getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 

Post#741 » by getrichordie » Sat May 30, 2020 12:40 am

Galloisdaman wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Looking back at the box score. Durant actually had a really good offensive second half. 18 points including 12 in the 4th. I do not think he was trying to lose. What would he gain?

Dough, if he’s a gambler. Maybe he thought it better to join a winner than a team he just beat? Could have had his mind made up already and there was some kind of conflict of interest going on?

That is a bit out there. You think he would play well if he had a huge bet against his team? You think he is going to bet enough to compare to what he makes as a player? Why would he have to go join the Warriors if he just went to the Finals with a chance to win the finals? So he would lose to the Warriors on purpose to join them as winners? That is strange theory.

Could have been over the idea of playing with Westbrook any longer. If he had already made up his mind like I said, could have had some conflict of interest at play.

I mean, he scored some buckets in the 4th, but did it ever really get close? It felt like GSW was clearly in control down the home stretch. Durant missed his last two shots.

It’s probably a stretch, but going up 3-1 to lose 4-3 raises some flags given Durant left afterwards.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#742 » by Galloisdaman » Sat May 30, 2020 4:12 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Dough, if he’s a gambler. Maybe he thought it better to join a winner than a team he just beat? Could have had his mind made up already and there was some kind of conflict of interest going on?

That is a bit out there. You think he would play well if he had a huge bet against his team? You think he is going to bet enough to compare to what he makes as a player? Why would he have to go join the Warriors if he just went to the Finals with a chance to win the finals? So he would lose to the Warriors on purpose to join them as winners? That is strange theory.

Could have been over the idea of playing with Westbrook any longer. If he had already made up his mind like I said, could have had some conflict of interest at play.

I mean, he scored some buckets in the 4th, but did it ever really get close? It felt like GSW was clearly in control down the home stretch. Durant missed his last two shots.

It’s probably a stretch, but going up 3-1 to lose 4-3 raises some flags given Durant left afterwards.

Its just not logical that a guy who was within 8 points of a final would throw it to make a team he wants to go to win. Wouldnt he rather win with them the next season than have them win without him. Durant was the only starter that had a good game. 18 points in the second half. 12 in the 4th quarter.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201605300GSW.html
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#743 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:54 am

Who do these #s belong to? Hint: They are on our team. :lol:

Numbers are post-New Year.

PLAYER A

PLAYER B

[twitter] @thunderdustin
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#744 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 6, 2020 3:31 pm

If I was the NBA I would be really careful about salaries, tickets and cable TV costs. I thought people would miss the NBA much more than they have so they should realize people can do without them. People on many boards are barely discussing the playoffs.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#745 » by jambalaya » Sat Jun 6, 2020 4:09 pm

A SGA
B Schroder

What's your point?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#746 » by getrichordie » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:42 am

jambalaya wrote:A SGA
B Schroder

What's your point?

???.... To see if you could guess which one is which.

Also, on another note, FWIW, I think Bazley would go in the 15-20 range in this draft.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#747 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#748 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#749 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:13 pm

I'm surprised how few fans on Real Gm are discussing the playoffs. Maybe pro sports were not as important to us as we thought?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#750 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I'm surprised how few fans on Real Gm are discussing the playoffs. Maybe pro sports were not as important to us as we thought?

Sports isn’t about sports anymore and hasn’t been for a while. It’s all about politics and other things. I think I’m one of the few that actually like sports stories and not the other garbage. Even before all of this sports media preferred to talk about distracks, cryptic tweets, player fashion and other garbage. Tbh, it’s just about broken me in following sports.
itzmrgigglez
Junior
And1: 107

Post#751 » by itzmrgigglez » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I'm surprised how few fans on Real Gm are discussing the playoffs. Maybe pro sports were not as important to us as we thought?

Sports isn’t about sports anymore and hasn’t been for a while. It’s all about politics and other things. I think I’m one of the few that actually like sports stories and not the other garbage. Even before all of this sports media preferred to talk about distracks, cryptic tweets, player fashion and other garbage. Tbh, it’s just about broken me in following sports.

We aren’t discussing it as there’s so much uncertainty in everything right now and it doesn’t have the same type of feel or excitement. There are politics in sports but it’s not that big of an issue especially right now when there’s nothing else to do.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#752 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:59 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

I agree with a lot of that. I think the 24 hour cable tv cycle started us down a bad path and now Facebook and Twitter have continued that path.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#753 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#754 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:34 pm

This bubble is going to be a disaster but it will be nice to have something to watch on tv. These wheel of fortune reruns are getting old.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#755 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:04 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:This bubble is going to be a disaster but it will be nice to have something to watch on tv. These wheel of fortune reruns are getting old.

Why do you think it will be so bad? I do not have high hopes for it but I think anything may be better than nothing given the circumstances. I'm looking forward to watching. It could end up being interesting.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#756 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:This bubble is going to be a disaster but it will be nice to have something to watch on tv. These wheel of fortune reruns are getting old.

Why do you think it will be so bad? I do not have high hopes for it but I think anything may be better than nothing given the circumstances. I'm looking forward to watching. It could end up being interesting.

I don’t think the bubble will work but I agree that it will be nice to have some entertainment on tv.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#757 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Texas and Florida starting to shut down again. Will Florida burst the bubble before it can start?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#758 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Texas and Florida starting to shut down again. Will Florida burst the bubble before it can start?

Its possible but Texas and Florida remain 2 of the lower deaths per capita in the USA. They have around 2000 (TX) and 3000 (FL) deaths total compared to NY which is around 24,000. The death rate overall has fallen after more testing.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#759 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:Its possible but Texas and Florida remain 2 of the lower deaths per capita in the USA. They have around 2000 (TX) and 3000 (FL) deaths total compared to NY which is around 24,000. The death rate overall has fallen after more testing.

Texas is much more spread out. Even in Dallas you have big ranches where NYC is people stacked on top of each other. Texas and Florida also shut down faster while NY was playing politics. The politics in America has become insane as we are seeing a rise in fascism and it being supported by the people it will oppress and kill.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#760 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Its possible but Texas and Florida remain 2 of the lower deaths per capita in the USA. They have around 2000 (TX) and 3000 (FL) deaths total compared to NY which is around 24,000. The death rate overall has fallen after more testing.

Texas is much more spread out. Even in Dallas you have big ranches where NYC is people stacked on top of each other. Texas and Florida also shut down faster while NY was playing politics. The politics in America has become insane as we are seeing a rise in fascism and it being supported by the people it will oppress and kill.

Cuomo in NY ordered senior homes to take in people with Covid. That was insane. I never understood why people did not mention how strange that plan was but NY is much more than NYC. Long Island are suburbs. There are big open spaces upstate. I agree about the politics. I can not stand the politicians nor the media. They seem to purposefully want to light the world on fire. Most people are much more normal offline as well.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder