have the energy to fight this any more. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Read on Twitter

^we are seeing progress in real time. The fact that a major city like San Fran is going to stop sending cops to calls that require trained mental health personnel and not a gun toting thug is going to save Black and Brown lives. I hope this becomes the norm nationwide especially in communities of color.

we could see sweeping nationwide reform legislation passed if Democrats win the Senate and Biden beats Trump. I know it's frustrating, but it's working. People's voices are being heard and I have to thank the younger generation who has gone out there and raised hell non stop to get the country to shut the **** up and LISTEN to what Black people are saying.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#450 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

The fact that there are so many non Black people risking their health and safety right now to take to the streets to protest has changed my view of this country. I thought no one gave a damn about us, especially after the way people reacted to what Colin Kaepernick was doing. I thought people didn't care...and that's not the case. It's just that the people who do care have finally decided to raise up and show it...I can see how it would move any Black person to tears. It makes you feel like there are a lot of people who view us as people and their fellow countrymen and not "the blacks". Even though things are awful right now, it gives me hope.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#451 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:48 pm

I was indifferent to this clown but now he's reaching.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GTR11
RealGM

Post#452 » by GTR11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:

The fact that there are so many non Black people risking their health and safety right now to take to the streets to protest has changed my view of this country. I thought no one gave a damn about us, especially after the way people reacted to what Colin Kaepernick was doing. I thought people didn't care...and that's not the case. It's just that the people who do care have finally decided to raise up and show it...I can see how it would move any Black person to tears. It makes you feel like there are a lot of people who view us as people and their fellow countrymen and not "the blacks". Even though things are awful right now, it gives me hope.

This clown started racial divide from day one. He attacked Latinas, Asians and it all exploded after Floyd murder when one of his supporters killed human being live on camera. The way he enjoyed humiliating those people with a smirk on his face broke things lose.
This system been broken for decades.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#453 » by kamaze » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 pm

GTR11 wrote:I was indifferent to this clown but now he's reaching.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's not wrong to be sceptical of Kyrie everyone wants to be a hero but few are genuinely for the cause. I don't fault Kyrie but it's more of an emotional response than a wise one. The money made could be used to help those in need instead of chasing glory. Again this is not a knock on Kyrie my response would be emotional too.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#454 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

i see that ESPN has their coons out in full force today against Kyrie. Stephen A and Jay Williams were also on this bull ****.

Kyrie and Avery Bradley are speaking up for the players who are reluctant to go public that they don't want to play because of they fear backlash:

Adrian Wojnarowski and Malika Andrews report Monday evening that the Nets’ Kyrie Irving and the Lakers’ Avery Bradley have become the leaders of a coalition of players who believe they need to give voice to “fellow players the group believes to be justifiably reluctant to speak for themselves.”

Irving and Bradley, the ESPN reporters write, are “two of a number of veteran players who’ve taken expanded roles in organizing player conference calls in the past week, believe they’re providing a voice for those players who fear retribution if they openly voice their concerns, sources tell ESPN.”

The coalition, they add, wants “a further examination of the NBA’s plan to restart the season in Orlando.”

Moreover, the group supplied Woj and Andrews, who covers the Nets for ESPN, with a statement whose authorship is not specified, but whose content, language and cadence is similar to what Irving has said and written in the past...

“We are a group of men and women from different teams and industries that are normally painted as opponents, but have put our egos and differences aside to make sure we stand united and demand honesty during this uncertain time,” the coalition said.

“Native indigenous African Caribbean men and women entertaining the world, we will continue to use our voices and platforms for positive change and truth.

“We are truly at an inflection point in history where as a collective community, we can band together — UNIFY — and move as one. We need all our people with us and we will stand together in solidarity.

“As an oppressed community we are going on 500-plus years of being systemically targeted, used for our IP [intellectual property]/Talent, and also still being killed by the very people that are supposed to ‘protect and serve’ us.

“WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

“We are combating the issues that matter most: We will not accept the racial injustices that continue to be ignored in our communities. We will not be kept in the dark when it comes to our health and well-being. And we will not ignore the financial motivations/expectations that have prevented us historically from making sound decisions.

“This is not about individual players, athletes or entertainers. This is about our group of strong men and women uniting for change. We have our respective fields, however, we will not just shut up and play to distract us from what this whole system has been about: Use and Abuse.

“We are all fathers, daughters leaders and so much more. So what is our BIG picture? We are in this for UNITY and CHANGE!”

First of all, I agree with the entirety of that statement. Second, note the part that I emphasized. That wording is deliberate and clearly there are some concerns that the players have for their own safety.

And they should be concerned:

Read on Twitter

^you couldn't pay me right now to go to Florida, and I live in NEW JERSEY which was one of the big hot spots for COVID.

There are people who are going to be on the wrong side of this when this moment in time is looked back upon and I can guarantee you it will not be Kyrie Irving. So when clowns like Kendrick start running off at the mouth to step and fetch for his white employers at ESPN, remember it well when the chickens come home to roost and people start getting called out for their bull ****.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#455 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 am

kamaze wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's not wrong to be sceptical of Kyrie everyone wants to be a hero but few are genuinely for the cause. I don't fault Kyrie but it's more of an emotional response than a wise one. The money made could be used to help those in need instead of chasing glory. Again this is not a knock on Kyrie my response would be emotional too.

