Ja(d)en McDaniels

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Re: Ja(d)en McDaniels 

Post#101 » by tidho » Tue Jun 2, 2020 7:27 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:[b]2019-20 stats: 13.0 points (40.5 percent FG, 33.9 percent 3p, 76.3 percent FT), 5.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 blocks.

There really is a path forward in those numbers when you consider his size and athleticism. He has work to do, but his shot form is not broken. Give him a +3pp boost to each of those shooting %'s (far more is being assumed for a couple guys that legitimately do have broken shots) and you're looking at a productive rotation player with upside beyond that.
Dollop
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#102 » by Dollop » Wed Jun 3, 2020 1:14 am

Was really low on him but then I heard he doesn’t like to go clubbing.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#103 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 3, 2020 1:38 am

Dollop wrote:Was really low on him but then I heard he doesn’t like to go clubbing.

:lol:
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#104 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Wed Jun 3, 2020 2:29 am

kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#105 » by kobyz » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:53 am

Tim Thomas/Kelly Oubre type
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,461

Post#106 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Jun 6, 2020 3:08 pm

kobyz wrote:Tim Thomas/Kelly Oubre type

YES!!! I have been saying this too. For me personally though, There are potentially 2 Kelly Oubre clones in this draft:

Jalen McDaniels, And Elijah Hughes.
http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=elijah-hughes--jaden-mcdaniels--kelly-oubre

Although I would say that to me, I see the stark similarities in terms of fluidity, versatility, athleticism and attitude (* bravado).

And Jaden McDaniels is like a longer/ more lanky mix of Oubre/ Jonathan Isaac potentially.

I've been proposing looking at Jaden McDaniels or Elijah Hughes in a trade back scenario as a potential replacement for Oubre should we expect to lose him in free agency. So I think he could have that kind of comparable fit in Phoenix. :dontknow:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Jaden McDaniels receives His McDonald's All American Jersey 

Post#107 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Tue Jun 9, 2020 9:01 am

Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892837-the-riskiest-potential-lottery-picks-in-the-2020-nba-draft

The idea of Jaden McDaniels is enticing. A 6'9" wing/forward with a guard's skill set suggests mismatch potential and versatility.

But despite his flashy highlights, he's far away from being able to efficiently execute his preferred style of offense at the NBA level. And he lacks a degree of functional athleticism for generating easy baskets when his shot isn't falling.

McDaniels shot only 40.5 percent from the floor and 44.5 percent inside the arc this season. He was 5-of-20 out of isolation. His 20.4 turnover percentage was sky high. He led Washington in usage and finished with the sixth-lowest box score plus-minus among seven Husky rotation players (minimum 20.0 minutes per game).

His shooting will be critical early on as a pro, and NBA teams can have some level of confidence in his jumper. He did make 39.4 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts and 1.4 threes per game (33.9 percent). But McDaniels graded in the 46th percentile out of spot-ups and 35th percentile off screens, and coaches looking for off-ball shot-makers should have better three-and-D options to choose from in the draft or off their bench.

McDaniels has upside thanks to his positional height, ability to create and hit tough shots from the mid-range and three. But he also has bust potential, as he lacks any translatable strength to bank on.

Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#108 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:05 am

2020 Scouting Jaden McDaniels Has Top 5 Potential: 1st Half vs Baylor

2020 Scouting Jaden McDaniels Has Top 5 Potential: 2nd Half vs Baylor

Matthew Loves Ball: Washington vs Baylor 2019 Basketball Game Recap
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#109 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Bleacher Report has Jaden going to Brooklyn at #20 in their latest mock draft (Jun 12). Imagine him getting to learn directly from KD a player that he has been compared to. I don't think he will still be on the board at #20 but learning from KD would be a plus for Jaden if it happens.

Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895805-nba-mock-draft-2020-predictions-for-aaron-nesmith-and-best-shooters-in-class

20. Brooklyn Nets (via Philadelphia 76ers): Jaden McDaniels, SF/PF, Washington

Jaden McDaniels NBA Lottery Pick Has The Most Upside In The DRAFT!
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#111 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 am

getrichordie
General Manager

Post#112 » by getrichordie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:34 am

You have already posted these videos. Chill out, dude.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#113 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 am

getrichordie wrote:You have already posted these videos. Chill out, dude.

