Image ImageImage Image

Cowley : Ime Udoka HC Frontrunner for Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: Cowley : Ime Udoka HC Frontrunner for Bulls 

Post#121 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am

robert76 wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why are we taking so long to decide Boylen's fate? The longer we wait, we risk losing out on potential candidates.

They need to move their ass. If we lose out on a top candidate to further coddle this retrograde farfaroon coach...

)&)(@!

Yes, this is getting annoying. The Knicks are planning interviews while the Bulls are taking their time, careful not to hurt Boylen's feelings.

I don't like Boylen but guys interviewing for other jobs doesn't hurt us. He may interview for the Knicks but prefer to wait for the Bulls.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#122 » by drosereturn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:40 pm

Not even fan of this guy but why the fk are we not firing Boylen and making Bulls candidates get poached?
The Knicks are already ahead of the Bulls and interviewing all the top coaches. Have a feeling Bulls get leftover.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
robert76
Junior
And1: 232

Post#123 » by robert76 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:29 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
robert76 wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:
They need to move their ass. If we lose out on a top candidate to further coddle this retrograde farfaroon coach...

)&)(@!

Yes, this is getting annoying. The Knicks are planning interviews while the Bulls are taking their time, careful not to hurt Boylen's feelings.

I don't like Boylen but guys interviewing for other jobs doesn't hurt us. He may interview for the Knicks but prefer to wait for the Bulls.

Except the Bulls still didn't fire Boylen yet. So maybe he doesn't want to wait for a position that may or may not become available. Of course, I have no idea what really happens inside the organization, but right now it looks like the Bulls are dragging their feet, while the Knicks are already planning interviews with 8-10 coaches, according to reporters.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Cowley : Ime Udoka HC Frontrunner for Bulls 

Post#124 » by StunnerKO » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:49 pm

New people in charge the Bulls aren’t dragging any feet y’all do realize a pandemic is still happening ? Only reason why the Knicks are able to have this process cuz they fired like 40 coaches before all these things happened. Boylen won’t be fired till post June 23rd when head coaches can be involved with workouts in person. AK is doing this the right way despite our feelings on Boylen he’s never met the guy at all and doing his due diligence. AK is trying to change the way the Bulls are portrayed by other coaches and players and firing a coach you never met is not how you begin no matter the doofus. Carlisle was our here telling coaches not to
Go to Chicago because of our past crap show show with garpax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#125 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
robert76 wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:

)&)(@!

It does hurt us if they hire someone we were interested in meeting with before we even start holding interviews.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,212

Post#126 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:15 pm

robert76 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
robert76 wrote:

Except the Bulls still didn't fire Boylen yet. So maybe he doesn't want to wait for a position that may or may not become available. Of course, I have no idea what really happens inside the organization, but right now it looks like the Bulls are dragging their feet, while the Knicks are already planning interviews with 8-10 coaches, according to reporters.

To be honest the Knicks need to beg and plead more than the Bulls. I trust this process about that. The Knicks are bad bad bad, from roster makeup all the way to Dolan who is a meddler. They have to front run this because they are undesirable honestly. Not like the Bulls are a bowl of cherries either mind you, but dem knicks is ugly.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#127 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:17 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
robert76 wrote:

It does hurt us if they hire someone we were interested in meeting with before we even start holding interviews.

The Knicks plan to interview 8-10 candidates before they make a hire and it is likely that their process will drag into next month.

It's not going to hurt the Bulls at all. People complained about the process and wanting it done right and now they are complaining about the process not being fast enough.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#128 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

The Knicks plan to interview 8-10 candidates before they make a hire and it is likely that their process will drag into next month.

It's not going to hurt the Bulls at all. People complained about the process and wanting it done right and now they are complaining about the process not being fast enough.

How is sitting with a coach we all know is awful doing things right?

I really don't understand your disagreement here. We're talking in hypotheticals, but if the Knicks make a hire a guy high on our list before we even start the process, how does that not hurt us? And what's incorrect about that complaint? The Bulls hired Arturas Karnisovas over two months ago. All he's said about Boylen is that he wants to take his time to evaluate him and that's hard to do because there aren't any practices going on. It's also been reported that the FO and ownership are in disagreement about Boylen. We played 65 games this season. AK could have watched a game a day since his hiring and come away with a definitive opinion about Boylen's coaching. My guess is that AK feels handcuffed to ownership's support of Boylen and feels uneasy about making a swift decision.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#129 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 pm

BTW, we've lost a coach to the Knicks before because they acted more swiftly than us in Mike D'Antoni.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#130 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:00 pm

HomoSapien wrote:BTW, we've lost a coach to the Knicks before because they acted more swiftly than us in Mike D'Antoni.

And you answered your own question. You think us missing out on him is a bad thing? :lol:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#131 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:BTW, we've lost a coach to the Knicks before because they acted more swiftly than us in Mike D'Antoni.

And you answered your own question. You think us missing out on him is a bad thing? :lol:

It's really not though. We ended up with Del Negro and D'Antoni would've been better. That tangent aside, what about the other post?
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#132 » by Jimako10 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Maybe AK needs to build equity with ownership and trade a 2nd rounder for cash in order to pay for Boylen's remaining salary?
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#133 » by StunnerKO » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:03 am

HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

It's really not though. We ended up with Del Negro and D'Antoni would've been better. That tangent aside, what about the other post?

But then we prob never get Thibs or those Bulls teams

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,708

Post#134 » by dougthonus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:09 am

StunnerKO wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

But then we prob never get Thibs or those Bulls teams

Something tells me based on history that Mike D'Antoni might have done something pretty special with Gordon / Rose as his two guards.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#135 » by Jcool0 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:24 am

"I'm disappointed in him," Reinsdorf told the Tribune. "I don't know what else we could've done. He chose to go to New York knowing there was a good chance we would make him an offer. If he had really wanted to be in Chicago, he would've waited. Instead, he misled us. It's not the end of the world, but it is somewhat rude."
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#136 » by dougthonus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:35 am

Jcool0 wrote:

"I'm disappointed in him," Reinsdorf told the Tribune. "I don't know what else we could've done. He chose to go to New York knowing there was a good chance we would make him an offer. If he had really wanted to be in Chicago, he would've waited. Instead, he misled us. It's not the end of the world, but it is somewhat rude."

Since you posted the quote without context, I'm curious as to your interpretation.

Mine is that we absolutely lost D'Antoni for being too slow and that Reinsdrof is bat **** crazy for putting that on D'Antoni. If you are in a bidding war with someone and don't even make a big then you don't blame the other guy for not waiting on you because there was a good chance you would make an offer.

Especially when the offer he got the first time around may have had time limits on it and was for a ridiculous sum of money for coaches at the time. I think we can all guess that if the Bulls had made an offer that it wasn't going to trump the 24M New York offered.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#137 » by Jcool0 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 am

dougthonus wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Since you posted the quote without context, I'm curious as to your interpretation.

Mine is that we absolutely lost D'Antoni for being too slow and that Reinsdrof is bat **** crazy for putting that on D'Antoni. If you are in a bidding war with someone and don't even make a big then you don't blame the other guy for not waiting on you because there was a good chance you would make an offer.

Especially when the offer he got the first time around may have had time limits on it and was for a ridiculous sum of money for coaches at the time. I think we can all guess that if the Bulls had made an offer that it wasn't going to trump the 24M New York offered.

That seems like a extreme reaction. Also seems strange to give D'Antoni a pass on this situation when it was probably him leveraging Chicago to get a better deal from NY.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#138 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:15 am

dougthonus wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

This is my interpretation as well.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#139 » by dougthonus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:16 am

Jcool0 wrote:That seems like a extreme reaction. Also seems strange to give D'Antoni a pass on this situation when it was probably him leveraging Chicago to get a better deal from NY.

I hire people all the time. I compete with other companies hiring them. Not one time ever in my life have I thought that it was the candidates fault for turning me down if I wanted him. If I didn't do enough to get him, then it's my fault. Every time. 100% of the way.

The applicant whom I am pursuing decides where they want to work and if I don't present my company as the best one for someone I want to work for me or don't have the best offer, then why would I be upset at the candidate? That's ridiculous.

Just like if a candidate fails to interest me enough to want to hire them over a different candidate and wants to work for my company but didn't convince me they were the best then it is on them.

Reinsdorf said they wanted D'Antoni, but they missed out on getting him. That means the fault is on the Bulls not on D'Antoni. If D'Antoni came out later and said "Boy I wish I signed in Chicago instead" then the fault would have been on him.

As it worked out, there's no reason to give D'Antoni a pass, because he didn't need one. Based on all information, he made the correct decision. He also wasn't leveraging the Bulls too heavily given he never even waited for their offer and was already viewed as an elite coach and the best guy on the market.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#140 » by Jcool0 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:23 am

dougthonus wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:That seems like a extreme reaction. Also seems strange to give D'Antoni a pass on this situation when it was probably him leveraging Chicago to get a better deal from NY.

I hire people all the time. I compete with other companies hiring them. Not one time ever in my life have I thought that it was the candidates fault for turning me down if I wanted him. If I didn't do enough to get him, then it's my fault. Every time. 100% of the way.

The applicant whom I am pursuing decides where they want to work and if I don't present my company as the best one for someone I want to work for me or don't have the best offer, then why would I be upset at the candidate? That's ridiculous.

Just like if a candidate fails to interest me enough to want to hire them over a different candidate and wants to work for my company but didn't convince me they were the best then it is on them.

Reinsdorf said they wanted D'Antoni, but they missed out on getting him. That means the fault is on the Bulls not on D'Antoni. If D'Antoni came out later and said "Boy I wish I signed in Chicago instead" then the fault would have been on him.

As it worked out, there's no reason to give D'Antoni a pass, because he didn't need one. Based on all information, he made the correct decision. He also wasn't leveraging the Bulls too heavily given he never even waited for their offer and was already viewed as an elite coach and the best guy on the market.

He clearly did not make the best decision. He went 121-167 in NY. While in Chicago he would of had a playoff team and a still healthy Rose. Also he was looking for something to talk to Chicago and act like he wasn't interested in NY. There was no reason to do that if he was just going to sign with the Knicks. "I'm talking to Chicago and they are interested. If you want me blow me away and i'm yours"

Return to Chicago Bulls