ImageImageImageImageImage

Paschall's trade value?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Paschall's trade value? 

Post#1 » by CaliWG » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:04 pm

Let me preface this by saying that I like Paschall as a player. He has plus athleticism for his size, no one can push him around physically, and he has a unique ability to create his own shot from the 4 spot. The Warriors really found a gem in the 2nd round last year. My question is this, if the Warriors wanted to trade him for a pick in this year's draft, what would be his value? Late 1st Round? Top 20? Late lottery? Top 10?

Would drafting a wing player who can shoot and is less of a ball stopper (like Vassell, Nesmith, or Bey) be worth giving up a young proven contributor like Paschall who still has upside?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Re: Paschall's trade value? 

Post#2 » by TB » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:13 pm

I would guess his value is that of a mid 1st. Would be late lotto, but I think teams know his potential is probably max'd out at "very good 6th or 7th man" and likely not a good starter.

For us, I don't think it would be worth swinging on a mid/late 1st when we need to win now. Paschall fits really well as a scoring forward off the bench. He should only be used in a trade if its part of a blockbuster for another all-star level player.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#3 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:22 pm

CaliWG wrote:Let me preface this by saying that I like Paschall as a player. He has plus athleticism for his size, no one can push him around physically, and he has a unique ability to create his own shot from the 4 spot. The Warriors really found a gem in the 2nd round last year. My question is this, if the Warriors wanted to trade him for a pick in this year's draft, what would be his value? Late 1st Round? Top 20? Late lottery? Top 10?

Would drafting a wing player who can shoot and is less of a ball stopper (like Vassell, Nesmith, or Bey) be worth giving up a young proven contributor like Paschall who still has upside?

36 assists in his last 6 games suggests ball stopper is no longer an accurate take. If Paschall has indeed embraced ball movement and he takes a step forward with his 3pter I think he's better than the three you mentioned.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#4 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:56 pm

TB wrote:I would guess his value is that of a mid 1st. Would be late lotto, but I think teams know his potential is probably max'd out at "very good 6th or 7th man" and likely not a good starter.

For us, I don't think it would be worth swinging on a mid/late 1st when we need to win now. Paschall fits really well as a scoring forward off the bench. He should only be used in a trade if its part of a blockbuster for another all-star level player.

I agree, no mid-lotto pick is likely to match what Paschall can contribute next season. Of course, I'd include him in a deal for a high-level player (it doesn't have to be as high-level as Giannis) but on his own for a pick? No way.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:24 pm

i think he's worth a lot more to teams in contention than he his to lotto teams, so depends on what kinda 1st we're talking about
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#6 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:44 pm

Part of his value is that he is young and on a cheap, two year contact. Moving him for a draft pick with be difficult since they will be younger and on a small contract for 3-5 years.

"But he scored 14 ppg on the worst team in the NBA" won't convince a lot of teams to give up their draft pick.

He'd be a valuable piece if we were going after a bigger player, though.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#7 » by Kuya » Thu Jun 4, 2020 9:00 pm

Seeing as he was one of the best rookies last season, i don't see why he wouldn't be worth anywhere between picks #8 and #12 this season. Especially since this draft isn't considered by analysts to be very strong.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#8 » by azwfan » Thu Jun 4, 2020 10:21 pm

I love Paschall as an energy bench scorer. If he can defend, rebound, and shoot the 3 better, he would be a really nice starter. I'm not ready to say he will never be that... but I think with his advanced age compared to other youngsters, i have less hope of dramatic improvement than I would if he were 2 years younger.

Trade value in this draft? Between 10 and 16. I could see PHX being interested in him over their draft pick. I just can't see GSW preferring a late lotto / mid 1st pick over Paschall. Perhaps in a 3-way trade?

For example: Does Josh Richardson have more trade value than Paschall? I place JoRich as having about the same value.
JoRich has got 1 year @$10M.
Paschall 2 years @ $1.5M per

JoRich 27 yo (at start of next season)
Paschall 24 yo (at start of next season)

JoRich is clearly the better defender (and overall player).
Paschall the younger, cheaper, and better offensive player.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#9 » by Little Digger » Fri Jun 5, 2020 12:50 am

I’m for keeping all of them..even Curry
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#10 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 5, 2020 7:57 am

I guess I’d maybe trade him for a top 5 pick, then we could diffuse the risk by picking up 2 of say Wiseman, Okoro, Okongwu, or even Edwards (who I’d hesitate to make my sole pick) — let’s pretend there’s no cap/tax to worry about.

But I really doubt Paschall gets you a top 5 or even 10 pick, would probably be 15+ and the bust potential is very high there. We already know Paschall can play a bit at the NBA level so that already makes him more valuable (and cheaper) than any pick you’re likely to get.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#11 » by Rudruff » Fri Jun 5, 2020 1:26 pm

A team full of stars needs serviceable players on cheap deals. Paschall's floor is exactly that. Trading him for a higher pick means paying someone else a lot more to back up a starter. I don't see how you get his value to the Warriors back unless he is part of a bigger deal.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,732

Post#12 » by gswhoops » Sat Jun 6, 2020 4:41 pm

I don’t think anyone would give up a pick high enough to make it worth moving him.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 6, 2020 6:21 pm

Little Digger wrote:I’m for keeping all of them..even Curry

Lol...eff that kid Curry....if he could shoot, Id think about keeping him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#14 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 9, 2020 5:39 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I’m for keeping all of them..even Curry

Lol...eff that kid Curry....if he could shoot, Id think about keeping him.

GQ statpad
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#15 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Paschall doesn't have much trade value on his own. Some of you all are delusional about this kid.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#16 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:20 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Paschall doesn't have much trade value on his own. Some of you all are delusional about this kid.

I think it's a combination of him being a bright spot in a down year and the lower value in this draft.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Paschall doesn't have much trade value on his own. Some of you all are delusional about this kid.

I think it's a combination of him being a bright spot in a down year and the lower value in this draft.

I get wanting to like him but lets not disillusion ourselves about the kid. The most likely reality he has more value to this team than anything we could conceivably get for him in a deal.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#18 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:07 am

East Bay Sports wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I get wanting to like him but lets not disillusion ourselves about the kid. The most likely reality he has more value to this team than anything we could conceivably get for him in a deal.

True. In this draft that probably peaks at a mid round pick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#19 » by Coxy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:35 am

How could you possibly know what value a guy like Paschall has around the league?
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:36 am

Coxy wrote:

How could you possibly know what value a guy like Paschall has around the league?

Busted. turns out I'm hypothesizing.

I normally like you but I'm drunk and that was a stupid post. no offense mate.

Return to Golden State Warriors