The fact that you think Irving is "chasing glory" is really off base. He's literally putting his head on the line for others too afraid to speak up.

Kendrick Perkins is a jackass and that was made clear as day on the day when Kobe died and he ran running to twitter to kiss Kevin Durant's ass.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#456 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:33 am

You can be right about someone and be a jackass you know.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#457 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:06 am

kamaze wrote:You can be right about someone and be a jackass you know.

Sometimes I wonder how old are you and if you studied some history ( where you have to take into account economy among other things ). If you'd know some of it I really doubt you came up with that type of response.
- Rich DeVos owns Disney, ESPN and ABC
- MDB made it clear what Kyrie stands for and he's also represents NBAPA.
- you making yourself weak fool when you start things like you said. Most of the time person will know you have no answers when you start crap like that.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#458 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

i see that ESPN has their coons out in full force today against Kyrie. Stephen A and Jay Williams were also on this bull ****.

Kyrie and Avery Bradley are speaking up for the players who are reluctant to go public that they don't want to play because of they fear backlash:

Adrian Wojnarowski and Malika Andrews report Monday evening that the Nets’ Kyrie Irving and the Lakers’ Avery Bradley have become the leaders of a coalition of players who believe they need to give voice to “fellow players the group believes to be justifiably reluctant to speak for themselves.”

Irving and Bradley, the ESPN reporters write, are “two of a number of veteran players who’ve taken expanded roles in organizing player conference calls in the past week, believe they’re providing a voice for those players who fear retribution if they openly voice their concerns, sources tell ESPN.”

The coalition, they add, wants “a further examination of the NBA’s plan to restart the season in Orlando.”

Moreover, the group supplied Woj and Andrews, who covers the Nets for ESPN, with a statement whose authorship is not specified, but whose content, language and cadence is similar to what Irving has said and written in the past...

“We are a group of men and women from different teams and industries that are normally painted as opponents, but have put our egos and differences aside to make sure we stand united and demand honesty during this uncertain time,” the coalition said.

“Native indigenous African Caribbean men and women entertaining the world, we will continue to use our voices and platforms for positive change and truth.

“We are truly at an inflection point in history where as a collective community, we can band together — UNIFY — and move as one. We need all our people with us and we will stand together in solidarity.

“As an oppressed community we are going on 500-plus years of being systemically targeted, used for our IP [intellectual property]/Talent, and also still being killed by the very people that are supposed to ‘protect and serve’ us.

“WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

“We are combating the issues that matter most: We will not accept the racial injustices that continue to be ignored in our communities. We will not be kept in the dark when it comes to our health and well-being. And we will not ignore the financial motivations/expectations that have prevented us historically from making sound decisions.

“This is not about individual players, athletes or entertainers. This is about our group of strong men and women uniting for change. We have our respective fields, however, we will not just shut up and play to distract us from what this whole system has been about: Use and Abuse.

“We are all fathers, daughters leaders and so much more. So what is our BIG picture? We are in this for UNITY and CHANGE!”

First of all, I agree with the entirety of that statement. Second, note the part that I emphasized. That wording is deliberate and clearly there are some concerns that the players have for their own safety.

And they should be concerned:

Read on Twitter

^you couldn't pay me right now to go to Florida, and I live in NEW JERSEY which was one of the big hot spots for COVID.

There are people who are going to be on the wrong side of this when this moment in time is looked back upon and I can guarantee you it will not be Kyrie Irving. So when clowns like Kendrick start running off at the mouth to step and fetch for his white employers at ESPN, remember it well when the chickens come home to roost and people start getting called out for their bull ****.

He's a tool for sure. He has no view and stuff he be saying contradict itself. To me he's finished as a man, you have to have some moral and stand by it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#459 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:38 pm

How on earth is Perkins right in this situation?

Perkins is an employee of the Walt Disney Corporation, which owns ESPN. He is towing the company line here because ESPN is desperate for sports to resume and the NBA in particular since ABC and ESPN have a contract with the league and a vested interest in airing NBA games next month. It's no coincidence that all of a sudden ESPN's on air talent started attempting to discredit Kyrie Irving all at once. They're trying to make him look crazy for speaking the truth.

He's not only wrong, but he is selling out another Black man who is legitimately raising questions about the players playing in the midst of civil racial unrest on behalf of white billionaires.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#460 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:49 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder how old are you and if you studied some history ( where you have to take into account economy among other things ). If you'd know some of it I really doubt you came up with that type of response.
- Rich DeVos owns Disney, ESPN and ABC
- MDB made it clear what Kyrie stands for and he's also represents NBAPA.
- you making yourself weak fool when you start things like you said. Most of the time person will know you have no answers when you start crap like that.

Just a correction, the DeVos family owns Amway Corp and The Orlando Magic, who has various business partnerships with The Walt Disney Corporation:

and yes, The DeVos family is utter scum. Betsy DeVos is Trump's Sec. of Education who has done enormous harm not only in the education system but also to college student loan holders AND female victims of campus rape. Amway is a corporation notorious for it's MLM pyramid scheme which defrauds people on a daily basis.

Return to Brooklyn Nets