ImageImageImage

Romeo Langford Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,392

Re: Romeo Langford Thread 

Post#661 » by Homerclease » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:04 pm

He’s been fine. Nothing special but not a hindrance either. Guard version of Semi at this point
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#662 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:23 pm

djFan71 wrote:I feel like there are minutes, even with everyone healthy. Starters, Smart, Kanter, RWIII is only 8. Romeo should steal Semi minutes, probably some of Grant's, possibly Wanamaker's. If he earns it, there's time. In fact, it's kind of a key to our season that he does - in a lift our ceiling higher kind of way. Having him as a reliable scoring option off the bench would be super helpful. Then with him, Kemba, Jays, Hayward you can have 3 wing scorers on the court a vast majority of the time.

Semi is heroically sacrificing what little NBA credibility he had left to make sure Romeo can stay on as 10th/11th man.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#663 » by GuyClinch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:13 am

Javonte Green is also in the mix for minutes - the guy is super athletic and knows how to play some because of his euro experience IMHO. So sure Romeo looked better then Semi - but who doesn't?

I am cool with Romeo or Javonte getting minutes - both seem to be rotation worthy NBA players. They don't seem to cause runs for the opposition when they are in there. If Stevens favors Romeo doesn't bother me. He has looked like he belongs out there.

But with Smart back its going to be hard to give either of those guys minutes.. Smart can eat up 30+ minutes which is basically the extra minutes at the 1 and 2 slots This means we have 3 very talented 2/3 guys in Hayward, Tatum and Brown. I just don't see how the coach can play that many guys.

C's have a ton of depth at the wing positions and interestingly the center position. Its guys like Grant Williams who is almost big enough to play PF that can do well on our team minute wise. We don't have a lot of prototypical modern power forwards. A guy like Sabonis would be a nice fit with his passing ability..
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#664 » by sam_I_am » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:42 am

GuyClinch wrote:Javonte Green is also in the mix for minutes - the guy is super athletic and knows how to play some because of his euro experience IMHO. So sure Romeo looked better then Semi - but who doesn't?

I am cool with Romeo or Javonte getting minutes - both seem to be rotation worthy NBA players. They don't seem to cause runs for the opposition when they are in there. If Stevens favors Romeo doesn't bother me. He has looked like he belongs out there.

But with Smart back its going to be hard to give either of those guys minutes.. Smart can eat up 30+ minutes which is basically the extra minutes at the 1 and 2 slots This means we have 3 very talented 2/3 guys in Hayward, Tatum and Brown. I just don't see how the coach can play that many guys.

C's have a ton of depth at the wing positions and interestingly the center position. Its guys like Grant Williams who is almost big enough to play PF that can do well on our team minute wise. We don't have a lot of prototypical modern power forwards. A guy like Sabonis would be a nice fit with his passing ability..

I’m okay with Brad, Romeo, Green and Semi riding the pine until Gino time most nights if it means a healthy Smart and 3 wings getting all the minutes.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#665 » by GuyClinch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:18 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:Javonte Green is also in the mix for minutes - the guy is super athletic and knows how to play some because of his euro experience IMHO. So sure Romeo looked better then Semi - but who doesn't?

I’m okay with Brad, Romeo, Green and Semi riding the pine until Gino time most nights if it means a healthy Smart and 3 wings getting all the minutes.

Agree. C's advantage is perimeter talent at the 1 - 4 spots. But it the coach wants to run a 11 man rotation or whatever - it will be interesting to see who he picks. As long as its not Semi - I don't care. :P I don't even hate the guy - just think he is not even an above average NBA player.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#666 » by jmr07019 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm

GuyClinch wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

Agree. C's advantage is perimeter talent at the 1 - 4 spots. But it the coach wants to run a 11 man rotation or whatever - it will be interesting to see who he picks. As long as its not Semi - I don't care. :P I don't even hate the guy - just think he is not even an above average NBA player.

5 guys (3 wings, Smart and Kemba) isn't enough for 48 minutes at 4 positions. Maaaaaaybe in the playoffs but even then you likely need a 6th. If one of Romeo or Grant can emerge as a consistent contributor it would be big. Wanamaker has been consistent but I'd prefer more size out there.
Show Love Spread Love
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#667 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jan 3, 2020 1:00 pm

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#668 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 am

Fair warning: I haven't watched this myself yet. But if you're looking for a basketball documentary series involving one of our players, check out: https://www.crackle.com/on-point. I believe along with his teammates', it chronicles Romeo Langford's AAU journey.

