ImageImage

Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#681 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Why is Williams projected as Pick 14? Seriously as he seems to have huge upside.

Also those draft projections are wack.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#682 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Why is Williams projected as Pick 14? Seriously as he seems to have huge upside.

Do you think he'll be a good offensive player and rebounder? If yes, why?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,353

Post#683 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Why is Williams projected as Pick 14? Seriously as he seems to have huge upside.

Best I can figure, he kind of moves like a 4, like an old school four. Not sure if that is just his style or a physical limitation but in the four minutes I watched vids of him, that was the only thing I didn't like about the guy.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#684 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Yeah, the Rookie Wire mock is definitely unique for lack of a better word. I think it is pretty off, starting from the top.

Although I could see Williams going 14 as a team in the mid-1st could go high potential with someone as raw as Wiliams really is. He's an excellent mid-range shooter to go with perhaps the best strength+athleticism combo in this draft while being only 18. A lot of mocks are calling him a SF or comparing him to SFs, but really he is likely a PF and if so I wish he were taller.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#685 » by Jedzz » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:35 am

M-C-G wrote:

Best I can figure, he kind of moves like a 4, like an old school four. Not sure if that is just his style or a physical limitation but in the four minutes I watched vids of him, that was the only thing I didn't like about the guy.

4 minutes is a little too long for first impressions. You start dwelling on too many negatives by then. Stick with two minutes.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#686 » by emunney » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 am

Ruzious wrote:

Do you think he'll be a good offensive player and rebounder? If yes, why?

He's a reasonably athletic 6-8 guy who can hit a pull up jumper and has a decent foundation for ballhandling. He's not a passer but he does look like he could be a scorer in time. Sneaky off the ball. Good awareness.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#687 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Think Williams could be a better defensive version of John Collins. Tremendous upside potential *In Hubie Brown voice*
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#688 » by Beorn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:00 pm

ACB nuggets:
Alocen is a future NBA lead guard, or the best EL player of the next decade. Dimitrijevic has an NBA shot, but will have a long EL career either way. Zagars' only good attributes are speed and vision sadly, he has to work uphill to be an good EL player. Valencia's playstyle maybe helps him a lot, but Abalde is ready to play for a better team.

ps: I hate watching Benzing play
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#689 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:36 am

Diving deeper into this class each day, the more and more I **** love Nate Hinton. Outlier rebounder for a guard/wing, stellar defender, shows some promise as a shooter off the bounce and C&S, flashes nice passing ability. He's in the mix for me if we make the win-now play with the Indy pick.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#690 » by emunney » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Diving deeper into this class each day, the more and more I **** love Nate Hinton. Outlier rebounder for a guard/wing, stellar defender, shows some promise as a shooter off the bounce and C&S, flashes nice passing ability. He's in the mix for me if we make the win-now play with the Indy pick.

It's unusual to see a shot off the catch that looks so pretty from a guy as long and physical as he is. Looks really good off the hop. Seems like a fun guy to have on your team. Related:

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#691 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:25 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Diving deeper into this class each day, the more and more I **** love Nate Hinton. Outlier rebounder for a guard/wing, stellar defender, shows some promise as a shooter off the bounce and C&S, flashes nice passing ability. He's in the mix for me if we make the win-now play with the Indy pick.

I don't see it. He's a poor man's Jemarrio Jones, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#692 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm not sure if Hinton gets drafted.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#693 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm

He might not, but he's fun as hell and I had to profess my love for him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#694 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Pelton's projections are up, top 30. If you don't have Insider, just ask me about a prospect.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#695 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Pelton's projections are up, top 30. If you don't have Insider, just ask me about a prospect.
Where does he have Haliburton? Feel like he varies a lot depending on the evaluator.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#696 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Pelton's projections are up, top 30. If you don't have Insider, just ask me about a prospect.
Where does he have Haliburton? Feel like he varies a lot depending on the evaluator.

2. Tyrese Haliburton

Iowa State
PG
Top 100: No. 8
Stats: No. 2

Consensus: 3.4 WARP

Haliburton's freshman season stood out statistically, though he had a historically low usage rate for a prospect, finishing just 9% of the Cyclones' plays with a shot, trip to the free throw line or turnover. A strong performance at last summer's FIBA U19 World Cup put Haliburton firmly on the radar, and he backed it up by more than doubling his usage rate to 20% as a sophomore without sacrificing much efficiency.

Haliburton's strong steal and block rates are key indicators of his ability to read plays on defense, and he projects as one of the better shooters in the draft after hitting 43% of his 3s in college.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#697 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Lamine Diane

And top 5 WARP
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#698 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Badgerlander wrote:

Lamine Diane

And top 5 WARP

Unranked.

And

1 - Ball
2 - Halliburton
3 - Edwards
4 - Anthony
5 - Hampton
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#699 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

2. Tyrese Haliburton

Iowa State
PG
Top 100: No. 8
Stats: No. 2

Consensus: 3.4 WARP

Haliburton's freshman season stood out statistically, though he had a historically low usage rate for a prospect, finishing just 9% of the Cyclones' plays with a shot, trip to the free throw line or turnover. A strong performance at last summer's FIBA U19 World Cup put Haliburton firmly on the radar, and he backed it up by more than doubling his usage rate to 20% as a sophomore without sacrificing much efficiency.

Haliburton's strong steal and block rates are key indicators of his ability to read plays on defense, and he projects as one of the better shooters in the draft after hitting 43% of his 3s in college.
Thanks! He's one of my favorite players in the draft. I've seen some rankings that put him in the teens.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#700 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Lamine Diane

And top 5 WARP

Unranked.

And

1 - Ball
2 - Halliburton
3 - Edwards
4 - Anthony
5 - Hampton

Thanks. Bane?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks