Post#501 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

All this for a paycheck.

Now that I’m back here full time, I cannot wait to troll this clown and expose all of his covered up antics.

Let’s start it off:

https://www.tmz.com/2013/10/10/nba-star-kendrick-perkins-arrested-allegedly-punched-woman-in-face/

Oklahoma City Thunder big man Kendrick Perkins was arrested today after allegedly punching a woman in the face outside of a nightclub in July.

Officials say 28-year-old Perkins and his brother-in-law Quincy Alpough were outside Nox nightclub in Harris County, Texas when they got into an altercation with a woman named Mikeeta Cotton.

Cotton claims she was driving her car in front of the club and got into a fender bender with Alpough's female cousin.

Cotton says the woman attacked her ... and Alpough quickly joined in, pushing her and yelling.

Cotton claims Perkins -- who's 6'10" also entered the fracas and punched her brother in the head ... and then smacked her in the face with a closed fist.

A third person says Alpough elbowed her in the throat -- knocking her unconscious.

Cops investigated the situation and decided there was enough evidence to charge Perkins with misdemeanor assault. He was released on $1,000 bond.

Perkins is a terrible person and he’s also the biggest coon in the NBA. There’s alot of **** he got covered up while a member of OKC. That clown better STFU before these articles become trendy again. Thankfully for him, nobody cared about him to rightfully crucify his ass.

SO not only is this man a COON but he beats women!? oh hell NO. It's time to troll this son of a bitch!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,589

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#502 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 am

Perkins really went on TV and cried. Either KD hit a nerve and/or Perkins is looking for some attention. Perkins wanted to talk all that trash, but he went on TV to cry once he got called out on it. Perkins not only took personal shots at Kyrie, but then he told everyone how he was gonna leak locker room stuff to the world (whether he had information or not is not the point) to make Kyrie look bad and to get himself some recognition as a media member. For Perkins to do that as a former player, that's being a sellout. Since everyone is mentioning it on social media, hell yeah that's worse than KD joining the Warriors (not that I have a damn about it in the first place).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,885

Post#503 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:22 am

Rich Rane wrote:Perkins really went on TV and cried. Either KD hit a nerve and/or Perkins is looking for some attention. Perkins wanted to talk all that trash, but he went on TV to cry once he got called out on it. Perkins not only took personal shots at Kyrie, but then he told everyone how he was gonna leak locker room stuff to the world (whether he had information or not is not the point) to make Kyrie look bad and to get himself some recognition as a media member. For Perkins to do that as a former player, that's being a sellout. Since everyone is mentioning it on social media, hell yeah that's worse than KD joining the Warriors (not that I have a damn about it in the first place).

Let me take this a step further Rich, the reason why KD called Perk a "sell out" (he should have called him a coon, but I understand why he can't) is because he not only went on the air repeatedly to trash Kyrie, but he called him a bird brain on national television. As a Black man, you don't do that to another Black man like that. You don't insult his intelligence. Perk literally dog whistled to racists by saying that. He violated big time. And then he had the nerve to go on TV and cry...he's a 6'10 minstrel show for ESPN. That's all he is.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#504 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:16 pm

It was utterly pathetic to see ESPN come to Perkins' defense, and instead blame KD/Kyrie, while Perkins has been the unprovoked instigator all along. He especially some really low classless **** on twitter that he ended up deleting. But ESPN wanted to completely overlook his tweets and the fact that he trashed Kyrie's intelligence on national TV. Stephen A Smith even had the nerve to pull the "you're betraying your race by dividing instead of uniting!" card on KD. An absolute disgrace.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#505 » by Shark » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 am

DarkXaero wrote:It was utterly pathetic to see ESPN come to Perkins' defense, and instead blame KD/Kyrie, while Perkins has been the unprovoked instigator all along. He especially some really low classless **** on twitter that he ended up deleting. But ESPN wanted to completely overlook his tweets and the fact that he trashed Kyrie's intelligence on national TV. Stephen A Smith even had the nerve to pull the "you're betraying your race by dividing instead of uniting!" card on KD. An absolute disgrace.

Perkins and Stephen A are just a couple of clowns trying to get ESPN some views. Sad that the way they're doing it is by trying to tear down a guy that is rightly using his platform to call attention to an issue that has affected this country for far too long. Some guys just care more about their own paychecks than they do about their communities.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#506 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Isocleas2 wrote:I doubt someone with your personality can attract allies, seeing as how you see dog whistles and racism around every corner. Just remember this conversation started with your prejudicial statement about white people not caring about anyone besides themselves. But please keep showing your ignorance making more generalized statements about races, im sure that will help the conversation.

