Teams Will Not Have Access To Data From Optional Activity Tracking Device

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Teams Will Not Have Access To Data From Optional Activity Tracking Device 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Players and staff who want to wear Oura Rings will receive them upon entering the Disney World bubble, sources told Tim Bontemps of ESPN.

Wearing the device is optional.

The data will only be shared to the NBA and NBPA for health monitoring purposes.

Teams will not have access to the data, but will be notified if a player shows symptoms of COVID-19 or is at a high-risk for the virus.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Teams Will Not Have Access To Data From Optional Activity Tracking Device 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 am

I sincerely hope no player or staff member wears one of these. It’s bad enough we live with cameras everywhere, our cellphones being tracked and our internet usage monitored and sold.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Re: Teams Will Not Have Access To Data From Optional Activity Tracking Device 

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I sincerely hope no player or staff member wears one of these. It’s bad enough we live with cameras everywhere, our cellphones being tracked and our internet usage monitored and sold.
I agree this is nothing more that to collect personal data of athletes. Notice how they cover their ass by saying only works 90%. That right there should be a red flag and tell u this ring has nothing to do with covid and more to do with a test they doing

Return to Wiretap Discussion