Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#461 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:37 pm

GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:You can be right about someone and be a jackass you know.

Sometimes I wonder how old are you and if you studied some history ( where you have to take into account economy among other things ). If you'd know some of it I really doubt you came up with that type of response.
- Rich DeVos owns Disney, ESPN and ABC
- MDB made it clear what Kyrie stands for and he's also represents NBAPA.
- you making yourself weak fool when you start things like you said. Most of the time person will know you have no answers when you start crap like that.

So because you disagree with me I'm a weak fool gotcha kiss my ass.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#462 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:16 pm

It has been interesting to me to watch the sports media reaction on this. ESPN has basically been on full hate mode against Kyrie, with the exception of Max Kellerman. Stephen A Smith has been a complete disgrace. Perkins was already pathetic so I'm not surprised there. Jay Williams made some valid points, but fails to see Kyrie's main point.

I'm not a fan of Undisputed at all, and I hate Skip Bayless, but Skip has surprisingly been the most rational sports media personality on this matter. I guess dude put his act aside, and actually spoke in a genuine manner on the matter. Shannon Sharpe has been good as well, even if he doesn't agree with Kyrie's position. Either way, both of them have been refreshingly good over the majority of the trash on ESPN.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#463 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 pm

DarkXaero wrote:It has been interesting to me to watch the sports media reaction on this. ESPN has basically been on full hate mode against Kyrie, with the exception of Max Kellerman. Stephen A Smith has been a complete disgrace. Perkins was already pathetic so I'm not surprised there. Jay Williams made some valid points, but fails to see Kyrie's main point.

I'm not a fan of Undisputed at all, and I hate Skip Bayless, but Skip has surprisingly been the most rational sports media personality on this matter. I guess dude put his act aside, and actually spoke in a genuine manner on the matter. Shannon Sharpe has been good as well, even if he doesn't agree with Kyrie's position. Either way, both of them have been refreshingly good over the majority of the trash on ESPN.

Skip and Shannon have been better than ESPN for awhile now. They are way more entertaining and they push their own personal opinions, regardless if they are right or wrong, whereas it is highly questionable if ESPN is mandating their on air talent to push an agenda, and after yesterday I don't think it's that far fetched.

Skip has kind of toned it down since he moved over to FOX. He still will say some things that make you go "huh?" but it isn't as outrageous as it was before, and when it comes to serious issues like what's going on now he always comes from a calm and measured place. After I heard Shannon Sharpe talk about how Skip really is, it gave me a whole different perspective on the dude.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#464 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 pm

I listen to the players more than the regular media like Max Kellerman because they played in the NBA and know the players being talked better.

DarkXaero wrote:It has been interesting to me to watch the sports media reaction on this. ESPN has basically been on full hate mode against Kyrie, with the exception of Max Kellerman. Stephen A Smith has been a complete disgrace. Perkins was already pathetic so I'm not surprised there. Jay Williams made some valid points, [b]but fails to see Kyrie's main point[./b]

Seriously what is his point? Is it in hope that the protest over George Floyd's death that Stephen Jackson is a big part of won't be minimized?

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#465 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:55 pm

kamaze wrote:I listen to the players more than the regular media like Max Kellerman because they played in the NBA and know the players being talked better.

DarkXaero wrote:It has been interesting to me to watch the sports media reaction on this. ESPN has basically been on full hate mode against Kyrie, with the exception of Max Kellerman. Stephen A Smith has been a complete disgrace. Perkins was already pathetic so I'm not surprised there. Jay Williams made some valid points, [b]but fails to see Kyrie's main point[./b]

Seriously what is his point? Is it in hope that the protest over George Floyd's death that Stephen Jackson is a big part of won't be minimized?
I already talked about that in detail in the GB thread, which you've been posting in.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#466 » by kamaze » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:04 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
kamaze wrote:I listen to the players more than the regular media like Max Kellerman because they played in the NBA and know the players being talked better.

I already talked about that in detail in the GB thread, which you've been posting in.

I don't remember what you said to be honest

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#467 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:01 am

Read on Twitter

Shout out to the ass hole player who leaked the group chat to Bondy. That will definitely lead to trust issues in the locker room.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#468 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:04 am

So many privileged white people wanna discredit Kyrie's point because they want to be entertained.

Literally telling him to shut up and dribble.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#469 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shout out to the ass hole player who leaked the group chat to Bondy. That will definitely lead to trust issues in the locker room.

Would you rather not know the truth?

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#470 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:11 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's false, dude. Never trust Bondy...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#471 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:17 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's false, dude. Never trust Bondy...

Thank god.

Even if Kyrie did say that, the fact that someone from the roster would stab him in the back like that would have been reprehensible. I'm glad guys called it out.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#472 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:27 am

Levert also calling cap on it...
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#473 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am

If Bondy and Ryen Russilo are the only ones with this news, something has to be wrong. If he seriously suggested it, the players wouldn't deny it.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#474 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:48 am

Is Kyrie worth all this drama?

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#475 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:00 am

:lol: Kyrie leaving the team group chat because of Bondy of all people.

We went from thinking we might be a dark horse championship pick in Orlando to this. Just gotta laugh at this point.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#476 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:16 am

kamaze wrote:Is Kyrie worth all this drama?
Unnecessary drama created by the media?
kamaze
General Manager

Post#477 » by kamaze » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:21 am

DarkXaero wrote:

Ok if you want to see it that way, is he worth it?

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#478 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:23 am

kamaze wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Ok if you want to see it that way, is he worth it?
Yes. A top 15 player in his prime, who is from Jersey, and grew up as a NJ Nets fan, which is one of the main reasons he signed with us, and also helped us recruit arguably the best player in the league. It's a no brainer.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#479 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Two things:

1) Regardless of Irving saying that the players should start their own league...if he did say it, who cares? It isn't the first time someone has said that Black professional players need to take the power away from the majority white owners. It's like certain people are going out of their way to make him look like he's crazy. Nothing that he has said during this moment sounds crazy to me. Him being in support of not distracting away from the current movement is not crazy. His support for Black and Indigenous Americans, who have been brutalized by this racist country since it's inception is not crazy. Him allegedly saying that Black athletes with money, power, and platforms should go their own way isn't crazy at all. At least to me...I mean the players are what drives the league. Anyway, it's moot.

2) The fact that Taylor has a source that allegedly knows that Kyrie left the group chat is pretty damning. Someone on this roster is running their mouth, unless Irving told her that himself. Who is telling people about this stuff? We shouldn't even know that the Nets have a damn group chat :lol:

I really hope that whoever is doing this gets some serious payback...meaning, traded out of here in the offseason. I don't care who it is.

Spencer needs to get his ass on Twitter this morning and start posting baseball cap emojis or something, he's been quiet af :-?

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#480 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:55 pm

People calling for the NBA to go back to normal aren't seeing the gravity of the moment. Governments and big business are taking a wait and see approach. Hoping that all they have to do is placate protesters with some token social media support and whatever low hanging fruit until it fizzles out. And here's the NBA wanting to start up, setting dates without even having a conversation about what the appropriate response to this long overdue crisis is. I don't want to hear about business this and donations that. What is the NBA going to do for their predominantly black players and fans? People who are less safe and more likely to be treated as criminals in their communities than their white counterparts, regardless of wealth and status. It can't be a tshirt or a special jersey. We've been doing that. Ain't done jack s***. Don't be talking about 'get out and vote' when black voters are getting turned away after waiting for hours in queues.

I'm balls deep in on this one with Ky. At this point back to normal is back to normalized racism.

Return to Brooklyn Nets