Stating that black people make up 13% of the population doesn't mean someone's racist, it just means they can read a **** pie chart and do the math. So spare me your hallucinations regarding my intentions. If you want to enact change (pass laws etc) you need a majority, which means you need to add people to your coalition not push them away. Thankfully the black people I know are more inclusive and reasonable than you are, so I'll dismiss your negativity for what it is: Ignorant rage.

I'll stand with MDB anyday. because im not an ignorant racist piece of trash and i support all my brothers and sisters.

people who need ton constantly point out they arent racist are usually racist. its pretty obvious who isnt and those people dont need to argue they arent.

Thanks my dude i appreciate that very much. How's the family doing?

We are doing ok. Thankfully my job in IT is unaffected by lockdowns and i can work remote (we actually got busier with this pandemic). Wife got furloughed. but thinks she will be back by august. we can manage bills on my salary as we dont need daycare while shes out of work.

Its been good to be working from home. much more time with my daughter as she just turned 1, started walking, lots of firsts.

the social injustice stuff is hard. wife doesnt like when i attend the protests (scared for my safety) and doesnt like that im so vocal against police brutality and corrupt judges in our community and town hall. but its not something i really am willing to budge on right now

how are you?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#507 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I'll stand with MDB anyday. because im not an ignorant racist piece of trash and i support all my brothers and sisters.

people who need ton constantly point out they arent racist are usually racist. its pretty obvious who isnt and those people dont need to argue they arent.

Thanks my dude i appreciate that very much. How's the family doing?

We are doing ok. Thankfully my job in IT is unaffected by lockdowns and i can work remote (we actually got busier with this pandemic). Wife got furloughed. but thinks she will be back by august. we can manage bills on my salary as we dont need daycare while shes out of work.

Its been good to be working from home. much more time with my daughter as she just turned 1, started walking, lots of firsts.

the social injustice stuff is hard. wife doesnt like when i attend the protests (scared for my safety) and doesnt like that im so vocal against police brutality and corrupt judges in our community and town hall. but its not something i really am willing to budge on right now

how are you?

I'm well, thank you. I've been working from home like you are. I have to help my parents out with groceries and things like that since they are in their early 70s so i have been avoiding outside contact as much as possible outside of shopping for supplies.

That's awesome that you're trying to help man, I appreciate that if no one else tells you. Knowing people care means a lot. Stay safe though.

I believe you said your sibling was a front line worker, how are they??

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#508 » by LOUiS-D » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 am

Player's Tribune wrote:I was in the car with my sister-in-law — Jrue’s sister — Lauren. (Lauren Holiday and Lauren Holiday, I know, it’s a lot of Lauren Holiday. We make it work.) Lauren and I are pretty close, and do a lot together. And we’d just now finished our morning workout — and were driving to grab some postgym Starbucks.

But then suddenly, right as we were pulling out onto the road, we saw this police car swerving into our lane behind us. I didn’t think anything of it really. I wasn’t speeding or in any rush. As far as I knew, everything was fine. So I kept driving. That is until a few minutes later, when the police car — still trailing behind us — turned on its lights and siren.

Since we were on a busier street, I pulled into an empty parking lot, and the police car pulled in right behind us. Over a loudspeaker, the officer instructed me to get out of the car. I got out. He asked for my license and registration. I didn’t have my license on me — neither of us did. Instinctively, my sister-in-law FaceTimed Jrue and told him our situation. (At the time, I was struck by how quickly Lauren sprang into action — how she recognized the full seriousness of what was happening long before I did. Looking back, now, I see my relative lack of urgency for what it was: white privilege.) Fortunately, Jrue was at home, only like five minutes away, and so he said he’d be right there with our licenses.

We explained to the officer that my husband was coming.

A few minutes later, Jrue (with his dad) pulled into the parking lot. He immediately stepped out of his car, and calmly approached us with our licenses in hand.

I’ll never forget what happened next.

They handcuffed him.

1 count of being black while driving. 1 count of being black while providing legal documentation.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#509 » by ProspectPark » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#510 » by Paradise » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#511 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:01 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

is this on spotify? link me trini

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#512 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:23 pm

Be honest: how do you feel about Kyrie's impromptu Twitter livestream that he just announced?

6pm EST, no certain topics, just off-the-cuff engagement and an airing of grievances. Does it excite you? Scare you? Anger, annoy, sadden, elate, please, any other verb? Share your thoughts.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise

Post#513 » by Paradise » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

is this on spotify? link me trini

It’s on Apple Podcast. Part 2 I think is already up there on the Podcast app.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#514 » by gigantes » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:41 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Be honest: how do you feel about Kyrie's impromptu Twitter livestream that he just announced?

6pm EST, no certain topics, just off-the-cuff engagement and an airing of grievances. Does it excite you? Scare you? Anger, annoy, sadden, elate, please, any other verb? Share your thoughts.

Personally it's not too hard for me to mostly ignore what Kyrie says in front of a mic, and just content myself with his talents on the actual bball court. So he'll say stuff from time to time that makes me roll my eyes, and that's fine. His job isn't to be my personal basketball ambassador.

Where it gets more irritating is that over time he gives other fanbases and general NBA fans almost endless ammunition to nitpick him, mock him, attack him, etc. But online and in RL, when I want to just talk about the overall Nets, I'd rather not get in to arguing with others over Kyrie, or else them ignoring the gist of the message and just cutting to haha, Durant! or haha, Kyrie! So yeah, it can get annoying. You're almost forced to keep addressing these two no matter what.

One thing you can be sure of is that if Kyrie doesn't work out here, Nets fans are going to be savaging him just like everyone else. This actually kind of happened in this sub for awhile, I think it was earlier this year when he talked about the Nets needing more firepower to win.

I think in the overall basketball firmament, there's a real need for Kyrie to shut people up with his on-court play, and hopefully that happens. The whole Kyrie situation's kind of an uneasy scenario to me, but I don't see much wiggle room here.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#515 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:49 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Be honest: how do you feel about Kyrie's impromptu Twitter livestream that he just announced?

i love it. it triggers the haters
Paradise

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#516 » by Paradise » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:06 am

Kyrie pisses people off who cannot endure a young black man with a growing level of consciousness. He’s 28. He’s still learning even within his belief system. Again, being woke and consciousness are two mutually different things. One is actually a form of trend and another is a lifestyle being RAISED in.

I’ve come to an understanding this weak ass country would probably roll their eyes at Malcom X, MLK, Stokely Carmichael or anyone with an opinion that goes beyond remedial college.

I’m sure half of RealGM couldn’t even explain to me what an Ankh is or anything remotely digging deep into Egyptian, American Indian or African culture.

So, as someone 28 and a black Cherokee who probably would even get the same vitriol for actually knowing REAL history. I have absolutely nothing wrong with it and I very much watch anyone who has a problem with him speaking his mind. Black or white. We allow far worse in our country and in our society. Knowing where you stand in nationality, color and economics is all that matters.

We’ve given more respect to someone’s sexuality on a day to day basis than someone’s beliefs of race, color gender or actual nationality.

His stance on issues outside of ball will never once change my perception of him until he says something against his own people. He’s done nothing of the sort. Ask Charles Barkley how fitting in looks.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#517 » by gigantes » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:13 pm

Paradise wrote:Kyrie pisses people off who cannot endure a young black man with a growing level of consciousness. He’s 28. He’s still learning even within his belief system...

Just wanted to say that I get most of that, and I don't consider it in opposition to my comments above.

Most of what I was talking about basically revolves around other fans using Kyrie's (and Durant's) words against him, and against us as Nets fans. That's the biggest part that can get annoying here and there.

As I was telling someone at Mos Eisley (the GB) yesterday, I can understand legit NBA fan critiques about Kyrie picking bad moments to publicly say certain things ("we need more talent" or "we don't really need a coach"), but at the end of the day, I doubt they'll really matter when it comes to playing ball. Because the team is just too professional, too well-built, and full of talented, strong-minded people who want to win just as much as Kyrie.

But aside from that, Kyrie obviously has every right to be on his journey of consciousness and to speak out, especially as a young black man living in this crazy-ass country. Anybody who has a problem with that... I'd have a problem with them.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#518 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:02 pm

If you guys havent listen to part 2 of Kyrie on KDs podcast you should listen. they talk at length about the media twisting things and how its ridiculous. Kyrie says he is a conversationalist, not reactive. admits to saying things impulsive but he basically is never gonna fight against that system (media) because he know it isnt gonna serve him without giving fake/bs/canned awnsers. he'd rather be "ky" and let them say whatever. KD agrees.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#519 » by ProspectPark » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#520 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:38 pm

^
I love it!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets