ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Predicted 8 Game Schedule:

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Orlando Magic Predicted 8 Game Schedule: 

Post#21 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am

Nobody's pumped to see DJ pounding the ball late in playoff games while Fultz stands in a corner?
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#22 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:15 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
MagicFan41 wrote:Why would we be locked into the 8 seed? If we gain just 1 game on Nets (and we prob play them at least once), we make the 7 seed. Hopefully they give us the much easier schedule since we had the 2nd easiest schedule remaining prior to the stoppage.

We haven't shown the ability to beat good teams this season. The bottom feeders being left at home will hurt us imo. I was counting on the stretch of games against bad teams before the pandemic to try and secure the 7th spot. I'll wait to see our schedule but I'm not confident they will do us any favors.

This. I don't think we can discount the possibility of getting to the 7th seed when the competition is a depleted Nets squad, but it's all the same in the end. We are 13-5 against the teams left out of the resumed season and 17-30 against the teams that still remain. We are 5-26 against teams that are .500 or better. Considering the range of potential opponents we could face, this is statistically abject. We already know how this season is going to end and hoping for anything resembling a competitive series is fanciful. The instrument of our demise doesn't seem particularly relevant to me. We are a warm-up series in someone else's story.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#23 » by drsd » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Xatticus wrote:We are 5-26 against teams that are .500 or better.

This is a key stat and the late surge does not change this.

On 16 Jan Orlando won @LAL. Then 22 games came without Orlando beating a plus500 team. On 8 March, Orlando won @Houston.

Since 5 Jan., 2020, Orlando has exactly 2 wins against winning teams.

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#24 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:25 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Nobody's pumped to see DJ pounding the ball late in playoff games while Fultz stands in a corner?

Can't wait. DJ is actually the league leader in average seconds per touch this year (6.36 seconds) and in average dribbles per touch (6.77). Ahead of names like Trae young, James Harden, and Damian Lillard. I will cherish the day he is off this roster.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#25 » by Bakomagic » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Nobody's pumped to see DJ pounding the ball late in playoff games while Fultz stands in a corner?

Can't wait. DJ is actually the league leader in average seconds per touch this year (6.36 seconds) and in average dribbles per touch (6.77). Ahead of names like Trae young, James Harden, and Damian Lillard. I will cherish the day he is off this roster.

That is a crazy stat ! He is such a good spot up shooter too, coach needs to do a better job of putting his players in the best position to succeed. if he did that then running DJ + Fultz lineups would probably be fun to watch.

Fultz getting into the lane kicking it out to DJ for three !
MagicFan41
Sixth Man
And1: 163

Post#26 » by MagicFan41 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Xatticus wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
MagicFan41 wrote:Why would we be locked into the 8 seed? If we gain just 1 game on Nets (and we prob play them at least once), we make the 7 seed. Hopefully they give us the much easier schedule since we had the 2nd easiest schedule remaining prior to the stoppage.

We haven't shown the ability to beat good teams this season. The bottom feeders being left at home will hurt us imo. I was counting on the stretch of games against bad teams before the pandemic to try and secure the 7th spot. I'll wait to see our schedule but I'm not confident they will do us any favors.

This. I don't think we can discount the possibility of getting to the 7th seed when the competition is a depleted Nets squad, but it's all the same in the end. We are 13-5 against the teams left out of the resumed season and 17-30 against the teams that still remain. We are 5-26 against teams that are .500 or better. Considering the range of potential opponents we could face, this is statistically abject. We already know how this season is going to end and hoping for anything resembling a competitive series is fanciful. The instrument of our demise doesn't seem particularly relevant to me. We are a warm-up series in someone else's story.

In a normal season I would tend to agree a lot more. But I am not acting like the season is just going to resume as normal here. We will see. This is a very unique situation with teams not being at home, being in a hotel in a foreign place the entire length of the playoffs/season...teams being very rusty etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see some weird things happening. Also not going to discount our late run before the stoppage at all either. I think this Raptors team without Kawhi won't give us quite as many problems as last year's. I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a lot more competitive of a series.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#27 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:10 pm

We were a vastly different team last year. Not so much on paper, but by the last 1/3rd of the season we were very competitive and were beating playoff-caliber teams. I think in a lot of ways we just caught lightning in a bottle and had guys playing above their actual level during contract seasons. That hasn't been the case this year, and I don't expect it to suddenly change once the season resumes.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#28 » by zaymon » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:We were a vastly different team last year. Not so much on paper, but by the last 1/3rd of the season we were very competitive and were beating playoff-caliber teams. I think in a lot of ways we just caught lightning in a bottle and had guys playing above their actual level during contract seasons. That hasn't been the case this year, and I don't expect it to suddenly change once the season resumes.

We had elite shooting starting pg instead of non shooting and Gordon was shooting 36,5% from 3 after all star break, Isaac 38,2%.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#29 » by Knightro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:We were a vastly different team last year. Not so much on paper, but by the last 1/3rd of the season we were very competitive and were beating playoff-caliber teams. I think in a lot of ways we just caught lightning in a bottle and had guys playing above their actual level during contract seasons. That hasn't been the case this year, and I don't expect it to suddenly change once the season resumes.

Two main reasons...

1. The Magic were remarkably healthy last year (16 games missed from top players) and simply haven't been as lucky this year (82 games missed from top players).

2. Vucevic, Augustin and Ross are all worse than they were last year by quite a bit.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#30 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 pm

drsd wrote:
Xatticus wrote:We are 5-26 against teams that are .500 or better.

This is a key stat and the late surge does not change this.

On 16 Jan Orlando won @LAL. Then 22 games came without Orlando beating a plus500 team. On 8 March, Orlando won @Houston.

Since 5 Jan., 2020, Orlando has exactly 2 wins against winning teams.

Not sure if you're counting the Grizzlies, because i think we beat them to drop their record to 32-33.

I know Fournier's your guy, but if you count the Grizzlies as 500. We were 4-0 without Fournier and 3 wins against 500 teams. We looked like a much better team without him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#31 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Count me as one of the skeptics. I don't believe the NBA should continue the season. It is way past the normal due date and this just screams of either a cash grab or a Lebron demand to finish the season. I think they should concentrate on building hype for next season instead and retooling the league. Just seems stupid for a bunch of guys to play crammed in shortened season of meaningless basketball in an empty gym like any one of us does in some YMCA league.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#32 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:46 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Count me as one of the skeptics. I don't believe the NBA should continue the season. It is way past the normal due date and this just screams of either a cash grab or a Lebron demand to finish the season. I think they should concentrate on building hype for next season instead and retooling the league. Just seems stupid for a bunch of guys to play crammed in shortened season of meaningless basketball in an empty gym like any one of us does in some YMCA league.
I'm going to enjoy the basketball. I'm sure the players want paid too.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#33 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 am

basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Count me as one of the skeptics. I don't believe the NBA should continue the season. It is way past the normal due date and this just screams of either a cash grab or a Lebron demand to finish the season. I think they should concentrate on building hype for next season instead and retooling the league. Just seems stupid for a bunch of guys to play crammed in shortened season of meaningless basketball in an empty gym like any one of us does in some YMCA league.
I'm going to enjoy the basketball. I'm sure the players want paid too.

I will post video from the YMCA Rec. games we play to tide you over til the fun begins! 8-)

BTW, the games won't be the same. There will be hardly any pressure to perform for players during their gym games. For instance, during foul shots, there is much less pressure from atmosphere to perform. It will be more like guys playing pickup games at the gym than the pressure of a live competition.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM

Post#34 » by drsd » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 am

TheGlyde wrote:This article takes a calculated guess at a possible schedule for the 8 regular season games to be played at Disney:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/03/nba-playoff-schedule-projecting-for-all-22-returning-nba-teams/

The new structure will reportedly be based on teams’ existing schedules, teams playing their next eight originally scheduled games against the continuing 22 teams.

Prediction:
Pacers (39-26)
Kings (28-36)
Nets (30-34)
Nets (30-35) ;)
Pelicans (28-36)
76ers (39-26)
Raptors (46-18)
Lakers (49-14) or Trail Blazers (29-37)

I would take it, if we get 2/8 of the final games against the Nets, then our fate to avoid the playin and potentially Milwaukee in the first round is 100% in our own hands. Obviously would prefer the Blazers in the 8th game given that our original strength of schedule was quite favourable

This spredsheet has a different organisation and order of games for Orlando:
predited games for bubble teams
vs. SAC
at BKN
vs. IND
vs. BKN
at BOS
at PHI
vs. BOS
at IND

What is very interesting is the potential first 4 games for the Wizards:
at BOS
vs. OKC
at PHI
at BKN
vs. MIL
vs. PHX
vs. LAL
vs. PHI

One can imaging a scenario where Orlando gets a split in its first 4 and the Wizards lose all 4. Orlando will have nearly clinched with 4 games to spare.

BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#35 » by BDill012 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:51 pm

drsd wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:This article takes a calculated guess at a possible schedule for the 8 regular season games to be played at Disney:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/03/nba-playoff-schedule-projecting-for-all-22-returning-nba-teams/

The new structure will reportedly be based on teams’ existing schedules, teams playing their next eight originally scheduled games against the continuing 22 teams.

Prediction:
Pacers (39-26)
Kings (28-36)
Nets (30-34)
Nets (30-35) ;)
Pelicans (28-36)
76ers (39-26)
Raptors (46-18)
Lakers (49-14) or Trail Blazers (29-37)

I would take it, if we get 2/8 of the final games against the Nets, then our fate to avoid the playin and potentially Milwaukee in the first round is 100% in our own hands. Obviously would prefer the Blazers in the 8th game given that our original strength of schedule was quite favourable

This spredsheet has a different organisation and order of games for Orlando:
predited games for bubble teams
vs. SAC
at BKN
vs. IND
vs. BKN
at BOS
at PHI
vs. BOS
at IND

What is very interesting is the potential first 4 games for the Wizards:
at BOS
vs. OKC
at PHI
at BKN
vs. MIL
vs. PHX
vs. LAL
vs. PHI

One can imaging a scenario where Orlando gets a split in its first 4 and the Wizards lose all 4. Orlando will have nearly clinched with 4 games to spare.

What is predicted for Brooklyn?

I would love to pass them for 7th.
drsd
RealGM

Post#36 » by drsd » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:44 am

BDill012 wrote:What is predicted for Brooklyn?

I would love to pass them for 7th.

According to the Google sheet:
at LAC
at SAC
vs. WAS
vs. ORL
vs. LAC
at ORL
vs. POR
at MIL

If this is true, this is brutal. Bluntly, if Orlando were to win both Brooklyn games, I cannot see how the the Magic would not be the 7-seed.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#37 » by Knightro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Not that I expected the Wizards to catch the Magic, but this seems like it would make it more difficult for them.
drsd
RealGM

Post#38 » by drsd » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not that I expected the Wizards to catch the Magic, but this seems like it would make it more difficult for them.

Dāvis Bertāns exit is huge for Orlando indeed!

agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#39 » by agkagk » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 pm

j-ragg wrote:Hopefully LA would be in rest mode if it’s the last game of the “season”.

I don’t want the Bucks but another Raps series would be so boring to watch I’d rather just be 8th. Won’t win either but also won’t have to watch Lowry flopping across the court while my bp raises.

Don’t forget lowrys constant underhooking and hip checks

:D
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#40 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Let's say the Magic were to catch fire and win the title in Disney, do you put an asterisk on it? Do you celebrate it like you would have had they won it all in 2009?
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic