Propose A Trade For Both Buddy Hield + Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Sun May 31, 2020 10:24 am

To be more clear, all proposed trades must include both Buddy Hield and Nemanja Bjelica going to the Mavs. You can include more players heading to Dallas if you want, but at the very least, BOTH Hield and Bjelica are heading to DAL.

Please post below.
swaggerbox
Freshman
And1: 13

Re: Propose A Trade For Both Buddy Hield + Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#2 » by swaggerbox » Sun May 31, 2020 12:32 pm

My hunch is that the Mavericks would try to make as much cap space as possible for the free agent bonanza in 2021, which I think would be a wrong move. I could see the writing on the wall when the Mavs were presented with a Gallo trade deal at the TDL but couldnt agree on an extension. Do the Mavs want only a 1yr ext while Gallo requested for more? I think there is only a little difference in terms of talent between buddy and thj and buddy comes with a heftier price tag. the mavs probably seeks a trade with players that expire after 2020.
swaggerbox
Freshman

Post#3 » by swaggerbox » Sun May 31, 2020 12:47 pm

a team that i have in mind is the raptors. would they consider trading kyle lowry's expiring pact for delon wright, dwight powell, justin jackson? for the raptors, they would effectively hand over the starting pg spot to FVV assuming he re-signs with delon as his backup. wright is a familiar face and was a beloved player when he played there several yrs ago. powell is a Canadian native who will replace gasol or serge ibaka, if they leave the raps. justin is on a cheap deal and could rescue his career there. not sure if this is the path to take for the raptors. for all we know they may also have their eye on the 2021 free agency class but this deal ensures they have locked up rotation pieces on cheap deals on multi year contracts.

for the mavs, they have lowry paired with doncic for at least a year. his defensive ability would be an awesome fit next to luka.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Wright, Kleber, and 18 would probably get it close
FIRE JASON KIDD
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#5 » by Darren » Sun May 31, 2020 4:07 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Wright, Kleber, and 18 would probably get it close

I won't think twice but just get it done. I seriously doubt players available at 18 suit a need for Dallas more than the duo does. I won't part with Curry, though. I am very impressed with the way the duo giving the Mavs trouble in regular season loss. I don't think highly of the scenario that Giannis is leaving Milwaukee. Nor would I pick 33 yo over early 20-sth. While Kleber blocks tons of shots, I think the shooting and mobility offered by Bjelica is more appealing as a rotation player. Maxi might get better chance to start on a young team. If TH surprisingly opts out, I'd go for FVV instead. This instantly provides the Mavs with 3-player makers and elite shooters in the starting lineup. And the defense is actually pretty good. I'd move Brunson and perhaps 31st for Bamba. Re-sign both JJ and Broekhoff for min and call it an offseason. Maybe adding DJ Augustin to the mix for a homecoming discount. That's a squad that could challenge the throne. The spacing is too good. Teams normally don't have that much elite stoppers in starting unit. Virtually, the Mavs create favorable mismatches that could change the rhythms and generate fastbreaks and open 3s from time to time. The Mavs may start Powell or DFS as 4 depending on matchup. At some point, Bamba might take the spot. That's pretty good scenario for the Mavs. That's outstanding 3-ball rains every game from everywhere.

C - KP / Bamba / Boban
PF - Powell / Bjelica / Broekhoff
SF - Doncic / DFS / Jackson
SG - Hield / Curry / Reaves?
PG - FVV / Augustin / Barea
swaggerbox
Freshman

Post#6 » by swaggerbox » Sun May 31, 2020 5:05 pm

If that's the deal then i would probably have to pass. maxi, dfs and curry are all valuable rotational pieces for the mavs and would probably get moved only if it nets them a third star. right now the mavs should just continue to accumulate assets until an opportunity presents itself to land a third star. draft picks should only be traded if there is a window to add a young and promising talent.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,899

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Sun May 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Starting next season Buddy Hield will get a big jump in salary from the $4m he currently makes.

2020-21: $26,431,817
2021-22: $24,477,272
2022-23: $22,522,728
2023-24: $20,568,183

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#8 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 31, 2020 6:44 pm

HMFFL wrote:Starting next season Buddy Hield will get a big jump in salary from the $4m he currently makes.

I think Mavs does not need Hield and swallowing his horrible contract from day 1, (bye FA 21) having Curry in a nice contract for a while, the offense is great ... losing Maxi would be very hard How about Delon # 31 for Bjelica? (offer # 18 if it doesn't work) want another shooter? ask Detroit for Kennard the serious "cheap" is expiring if it doesn't work, it doesn't lose much ...
1+1=11
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#9 » by dirkforpres » Sun May 31, 2020 7:18 pm

swaggerbox wrote:

If that's the deal then i would probably have to pass. maxi, dfs and curry are all valuable rotational pieces for the mavs

Hield and Bjelica are nothing to scoff at. Mavs win that trade, but is it worth losing 2021 cap space over? That’s the only thing to second guess the offer over cause Hield and Bjelica are both better than Wright and Kleber
FIRE JASON KIDD
MiltTheStilt
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#10 » by MiltTheStilt » Mon Jun 1, 2020 8:31 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Starting next season Buddy Hield will get a big jump in salary from the $4m he currently makes.

I think Mavs does not need Hield and swallowing his horrible contract from day 1, (bye FA 21) having Curry in a nice contract for a while, the offense is great ... losing Maxi would be very hard How about Delon # 31 for Bjelica? (offer # 18 if it doesn't work) want another shooter? ask Detroit for Kennard the serious "cheap" is expiring if it doesn't work, it doesn't lose much ...

If Hardaway opts in that is $18,975,000.

So Hardaway, Powell ($11,080,125) and Justin Jackson ($5,029,650) and a pick for a total of 35,084‬,000 to Hield and Bjelica's 33,582,000.

But I don't think that moves the needle much for the Kings.

I think Hield's shooting would make him a good fit here but don't know much about Bjelica. Sacramento seems to like Hield but he also seems to loose time to Bogdanovic.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#11 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:27 am

That's a good trade. Ideally swap Powell in for Kleber.

But yeah, not gonna happen. It seems like 2021 is still the main play.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#12 » by Michaellam1987 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:22 am

DAL need to add good perimeter defensive players, Buddy and Nemanja, IMO, both are not good fit to what DAL should target to.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#13 » by Darren » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:DAL need to add good perimeter defensive players, Buddy and Nemanja, IMO, both are not good fit to what DAL should target to.

I disagree. The Mavs need elite shooter who can somewhat defend instead of good defender who cannot shoot much. For example, Delon Wright does not play very well on Mavs rotation. The 2nd unit offense is often chaotic. Meanwhile, both Buddy Hield and Nemanja can shoot light out from long range, That's kind of impact Broekhoff has on the Mavs roster. The coach will find the right matchup for defensive reason. Broekhoff fits stretch big role nicely, for example. Hield is elite shooter with playmaking ability. That's an upgrade over Hardaway. Hield is also clutch. Hield takes 10 threes per game and hits nearly 40% from the arc. And the defensive stats is actually pretty good. 113 DEF is as impactful as DFS. That's the package as 2nd option on a winning team. Don't live in 2021 pipedream as long as Giannis does not officially want out.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#14 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Bjelica ok it would not cost much and it is only due 1 year, Hield has one of the worst NBA contracts that recently started ... I would not, ... I would try to get a guy for 1 year only (Crowder or Harkless)
THJr resign and sign a longer and friendlier contract, if possible.
Save your space 21,
I would trade Delon for Avery Bradley
and any trade involving Powell ...
Powell + Jackson # 31 to Hornets for Zeller,
Select with # 18 S.Bey / Nesmith
FA 21 must be the year, maximum space
catch Oladipo or Richardson +
Otto Porter / Hayward
and find the business you need to complete the list will have a lot of assets (Bey / Brunson / Thjr)
1+1=11
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#15 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Darren wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:DAL need to add good perimeter defensive players, Buddy and Nemanja, IMO, both are not good fit to what DAL should target to.

I disagree. The Mavs need elite shooter who can somewhat defend instead of good defender who cannot shoot much. For example, Delon Wright does not play very well on Mavs rotation. The 2nd unit offense is often chaotic. Meanwhile, both Buddy Hield and Nemanja can shoot light out from long range, That's kind of impact Broekhoff has on the Mavs roster. The coach will find the right matchup for defensive reason. Broekhoff fits stretch big role nicely, for example. Hield is elite shooter with playmaking ability. That's an upgrade over Hardaway. Hield is also clutch. Hield takes 10 threes per game and hits nearly 40% from the arc. And the defensive stats is actually pretty good. 113 DEF is as impactful as DFS. That's the package as 2nd option on a winning team. Don't live in 2021 pipedream as long as Giannis does not officially want out.

Both Buddy and Nemanja are good players, if you can get them without give up too much, of course you need to take the offer. But DAL likely need to surrender most of our limited remaining positive value assets and even need to take some of the unwanted contracts from SAC. Also, taking Buddy and his contract will likely take away our cap flexibility for the next few years, we have to get ready to aim to contend with the core Buddy + Luka + KP, it may work, but I am not so sure on that.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,899

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Buddy Hield as the third option on the team doesn't make me feel anymore confident about winning a championship. If we add salary like his it needs to go towards a legit star talent. I want Dallas and Luka to win as many championships as possible and not just add talent/salary in hopes we get lucky.

Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#17 » by Pointguard01 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Buddy Hield would be a solid #3 (not ideal but could work) but I find it hard for us to get it done. Don’t love him but recognize his talent. Would have to include Hardaway’s expiring, Jalen Brunson and #18. And even then, not sure Sacramento does it.

Plus, I love Hardaways fit on their team. And the idea that we might be able to sign him for 60% of what Hield makes generally gives me hesitation.

I also do not love Bjelica on this team. Kleber is so much of a better player. I take him 10x out of 10.

Return to Dallas Mavericks