Wilt footage

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Re: Wilt footage 

Post#21 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm

I got a response from jay yes yes 70's fan we are getting closer.
Yes, I am so happy the Nba has responded to me and Jay rizick who is the Footage Licensing Lead of the NBA and is the guy I have been chasing is going to talk to me about Wilt I am one step closer to getting the new footage of Wilt. i will be on the phone with him tomorrow now everyone please give your lists of Wilt's games you want to see so I can talk to him about the games.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,353

Post#22 » by D.Brasco » Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 pm

I don't understand why the NBA would have withheld this footage? They've released quite a few Wilt tribute videos but they seem to use the same footage all the time.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#23 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Just got from off the phone with Jay it would be quite expensive for me to get the Wilt footage but they are getting a person to look into the NBA archive for me and will give it to me once they get the games Jay is a lovely guy and very nice and the NBA has been very kind to me.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,505

Post#24 » by 70sFan » Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:Just got from off the phone with Jay it would be quite expensive for me to get the Wilt footage but they are getting a person to look into the NBA archive for me and will give it to me once they get the games Jay is a lovely guy and very nice and the NBA has been very kind to me.

That's great news! It's so cool that someone finally found contact to their archive, because usually contact guys don't give much information, you did an amazing job :)

Do you know how much would it cost? Did he tell you specific numbers? I know from my experience that transfering films is very expensive. If the cost is similar to what I've experienced, I think that we'll be able to get these games.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#25 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:00 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:Just got from off the phone with Jay it would be quite expensive for me to get the Wilt footage but they are getting a person to look into the NBA archive for me and will give it to me once they get the games Jay is a lovely guy and very nice and the NBA has been very kind to me.

That's great news! It's so cool that someone finally found contact to their archive, because usually contact guys don't give much information, you did an amazing job :)

Do you know how much would it cost? Did he tell you specific numbers? I know from my experience that transfering films is very expensive. If the cost is similar to what I've experienced, I think that we'll be able to get these games.

Jay did not tell me how much it would cost but that I would have to pay for people looking into the archive for me about Wilt and getting the footage from them. I am thinking about calling him and getting more information from his higher-ups and giving a large offer to get all of Wilt's footage that the NBA has of him in their archives. I am very well aware that could cost me heaps of money but I want to see how much I would have to pay to get the NBA to give everything they have of Wilt to me.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#26 » by 70sFan » Thu May 28, 2020 2:54 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:

Jay did not tell me how much it would cost but that I would have to pay for people looking into the archive for me about Wilt and getting the footage from them. I am thinking about calling him and getting more information from his higher-ups and giving a large offer to get all of Wilt's footage that the NBA has of him in their archives. I am very well aware that could cost me heaps of money but I want to see how much I would have to pay to get the NBA to give everything they have of Wilt to me.

It would probably cost a lot, although it all depends on how much they have digitized already. It would be amazing if that's possible, although I'm trying to stay realistic, any game would be a huge win for us. Keep doing your job and updating us with news. :)
70sFan
RealGM

Post#27 » by 70sFan » Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Any news? Did they respond to your request?
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#28 » by ZeppelinPage » Fri May 29, 2020 9:16 pm

I'd love to have some footage of early 62 or 63 Wilt before the minutes started to pile up.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#29 » by coastalmarker99 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:33 am

70sFan wrote:Any news? Did they respond to your request?

I am still waiting for news they are still looking into the archive I am assuming about Wilt footage they said they would look into it and get back to me soon.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#30 » by 70sFan » Sat May 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Good to know. I wonder how much they'll be willing to give you and how much money you'll need for that. It would be fascinating to watch full games and analyze what prime Chamberlain did on basketball court on regular basis. I've seen enough games from 1971-72 season for example to know his tendencies, strengths and weaknesses very well. Doing the same with some seasons from 1960-69 period could be eye-oppening.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#31 » by 70sFan » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:03 pm

I decided to bump this thread due to yesterday's sad news (RIP Wes Unseld). I wonder, do NBA archives still work? They didn't make even a short memorial video for big Wes like they usually do even with lesser known players. Do you have any information from them coastalmaker?
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#32 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:38 am

70sFan wrote:I decided to bump this thread due to yesterday's sad news (RIP Wes Unseld). I wonder, do NBA archives still work? They didn't make even a short memorial video for big Wes like they usually do even with lesser known players. Do you have any information from them coastalmaker?

70's fan they still work I got an email back from them for the Wilt footage saying this I’ve been asked to find out if you have had any contact/approval from Wilt’s family for Wilt's footage Thanks.

I have been in contact with Wilt's nephew Oliver chamberlain and I think I might be able to get his permission about the Wilt footage so we shall see 70's fan I am going to give him a call today I emailed him today as well.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#33 » by 70sFan » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:45 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:I decided to bump this thread due to yesterday's sad news (RIP Wes Unseld). I wonder, do NBA archives still work? They didn't make even a short memorial video for big Wes like they usually do even with lesser known players. Do you have any information from them coastalmaker?

70's fan they still work I got an email back from them for the Wilt footage saying this I’ve been asked to find out if you have had any contact/approval from Wilt’s family for Wilt's footage Thanks.

I have been in contact with Wilt's nephew Oliver chamberlain and I think I might be able to get his permission about the Wilt footage so we shall see 70's fan I am going to give him a call today I emailed him today as well.

Interesting, it's strange that they want a family permission from you, isn't it? Who cares though, as long as you'll be able to get games from them I don't care about their procedures.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#34 » by 70sFan » Mon Jun 8, 2020 7:05 am

I don't want to be that intrusive guy, but do we have any news? :)
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#35 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:17 pm

i am just going to update people on how my quest for Wilt footage is going the price for the Wilt footage that I am getting from the Nba is 6k which is not as expensive as I thought it would be. Through I have to pay it upfront which I am fine with.

After this, I may get even more games of Wilt as a 76er and Warrior i know 70's fan would like that a lot especially the warriors part.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#36 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 pm

70's fan after I get this footage what do you want me to get footage of next 76er's Wilt or warriors Wilt. and the same applies to any other members of this board I am interested to see what people would want me to get next out of those two options.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#37 » by 70sFan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:45 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:70's fan after I get this footage what do you want me to get footage of next 76er's Wilt or warriors Wilt. and the same applies to any other members of this board I am interested to see what people would want me to get next out of those two options.

I think that I'd like to see what you'll get at first. If they give you even half of what you wanted, it's still a large collection of footage.

That said, anything from 1960 ECF, 1962 ECF, 1964 WCF and 1965-68 ECFs would be amazing. Some random RS games with Wilt high scoring performances would be spectacular too. I'd also like to see why 1961 Warriors underperformed so much against Syracuse.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#38 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:50 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:70's fan after I get this footage what do you want me to get footage of next 76er's Wilt or warriors Wilt. and the same applies to any other members of this board I am interested to see what people would want me to get next out of those two options.

I think that I'd like to see what you'll get at first. If they give you even half of what you wanted, it's still a large collection of footage.

That said, anything from 1960 ECF, 1962 ECF, 1964 WCF and 1965-68 ECFs would be amazing. Some random RS games with Wilt high scoring performances would be spectacular too. I'd also like to see why 1961 Warriors underperformed so much against Syracuse.

Indeed 70's fan and good news they have footage of Wilt in the 1967 Ecf such as games 1 2 and 3 along with game 5 and also footage of him in the 1968 Ecf and the 1965 Ecf game 7 along with more games of that series.

I was thinking about after this asking for most of Wilt's high scoring regular season performances there is not much footage of Wilt in his scoring days and to see him in his prime as a scorer would be great.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#39 » by 70sFan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:56 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:

Indeed 70's fan and good news they have footage of Wilt in the 1967 Ecf such as games 1 2 and 3 along with game 5 and also footage of him in the 1968 Ecf and the 1965 Ecf game 7 along with more games of that series.

I was thinking about after this asking for most of Wilt's high scoring regular season performances there is not much footage of Wilt in his scoring days and to see him in his prime as a scorer would be great.

Well, having full 73 points performance against Knicks alone would be great. I also have clips from Wilt's career high against Russell, so maybe they have full game. I'd also like to see his career high against Thurmond (GOAT defender). For more random RS games, first game between Jabbar and Wilt would also be special. So would be first Wilt and Russell matchup - Bill supposedly shut Wilt down which made Chamberlain working harder on his game.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,196

Post#40 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:The Nba office made me leave a message for a man called Jay rivick he gets the final say on the Wilt footage. I was unlucky that he was not at his desk as he could have picked up my phone call so that we could have talked to each other about Wilt :banghead:

it is frustrating but the reward is worth it especially for people like 70's fan who work really hard at getting Wilt footage if I can get more Wilt footage then the entire basketball community benefits from it.

So you are waiting for reply from Jay Rivick now, right? As I said you before, anything with Wilt would be amazing to watch. I'm especially interested in 1971 WCF and 1972 Finals among Lakers games. Of course Sixers or Warriors footage could be even better.

Do you know if they have anything from 1964 WCF against Hawks?

Thanks for doing this! This is is a random request, but is there any footage of Bob Cousy on the Royals? He barely played and was obviously a shell of himself, but I've never even been able to find a proper photo of him in uniform.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Player Comparisons