ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,029

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#621 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Jun 9, 2020 7:06 am

RookieStar wrote:^^^ Is that like a subway?

Bodega's are like corner stores.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#622 » by Tarheel » Tue Jun 9, 2020 8:55 am

Def Swami wrote:Checking in on Isaiah Briscoe
Read on Twitter

Surprised he didn't carve out a role somewhere. I really liked his play when we made our stretch run last year. Maybe his injury was worse than I thought.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#623 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 9, 2020 9:16 am

The Real Dalic wrote:

Soooo... 7-11?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#624 » by Knightro » Tue Jun 9, 2020 11:41 am

RookieStar wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

Soooo... 7-11?

Kind of, but not exactly.

A Bodega is an independently owned (typically family owned) type of convenience store that doesn’t sell gas.

They almost always exist in residential areas of urban cities.

As far as what items they sell, it’s similar to a 7-11 or Wawa, yes. But overall it’s a much more hyper localized thing.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#625 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 9, 2020 1:56 pm

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Bodega's are like corner stores.

Soooo... 7-11?

Kind of, but not exactly.

A Bodega is an independently owned (typically family owned) type of convenience store that doesn’t sell gas.

They almost always exist in residential areas of urban cities.

As far as what items they sell, it’s similar to a 7-11 or Wawa, yes. But overall it’s a much more hyper localized thing.

When I visited Brooklyn it was nice having those. Felt like there was always 1 within a block, didn’t have to worry about driving. And didn’t always have the same generic 711 stuff.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#626 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Did any of you get the NBA survey by email the other day? Going through that made me think there's no way we have in-person basketball until the 2021-22 season.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#627 » by SOUL » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:12 am

Read on Twitter
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#628 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 am

SOUL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I remember that. JJ also has one dunk in his Magic career that I haven't seen since.

*Petty Complaint: They had to sneak a Vuc highlight in there didn't they?
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#629 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Just curious can anyone think of two worse messengers for the no bubble social justice stance than Kyrie and Dwight?
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#630 » by 3ddman23 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:19 pm

SOUL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jameer should have 100% finished and played his entire career with the magic. There was no reason why he should have left after 10 years but I understand where we were as a franchise it properly wasn't the right timing to bring him back when we had elf coming in and still where tanking. So he didn't really fit at the moment. But if he played his whole career here I think he would have been the first magic player to have his jersey retired by the organization.
GO MAGIC
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#631 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Did any of you get the NBA survey by email the other day? Going through that made me think there's no way we have in-person basketball until the 2021-22 season.

It's not happening. Not without a vaccine. You might see it from other sports (wrongly), but the NBA can retain enough revenue without having in-arena money coming in for at least another season. Is it worth having one-third in-arena attendance considering the added safety costs of providing PPE to fans and staffers while still worrying about everyone (including players/coaches health)? Probably not.

That's why this Disney World plan has to work, because it's likely they'll have to do a version of this again for the '20-'21 campaign.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#632 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Did any of you get the NBA survey by email the other day? Going through that made me think there's no way we have in-person basketball until the 2021-22 season.

It's not happening. Not without a vaccine. You might see it from other sports (wrongly), but the NBA can retain enough revenue without having in-arena money coming in for at least another season. Is it worth having one-third in-arena attendance considering the added safety costs of providing PPE to fans and staffers while still worrying about everyone (including players/coaches health)? Probably not.

That's why this Disney World plan has to work, because it's likely they'll have to do a version of this again for the '20-'21 campaign.

I agree... that is why I really don't understand those who says to just scrap the Disney plan and wait.. a few months for a news season? Do they really think Corona will just magically disappear? So yeah.. Disney has to work because I have a feeling that the 1st half of next season will be somewhat similar to what we will do in Disney.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#633 » by drsd » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:22 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:

The owners can survive a year without in-fan games. The players can "survive" a probably 40-% pay-cut in that scenario.
(( even this scenario has the very lowest paid NBA baller still making North of 500k for the year; that is a Lot of green ! ))

But cities will be crippled by loss of rental income on arenas, and local restaurants/pubs, and the Hotdog vendor will really be screwed.

Frankly, it is hard to see how the people behind this counter will be able to survive without in-fan games:

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#634 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:07 am

Corona isn’t fair, the league, Disney, and TV are trying to do what is POSSIBLE for the economic benefit of as many parties as possible. IMO, players should be grateful to have an opportunity to earn, even with significant restrictions, while hot dog guys sit home wondering what’s next. I hope the players respect one another’s families enough to “respect the bubble” so it doesn’t turn into a tragic experiment...I’m sure the many Khem Birch’s in the league appreciate the opportunity to keep working (and help the league and the TV guys and the Disney guys, not to mention the fans) even if Dwight Howard types don’t...there should be some understanding that the NBA is the most players-first pro league and Silver and Stern (while they work for the owners (just like players)) are very progressive in their respect for players rights as individuals. Sometimes, employees who appreciate their employers (even if they command tremendous individual leverage/influence) can recognize that actions that preserve and strengthen the company are necessary in a troubled time. The stars of the NBA could do a lot of good for their legacy by pitching in and policing their guys to ensure the NBA gravy train prospers for everyone...that’s not even touching on the emotional fan love/appreciation discussion.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#635 » by cedric76 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:59 am

Forget this season

Start fresh in October (in Disney or not)
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
drsd
RealGM

Post#636 » by drsd » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:20 am

cedric76 wrote:WIN THE TITLE this season

Start fresh in October (in Disney or not)

fixed,
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#637 » by nymets1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Anybody that want's to play basketball at an outdoor park, I got a good one for you all. Wes Crile park in Deltona. That's got to be one of the best outdoor parks I have ever been to, perhaps the best. They have an indoor basketball gym that's not open yet but that will re open July 6th or July 7th one of the employees at Wes Crile Park just told me that today. They have 2 full outdoor basketball courts which work and people really show up there, but when you play anywhere between 10 am to 5pm outdoors, it's hot. I played there Wednesday from 5pm to closing and there was at least 40 people there for basketball, people really show up there especially 5 pm and after.

When Wes Crile park re-opens this indoor basketball gym on July 6th or July 7th, I think this clearly makes Wes Crile park the best park out there.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
drsd
RealGM

Post#638 » by drsd » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 pm

The coaches' dress code in the Bubble will resemble FIBA. That is this look:

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#639 » by j-ragg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm

The Ringer did their top 5 coaches and GMs

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/6/19/21296361/nba-top-5-executives-masai-ujiri-daryl-morey-danny-ainge
Spoiler:
5. Lawrence Frank
4. Sam Presti
3. Danny Ainge
2. Daryl Morey
1. Masai Ujiri

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/6/18/21295166/top-5-nba-coaches-nick-nurse
Spoiler:
5. Brad Stevens
4. Rick Carlisle
3. Pop
2. Spo
1. Nick Nurse

Interesting. Toronto clearly the premier franchise along with the Celtics going by this.

I wonder where ours would be ranked in each category? I'd have to think Cliff would be much higher on the lists than WeltHam.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#640 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:40 pm

I feel like this gu reads my mind!

great watch!!!

Return to Orlando Magic