ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,048

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#101 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 25, 2020 3:21 pm

j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-fans-perspective/e/69884787?autoplay=true

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.

Have you no shame? :lol:

Neither do I. :rock:
:beer: RIP mags
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#102 » by Jscratch1200 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm

j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.
Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#103 » by j4remi » Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.

Appreciate it fam!
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#104 » by Barcs » Mon May 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Don't be a snowflake :D

All kidding aside, hope it works out for them. If I lived there, I wouldn't be participating right away, and won't here in northern Va.
Do I go outside? yeah
Do I go to a supermarket? Yeah, only when I have to. That's reasonable risk.
Would I go to a bar, restaurant or movie theater? Not only no. But f*ck no.
Will that impact some peoples livelihoods, based on my action and the action of others? I guess so. Tough luck.
No one ever said that sh*t is mandatory.
I was barely into those activities anyway. Can drink alcohol, make food and watch movies in better and nicer conditions at home, 90% of the time. I'll pass on that 10%.

I'll admire the bravery of everyone who wants to crowd together without a mask. Thanks for taking one for the team. I'll check things out next spring.

I wouldn't be against this easing with a more comprehensive testing and tracking regimen, but apparently things like that are way beyond the capabilities of the US of A anymore, while Korea, China and Vietnam finds it relatively easy to accomplish.

People are out and about and it’s fine. The fear mongering is bizarre.

Stop intentionally spreading ignorance. Look at all the places were people decided to ignore regulations and got their whole congregation sick. I guarantee there is big spike in numbers 1.5 weeks from today because people put emotion over biology.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#105 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 am

A neighbor friend of mine who does union contracting/construction work in Manhattan is starting work tomorrow which means he's taking the LIRR out of Massapequa to and from the City. We get our dogs together locally so I'm sure I'll get a report from him over the next couple days.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#106 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#107 » by King of Canada » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Here in Halifax they opened up the bubbles and now we can get together in groups up to 10 with no social distancing. They recommend keeping your circles small, but it’s great. No new cases for 10 days.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#108 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish I never moved to Florida. This guy is Donald trump 2.0.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:47 pm

This aged well
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,681

Post#110 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:

Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.

word. i just subscribed too.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#111 » by blanko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:35 pm

A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#112 » by j4remi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:

Appreciate you fam, just dropped episode 57.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:06 am

j4remi wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.

No no no no. We appreciate YOU. Now don’t @ me.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#114 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:44 am

j4remi wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I'm listening to it now. You guys are going to put Desus and Mero out of business.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 am

blanko wrote:A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.

I'm hearing reports that the stats on COVID spread at the protest are practically nada. I think it's a combination of the protests being outside and the protesters wearing masks. (Duh! :lol: )

I don't think they're pointless. Beijing is reinstated its shutdown. Other places with have to as well. The second wave is coming.
POSTING POLICIES:
blanko
Starter

Post#116 » by blanko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blanko wrote:A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.

I'm hearing reports that the stats on COVID spread at the protest are practically nada. I think it's a combination of the protests being outside and the protesters wearing masks. (Duh! )

I don't think they're pointless. Beijing is reinstated its shutdown. Other places with have to as well. The second wave is coming.
Lets be honest guys like deblasio are systematically playing down protest infection numbers.

At least Cuomo said that if you went to a protest assume youre infected.

blanko
Starter

Post#117 » by blanko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 am

“No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, told THE CITY about the directive. “If a person wants to proactively offer that information, there is an opportunity for them to do so.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/de-blasio-tells-covid-contract-tracers-not-to-ask-positive-cases-if-theyve-attended-blm-protests/amp/

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,634

Post#118 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,634

Post#119 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:58 pm

Those people were largely wearing masks, as long as we continue to make masks necessary in public spaces we'll be good. The problem will be people coming from other states that don't want to wear masks.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,213

Post#120 » by nyknicks09 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Cancel sports until next year. Prepare and educate your family on how to deal with COVID-19 whenever you go outside from your home.

Big corporations need to step up with their businesses on keeping hand sanitizers and masks throughout the place they do business from.

Do your part to combat this virus!
New York Knicks

Return to New York Knicks