Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#801 » by kalenclayton » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:10 am

BoogieTime wrote:
NYG wrote:Taurean Prince and 20th Overall Draft Pick for Nemanja Bjelica and Justin James?

Many Kings fans would like James over the 20, so you might want to present this as a 2nd or two

If Theo Maledon is there, I’m taking this pick over James all day. If Nico Mannion is there, I think long and hard about it. Anyone else and I just don’t really get excited. As for the trade, I don’t see Prince as a guy who fits with the team. He’s kind of a ball stopper.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#802 » by KF10 » Fri May 1, 2020 3:25 pm

Give me the 20th over Justin James.

I don't understand the fascination over this guy.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#803 » by Silver Man » Fri May 1, 2020 4:26 pm

KF10 wrote:Give me the 20th over Justin James.

Agreed. Take the 20th and run away if given the option.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,608

Post#804 » by youngthegiant » Sun May 3, 2020 7:37 pm

Gary Harris, Rockets 2020 1st Rd pick(#21), Denver 2022 1st Rd pick, Denver 2024 1st rd pick swap for Buddy Hield?
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#805 » by Silver Man » Mon May 4, 2020 2:49 am

youngthegiant wrote:Gary Harris, Rockets 2020 1st Rd pick(#21), Denver 2022 1st Rd pick, Denver 2024 1st rd pick swap for Buddy Hield?

Unprotected picks?
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#806 » by nolang1 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 am

KF10 wrote:Give me the 20th over Justin James.

I think the framing was bad on that proposed trade where it’s not Justin James for the 20th pick. Next season Bjelica will be one of the better players on expiring contracts available and could probably fetch a 1st (in a draft that figures to be better) in exchange for a worse player on a worse contract. So James is being treated as nothing or maybe even less than nothing in this deal even though he’s a potential rotation player on a cheap contract.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,747

Post#807 » by eminence » Sun May 17, 2020 5:11 pm

How do Kings fans feel about the GSW deals? Something like:

GSW sends: Wiggins + GS 1st

SAC sends: Barnes/Holmes/Bjelica + Det 2nd
I bought a boat.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#808 » by kalenclayton » Sun May 17, 2020 7:33 pm

eminence wrote:How do Kings fans feel about the GSW deals? Something like:

GSW sends: Wiggins + GS 1st

SAC sends: Barnes/Holmes/Bjelica + Det 2nd

Two things:
1. I don’t believe GS would do a deal like this when they could potentially move that 1st for a more impactful player. Their goal is to win the championship again and I think they will do whatever they can to get another star. That being said, I’m not so sure this year’s 1st has very much value. The value is in the eye of the beholder and I personally don’t think there are any players that get me very excited for any teams. I just don’t see a superstar that teams will get so excited about.

2. Because of my thoughts above, I don’t really see why the Kings would want to move 3 solid contributors on decent to great contracts for a terrible Wiggins contract/fit and a young player that I don’t believe will offset the negative that Wiggins brings and the outgoing mail.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#809 » by NYG » Tue May 26, 2020 11:46 pm

What about Bjelica for Nassir Little?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,405

Post#810 » by JRoy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:39 pm

POR passes
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#811 » by Wilfried » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Kobblehead wrote:My goal is to pair a star ball handler with Joel Embiid so if Fox isn't obtainable, I'd probably shop Simmons elsewhere.

So why would you want Fox than?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#812 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Wilfried wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:My goal is to pair a star ball handler with Joel Embiid so if Fox isn't obtainable, I'd probably shop Simmons elsewhere.

So why would you want Fox than?

?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#813 » by basketballRob » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Aaron Gordon for Buddy Hield?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#814 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:10 am

This thread has been dead for awhile. But its time to start thinking about the summer. Priority #2 should be for us to target Deni. Here's my late night tin foil hat kings rebuild

Trade 1 Knicks and kings

Randle & #6 for Buddy & Parker & #11

Trade 2 Nets and kings

Levert and prince for Barnes and Bejlica

Trade 3 Atlanta and kings

Joseph + 2nd round pick for cap space.

CLEAR THE CAP SHEET

This puts us at 72-73 million from what I can tell.

Resign bogdan to annual 17 mil per. Bring us to 90 million. Pay Dragic 2/24 to finish his career here. Pay Len 1/7. Rssign bazemore to MLE or whatever is left

Draft Deni.

Start the new Era

Bigs - Holmes,Bagley, Randle, Len, Prince
Wings - Bogdan, Levert, Deni, Justin James, Bazemore
Guards- Fox, dragic

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#815 » by codydaze » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:This thread has been dead for awhile. But its time to start thinking about the summer. Priority #2 should be for us to target Deni. Here's my late night tin foil hat kings rebuild

Trade 1 Knicks and kings

Trade 2 Nets and kings

CLEAR THE CAP SHEET

Resign bogdan to annual 17 mil per. Bring us to 90 million. Pay Dragic 2/24 to finish his career here. Pay Len 1/7. Rssign bazemore to MLE or whatever is left

Draft Deni.

Start the new Era

Guards- Fox, dragic

Levert is probably one of my favorite players in the league so I might be biased but I don't see any chance Brooklyn would move him for Barnes as the centerpiece going back to them. Not only is Levert the better player, in my opinion, his 3/52 contract is waaaay better than Barnes 4/85. I think we're pretty much stuck Barnes for the life of his contract.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#816 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:05 pm

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:This thread has been dead for awhile. But its time to start thinking about the summer. Priority #2 should be for us to target Deni. Here's my late night tin foil hat kings rebuild

Trade 1 Knicks and kings

Trade 2 Nets and kings

CLEAR THE CAP SHEET

Draft Deni.

Start the new Era

Guards- Fox, dragic

Levert is probably one of my favorite players in the league so I might be biased but I don't see any chance Brooklyn would move him for Barnes as the centerpiece going back to them. Not only is Levert the better player, in my opinion, his 3/52 contract is waaaay better than Barnes 4/85. I think we're pretty much stuck Barnes for the life of his contract.

FWIW I proposed this on the T&T Board. It got a pretty decent response. Some Brooklyn fans did say they would prefer trying to lure a wing using the mini-MLE but that it wasn't an awful suggestion.

With Irving, Dinwiddie, Durant... They are going to have a highly reduced role for LeVert going into next year. Factor in Harris & Temple and the backcourt looks pretty decent. This would be a huge upgrade for them at the 3/4 spots where right now they have Durant/Prince and the ghost of Wilson Chandler.

Allen/Jordan
Durant/Bjelica
Barnes/Durant
Harris/Temple
Irving/Diwiddie

Seems like an upgraded 9 man rotation vs playing some guys out of position and struggling on defense.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#817 » by OhioKingsFan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:29 am

I'm curious why Deni is the target? I'd value the wing shooting and defense of someone like Devin Vassell over Deni every time. I'd take what I see as a 'sure thing' in Vassell and then try to get a pick later in the draft to take a chance on a player like Jalen Smith.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#818 » by Jkam31 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:49 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Trade 1 Knicks and kings

Trade 2 Nets and kings

CLEAR THE CAP SHEET

Draft Deni.

Start the new Era

Guards- Fox, dragic

FWIW I proposed this on the T&T Board. It got a pretty decent response. Some Brooklyn fans did say they would prefer trying to lure a wing using the mini-MLE but that it wasn't an awful suggestion.

With Irving, Dinwiddie, Durant... They are going to have a highly reduced role for LeVert going into next year. Factor in Harris & Temple and the backcourt looks pretty decent. This would be a huge upgrade for them at the 3/4 spots where right now they have Durant/Prince and the ghost of Wilson Chandler.

Allen/Jordan
Durant/Bjelica
Barnes/Durant
Harris/Temple
Irving/Diwiddie

Seems like an upgraded 9 man rotation vs playing some guys out of position and struggling on defense.

Wouldn’t Brooklyn want Buddy Hield instead of Barnes.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#819 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:07 pm

OhioKingsFan wrote:I'm curious why Deni is the target? I'd value the wing shooting and defense of someone like Devin Vassell over Deni every time. I'd take what I see as a 'sure thing' in Vassell and then try to get a pick later in the draft to take a chance on a player like Jalen Smith.

I guess i'm just biased and like Deni as the highest upside guy. From what I've read about the guy hes got point-forward potential. I think we desperately need to be adding guys who can help with that alongside Fox. Having Deni, Bogdan, Lavine, and Fox was my idea of adding multiple creators to the team.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#820 » by nolang1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:22 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OhioKingsFan wrote:I'm curious why Deni is the target? I'd value the wing shooting and defense of someone like Devin Vassell over Deni every time. I'd take what I see as a 'sure thing' in Vassell and then try to get a pick later in the draft to take a chance on a player like Jalen Smith.

I guess i'm just biased and like Deni as the highest upside guy. From what I've read about the guy hes got point-forward potential. I think we desperately need to be adding guys who can help with that alongside Fox. Having Deni, Bogdan, Lavine, and Fox was my idea of adding multiple creators to the team.

Pokusevski has even more upside as a point forward; he's the best passer his height I've seen since Jokic and is likely to be available at the Kings' pick without having to move up.

Return to Sacramento Kings