Read on Twitter
?s=20

What does a Kuzma extension look like?
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Kyle Kuzma Extension 

Post#2 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Kuzma's extension will be with another team. I don't see us wanting a long term contract as we're still in our "next year" mode looking for a 3rd star. Quite frankly, if I were Kuzma I'd want to go somewhere that wanted me for something other than a 12 shot a game guy off the bench as well. He's never going to be worth more as a trade piece than this offseason.

Now.... to the subject of this post. Why do they get insurance for playing games? Everyone wants to go through life with someone else taking the risks while still reaping all of the benefits it seems.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:56 am

He’s not getting an extension. His next contract will be a fresh new contract once he’s a free agent, he’s not getting his current contract extended.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#4 » by iamworthy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:10 pm

dockingsched wrote:He’s not getting an extension. His next contract will be a fresh new contract once he’s a free agent, he’s not getting his current contract extended.

He won't get extended? Because of he's uneven play, or did I miss something with all the things going on with the NBA?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,410

Post#5 » by Slava » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:33 pm

iamworthy wrote:
dockingsched wrote:He’s not getting an extension. His next contract will be a fresh new contract once he’s a free agent, he’s not getting his current contract extended.

He won't get extended? Because of he's uneven play, or did I miss something with all the things going on with the NBA?

Lakers won't tie up money beyond 2022 when LeBron and Giannis are free agents.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#6 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:00 am

Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

I wish there was a way to get FVV for Kuzma and salary filler.

Would fill the hole in the roster quite nicely, at least until LeBron loses it
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Slava » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:11 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

FVV is looking for a contract in the range of $20M+ a season. Even if LeBron loses it, unless you think he can be the 2nd or 3rd piece of a contending team around AD, he is not in the Lakers' budget.

As soon as they think LeBron is past it, Lakers need to start setting up to pursue a premier perimeter player of the caliber of Beal.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#8 » by iamworthy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Got it. They're going to let him hit restricted free agency.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#9 » by Spens1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 pm

S&T to be honest. I don't see him being a viable long term solution here. I wonder if we can talk our way to maybe a guy like Markannen or just a youngish 3&D guy or even a decent P.G (anything that gets Rondo less playing time).
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:47 am

Slava wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Slava wrote:

FVV is looking for a contract in the range of $20M+ a season. Even if LeBron loses it, unless you think he can be the 2nd or 3rd piece of a contending team around AD, he is not in the Lakers' budget.

As soon as they think LeBron is past it, Lakers need to start setting up to pursue a premier perimeter player of the caliber of Beal.

Yeh, I don't think we got enough to even come close to a Beal level player.

Perhaps if he said he wasn't re-signing and tried to force, then ok, we might be able to low ball, but even then, they'd probably Paul George/Kawhi Leonard them to another team just to piss them off
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Slava » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:46 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Slava wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

Perhaps if he said he wasn't re-signing and tried to force, then ok, we might be able to low ball, but even then, they'd probably Paul George/Kawhi Leonard them to another team just to piss them off

Of course not the trade assets but having a clean cap sheet to pursue them in free agency with AD in tow.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 am

Slava wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Slava wrote:

Of course not the trade assets but having a clean cap sheet to pursue them in free agency with AD in tow.

I bet we extend LeBron instead
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#13 » by whitelight » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Slava wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

I bet we extend LeBron instead

I am a little worried about that because remember Father Time always wins and we can't have money tied up to an aging LeBron.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#14 » by Landsberger » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:39 am

FVV looks like fools gold to me. Let someone else toss $20+ million at him. I want to see him do what he's been doing in a different system before I'm a believer.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#15 » by PKABOOICU » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:17 pm

He's gone after his rookie contract. Dont really need him on this team, and he's not a real 3rd option on a contender. More like 5th.
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#16 » by zuju » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:01 am

Maybe if Kuz can shoot the lights out in the upcoming playoffs as he did in the 2nd scrimmage game, we can get something valuable from him in a S&T
Maybe a first round pick plus a 3&D guy on rookie contract (e.g. mikal bridges)?
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#17 » by whitelight » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:34 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:He's gone after his rookie contract. Dont really need him on this team, and he's not a real 3rd option on a contender. More like 5th.

And we still won't be able to get one because we can't afford if our cap is eaten up.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#18 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:05 am

Kuz needs to light up these playoffs to show. If that is done he can place himself in a great leveraged position either way.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#19 » by chefy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:18 pm

he's gonna have to play like prime scottie pippen

Return to Los Angeles Lakers