ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#121 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:33 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Dont like any of those feathered dino's

Fair enough, but they're at least more accurate to what a velociraptor looked like.

ya but look like crap as a logo
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,892

Post#122 » by Merit » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:08 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Dont like any of those feathered dino's

Fair enough, but they're at least more accurate to what a velociraptor looked like.

Agreed. Look, we had Barney as a logo already. We don't want Donald duck too.

I like the Raps old logo to be fair, but whatever that feathered raptor is may well be anatomically accurate, but it is also ugly.

Simple is good.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#123 » by Merit » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 am

I still maintain the current logo is a mix of a watermelon or the grinch's fingers holding a ball. I could never get that imagery out of my head.
I believe in Masai.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,780

Post#124 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:11 am

Merit wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:

I like the Raps old logo to be fair, but whatever that feathered raptor is may well be anatomically accurate, but it is also ugly.

Simple is good.

I think its possible for an artist to put few feathers on raptor and it still look great. It doesnt need to be covered in feathers like a duck, ha, I think it can just ad color and be drawn in a way where it simulates movement, I just want lean raptor that looks dynamic and fierce, no chubby cartoon please.
Sophomore
And1: 170

Post#125 » by 1995 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:35 pm

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/raptors-jersey-history/

cool article from 2018 on our original Jersey/logo design and their mindset at the time
Mythical Rex
Senior
And1: 1,697

Post#126 » by Mythical Rex » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:27 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Merit wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Simple is good.

I think its possible for an artist to put few feathers on raptor and it still look great. It doesnt need to be covered in feathers like a duck, ha, I think it can just ad color and be drawn in a way where it simulates movement, I just want lean raptor that looks dynamic and fierce, no chubby cartoon please.

Here's an article where an artist redid our old logo to be more accurate and I think it's pretty good. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/111163688
By the one the only, Turbo_Zone
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#127 » by Kreamy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 am

Really hope we make black and gold our primary colors. Redesign our 2017-19 city edition jerseys and replace 'North' with 'Raptors' with the 'T' sitting at the crest of the chevron. So many teams do the red, black and white color combo.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#128 » by mintsa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 am

I like the black and gold as a city jersey alternate. I think they will keep it that way......
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#129 » by Coco Costanza » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:11 am

Mythical Rex wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Merit wrote:

Simple is good.

Here's an article where an artist redid our old logo to be more accurate and I think it's pretty good. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/111163688

This easily could work

Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Coco Costanza
Analyst

Post#130 » by Coco Costanza » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 am

Merit wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:

Agreed. Look, we had Barney as a logo already.

Why do people always make that comparison? Besides being a different type of dinosaur, Barney isn't even the same color as the Raptors logo, so how is it Barney? That they're both dinosaurs? That's stupid.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#131 » by Shimso » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 am

Just put this on a purple jersey that says "Toronto" and call it a day.

Years ago there were some nice looking New Era fitteds that were a maple leaf but with the Raptors old logo in the middle of it (just like the new Jays spring training caps); I can't find any images of it (let alone the hat itself to buy...) but I'd love to see that use (not as a primary logo but as a secondary, on caps, etc.).
Merit
Head Coach

Post#132 » by Merit » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
Mythical Rex wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

This easily could work

A for effort, F for execution. If you're going bird, go straight arc'teryx. Something minimal, interesting and less like a cartoon character.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#133 » by Merit » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
Merit wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Why do people always make that comparison? Besides being a different type of dinosaur, Barney isn't even the same color as the Raptors logo, so how is it Barney? That they're both dinosaurs? That's stupid.

It's not barney. However, that's how raptors players and other NBA players felt when wearing the uniform in the early days of the franchise. The team was considered soft at the time. Less of a Raptor and more of a plush toy. The sentiment in the media was: even the uniform was a joke. Legit though, what other purple dinosaurs do you know? Purple was the main uniform colour anyway, even if the logo was red.

I for one always liked the logo. It's different. I far prefer it to the bird option you posted anyway. If we're going back in time, towers would've been my call for the name, or Huskies - because UConn is one of my favourite teams. Jurassic Park the movie stole the show though.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#134 » by Merit » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:38 am

Mythical Rex wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Merit wrote:

Simple is good.

I mean it's really busy, and while I get the intention - the original raps logo is better imo.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#135 » by Merit » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
Merit wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

This article that was posted earlier literally has Damon Stoudamire saying that he thought the logo looked like barney.
I believe in Masai.
Coco Costanza
Analyst

Post#136 » by Coco Costanza » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Merit wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:
Merit wrote:

This article that was posted earlier literally has Damon Stoudamire saying that he thought the logo looked like barney.

And that proves what? That he's an idiot? How do you get this

from this?

Mythical Rex
Senior
And1: 1,697

Post#137 » by Mythical Rex » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Merit wrote:
Mythical Rex wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

I mean it's really busy, and while I get the intention - the original raps logo is better imo.

That's cool. I like it but see the busy problem with the design. What if they just used the head of more accurate version? I think it would be way better than the torn basketball but I could be wrong.
By the one the only, Turbo_Zone
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#138 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Some of you guys are more interested in creating illustrations for the ROM than an actual NBA logo haha.
Iamtheliquor
Rookie
And1: 1,176

Post#139 » by Iamtheliquor » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:41 am

If they incorporate the championship clinching NORTH jerseys then I get this push, but I for one am a huge fan of our current uniform set. I think the current Raptors red jersey is one of the best in our franchise's history. Love how clean and vibrant they are; the black jersey is pretty ferocious as well.

Masai and co. have only hit proverbial home runs since taking over this team, so I trust they will make the right move here too. But sad to potentially see the current set go which will forever be tied to our first, of many, golden eras!
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,880

Post#140 » by Boardbreaker » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:36 am

Kreamy wrote:Really hope we make black and gold our primary colors. Redesign our 2017-19 city edition jerseys and replace 'North' with 'Raptors' with the 'T' sitting at the crest of the chevron. So many teams do the red, black and white color combo.

I feel like this is going to be exactly how they'll look.

Return to Toronto Raptors