DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,733

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#781 » by DanoMac » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 am

machu46 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
machu46 wrote:
The best part about the game is that people that are insanely talented created pretty much any real course you'd ever want to play in addition to thousands of well-made fake courses. You won't have any problems playing whatever courses you have in your head.

That’s interesting. I haven’t looked into it at all, but if the course builder is great maybe I can make a couple of my home courses.

It's been really good in their past iterations at least. Overwhelming for me but really good in the right hands.

My buddies and I regularly play TGC 2019, hoping that 2K doesn't stray too far away from that game. So fun, and like you said machu, every course imaginable is on it with amazing accuracy. Some of those course builds are stunning. Played Whistling Straits and Erin Hills b2b last night.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#782 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:03 pm

Read the entire plot throughout of TLOT2. Watched a bunch of clips. Still never going to play it because of the NG gameplay, but it's an awesome story.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#783 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:57 pm

BG3 is going to be **** massive. The Early Access in (maybe) August is roughly the size of D:OS2, maybe a little bigger.

At least it has that BG trait going for it. One of the things I love so much about BG2 is how originally epic it is. The closest modern-day comparison in that regard that I've played would be like Persona 5 I think.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#784 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:With it being so close to anticipated PS5 release, I might opt to get it on PS5 (vs. PC) now as I would imagine it'll be a good display of putting the system through the works, which would be interesting to see. Also fun to experience on a 70".

That said, it could also be the case (as I think has often been the case in the past) that the next gen version isn't that great because it's basically just a port instead of native build.

PS4 copies will be backwards compatible day-one with PS5, with free patches to improve performance. Also saw a rumor of one down-the-line to dramatically improve performance and get it up closer to true next gen standards.

Dope.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#785 » by jschligs » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:With it being so close to anticipated PS5 release, I might opt to get it on PS5 (vs. PC) now as I would imagine it'll be a good display of putting the system through the works, which would be interesting to see. Also fun to experience on a 70".

That said, it could also be the case (as I think has often been the case in the past) that the next gen version isn't that great because it's basically just a port instead of native build.

PS4 copies will be backwards compatible day-one with PS5, with free patches to improve performance. Also saw a rumor of one down-the-line to dramatically improve performance and get it up closer to true next gen standards.

Dope.

I'm really torn on this. My PC is starting to show it's age a little, I can't believe it's been almost over 3 years since I built it. Would love to get it on PC but I feel the PS5 might be better performing.

You are right on the big upgrade for PS5/XBX.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-free-next-gen-update-ps5-xbox-series-x
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#786 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

BG3 is going to be **** massive. The Early Access in (maybe) August is roughly the size of D:OS2, maybe a little bigger.

At least it has that BG trait going for it. One of the things I love so much about BG2 is how originally epic it is. The closest modern-day comparison in that regard that I've played would be like Persona 5 I think.

It looks incredible. The best parts of D:OS2 blended with 5E. I loved at a certain point during the demo he said something like “well we could go mess around in the Underdark if you want”. I thought that was incredibly cool that you could just mess around with exploration and accidentally find ways into there. One of the few Early Access games I’ll have no qualms throwing money at.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#787 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:07 pm

The new PoE league is pretty awesome so far IMO. I am playing SSF (solo self found - no trades, no parties) for the first time, and if early returns are any indication I don't think I'll ever go back. I don't feel rushed anymore to keep up with the economy, there's more challenge in gearing, and more emphasis on crafting which I enjoy. I can also pick up just the stuff I want instead of what could sell.

The league mechanic is confusing and don't think I fully grasp it yet, but what it offers is great and blends well with SSF and crafting. I also made my own build for the first time, so it's satisfying seeing that play out.

Good stuff.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,600

Post#788 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:19 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Do you consider D:OS2 huge, because I dont?
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#789 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:06 am

UcanUwill wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Do you consider D:OS2 huge, because I dont?

I do not, nor did I imply it (I thought)?
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#790 » by BMatt07 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:34 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:The new PoE league is pretty awesome so far IMO. I am playing SSF (solo self found - no trades, no parties) for the first time, and if early returns are any indication I don't think I'll ever go back. I don't feel rushed anymore to keep up with the economy, there's more challenge in gearing, and more emphasis on crafting which I enjoy. I can also pick up just the stuff I want instead of what could sell.

The league mechanic is confusing and don't think I fully grasp it yet, but what it offers is great and blends well with SSF and crafting. I also made my own build for the first time, so it's satisfying seeing that play out.

Good stuff.

Hmm, I may have to play this league afterall if this is the case.

I saw the reveal trailer and I wasn't overly interested in the league mechanic, it looked like PoE + Farmville lol.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#791 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Looking for a new game to play. Might try Desperados 3 or The Last of Us, never finished my play through.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#792 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:51 pm

BMatt07 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:The new PoE league is pretty awesome so far IMO. I am playing SSF (solo self found - no trades, no parties) for the first time, and if early returns are any indication I don't think I'll ever go back. I don't feel rushed anymore to keep up with the economy, there's more challenge in gearing, and more emphasis on crafting which I enjoy. I can also pick up just the stuff I want instead of what could sell.

Good stuff.

Hmm, I may have to play this league afterall if this is the case.

I saw the reveal trailer and I wasn't overly interested in the league mechanic, it looked like PoE + Farmville lol.

I think it can be pretty polarizing, but feedback I've seen thus far is really positive. I frequent the PoE reddit and I don't recall ever seeing such positive feedback. I spent a couple hours today building my farm (lol). I don't anticipate needing to do it again now - you do it once and then just fill it in with seeds - but I enjoy that kind of stuff. And the crafting rewards are excellent. But you also don't have to go all-out if you don't want to.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#793 » by truly » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:15 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Looking for a new game to play. Might try Desperados 3 or The Last of Us, never finished my play through.

Going for Desperados 3,it's getting very good reviews on steam.

There is also a demo available if you want to try before you buy.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#794 » by crkone » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Hot take: TLOU 2 is a truly miserable experience.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#795 » by jschligs » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:52 pm

crkone wrote:Hot take: TLOU 2 is a truly miserable experience.

Been hearing this a lot actually, very polarizing game. Love it or hate it.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#796 » by Siefer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:11 pm

crkone wrote:Hot take: TLOU 2 is a truly miserable experience.

TLOU was one of my favorite experiences of the PS3 era, but I've been hearing this kind of thing enough from people and critics (Polygon, Kotaku, Waypoint) that I trust, that I've been effectively warned off the game. It's a damn shame, as I was really looking forward to this game, but I'm not going to go down this road:

Spoiler:
Rob Zacny, Waypoint wrote: The Last of Us 2 is a game of squalid cruelty. It’s not just the fact that you torture and kill people even as they plead with you to spare them, or the incredibly detailed destruction of faces and bodies that happens with shocking regularity throughout this game. It is also the growing lack of justification. Nobody ever reconsiders their quest for vengeance. Everyone acts under a kind of vindictive compulsion that goes little remarked and unexamined.

Rob Zacny, Waypoint wrote: It sets out to surpass its predecessor, but the only meaningful contrast between them is in its even more oppressive bleakness and violence. It digs two graves, fills them with blood, and then just **** wallows in them.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#797 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:12 pm

truly wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Looking for a new game to play. Might try Desperados 3 or The Last of Us, never finished my play through.

Deperados 3 is excellent - talked about my time with the demo a couple pages ago. I'd have bought it by now if there wasn't a new PoE league I'm into. It went onto my wishlist right away, though.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#798 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:13 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
truly wrote:

Deperados 3 is excellent - talked about my time with the demo a couple pages ago. I'd have bought it by now if there wasn't a new PoE league I'm into. It went onto my wishlist right away, though.

Bought it and played for a few hours last night. Definitely had fun and there seems to be tons of room for creativity.
#FreeChuckDiesel
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#799 » by machu46 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm

I can't speak from personal experience with TLOU 2 as the whole zombie genre just isn't really for me. I love Naughty Dog but just couldn't get into TLOU.

Anywho, pretty much everybody I know has been playing TLOU 2 this week and the worst comment I've heard from any of them is that they haven't been able to get any sleep because they're too obsessed with it. Seems like everyone I know thinks it's pretty much the best game ever.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#800 » by crkone » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:04 pm

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/22/21299032/microsoft-mixer-closing-facebook-gaming-partnership-xcloud-features

That was quick.

Microsoft is closing its Mixer service on July 22nd and plans to move existing partners over to Facebook Gaming. The surprise announcement means Mixer partners and streamers will be transitioned to Facebook Gaming starting today, and Microsoft will no longer operate Mixer as a service in a month’s time.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks