ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#901 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:14 pm

finestrg wrote:Agree to max out Ingram and to laden the deal with any and all poison pill-type kickers available. The dude's only 22 and has blown up into a bonafide star/difference maker, probably a top 5 all-NBA player. He's right there with Durant and Giannis imho.

My other FA target would be Christian Wood. Those two -- Ingram 1, Wood 1a.

Ingram is obviously a max contract player. What would you offer Wood? Is he close to the max?

I'm pretty sure all of us would have no issue with giving Ingram the max offer to come here but there's just no way NO let him get away. It would take a sign and trade and not even sure they would do that unless we gave up more then we'd want to.

No way is C.Wood worth a max deal. I like what Wood did in Detroit but i think you have to take in the fact that he did it for a bad team who didn't have B.Griffin for much of the year again. I don't think Wood can do what he did this year on a good team. I'd go somewhere around $10-$13 mil per on Wood.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#902 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:17 pm

aq_ua wrote:So, the transaction window opens on June 23rd. I’m intrigued how many of our guys we start waiving and which ones. Has Rose seen enough of them to make an accurate call, or is the right move to error on the side of caution and just waive them all?

Likely to be waived:
- Portis
- Ellington

Might be waived:
- Gibson
- Payton
- Bullock

Less likely:
- Harkless (will be a FA anyway)
- DSJ (for 3tothehead)

Potentially quite a few spots can be opened up to take a look at some young free agents, as well as reserving spots for our draft picks.

The only two i really care about bringing back are Bullock and Dotson. I think Dotson is really underrated by many and could be a very good 3-D player and Bullock is already a very good 3-D player.
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Knick of Time Article: Trading spins for wins. Julius Randle Trades 

Post#903 » by falcindor » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

What do you think about trading Julius Randle?

3 Julius Randle Trades

https://theknickoftimeshow.com/trading-spins-for-wins-exploring-julius-randle-trades/

I wrote the article for The Knick of Time Show website. I know the trades are controversial.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Re: Knick of Time Article: Trading spins for wins. Julius Randle Trades 

Post#904 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:34 pm

falcindor wrote:What do you think about trading Julius Randle?

3 Julius Randle Trades

https://theknickoftimeshow.com/trading-spins-for-wins-exploring-julius-randle-trades/

I wrote the article for The Knick of Time Show website. I know the trades are controversial.

I like getting rid of J.Randle in these trade but even though i like Bagley's Potential i don't like his injury history and i would love to get V.Oladipo on the Knicks with the hope that he doesn't lose any of his game because of the quad injury he's coming back from.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#905 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:36 pm

3 Julius Randle Trades

I would do the Bagley trade but make the pick lottery protected. No thanks to Oladipo. He looks a lot worse since he came back from his injury. Hard pass on the Cody Zeller deal.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#906 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 pm

3 Julius Randle Trades

Only the first trade for Bagley makes any sense to me.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#907 » by RHODEY » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:13 pm

[url][/url]
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#908 » by falcindor » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

3 Julius Randle Trades

I would do the Bagley trade but make the pick lottery protected. No thanks to Oladipo. He looks a lot worse since he came back from his injury. Hard pass on the Cody Zeller deal.

I would love Bagley here. Hes a lot different than Mitch. Hes 6'11" and would be create a young lineup to groom.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#909 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:24 am

Could Demar Derozan play the four...?
Asking for a friend.
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#910 » by Thepaintismine » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 am

3 Julius Randle Trades

I wouldn't du the Bagley one - 2 much chanz there. Don't want to give up a good pick for dat!
Victor O B nice but not sure about the injury. Try to give up less.

Best to maybe just keep Randle. He ain't all dat bad.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,370

Post#911 » by Ray Williams » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:41 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

3 Julius Randle Trades

I like getting rid of J.Randle in these trade but even though i like Bagley's Potential i don't like his injury history and i would love to get V.Oladipo on the Knicks with the hope that he doesn't lose any of his game because of the quad injury he's coming back from.

Oladipo gives me Antonio Mcdyess flashbacks
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#912 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:41 pm

aq_ua wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
aq_ua wrote:The main thing is that contracts become guaranteed by June 28th if not waived, so there is financial incentive to do so. Trades can’t happen since the season hasn’t ended, but that doesn’t seem to be impacting the deadline to waive players.

In terms of G League and other free agents, this would normally be the time when we call up guys for a look before the end of the season. While we obviously can’t play any games, there is benefit in bringing some guys in for workouts under contracts to the end of the year.

So, basically the coronavirus has screwed up the Knicks ability to pick up those deals and trade them - not entirely; they could take a chance on picking them up, but under the normal ending of the season, wouldn't they have had more of a chance to gauge interest in possible sign and trades?

I guess I'm asking, is it similar to business as usual, or did some of the benefit of Mills\Perry plan go awry here, though nobody can predict a pandemic.

It certainly appears the pandemic has thrown a wrench in the trading schedule. Perhaps someone has better insight into whether all deadlines move accordingly, in which case we have more time to do something with our players, I’m not entirely sure. As it stands, all the vet signings stand as failures, but at least they were short term with little in salary cap ramifications for next year.

Is this really right? I suppose it may be. But what happens to the teams going to the Bubble? They have to commit to team options before the play-offs. And the same thing for players? So, eg, Bertans has to opt-out by June 28 (or w/e)?

Obviously the situation with these contracts is a mess - but does anyone have any concrete information?
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#913 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Randle and cap-weight (Taj? but I don't understand the signing dates stuff as per my previous above) for Tobias Harris?
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,295

Post#914 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:32 am

Didn't realize bertans was unrestricted... am i having quarantine withdrawal for being more interested in signing him now? He's an unreal shooter either way but i didn't really want to commit the money to him long term. He'll be 28 at the start of next season. For the uninformed, he's kinda good at shooting:

BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#915 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:20 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Didn't realize bertans was unrestricted... am i having quarantine withdrawal for being more interested in signing him now? He's an unreal shooter either way but i didn't really want to commit the money to him long term. He'll be 28 at the start of next season. For the uninformed, he's kinda good at shooting:

We sorely need shooting, we all know.
But one, isn’t this guy more a complimentary piece to a contender than centerpiece? Cuz we’ll be paying him feature guy money.

And two, we kinda made life hard for dude with the whole Mook fiasco....I could see him not wanting any parts of us. Unless, see one and we overpay like heck.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,912

Post#916 » by F N 11 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:32 am

[youtube][/youtube]Bertans is a lethal shooter entering his prime. Perfect 4 next to Mitch. He’s a shooter who is so deadly teams scramble. I want him and Harris.

Bertans is no soft chucker. I have seen him go toe to toe with Bobby Portis and others. He plays with fire. I can see him lighting up the garden.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,295

Post#917 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Didn't realize bertans was unrestricted... am i having quarantine withdrawal for being more interested in signing him now? He's an unreal shooter either way but i didn't really want to commit the money to him long term. He'll be 28 at the start of next season. For the uninformed, he's kinda good at shooting:

We sorely need shooting, we all know.
But one, isn’t this guy more a complimentary piece to a contender than centerpiece? Cuz we’ll be paying him feature guy money.

And two, we kinda made life hard for dude with the whole Mook fiasco....I could see him not wanting any parts of us. Unless, see one and we overpay like heck.

Hmm don't really think the Morris/spurs thing would come into play, but yeah my initial thinking was he just doesn't fit our timeline for that kinda $. Also had no clue but he's torn his ACL twice. Think my heart wants him but my head doesn't :lol:
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#918 » by TheProfessor » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:19 am

3 Julius Randle Trades

None of the other teams would do those trades at all. They are heavily favored towards nyk.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#919 » by moocow007 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:41 pm

3 Julius Randle Trades

Of the 3 I'd probably be interested in the 2nd one involving Oladipo the most. Oladipo is the best player of any of these deals. It's risky because of his health but you don't normally get a player of Oladipo's caliber without trading prime assets. So it's worth a gamble.

I'm not particular fond of just getting rid of Randle for next to nothing in return (that 3rd trade proposal), especially if the team that I'm trading him to actually can really really use him. 2022 2nd? That's not much value at all regardless of what team we are talking about, let's just be honest.

That 1st trade? What would be the cost if the Knicks stay within the top 8? That's important cause the chances of the Knicks own pick being in the top 8 is significant. If it's top 8 then they get a future 2nd then that would make this deal more palatable. If it's one of those things where top 8 protected now but unprotected next year, then that makes it less palatable. Marvin Bagley so far as shown the one thing that I was concerned about how he'd do in the NBA. Talent is clearly still there, but the alpha personality is not. And that can be a lot of assets to trade for a none alpha (but talented) player.

Really a lot will depend on how my medical staff feels about Oladipo's health going forward?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#920 » by moocow007 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

3 Julius Randle Trades

Oladipo gives me Antonio Mcdyess flashbacks

Yeah that's the concern.

Return to New York Knicks