Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,471

Re: Wilt footage 

Post#41 » by 70sFan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:10 am

HomoSapien wrote:
70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:The Nba office made me leave a message for a man called Jay rivick he gets the final say on the Wilt footage. I was unlucky that he was not at his desk as he could have picked up my phone call so that we could have talked to each other about Wilt :banghead:

it is frustrating but the reward is worth it especially for people like 70's fan who work really hard at getting Wilt footage if I can get more Wilt footage then the entire basketball community benefits from it.

So you are waiting for reply from Jay Rivick now, right? As I said you before, anything with Wilt would be amazing to watch. I'm especially interested in 1971 WCF and 1972 Finals among Lakers games. Of course Sixers or Warriors footage could be even better.

Do you know if they have anything from 1964 WCF against Hawks?

Thanks for doing this! This is is a random request, but is there any footage of Bob Cousy on the Royals? He barely played and was obviously a shell of himself, but I've never even been able to find a proper photo of him in uniform.

I'm not sure if there is any, but I'll try to find something.
CavaliersFTW
Junior
And1: 435

Post#42 » by CavaliersFTW » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:17 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:The Nba office made me leave a message for a man called Jay rivick he gets the final say on the Wilt footage. I was unlucky that he was not at his desk as he could have picked up my phone call so that we could have talked to each other about Wilt :banghead:

it is frustrating but the reward is worth it especially for people like 70's fan who work really hard at getting Wilt footage if I can get more Wilt footage then the entire basketball community benefits from it.

So you are waiting for reply from Jay Rivick now, right? As I said you before, anything with Wilt would be amazing to watch. I'm especially interested in 1971 WCF and 1972 Finals among Lakers games. Of course Sixers or Warriors footage could be even better.

Thanks for doing this! This is is a random request, but is there any footage of Bob Cousy on the Royals? He barely played and was obviously a shell of himself, but I've never even been able to find a proper photo of him in uniform.

Here you go
coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Post#43 » by coastalmarker99 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:08 pm

CavaliersFTW wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
70sFan wrote:So you are waiting for reply from Jay Rivick now, right? As I said you before, anything with Wilt would be amazing to watch. I'm especially interested in 1971 WCF and 1972 Finals among Lakers games. Of course Sixers or Warriors footage could be even better.

Here you go

Wow that is amazing how you managed to get that Wca I thought nothing existed of bob as a royal.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#44 » by 70sFan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:06 pm

CavaliersFTW wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
70sFan wrote:So you are waiting for reply from Jay Rivick now, right? As I said you before, anything with Wilt would be amazing to watch. I'm especially interested in 1971 WCF and 1972 Finals among Lakers games. Of course Sixers or Warriors footage could be even better.

Here you go

Good to have you here, I completely forgot about this footage.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#45 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:10 pm

CavaliersFTW wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Here you go

This is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing! I've never seen any footage or photographs of this and was always so curious of it. It's interesting... physically he still looks so much like prime Cousy that it's hard to imagine him being a shell of himself. I really appreciate the share. Do you mind if I share this on the General Board?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
CavaliersFTW
Junior
And1: 435

Post#46 » by CavaliersFTW » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
CavaliersFTW wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Here you go

This is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing! I've never seen any footage or photographs of this and was always so curious of it. It's interesting... physically he still looks so much like prime Cousy that it's hard to imagine him being a shell of himself. I really appreciate the share. Do you mind if I share this on the General Board?

Go for it - it obviously doesn't show him making any plays but it's proof he did briefly lace it up again in his 40's
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#47 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:17 am

CavaliersFTW wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
CavaliersFTW wrote:

Here you go

Go for it - it obviously doesn't show him making any plays but it's proof he did briefly lace it up again in his 40's

Thanks again for posting this. I don't know why I'm fascinated by things likes this, but I've literally been looking for footage on this for over a decade. Really appreciate you finding and uploading it.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#48 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 am

70's fan has enquired with Russell's pr manager about hopefully getting footage of Russell and I think we both have a good chance of getting footage of him from the Nba vault and I have a massive shot of getting footage of Baylor in his prime before his knee injury in 1965 as we have communicated with his daughter about getting permission from her to get footage of him as well.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#49 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:06 pm

I just got off the phone with Russell's manager and that was a very awkward phone call through I did learn that there are 10 projects currently in the works about Mr Russell. The manager wanted me to explain the benefits to Russell if I was given permission to get his footage from the Nba archive such as compensation for Russell and other stuff.

70's fan can you please explain to me the possible benefits that Bill Russell can get out of me getting footage of him from the Nba archive as I offered to give Russell all the footage of him in his prime that I could get from the Nba and Russell's manager said that Russell is happy with the current footage he has of himself and no thank you.

And also 70's fan why do you want Bill Russell footage can you give me reasons as it can help me out a great deal when I speak to the Nba about this as I have to get them to contact Mr Russell's manager about this before this project of ours can hopefully get off the ground. I have to say though it is looking grim for getting Russell footage as Russell's manager said no disrespect but why should I care about this I might switch 70's fan to getting Baylor footage from the Nba and contacting WCA for help with that as we already have contacts with Baylor daughter and maybe Baylor's other family members and that could help us out more.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#50 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:21 pm

I am going to call NBC archives today about getting a list of all the footage they have of Wilt when he played as I want to see how much footage they currently have of him sitting in their archives and if I get a response from them about that I will message you about that.

70's fan I know they have the footage of this list of things from the '60s and '70s starting from

5112401185_s01 = "1-2-3-GO!" A Celtics basketball film from January of 1961

5112402660_s12 = Maurice Stokes benefit game from August 1965

5112402705_s09 = Red Holzman Knicks interview from September 1965

5112491016_s01 = Wilt Chamberlain boxing interview from February 1966

5112497637_s01 = Wilt Chamberlain 1968 NBA All Star Game Interview

5112498117_s01 = Wilt Chamberlain 25,000th point February 1968

5112461481_s01 = George Plimpton with the Boston Celtics October 1968

5112461583_s01 = Knicks Scrimmage and Red Holzman October 1969

5112462933_s01 = 1969 NBA All Star Game

5112463444_s01 = Knicks vs Suns February 1969

5112464389_s01 = Knicks vs Celtics April 1969

5112464410_s01 = Knicks vs Celtics April 1969

5112464758_s01 = Lakers vs Celtics May 1969

5112466974_s01 = Bob Cousy Player/Coach interview in November 1969 as a royal

5112469442_s01 = Pete Maravich first practice June 1970

5112471744_s01 = Spencer Haywood January 1971

5112473032_s01 = Wilt vs Atlanta Hawks May 1971

And hopefully, they have more footage of these two eras and of Wilt available for us to get money is not the problem waiting is I am just frustrated with waiting for the archives to open back up because of COVID 19 they had to close and it has affected you and me from getting footage more quickly.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#51 » by 70sFan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:24 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:I just got off the phone with Russell's manager and that was a very awkward phone call through I did learn that there are 10 projects currently in the works about Mr Russell. The manager wanted me to explain the benefits to Russell if I was given permission to get his footage from the Nba archive such as compensation for Russell and other stuff.

70's fan can you please explain to me the possible benefits that Bill Russell can get out of me getting footage of him from the Nba archive as I offered to give Russell all the footage of him in his prime that I could get from the Nba and Russell's manager said that Russell is happy with the current footage he has of himself and no thank you.

And also 70's fan why do you want Bill Russell footage can you give me reasons as it can help me out a great deal when I speak to the Nba about this as I have to get them to contact Mr Russell's manager about this before this project of ours can hopefully get off the ground. I have to say though it is looking grim for getting Russell footage as Russell's manager said no disrespect but why should I care about this I might switch 70's fan to getting Baylor footage from the Nba and contacting WCA for help with that as we already have contacts with Baylor daughter and maybe Baylor's other family members and that could help us out more.

Well, then I see no reason to ask for more from Mr Russell. If he doesn't want it, then a shame but we have to accept it. We could try with Elgin Baylor footage, to be honest I just want to get some new games from 1960s and it's not that important for me from which player we will choose. If you believe that there is higher possiblity of getting Elgin Baylor's games, then let's leave Russell alone.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#52 » by 70sFan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:31 pm

We could try to get huge scoring duel between Baylor and Wilt. Wasn't it the biggest scoring duel in NBA history?
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#53 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:32 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:I just got off the phone with Russell's manager and that was a very awkward phone call through I did learn that there are 10 projects currently in the works about Mr Russell. The manager wanted me to explain the benefits to Russell if I was given permission to get his footage from the Nba archive such as compensation for Russell and other stuff.

Well, then I see no reason to ask for more from Mr Russell. If he doesn't want it, then a shame but we have to accept it. We could try with Elgin Baylor footage, to be honest, I just want to get some new games from the 1960s and it's not that important for me from which player we will choose. If you believe that there is a higher possibility of getting Elgin Baylor's games, then let's leave Russell alone.

I would say there is a great chance we can get Baylor games as Wca has a great relationship with the Baylor family and he has a contact with Baylor's daughter could you give him a message from me asking if Baylor's daughter has replied to his message yet as that would be very helpful for me. I could also contact oscar's manager to see if could possibly get permission from him to get footage of oscar for educational purposes.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#54 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:37 pm

70sFan wrote:We could try to get huge scoring duel between Baylor and Wilt. Wasn't it the biggest scoring duel in NBA history?

Which game are you talking about is it the one where Wilt scored 78 points and grabbed 43 rebounds and Baylor scored 60 I think that game was crazy and I am sure that some footage of it exists somewhere in a vault and I might be able to get footage of that game hopefully.

And with Baylor footage, we would be able to get games of Lakers vs Celtics from the '60s which could show us, Russell, in his prime along with Baylor and it is the same for lakers vs warriors and sixers with Wilt as we could also get footage of him in his prime and maybe even footage of oscar and the royals against the lakers.

so in total if we can get Baylor footage we would be able to see prime oscar and west along with Wilt and Russell and maybe bob which would be great.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#55 » by 70sFan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:48 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:We could try to get huge scoring duel between Baylor and Wilt. Wasn't it the biggest scoring duel in NBA history?

Which game are you talking about is it the one where Wilt scored 78 points and grabbed 43 rebounds and Baylor scored 60 I think that game was crazy and I am sure that some footage of it exists somewhere in a vault and I might be able to get footage of that game hopefully.

And with Baylor footage, we would be able to get games of Lakers vs Celtics from the '60s which could show us, Russell, in his prime along with Baylor and it is the same for lakers vs warriors and sixers with Wilt as we could also get footage of him in his prime and maybe even footage of oscar and the royals against the lakers.

so in total if we can get Baylor footage we would be able to see prime oscar and west along with Wilt and Russell and maybe bob which would be great.

Yeah, that is the game I was talking about. That was also my thought - we could get a lot of footage from all relevant teams as long as we'll get some Lakers games.

I will send a message for Dan with question later.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#56 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Yeah, that is the game I was talking about. That was also my thought - we could get a lot of footage from all relevant teams as long as we'll get some Lakers games.

I will send a message for Dan with question later.

Thanks, 70's fan you are the best man I hope you have a great day man and i might be able to get the footage in another way do you know how the lakers and Celtics had role players I could request footage and games of those role players lol against certain teams for example Satch Sanders against the lakers and sixers and royals and hawks. :lol:
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,346

Post#57 » by Doctor MJ » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Just wanted to say i think it's awesome y'all are going after footage so tenaciously. The whole basketball world benefits from this.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#58 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 am

Doctor MJ wrote:Just wanted to say i think it's awesome y'all are going after footage so tenaciously. The whole basketball world benefits from this.

its no problem man I and 70's fan are very eager to share the footage that we can get to everyone as it can change people views on players and eras. I am mainly a Wilt fan and I am trying to get all of his footage of him in his prime as i think a lot of people thoughts would change about Wilt if they saw him in his prime from 1959 to 1968 rather then an old Wilt past his prime that had suffered a knee injury with the lakers from 1970 to 1973.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,346

Post#59 » by Doctor MJ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:10 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:Just wanted to say i think it's awesome y'all are going after footage so tenaciously. The whole basketball world benefits from this.

its no problem man I and 70's fan are very eager to share the footage that we can get to everyone as it can change people views on players and eras. I am mainly a Wilt fan and I am trying to get all of his footage of him in his prime as i think a lot of people thoughts would change about Wilt if they saw him in his prime from 1959 to 1968 rather then an old Wilt past his prime that had suffered a knee injury with the lakers from 1970 to 1973.

Well you're both clearly quite passionate and following that passion first and foremost, and I applaud that, but as you say, you're also helping build a better foundation for analysis and understanding brick by brick.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#60 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:10 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Well you're both clearly quite passionate and following that passion first and foremost, and I applaud that, but as you say, you're also helping build a better foundation for analysis and understanding brick by brick.

Hey, Doctor, I have great news I have donated a considerable amount of money. To help 70's fan get new footage of the lakers from the early '70s from 1972 to 1975, we are going to get full games of the lakers from this era and players like Wilt and West against other players of the '70s. I am not sure if there are any other teams besides the lakers in the footage we might get tonight of the early 70's you might have to ask 70's fan about that.

Return to Player Comparisons