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#669 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:34 am

UPDATE: I just finished the first episode. I didn't really care for the other two guys -- Emmitt Williams and Scottie Lewis (both college guys right now) -- but the bits about Langford are cool. His dad is apparently his team's manager.

The series is free to watch on Sony Crackle.

UPDATE 2: Skip it.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,998

Post#670 » by 31to6 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:55 am

Just spent awhile watching highlights like this
and trying to think “who does Romeo remind me of?” and ... it’s rookie version Reggie Lewis! Similar roles, similar results, similar lithe and somewhat slinky/elbowy builds/games. Reg was an all-time favorite of mine so I’m not at all implying a similar career trajectory, but thought I’d share the comparison.

(Reggie was a couple inches taller and Romeo is a bit heavier, both are somewhat notable for their # of blocks)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#671 » by snowman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm

I think Romeo will be a 15 min rotation player next season. He will help run the second team with Smart, G. Will, R. Will and Kanter in our 10 man rotation. I think he will capture Wannamaker's minutes, along with Smart running the second team.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#672 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:32 pm

The quarantine has turned Romeo Langford into a Dr. Seuss character.

Read on Twitter
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,392

Post#673 » by Homerclease » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:24 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:The quarantine has turned Romeo Langford into a Dr. Seuss character.

Read on Twitter

I hope it’s turned him into someone who can shoot a basketball
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,940

Post#674 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:21 am

Homerclease wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:The quarantine has turned Romeo Langford into a Dr. Seuss character.

Read on Twitter

I hope it’s turned him into someone who can shoot a basketball

He was coming on pretty good, before the stoppage. Gave us about 10 mins or so a game.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#675 » by shackles10 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:22 am

Romeo actually reminds me a lot of rookie Rozier but with better size obviously. Guys who aren’t point guards but can create a little and are best offensively with the call In their hands. While he didn’t come in with the reputation at all, Romeo’s defense for a rookie has been very good and pesky in that Rozier way. Both prefer the floaters instead even when you wish they’d take it all the way to the hoop, and both with very questionable results from outside. Hopefully Romeo can develop like Rozier has as he’s become an exceptional catch and shoot player in Charlotte.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#676 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:27 pm

shackles10 wrote:Romeo actually reminds me a lot of rookie Rozier but with better size obviously. Guys who aren’t point guards but can create a little and are best offensively with the call In their hands. While he didn’t come in with the reputation at all, Romeo’s defense for a rookie has been very good and pesky in that Rozier way. Both prefer the floaters instead even when you wish they’d take it all the way to the hoop, and both with very questionable results from outside. Hopefully Romeo can develop like Rozier has as he’s become an exceptional catch and shoot player in Charlotte.

Rozier had great natural shooting form from the jump, just with questionable results. Langford has pretty bad form issues. I don't see the comparison there.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#677 » by shackles10 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:07 pm

24istheLAW wrote:
shackles10 wrote:Romeo actually reminds me a lot of rookie Rozier but with better size obviously. Guys who aren’t point guards but can create a little and are best offensively with the call In their hands. While he didn’t come in with the reputation at all, Romeo’s defense for a rookie has been very good and pesky in that Rozier way. Both prefer the floaters instead even when you wish they’d take it all the way to the hoop, and both with very questionable results from outside. Hopefully Romeo can develop like Rozier has as he’s become an exceptional catch and shoot player in Charlotte.

Rozier had great natural shooting form from the jump, just with questionable results. Langford has pretty bad form issues. I don't see the comparison there.

Rozier’s results for awhile were bad. Plenty of guys have good form with bad results and many with bad forms and good results. As rookie players I think there’s a lot more to compare than just shooting form as I mentioned, and Rozier’s current numbers from 3 are a far cry from the criticism he received as a first and second year player. People were ready to ship him out for scraps.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,577

Post#678 » by bisme37 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:32 pm

Hey I just remembered this guy is on our team. That's pretty cool. Or something.
SilverQuick
Senior
And1: 220

Post#679 » by SilverQuick » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 pm

is he alive ? He was supposed to retun to court on sometime in january ?
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#680 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:07 pm

If this dude had a jumper he'd have gone top-3 in the draft. I would expect him back in March.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.

Return to Boston Celtics