No, I haven't, buddy. :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

Those 2 new videos that I posted of Jaden were just uploaded onto YouTube today, pal. :nod: :nod:

I believe that it is in fact you that needs to chill out, fella. :bowdown: :bowdown:

I accept your apology in advance, friend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#114 » by getrichordie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:02 am

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:

Those 2 new videos that I posted of Jaden were just uploaded onto YouTube today, pal. :nod: :nod:

I believe that it is in fact you that needs to chill out, fella. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bro, all you do is bump threads that no one is reading anymore. You aren't adding anything of substance. If people wanted to see Jalen McDaniels' videos, they would just go to YouTube.

What you are doing is overkill. It's absolutely unnecessary.

In fact, I'm surprised you haven't started sounding the horn on Corey Kispert who is a Washington-based prospect.

You consistently copy and paste your same Isaiah Stewart half-assed sales pitch and subsequent video in my recent consensus big board polls.

You aren't providing anything of substance to this community and you even overuse emojis which is annoying as crap.

Either start learning, be objective, and stop being a waste of space or find something better to do with your life.

At this point, I'm convinced you are just a 15 year old kid who lives in Washington who just learned how to use a computer.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#115 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:17 am

getrichordie wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:

Bro, all you do is bump threads that no one is reading anymore. You aren't adding anything of substance. If people wanted to see Jalen McDaniels' videos, they would just go to YouTube.

What you are doing is overkill. It's absolutely unnecessary.

In fact, I'm surprised you haven't started sounding the horn on Corey Kispert who is a Washington-based prospect.

You consistently copy and paste your same Isaiah Stewart half-assed sales pitch and subsequent video in my recent consensus big board polls.

You aren't providing anything of substance to this community and you even overuse emojis which is annoying as crap.

Either start learning, be objective, and stop being a waste of space or find something better to do with your life.

At this point, I'm convinced you are just a 15 year old kid who lives in Washington who just learned how to use a computer.

You sound a lot like a bitter old maid, buddy. :laugh: :laugh:

This isn't your forum, you don't get to dictate how people should post & what people should post about, fella. :crazy: :crazy:

The views on this thread go up on a daily basis so some people are checking it out- believe it or not, chum. :winkgrin: :winkgrin:

I could care less concerning what you think about me- really now, partner. :talkhand: :talkhand:

In all seriousness I highly suggest that you get checked out for an obsessive–compulsive disorder ASAP, pal. :meditate: :meditate:

Have a good evening, friend. :rofl2:
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#116 » by tidho » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:19 pm

So much ability, but when the first 1:30 of his 'strengths' compilation is him hitting shots he shouldn't have taken it really highlights how important shot selection will be to his development.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#117 » by Monix » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 pm

I wouldn't draft this dude, he needs so much work...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#118 » by LofJ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 pm

If Jaden McDaniels is the future star that Sir Swish a Lot thinks he is, he has to also have a high opinion of his brother Jalen. They have the same body and a similar skillset, of which the most bankable are their jumpshots and ball handling ability for their size. Jalen was actually pretty good for the Hornets this year when playing time opened up for him after Marvin Williams and MKG were bought out.

So what do you think of Jalen McDaniels Sir Swish A Lot? Does his success in Charlotte strengthen your argument that his younger, more heralded brother is being massively overlooked?
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#119 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 am

Monix wrote:I wouldn't draft this dude, he needs so much work...

He has enough time going into the pre-draft process to do some serious work on his body. Lets see how he uses the summer.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#120 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

I love JMac because he is such an interesting player. His biggest strength is is versatility. I think he can play all five position in a small ball line up (especially if he bulks up). If he can get drafted by a smart and inventive coach like Pops or DAntoni that will play him in the post for a minutes , and then PG for another set of minutes, i think he can not only be a deadly weapon, but a possible All Star, like a rich man's or way more athletic Hedo.

Return to NBA Draft