2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like 

Post#341 » by Kerrsed » Mon Mar 9, 2020 8:48 pm

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:Finally caught up to Kerrsed for 3rd place in the Premier League!

Good job! And you have played 14 less games than me! We both should be passing up Tyler Durden's Club, as he has a crazy 50+ more games played than us!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#342 » by Golanator » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:15 am

MathiasPW wrote:Rethinking about a cap league.

Reasons for it are:

1) increase parity by not allowing those who amassed a bunch of talent perpetually sit on it.

2) Increase player movement, so everyone has a shot at massive jumps on performance from one season to another.

3) increase trade activity by adding another variable to your players value (his cost)

4) increase value of rookies by having them have lower cost and longer time under control (relatively speaking).

So this leads me to the following transition plan (starts 2 offseasons from now).

A) We define a cap (example: 150 MM)

B) Each manager chooses 8 keepers. 2 will be supermax players (4 Years/30M per), 2 max players (3 Years, 20M per), 2 medium players (2 Years, 10M per), 2 Fillers (1 Year/5M per). That's 130MM, and you have 20MM left to fill your other 5 positions at an average of 4M per position.

C) We run the draft only for rookies (that will make a certain someone happy). Rookies have a salary scale where 1st year is really cheap (2M) and it grows by 1M over his 4 year contract, so in his last year he is paid like a minimum keeper.

D) We run the FA by auction. You bid on a player by offering salary and length of time. If within 24hs noone outbids you, he's yours. Contracts can't be longer than X years, salary can't be higher than the Y max. We have bird rights for preference (previous owner wins if bids are equal), otherwise untie criteria can be available cap space or final position in last year.

We'll have a super class of FA in 4 years, but by then drafts and trades and shorter new contracts will have mixed things up enough to keep it all entertaining.

Thoughts?

I like these ideas.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#343 » by Golanator » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:16 am

Also, do we get 7 or 8 keepers in Dynasty this year? Last year it was 8 but for some reason I remember thinking we’re changing it...
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#344 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Golanator wrote:Also, do we get 7 or 8 keepers in Dynasty this year? Last year it was 8 but for some reason I remember thinking we’re changing it...

You can keep 7 players OR keep 8 and and waive your 1st round pick.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#345 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:Finally caught up to Kerrsed for 3rd place in the Premier League!

Good job! And you have played 14 less games than me! We both should be passing up Tyler Durden's Club, as he has a crazy 50+ more games played than us!

Funnily enough, Tyler Durden is ranked last in per game rankings on Premier.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#346 » by Golanator » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:32 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
Golanator wrote:Also, do we get 7 or 8 keepers in Dynasty this year? Last year it was 8 but for some reason I remember thinking we’re changing it...

Thanks, and in future years this same rule applies?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#347 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Golanator wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

I think eventually, when teams balance out a bit more, we should increase the keepers posssibly. Not completely sure about that. Maybe you have the option to keep fewer and get compensatory 2nd round picks or something instead.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#348 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:50 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Golanator wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

I think eventually, when teams balance out a bit more, we should increase the keepers posssibly. Not completely sure about that. Maybe you have the option to keep fewer and get compensatory 2nd round picks or something instead.

The rule holds until we figure a better way to tackle parity.

The cap system I'm proposing separates draft from FA, so it would make that rule void, for example.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#349 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:10 am

Dang, NBA suspends their season just as I start my climb in the G-League. Maybe I'll have a much healthier Dynasty whenever the NBA resumes.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#350 » by MathiasPW » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm

In order to comply with NBA health and safety standards, we're also suspending the Dynasty League until further notice.

Stay safe and practice social distancing, everyone.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,149

Post#351 » by stoo » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:38 am

hey guys..

in the lack of fantasy activities, I started entertaining myself with mock drafts on Yahoo h2h leagues..

Of course, I am the only person there and the rest are bots.
So the problem is they pick players based on last season adp list, which leaves me too many good players in every round..

So what I would like to do, is to have an ADP list for the next season, so when it is my turn to draft, I can limit myself to the players that are more realistically going to be available, independent of what are my options in every round..

To do this, I copied first 200 players from this season, added klay, nurk, durant, wall and cousins, and put them randomly toward the beginning of the list. I didn't put in any rookies to be. Also, I added some more players, each for different reasons. I ended up with 250 players list, and I would like your help :)

Here is the link to docx file of 250 players, which I am going to change, not the players, but their position on the list, based on where they are probably going to be drafted. If anybody is interested, you can download the file, change the order for yourself, and you can use it to practice draft as well. Also, you can upload it here again, so that I can have a look, or if there are more of you to do it, we can all for ourselves give it a look and come closer to the real adp list for 20-21

https://we.tl/t-l9wDUTxlHf

i guess the link will work just for some time, so i can reupload it later if somebody wants it
NotSinceWilt
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#352 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:37 am

So fantasy season is officially over, are we keeping the standings as they were?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#353 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:54 am

Kyler Murray wrote:So fantasy season is officially over, are we keeping the standings as they were?
It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by MathiasPW » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:51 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:So fantasy season is officially over, are we keeping the standings as they were?
It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I´ve been putting so much thought into this ever since the lockdown (yeah, right...). We have quite different outcomes if we rank by final standings or "per game" standings, as we had a 73 "games played" difference from the most active player (Wordsenuff) to the lowest ones (MrMiyagi and Weekapaug).

While arguments could be made to adopt one ranking over the other, I´m going to stick to the traditional rankings, to avoid last-minute rule-changes. The only drawback that will come from this is that some teams that are already good will be benefitted in draft positioning, and vice-versa. This is partially compensated by the tier-lotto system, where luck plays a big role, anyway.

(It feels so Suns that when I finally win, it´s under current circumstances.)

Congrats to all those who overachieved. I´ve tried my best to keep things entertaining during the season, and I´ll get back to discussing new rules and formats once basketball is back and we have people pinging in.

With no further delay, here are your final rankings, on both systems.

OFFICIAL FINAL STANDINGS - TRADITIONAL RANKING

FINAL STANDINGS - PER GAME

Point Evolution Over Season - Per Game Basis

EDIT: The Google Spreadsheets with our historic results has been updated at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LWc-TP573LjiEJF8lfLFkEFcxhdicjLY9YnCy2YX4zk/edit#gid=459739526
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#355 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Good riddance to a pretty **** season for both my squads. While I probably would have jumped a couple spots in both leagues because I typically make up a bunch of games late and target close categories that wouldn't have been enough for a significant leap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#356 » by Walt_Uoob » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:40 pm

It makes sense to end the season as it stood when the league shut down, but in my low-stakes league with some friends I've proposed the exact opposite: throwing out all our accumulated stats and rosters, and just redrafting from scratch. I happened to be uncatchably far ahead in that league (roto), so I'm basically taking the individual win and throwing the money back in the pot for the sake of some Thunderdome- / March Madness-style excitement.

Everyone's into the idea but I don't see a way to do it on Yahoo or ESPN. Anyone know how we could pull this off?

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#357 » by MathiasPW » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Walt_Uoob wrote:It makes sense to end the season as it stood when the league shut down, but in my low-stakes league with some friends I've proposed the exact opposite: throwing out all our accumulated stats and rosters, and just redrafting from scratch. I happened to be uncatchably far ahead in that league (roto), so I'm basically taking the individual win and throwing the money back in the pot for the sake of some Thunderdome- / March Madness-style excitement.

Everyone's into the idea but I don't see a way to do it on Yahoo or ESPN. Anyone know how we could pull this off?

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app
If you are looking to redraft, you can do the draft offline sn the commissary can input the new results manually.

I did that this season with two of our dynasty league teams. It's a bit of a pain in the butt but you only have to go through it once.

Return to Phoenix Suns